PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport @ Anna

Bullaholic
10-27-2015, 11:24 AM
The Bulls have got to win this game, and the next, to make it into the playoffs. We were better on offense, and pretty solid on defense last week in the loss to Aubrey, and I think things will come together better on offense this week with our freshman QB gaining in experience and confidence. The Bulls usually need to put up 30+ on the scoreboard to win, and I think they do it this week and next. If we get healthy, and start clicking on offense, I think the Bulls can get into the playoffs and at least be competitive early. Go Bulls!

orange machine
10-27-2015, 11:52 AM
Bulls win pretty easy this week.

d0tc0m
10-27-2015, 12:56 PM
Yep. Bridgeport by three TDs this week. Could be the same type of game next week, too. Anna and Bonham are pretty terrrible, so I don't think the Bulls will have any trouble getting into the playoffs. With a little more health and some confidence to go with it, they could scare a team or two in the postseason, too. Time will tell.

Bullaholic
10-27-2015, 02:10 PM
Like several games, this one has been moved to Thurs at 7:30 in Anna. Thx for the confidence vote, folks---sure hope you are right. Go Bulls! Better late than never.....

Sweetwater Red
10-27-2015, 02:16 PM
Like several games, this one has been moved to Thurs at 7:30 in Anna. Thx for the confidence vote, folks---sure hope you are right. Go Bulls! Better late than never.....

The Bulls dont need a vote of confidence. They are ten point favorites. :thumbsup:

orange machine
10-27-2015, 03:02 PM
I
The Bulls dont need a vote of confidence. They are ten point favorites. :thumbsup:

I bet they win by more than 10 points.

Bullaholic
10-30-2015, 09:18 AM
This game began for the Bulls on a bad note---they lost a fumble on the first snap of the game deep in their territory, and Anna capitalized with a TD a few plays later. The Bull offense was again lethargic early, and the defense was trying to adjust, but did not begin to respond until Anna had a 17-0 lead. The Bulls finally got a few things going offensively late in the first half, played some solid defense in the second half, and showed some offensive flashes, but the offense was still inconsistent and was only able to close the gap to 24-21 at the final buzzer. Hats off to a fine Anna team who played an inspired game, executed well, and should have secured themselves the fourth district playoff slot, leaving the Bulls out in the cold this season. The Bulls finish against Bonham next week. Go Bulls!

d0tc0m
10-30-2015, 09:55 AM
Yikes. Sorry to hear that, Bull. That's a really weird/tough loss. The Bridgeport team that started the season 4-0 would've smoked that Anna team by 28+. Hell, even a mediocre Bulls team should've won handily. What happened to the Bulls? Were they that banged up, or was there something else in the water?

Bullaholic
10-30-2015, 10:17 AM
Yikes. Sorry to hear that, Bull. That's a really weird/tough loss. The Bridgeport team that started the season 4-0 would've smoked that Anna team by 28+. Hell, even a mediocre Bulls team should've won handily. What happened to the Bulls? Were they that banged up, or was there something else in the water? Just a bad combonation of a war of attrition with the injuries, lack of experience, and players having to fill in unfamiliar positions, dOtcOm, which led to a lot of inconsistency on the offense, and fatigue on the defense late in games. This is nothing that has not happened to a lot of good teams in the past, so I don't want to sound like I am making excuses, but I guess it was just our turn this season. We'll be back, and hit one of those seasons where everything comes together again before long. Thanks for the inquiries, and best of luck to Celina---the Bobcats have every chance of playing 16 games this season.

d0tc0m
10-30-2015, 10:31 AM
Just a bad combonation of a war of attrition with the injuries, lack of experience, and players having to fill in unfamiliar positions, dOtcOm, which led to a lot of inconsistency on the offense, and fatigue on the defense late in games. This is nothing that has not happened to a lot of good teams in the past, so I don't want to sound like I am making excuses, but I guess it was just our turn this season. We'll be back, and hit one of those seasons where everything comes together again before long. Thanks for the inquiries, and best of luck to Celina---the Bobcats have every chance of playing 16 games this season.

Man, I just hate to hear that. Would've been fun to see those 4-0 Bulls stay healthy, because I have no doubts they would've taken at least second in the district, and would've gone at least three rounds deep in the playoffs. Wouldn't have surprised me if they could've shocked Sweetwater, or at least pushed them to the brink.

Hopefully the younger kids on the team got some valuable experience and got to see what it takes to win week-in and week-out. Maybe they'll have a little extra drive and carry it over into a good offseason and be ready to go next August!

Thanks for the kind words about the Bobcats! Lots of football to be played, but they're starting to click at the right time, and the Bobcats are about to get a fresh stud senior RB back, who'll be playing with added motivation. It's going to be scary how hard he'll be running in the postseason. I think we'll see a whole new level of play out of this kid, and he could carry Celina into the semifinals if he chooses to.

Gen.Pat
10-31-2015, 06:46 PM
Sad to hear this. We have to win to get in next week vs Venus. Sorry you got bit by the injury bug. Godley had everyone back for the fist time last night since we opened with Sunneyvale.