PDA

View Full Version : Why so serious "traditional" teams?

SaltySixes
10-27-2015, 11:09 AM
Navarro just wants to have some fun too. The animosity toward all of the new posters is getting old...

toddg
10-27-2015, 11:31 AM
Navarro just wants to have some fun too. The animosity toward all of the new posters is getting old...
dont worry about it..people inherently dislike purple teams, because our teams, more often than not, beat their teams up lol!!:smoker:

lostaussie
10-27-2015, 11:43 AM

Serious....... Seriously:D I think most of us are anything but serious.

Rabid Cougar
10-27-2015, 11:55 AM

Then leave if you dont like it! How's is that for fake animosity? :wave:

lostaussie
10-27-2015, 11:58 AM
Then leave if you dont like it! How's is that for fake animosity? :wave:

That will make them feel right at home:D

panfan
10-27-2015, 12:24 PM

To quote the eloquent words of Taylor Swift, Salty you gotta "Shake it off, uh huh, shake it off!" or something like that.:D

Tejastrue
10-27-2015, 12:31 PM
For me..it's nothing personal and animosity exists only for game week until midnight this Friday. If you are able to access the archives..go back and read the crazy posts on here. For example 2010 Wimberley vs Sealy, Brownwood vs Carthage and 2011 Wimberley vs Devine.

SaltySixes
10-27-2015, 12:31 PM
To quote the eloquent words of Taylor Swift, Salty you gotta "Shake it off, uh huh, shake it off!" or something like that.:D

Lol I'll take that into consideration.

d0tc0m
10-27-2015, 12:51 PM

Animosity? I'm not sure I've seen any animosity towards any of the Navarro posters. But I certainly think when you're the new kid on the block who hasn't necessarily won anything of great value yet, you're going to catch some flak from the ones that have been here for a long time. But remember, that's all in good fun, too, and the old guard is just reminding you that you just got here. Just keep winning and have fun doing it. Things said on this board are rarely — if ever — personal.

firstdown
10-27-2015, 01:08 PM

Who's Navarro? She's likes purple? Is she pretty?:p

SintonFan_inAustin
10-27-2015, 01:14 PM
2011 Wimberley vs Devine.ahhh the Joseph Sadler record breaker rb Wimberley had to stop.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-27-2015, 01:15 PM
Navarro just wants to have some fun too. The animosity toward all of the new posters is getting old...Have some fun just don't step on our toes while we're up there lol

SaltySixes
10-27-2015, 01:54 PM
Have some fun just don't step on our toes while we're up there lol

Hey, im not one calling out sinton in every thread. Others maybe but not me.

Cam
10-27-2015, 02:02 PM

....let's face it Salty...this board is full of sunsbitches!!.....especially that rabid cougar!....:D:D

Cam
10-27-2015, 02:04 PM
Animosity? I'm not sure I've seen any animosity towards any of the Navarro posters. But I certainly think when you're the new kid on the block who hasn't necessarily won anything of great value yet, you're going to catch some flak from the ones that have been here for a long time. But remember, that's all in good fun, too, and the old guard is just reminding you that you just got here. Just keep winning and have fun doing it. Things said on this board are rarely — if ever — personal.

....and it's usually all Greendawg's fault!.....

lostaussie
10-27-2015, 02:08 PM
Navarro just wants to have some fun too.
Now your having fun. I can see the smile on your face all the way from Glimmer:D

slingshot
10-27-2015, 02:09 PM
....and it's usually all Greendawg's fault!.....It's ALWAYS Greendawg's fault...

toddg
10-27-2015, 02:13 PM
....and it's usually all Greendawg's fault!.....sometimes..its Cam's fault!!http://www.allsmileys.com/files/smiley-central-baddies/4286.gif

Rabid Cougar
10-27-2015, 02:46 PM

Have you seen a Hookandladder and SaggyAggie thread???? :1omg!:

d0tc0m
10-27-2015, 02:47 PM
Have you seen a Hookandladder and SaggyAggie thread???? :1omg!:

Yes. Once you've been around for a while, though, you know to just disregard some posters altogether ...

Rabid Cougar
10-27-2015, 02:47 PM
....let's face it Salty...this board is full of sunsbitches!!.....especially that rabid cougar!....:D:D

You know you love me :inlove:

coach
10-27-2015, 02:59 PM
If you think pepople are mean now, you should have been here about 7 years ago. You couldn't go a day without someone getting pissed then getting banned for 30 days for cussing. That was when this place was fun. Entertaining everyday. Now its just like blah.

orange machine
10-27-2015, 03:09 PM
Actually if you want to talk about purple teams and serious tradition well not to many purple teams in 4a with any lengthy tradition. Liberty Hill had a 3 year run and that's about as long as any purple team in 4a that I can think of. Not a knock on other teams, but it seems year in and year out there are 5 or 6 teams that are generally always in the hunt for a title. Of course you will have a team like Liberty Hill that will have a great group of kids come through, but when they are gone the program seems to take a step back.

d0tc0m
10-27-2015, 03:15 PM
If you think pepople are mean now, you should have been here about 7 years ago. You couldn't go a day without someone getting pissed then getting banned for 30 days for cussing. That was when this place was fun. Entertaining everyday. Now its just like blah.

Haha those were very fun/entertaining days, indeed. That was back before social media took off, though. People used to come here for 'information' and entertainment. Lots of fun M&G's at different games back then too. And we had the traveling 3ADownlow flag. Goodness ... the nostalgia's given me all the feels.

coach
10-27-2015, 03:20 PM
Haha those were very fun/entertaining days, indeed. That was back before social media took off, though. People used to come here for 'information' and entertainment. Lots of fun M&G's at different games back then too. And we had the traveling 3ADownlow flag. Goodness ... the nostalgia's given me all the feels.

Yea I guess social media is a factor in the lack or entertainment of this board. The M&Gs were awesome and I always liked seeing the pictures of where the flag was at. Also, late night chat was the bomb. Took away a lot of my study time in college.

44INAROW
10-27-2015, 03:26 PM
Serious....... Seriously:D I think most of us are anything but serious.

Seriously???? :stirpot::smoker:

44INAROW
10-27-2015, 03:28 PM

I made some long-standing relationships during those M&G... those were some fun times for sure :)

toddg
10-27-2015, 03:44 PM
Actually if you want to talk about purple teams and serious tradition well not to many purple teams in 4a with any lengthy tradition. Liberty Hill had a 3 year run and that's about as long as any purple team in 4a that I can think of. Not a knock on other teams, but it seems year in and year out there are 5 or 6 teams that are generally always in the hunt for a title. Of course you will have a team like Liberty Hill that will have a great group of kids come through, but when they are gone the program seems to take a step back.
i know you appreciated the spanking a purple team gave Henderson in 2011:)

WOS87
10-27-2015, 03:46 PM
I still have the traveling flag that was given to me hanging on my wall. Can't believe I've been here 10 years now. Can't wait to see who drops down in the next realignment for another round of comeuppances lol. Was Bridge City and Jasper in 2002, WOS in 2004, Brownwood in 2008, LaMarque and Stephenvillr in 2012. Would be fun to see Calallen eventually join the ranks. That would liven things up in RIV!

d0tc0m
10-27-2015, 03:51 PM
Yea I guess social media is a factor in the lack or entertainment of this board. The M&Gs were awesome and I always liked seeing the pictures of where the flag was at. Also, late night chat was the bomb. Took away a lot of my study time in college.

Ahhhh the late-night chat. Geeze, those were such fun nights. Get home from the games and the chat would have tons of people going nuts. Took away some study time for me as well, coach. Man, the feels just continue on and on into infinity.

d0tc0m
10-27-2015, 03:53 PM
I made some long-standing relationships during those M&G... those were some fun times for sure :)

I got to meet most of the LH 3ADL faithful before the 2006 title game down in Waco. That was such a fun day/night - except for the Bobcats losing a game they should've won. Either side of Floyd-Casey stadium was filled from about breakfast time until kickoff. One side was orange and white and the other was purple and gold. There was so much back-and-forth between the Bobcat/Panther faithful leading up to that game. It was fun to put that aside and actually see the faces behind the screen names. All those LH supporters were very cordial towards me and Orange Defense (doesn't post here anymore to my knowledge) when we came over to say hello.

Rabid Cougar
10-27-2015, 04:19 PM

Heck, I remember when schools used to schedule Liberty Hill to pad their wins.

lostaussie
10-27-2015, 04:31 PM

In the 70's we were EVERYBODYS homecoming game

movethechain
10-27-2015, 05:25 PM

That thread a couple years back about Hottest Coach's Wives and Daughters was REALLY entertaining (and enlightening), until it got deleted. :1omg!:

orange machine
10-27-2015, 05:35 PM
i know you appreciated the spanking a purple team gave Henderson in 2011:)

It was nice :D

orange machine
10-27-2015, 05:37 PM
Ahhhh the late-night chat. Geeze, those were such fun nights. Get home from the games and the chat would have tons of people going nuts. Took away some study time for me as well, coach. Man, the feels just continue on and on into infinity.

Heck the Thursday night chats were awesome we would have 20 to 30 people on here.

panfan
10-27-2015, 06:00 PM

Now that's hitting below the belt there RC.

oldtownag
10-27-2015, 07:11 PM
I like all posters except from the following schools:

Gilmer
Brownwood
Kilgore
Argyle
Henderson
Gilmer again
Navasoto (yea I said it)
Brownwood again
Tatum (C&C)
Carthage (except me)
And Gilmer

😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

lostaussie
10-27-2015, 08:12 PM

Gilmer
Brownwood
Kilgore
Argyle
Henderson
Gilmer again
Navasoto (yea I said it)
Brownwood again
Tatum (C&C)
Carthage (except me)
And Gilmer

��������������������������

Good......we love you too

slingshot
10-27-2015, 08:35 PM

Gilmer
Brownwood
Kilgore
Argyle
Henderson
Gilmer again
Navasoto (yea I said it)
Brownwood again
Tatum (C&C)
Carthage (except me)
And Gilmer

��������������������������Don't forget Wylie...

WOS1
10-27-2015, 08:41 PM
Heck the Thursday night chats were awesome we would have 20 to 30 people on here.

Ahhh the Thursday night chats... Good times!

d0tc0m
10-27-2015, 09:11 PM
Ahhh the Thursday night chats... Good times!

They were indeed. We should start that up again.

orange machine
10-27-2015, 09:52 PM

I agree that was so much fun. We would have 5 different conversations going on all at the same time and same page.

Cam
10-27-2015, 10:11 PM
It's ALWAYS Greendawg's fault...

.........:2thumbsup......

Cam
10-27-2015, 10:13 PM
sometimes..its Cam's fault!!http://www.allsmileys.com/files/smiley-central-baddies/4286.gif

......I'm innocent until proven innocent!.......:D

Cam
10-27-2015, 10:33 PM
You know you love me :inlove:

.....well...I did until you tried to shove that yard stick up my arse when I wasn't lookin' at McLane Stadium last season.....and all because I accidentally stepped on the chain....I never realized chain gangers could be so ruthless!...When they're on the move after a first down, don't get in their way!!......and in the background you could hear a couple of Robinson players on the bench:
Rocket #1: "Did you just see that dude? That stubby lookin' chain gang guy just tried to shove that yard stick up that photographers arse!"
Rocket #2: "Are you serious? Man! He must be from China Spring! Nevermind that crap, pay attention, we're losin' this game!"...(I threw that last line in just for you Rocket Man!)........

....the things that happen during a game!......:doh::doh:

bag-o-chips
10-28-2015, 05:39 AM
Salty six don't get all upset. I guess you took offense to the newbie thing but it's all good. Just that I have been the main Navarro guy wading around with all these sharks for awhile. Just enjoy and seriously don't be serious!!

PurplePop
10-28-2015, 06:34 AM

On behalf of the newbies, we'd be honored to take part ... um... uh ... I mean ... if ya'll don't mind us kinda hangin around. Seriously, as an oldie newbie, this is some good stuff. Where else can you see rock solid advice like: "If your girlfriend or her dad own a liquor store and a fishing boat, you don't need a pre-nup"! That was classic.

lostaussie
10-28-2015, 07:20 AM
On behalf of the newbies, we'd be honored to take part ... um... uh ... I mean ... if ya'll don't mind us kinda hangin around. Seriously, as an oldie newbie, this is some good stuff. Where else can you see rock solid advice like: "If your girlfriend or her dad own a liquor store and a fishing boat, you don't need a pre-nup"! That was classic.

There you go. Take it for what it is.......entertainment.

BB BULLS
10-28-2015, 07:22 AM
Salty just read my motto

coach
10-28-2015, 09:03 AM
That thread a couple years back about Hottest Coach's Wives and Daughters was REALLY entertaining (and enlightening), until it got deleted. :1omg!:

Nothing better than the Hot Girl of the Month.

d0tc0m
10-28-2015, 09:09 AM

CLASSIC! I used to have to scroll down quickly in certain situations - work or at the library - because of HGotM!

lostaussie
10-28-2015, 09:18 AM

Ranger Mom probably still looking for her sweet beaver:D

lostaussie
10-28-2015, 09:19 AM
Keith7 and the Philadelphia Eagles and Mandy.......oh Mandy

pirate4state
10-28-2015, 10:23 AM

They don't call me super mean girl for nothing! seriously :devil:

Rabid Cougar
10-28-2015, 10:58 AM
Now that's hitting below the belt there RC.

No different than China Spring in the '90s.

Rabid Cougar
10-28-2015, 11:00 AM
.....well...I did until you tried to shove that yard stick up my arse when I wasn't lookin' at McLane Stadium last season.....and all because I accidentally stepped on the chain....I never realized chain gangers could be so ruthless!...When they're on the move after a first down, don't get in their way!!......and in the background you could hear a couple of Robinson players on the bench:
Rocket #1: "Did you just see that dude? That stubby lookin' chain gang guy just tried to shove that yard stick up that photographers arse!"
Rocket #2: "Are you serious? Man! He must be from China Spring! Nevermind that crap, pay attention, we're losin' this game!"...(I threw that last line in just for you Rocket Man!)........

Stay out of the damd way!!!!!

panfan
10-28-2015, 11:16 AM

I was running chains a couple of weeks ago and the only one I had to ask to move repeatedly was the freaking photog. I stopped asking and just started yanking or moving. I was tempted to knock him over the head with the yard marker. Why is it that 40-60 kids and coaches know to stay out of the way and the one photog out there is the one constantly in the way.:D

coach
10-28-2015, 11:27 AM

And her telling the condom story every so often was great.

44INAROW
10-28-2015, 11:33 AM
And her telling the condom story every so often was great.

That condom story is golden... awesome story :)

waterboy
10-28-2015, 12:03 PM
Where the heck is Ranger Mom anyway? She hasn't been on at all this season that I can tell. I know she's busy, but she has completely left us... :(

WOS87
10-28-2015, 01:38 PM
Oh... She's still quietly lurking.

coach
10-28-2015, 01:46 PM
Oh... She's still quietly lurking.

lurky lurky

Rabid Cougar
10-28-2015, 06:11 PM
I was running chains a couple of weeks ago and the only one I had to ask to move repeatedly was the freaking photog. I stopped asking and just started yanking or moving. I was tempted to knock him over the head with the yard marker. Why is it that 40-60 kids and coaches know to stay out of the way and the one photog out there is the one constantly in the way.:D

See!:tisk:

hollywood
10-28-2015, 07:37 PM
A big shout out to one of my long lost cousins... Ranger Mom.

:wave:

bobcat1
10-28-2015, 08:41 PM
Classic!

lostaussie
10-28-2015, 08:43 PM
Classic!

Might have been my best line in 10 years on the Downlow:D

44INAROW
10-28-2015, 09:08 PM
Might have been my best line in 10 years on the Downlow:D

That was about the same time that someone used the term " milf" and I swear with all that's holy, that I didn't know what it stood for. Jason drew the short straw and had to tell me😜😜😜😜👀. Gosh, we used to have so much fun on here.... Anyone ever hear from Forrest?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lostaussie
10-28-2015, 09:10 PM
Wonder what ever happened to Aggie John:D Dude used to crack me up

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

bobcat1
10-28-2015, 10:03 PM
What about Casey. Hot girl of the week was good. And I met Rita at Georges in Waco 2006. She ain't as mean as she lets on. B44, Carol (I can't remember her screen name), and that Village Idiot from Celina, West TX Cornbread, or something like that, that had band kids that was the know all tell all for Celina football. Bobcat Benny was a goodun too. Rick and the Skins for life. Who could ever forget Black Magic and the ankle twisters from Schneida. Where in the heck is Garcia?????????????

Rabid Cougar
10-29-2015, 09:43 AM
We all love Gary!

pirate4state
10-29-2015, 09:47 AM
That was about the same time that someone used the term " milf" and I swear with all that's holy, that I didn't know what it stood for. Jason drew the short straw and had to tell me����������. Gosh, we used to have so much fun on here.... Anyone ever hear from Forrest?

:spitlol: ah, the good old days!

Sweetwater Red
10-29-2015, 09:56 AM
Anyone ever hear from Forrest?

Right after he left here, we exchanged e-mails discussing what it was the precipitated him
be rommed. Not long after that I got a request to add him to my linkedin account. While
I haven't talked to him since his banning, I get email updates everytime something
changes on his account with a big profile pic attached. The last one was just a month
ago or so.

pancho villa
10-29-2015, 10:46 AM
Do you know what a girl from Geronimo says after sex?

coach
10-29-2015, 11:15 AM

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Aggie John left when I was only on here for about a month. Havent heard anyone talk about him in a while.

Bullaholic
10-29-2015, 11:21 AM
There are many Downlow reincarnations....

waterboy
10-29-2015, 11:34 AM
There are many Downlow reincarnations....

Name 'em! :1popcorn: :D

SaltySixes
10-29-2015, 11:53 AM

????

Sweetwater Red
10-29-2015, 12:04 PM
Mandy.......oh Mandy

She was pure evil and awesomeness combined and she would tell you that. :D

He came back under a new user name to say hi and announce that he was married with children and left
again soon after.

Where the heck is Ranger Mom anyway?
Today she is morning the loss of her sister :(

Where in the heck is Garcia?????????????

Busy posting pics of his kids and grand kids on FB and more recently Wylie pics
on the DL FB page. Imagine that? Lol

Cam
10-29-2015, 12:36 PM

heck I don't know.....probably something like, "WOW! You were better than that big German fella from Schumansville that I met at the Blue Hills Antique Mall!"........:D

pancho villa
10-29-2015, 12:48 PM
????

Get off me Dad you’re crushing my cigarettes.

Bullaholic
10-29-2015, 01:52 PM

Even for pancho... 927

lostaussie
10-29-2015, 02:28 PM

That is disgusting.........why the hell am I laughing so hard:D

pirate4state
10-29-2015, 02:34 PM
That is disgusting.........why the hell am I laughing so hard:D

i'm not laughing and i usually "get" his humor :eek: SMH

Sweetwater Red
10-29-2015, 03:05 PM
i'm not laughing and i usually "get" his humor :eek: SMH

He has told this joke several times. Only difference is that this time it isn't an Ingleside girl.

nobogey72
10-29-2015, 03:18 PM

You know why Mike Tyson cries after sex?

Aggie98
10-29-2015, 03:20 PM
You know why Mike Tyson cries after sex?

Mace.

pirate4state
10-29-2015, 04:02 PM
He has told this joke several times. Only difference is that this time it isn't an Ingleside girl.

Really? I know he is always talking about Ingleside women in bars and smoking cigs, but I guess I never saw the "dad" part of it

pancho villa
10-30-2015, 07:49 AM
Why do women in Sinton have small feet?

panfan
10-30-2015, 08:01 AM
Why do women in Sinton have small feet?

:1popcorn::1popcorn:

pancho villa
10-30-2015, 08:21 AM
To stand closer to the stove

pirate4state
10-30-2015, 09:42 AM
:1popcorn::1popcorn:

Pancho knows to play it safe with me or the next time i see him he will find my size 9 shoe in his backside! :D :wave:

panfan
10-30-2015, 09:46 AM
Pancho knows to play it safe with me or the next time i see him he will find my size 9 shoe in his backside! :D :wave:

Im envisioning short mexican dude being trailed by woman with foot up a$$$. From other thread, sounds like he needs that about right now.

pancho villa
10-30-2015, 09:59 AM
You can't say anything these days without somebody getting their panties in a wad.

SaltySixes
10-30-2015, 10:12 AM
You can't say anything these days without somebody getting their panties in a wad.

Are you really complaining? No respect.

Sweetwater Red
10-30-2015, 10:24 AM
Are you really complaining? No respect.

:thinking:

SaltySixes
10-30-2015, 10:33 AM
:thinking:

Go look at what pancho villa was blabbing about on the raining cats and dogs thread before you hop up on your high horse red. Im glad yalls houses are fine. Douchebags.

d0tc0m
10-30-2015, 10:43 AM
Looks like some folks need to take a breather again ...

SaltySixes
10-30-2015, 10:47 AM
Nvmd about going to look at the pancho comments, they were removed.

Sweetwater Red
10-30-2015, 11:05 AM
Go look at what pancho villa was blabbing about on the raining cats and dogs thread before you hop up on your high horse red. Im glad yalls houses are fine. Douchebags.

I was simply pointing out that he began targeting Navarro as soon as this thread was started.
And now that everyone knows how sensitive some of you Panther fans are the ribbing and
trolling from him and other posters may never stop. Goodluck with that :thumbsup:

Rocket Man
10-30-2015, 11:16 AM

Good thing those boys didn't know you were a Brunette spy otherwise they'd held you down while the Chain Gang had their way with you......................

Cam
10-30-2015, 01:19 PM
Good thing those boys didn't know you were a Brunette spy otherwise they'd held you down while the Chain Gang had their way with you......................

....i don't think that would've worked....I'm kinda of a control freak!......