PDA

View Full Version : Scores from District 6-4A Division II

Aesculus gilmus
10-22-2015, 09:45 PM
Two significant Thursday night games just ended:

Center demolished Atlanta in Atlanta, 30-7, and now has the inside track to be that district's champion.

Gladewater came from behind to edge Pleasant Grove in Texarkana, 14-7.

This means the Buckeyes will likely face the Pleasant Grove Hawks in bi-district and we are also on track probably to face the Center Roughriders in the third round, if both teams last that long.

waterboy
10-23-2015, 08:17 AM
Ever since Center opened the season with the loss to Waskom, they've quietly put together a win streak of 7 games. Their schedule wasn't very strong, though, and Atlanta has fallen off recently. I still think they will be there in round three.

Sweetwater Red
10-23-2015, 08:25 AM
Two significant Thursday night games just ended:

Center demolished Atlanta in Atlanta, 30-7, and now has the inside track to be that district's champion.

Gladewater came from behind to edge Pleasant Grove in Texarkana, 14-7.

This means the Buckeyes will likely face the Pleasant Grove Hawks in bi-district and we are also on track probably to face the Center Roughriders in the third round, if both teams last that long.

Interesting

Aesculus gilmus
10-23-2015, 08:26 AM
I listened to the Center-Atlanta game. Even thought about going to see it.

Atlanta has had some injuries. Plus, I read on the East Texas site that the Rabbs' nose guard quit recently.

The Atlanta broadcasters were consoling themselves at the end with the fact that Center now has to play the toughest part of its schedule (Pleasant Grove and Gladewater, both on the road) and Atlanta is through with its tough schedule (its last two games are against Tatum and Spring Hill).

So it's no sure thing that Center wins out. They might have to break out the rulebook on tiebreakers to figure out the seedings in that district.

What Center's run again proves is what a good coach Barry Bowman is. I already knew that from watching him win state three years in a row at Daingerfield.

waterboy
10-23-2015, 09:08 AM
This is Bowman's first, or second, year at Center? He is a very good coach for sure. Center has always had some talent down there, but hasn't gotten to the point of consistency. With a couple of seasons under Bowman, Center will likely be a perennial playoff team, and in time might get to the point of being a perennial title contender. Atlanta has definitely had an injury plagued season, and is nowhere near the team they were to start the season.

lostaussie
10-23-2015, 09:15 AM
Everyone keeps talking about District 6 4A DII and injuries. They do have some kids hurt........but the fact of the matter is.........that district is about as weak as ours.

waterboy
10-23-2015, 10:45 AM
Everyone keeps talking about District 6 4A DII and injuries. They do have some kids hurt........but the fact of the matter is.........that district is about as weak as ours.

We've had our share of injuries, too, but we have more depth than just about anybody in 4A-D2. I don't think District 6 is quite as weak as our district. I could be wrong, but I think there are probably about three teams in that district that would likely beat the second and third place team in our district, whoever that ends up being.

d0tc0m
10-23-2015, 11:16 AM
Very curious to know more about Center's win. Gotta find some highlights/film from last night's win.

Aesculus gilmus
10-23-2015, 03:32 PM
They'll probably be on this page eventually. Only of the defense, though, apparently. I didn't see any offense.

From watching the Tatum game highlights, this is probably the quickest, fastest defense I've seen in a while. Not sure even Liberty-Eylau can compete with that.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/center-roughriders-(center,tx)/football/videos.htm