PDA

View Full Version : Columbus @ Bellville

OLE'BULL
10-26-2015, 08:08 AM
So what do the Cards have this year? I know they are well coached, but they seem to be struggling this year? Bellville is really playing some good football right now and the offense is firing on all cylinders. Two weeks ago we had a RB who moved up from the JV (Stallones) run his way into the Brahma record book as the 8th leading rusher in yards per game, he had something like 240 yds. Last week Mac Briscoe, who has been a workhorse all year long on offense and defense rushed his way to #2 all time in yards per game with 307 yds on 21 carries with 3 TD's (he had 4 the week before). He is only a Junior and probably the one kid on the team currently who has a shot to play D-I ball, IF he puts on some more weight. I don't see Bellville slipping up at home on Parents Night and putting the District Championship in jeopardy. We have really come together through the adversity we have faced and became a better TEAM because of it. This game is always a fun one, not our biggest rival but we don't care for "C-Town" very much and I am sure the feeling is mutual. I am going to be bold and say our starters will be out before the 4th quarter and getting plenty of rest for the playoffs with a bye week next week. Bellville 35-Columbus10. At least 7 points will be scored by Columbus in the 4th quarter vs. the backups. Bellville will get an early lead and let off the gas, go Brahmas!

Scoop27
10-26-2015, 12:19 PM
Webcast
www.kulmradio.com

The Bull #40
10-30-2015, 10:14 PM
I was surprised how close this game was, but Columbus always plays the Brahmas hard! Good hard-fought win for the Brahmas heading into the Playoffs with a District Championship!

Scoop27
10-30-2015, 10:17 PM
Brahmas had a game winning 31 yard field goal with no time left after Cardinals got a TD and 2 point conversion to go up 22-21 with a minute left A personal foul penalty in the field goal drive gave the Brahmas a first and goal at the 25 I think

zebrablue2
10-31-2015, 02:12 AM
Congrats to the Bulls, DC. Good win!!!

OLE'BULL
10-31-2015, 07:28 AM
Boy was I off. The Cards came to play last night! Like I said, it's always a fun game and Columbus showed they aren't the team I thought they were. I found it ironic that the kid who essentially cost Columbus the game, was a kid who lives in Bellville but left and went to Columbus because he couldn't get along with Rowe. Actually I found it funny. He got the personal foul that put Bellville in FG range at the end of the game. You can keep him C Town! We HAVE to find someone who can deep snap. It was a terrible snap on that last second FG, thank God the holder quickly readjusted and our kicker was patient and didn't get distracted. Great job Brahmas, they can't all be pretty wins! Enjoy the title of District Champs!

Pudlugger
10-31-2015, 08:33 AM
What were the circumstances on that personal foul? Scoop said it was after the stop on 4th down. What a shame. I bet Coach V blew a fuse on that one. Poor kid I hate to see outcomes hinge on a penalty like that. Good luck to both teams going into the playoffs. It will be interesting to see how D11 stacks up this year against d12. IIRC we went 2-2 last season.

OLE'BULL
10-31-2015, 09:14 AM
What were the circumstances on that personal foul? Scoop said it was after the stop on 4th down. What a shame. I bet Coach V blew a fuse on that one. Poor kid I hate to see outcomes hinge on a penalty like that. Good luck to both teams going into the playoffs. It will be interesting to see how D11 stacks up this year against d12. IIRC we went 2-2 last season.

Pud, see my response to your statement in the LG/Wharton thread. I am not sure EXACTLY what happened but I know the kid, he isn't one who has made the best decisions nor would I consider him a coaches dream to have as a player. I will leave it at that since they are just kids. Long story short, he broke a rule that is in place to try to enforce the integrity of this great sport. Doesn't matter if it was on the opening kick off or in the final seconds of the game. He broke a rule, and they called a penalty that also probably affected the outcome of a game. The end. I am sure he will be disciplined by the coaches, and hopefully by the leaders of the Cards team as well. In my day we policed ourselves and ran the bad apples off on our own. Like I said, C Town can keep him!

Pudlugger
10-31-2015, 09:35 AM
Pud, see my response to your statement in the LG/Wharton thread. I am not sure EXACTLY what happened but I know the kid, he isn't one who has made the best decisions nor would I consider him a coaches dream to have as a player. I will leave it at that since they are just kids. Long story short, he broke a rule that is in place to try to enforce the integrity of this great sport. Doesn't matter if it was on the opening kick off or in the final seconds of the game. He broke a rule, and they called a penalty that also probably affected the outcome of a game. The end. I am sure he will be disciplined by the coaches, and hopefully by the leaders of the Cards team as well. In my day we policed ourselves and ran the bad apples off on our own. Like I said, C Town can keep him!

Agreed, well said Ole'Bull. That kid will run some laps this week for sure. Good luck against Smithville. You shouldn't break much of a sweat winning but must stay healthy. The Tigers are known for bad behavior much more so than the Cards imo. At least you will not be playing in their stadium on the hard surface.