PDA

View Full Version : If we keep playing lethargic like that

lostaussie
10-24-2015, 08:05 PM
Somebody's gonna beat us. Bucks 28 Bullard 21. Steady rain, they were ready, we were not. Conditions same for both teams. We did not play well.......but take nothing away from Bullard. They were the more inspired team. Lines are a beast and qb very gritty. They almost snapped the streak.

WOS87
10-24-2015, 09:20 PM
I say this definitely should move Navarro into the unanimous #1 spot in every poll and ranking. Target gone.. gratz! ;)

Eagle Nation
10-24-2015, 09:34 PM
If you play the you did today., Celina will run you out of the stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lostaussie
10-25-2015, 06:47 AM
This^

Celina8
10-25-2015, 07:36 AM
Every team has a game each year that seems like they are just going thru the motion. You add awful weather , a motivated opponent that treats you as their State Title game. Well, those to me are the type of games that truely test you and Gilmer passed that test as they just continue to win. When Gilmer plays bad they still win, and when they play good they easily win, and when they execute on all cyclinders this happens 74-14!

Aesculus gilmus
10-25-2015, 10:00 AM
Gilmer couldn't block Bullard. Thus, no running game in weather conditions where you really need one.

Had Lamarcus Morton still been hurt, we'd have lost. Give credit to Zac Spears for getting the ball to him, too.

It's not that Spears cannot pass accurately. It's just that he is not tall enough to get all his passes past the line of scrimmage. It's very sad to watch.

It doesn't mean this team can't win state. But I met a Celina player's grandfather who'd come to watch our game. He told me how good they were. I expect Celina to be heavily favored if there is a rematch and they SHOULD be, from what I've heard and read.

regaleagle
10-25-2015, 10:10 AM
I know this much.....Celina will need Alexander to win State. They won't need Alexander for some playoff wins, but they'll need him for the Region 1 final for sure. They won some games easily without him, but their second-teamers could have won those games. He was the difference maker against Argyle.

lostaussie
10-25-2015, 10:31 AM
Maybe I'm looking thru stained glass here. We have won some titles I didn't think we were going to. We have lost at least a couple I thought we should have won. This is one year that we gonna go 10-0 and I'm still going to be wondering how good we are. We are too predictable, and it almost got us beat yesterday........but if we have good conditions and can throw down field, it opens up a lot of different avenues for us. The one thing that concerned me the most yesterday was our o-line. Bad conditions...... Maybe we just had a bad day.

RPF2666
10-25-2015, 10:31 AM
I know this much.....Celina will need Alexander to win State. They won't need Alexander for some playoff wins, but they'll need him for the Region 1 final for sure. They won some games easily without him, but their second-teamers could have won those games. He was the difference maker against Argyle.

Alexander will be ready... They are being very cautious
with him.

PurplePop
10-25-2015, 11:00 AM
I say this definitely should move Navarro into the unanimous #1 spot in every poll and ranking. Target gone.. gratz! ;)
The giant, neon mega-target is on Celina.

RPF2666
10-25-2015, 11:05 AM
I don't know about that... The champ is the champ until proven otherwise...

lostaussie
10-25-2015, 11:18 AM
The giant, neon mega-target is on Celina.

Lol....not yet. But maybe later

PurplePop
10-25-2015, 11:22 AM
From my vantage point down in south Texas, Celina looks to be a notch better than Gilmer this year, at least. No disrespect intended to Gilmer at all. And, of course, the kids get to decide, not us folks with nothing better to do but talk about it.

lostaussie
10-25-2015, 11:27 AM
From my vantage point down in south Texas, Celina looks to be a notch better than Gilmer this year, at least. No disrespect intended to Gilmer at all. And, of course, the kids get to decide, not us folks with nothing better to do but talk about it.

My question is are they 53 points better than last year? Do I think if we play it will be a much better game. Of course I do. Our D can play with anybody. The question is can our offensive scores enough. That's a damn strange thing to say when you live in Gilmer Texas:D

PurplePop
10-25-2015, 11:43 AM
My question is are they 53 points better than last year? Do I think if we play it will be a much better game. Of course I do. Our D can play with anybody. The question is can our offensive scores enough. That's a damn strange thing to say when you live in Gilmer Texas:D
Honestly, I just see players stats and a few videos here and there and it's hard to judge a defense by stats so my vantage point is limited. But, Celina looks incredibly hard to stop especially after they get their RB back.

lostaussie
10-25-2015, 11:48 AM
Time will tell for the Buckeyes. One of these days the streak will be broken. We all know that........but as always, I'll hunt around playoff games, or we will get beat, and I'll just go hunt:D Life will go on.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

d0tc0m
10-25-2015, 02:33 PM

We don't need to be 53 points better than last year. That was last year. This year's version of the Bobcats is drastically better than the 2014 edition, and not just from a talent standpoint. Celina has a different feel this season, and it reminds me a lot of the 2007 team that took on the motto of 'Finish It' after losing to Liberty Hill in the title game the year before. Alexander will be back, and he will be fresh. The good news is, unlike what Regal will tell you, that Celina can win even without Alexander. They could likely win Region I without him if they had to, because of the depth on this team. That said, they will need him against Gilmer - assuming both teams make it. Gilmer is still a great team, and will ride it's defense to at least the semifinals. But they're not the 2014 Buckeyes, and, like I said, neither are these Bobcats much like the 2014 version. So you can enjoy that 67-14 score from last year, but you might as well throw it out the window in a rematch. The Bobcats don't need to be 53 points better. They just need to be one point better one night.

The playoffs are going to be fun.

lostaussie
10-25-2015, 02:51 PM
I agree with most of that:D

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

lostaussie
10-25-2015, 02:54 PM
Really.......I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't know who in RII can beat us........but if it happens I won't be surprised. Disappointed, yes. Surprised no. After that, its anybodys guess. Like you said, the playoffs will be fun.

Simple Man
10-25-2015, 02:58 PM
Somebody's gonna beat us. Bucks 28 Bullard 21. Steady rain, they were ready, we were not. Conditions same for both teams. We did not play well.......but take nothing away from Bullard. They were the more inspired team. Lines are a beast and qb very gritty. They almost snapped the streak.

Bullard has a good team. Very well coached. They will play at least 2 rounds. Maybe more.

lostaussie
10-25-2015, 03:00 PM
Bullard has a good team. Very well coached. They will play at least 2 rounds. Maybe more.

Agree 100%. Not trying to say they didn't belong. They are well coached and very disciplined. That in itself will keep you in some games that you should probably lose.

d0tc0m
10-25-2015, 03:24 PM
Really.......I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't know who in RII can beat us........but if it happens I won't be surprised. Disappointed, yes. Surprised no. After that, its anybodys guess. Like you said, the playoffs will be fun.

I don't foresee anyone in Region II beating you guys either, honestly. People are speaking highly of Center here lately. I know they've got a great coach in Bowman, but I haven't seen enough of them to know if they're good enough to knock off the Buckeyes. Time will tell, though, and eventually all this stuff will sort itself out.

orange machine
10-25-2015, 05:14 PM
I think Celina needs to worry about Sweetwater before Gilmer.

lostaussie
10-25-2015, 05:22 PM

I agree there is lots of ball to be played. We in turn have to worry about every game we play. If we lose focus on a decent team, we could easily be watching the next week.

d0tc0m
10-25-2015, 05:59 PM

I agree there is lots of ball to be played. We in turn have to worry about every game we play. If we lose focus on a decent team, we could easily be watching the next week.

The same could be said for every team across the state. But those 'worry about the game at hand' cliches - while true - are for the coaches and the players. They make for boring conversation for fans. So since we can't have any effect on the outcome of the games, it's much more fun to talk about potential matchups.

waterboy
10-26-2015, 08:39 AM
If we don't clean up our game quickly, I can't see us getting past the third round to be honest. We can look very good at times, but then..., a few series we look lethargic and undisciplined. It'll be an uphill battle for us to continue to win ugly. No doubt that this team has heart, but they just aren't executing the way the Buckeye teams of the past have. From a talent standpoint, we are better than most of the teams we've faced, but we are very inconsistent. The worrisome part to me is the defense has had lapses of late, too. I have no doubt we have a good enough team to repeat IF we clean up our game, regain our focus, and execute the way we are capable.

Bullard has some good-looking athletes, and some very good coaching. They are fundamentally sound, their coaches game plan very well, and they have good enough athletes to execute it. They will get "out-athleted" in the playoffs, but probably not out-coached.

pirate4state
10-26-2015, 10:10 AM
Maybe I'm looking thru stained glass here. We have won some titles I didn't think we were going to. We have lost at least a couple I thought we should have won. This is one year that we gonna go 10-0 and I'm still going to be wondering how good we are. We are too predictable, and it almost got us beat yesterday........but if we have good conditions and can throw down field, it opens up a lot of different avenues for us. The one thing that concerned me the most yesterday was our o-line. Bad conditions...... Maybe we just had a bad day.

I totally feel you and feel the same about the Pirates! #realtalk