PDA

View Full Version : 4A-D1 Region 1 Playoff predictions (Slingshot requested)

clcannon17
10-19-2015, 11:22 PM
Do you have the playoff brackets with the district seeds in each slot? If so could you post it up?

Here is what our region could look like in the playoffs. I would like to note, I am not to educated on the bad teams of District 1 and District 2 and probably will be wrong on a couple of them.

Bi-District

District 1, First Place Levelland
District 2, Fourth Place Clint Mountain View

District 3, Third Place Snyder
District 4, Second Place Decatur

District 1, Fourth Place Lubbock Estacado
District 2, First Place Andrews

District 3, Second Place Brownwood
District 4, Third Place Mineral Wells

District 3, First Place Abilene Wylie
District 4, Fourth Place Gainesville

District 1, Third Place Borger
District 2, Second Place Clint

District 3, Fourth Place Stephenville
District 4, First Place Graham

District 1, Second Place Pampa
District 2, Third Place Fabens

Area

Levelland
Snyder

Andrews
Brownwood

Abilene Wylie
Borger

Graham
Pampa

Regionals

Snyder
Brownwood

Abilene Wylie
Graham

Quarter-Finals

Brownwood
Abilene Wylie

Thoughts???

slingshot
10-20-2015, 08:25 AM
Thank you. I would prob pick Decatur over Snyder, otherwise looks about right.

Hollyville
10-20-2015, 08:32 AM
Graham Region 1 Champs!

Sweetwater Red
10-20-2015, 08:35 AM
The final week matchup between Decatur and Graham should decide who plays Snyder and who plays Stephenville.
That's if Graham doesn't lose to Mineral Wells. The Steers are currently only a six point favorite vs. the Rams as of now.

clcannon17
10-20-2015, 10:25 AM
Thank you. I would prob pick Decatur over Snyder, otherwise looks about right.

I had a hard time picking that game, but Decatur's schedule really underwhelmed me.

clcannon17
10-20-2015, 10:27 AM
Graham Region 1 Champs!

So you admit Stephenville will not make it past round one? :taunt:

clcannon17
10-20-2015, 10:29 AM
The final week matchup between Decatur and Graham should decide who plays Snyder and who plays Stephenville.
That's if Graham doesn't lose to Mineral Wells. The Steers are currently only a six point favorite vs. the Rams as of now.

I still have a hard time seeing them get beat, but you never know with high school football I suppose.

91 lion
10-20-2015, 08:10 PM
I still have a hard time seeing them get beat, but you never know with high school football I suppose.

Snyder/Decatur will be interesting if it happens....so will Sville/Graham

And Graham has the toughest road as a potential 1 seed....
Sville
Pampa
A. Wylie
Brownwood

Whoa...

clcannon17
10-20-2015, 08:18 PM
Snyder/Decatur will be interesting if it happens....so will Sville/Graham

And Graham has the toughest road as a potential 1 seed....

Sville

Pampa

A. Wylie

Brownwood

Whoa...

Actually the Wylie loss may be a blessing in disguise, considering we will only play either AW or Graham and not both in the playoffs.

91 lion
10-20-2015, 08:40 PM
Actually the Wylie loss may be a blessing in disguise, considering we will only play either AW or Graham and not both in the playoffs.

True

clcannon17
10-20-2015, 09:28 PM
True

Looks to me like 2nd and 3rd are better than first this year.

Still I would've loved to beat Wylie.

slingshot
10-20-2015, 09:37 PM
Looks to me like 2nd and 3rd are better than first this year.

Still I would've loved to beat Wylie.I suspect you'll get your chance... on a neutral field with a Region 1 Championship on the line.

clcannon17
10-20-2015, 09:46 PM
I suspect you'll get your chance... on a neutral field with a Region 1 Championship on the line.

Looks like it.
Winner will have a hard task the next week though

slingshot
10-20-2015, 09:53 PM
Looks like it.
Winner will have a hard task the next week thoughI think either team will do better than you think... great DEFENSE and disciplined play can be a great equalizer deep in the playoffs. Usually comes down to who makes the fewest mistakes and executes their gameplan the best. Wylie or Brownwood can do that this year.

slingshot
10-20-2015, 09:55 PM
I always think back to what Tim Spradley (long time DC under Gary Profitt at Goldthwaite) said: "If they can't score, they can't win!".

clcannon17
10-20-2015, 10:05 PM
I think either team will do better than you think... great DEFENSE and disciplined play can be a great equalizer deep in the playoffs. Usually comes down to who makes the fewest mistakes and executes their gameplan the best. Wylie or Brownwood can do that this year.

I believe it can be done. But dethroning Argyle (or anyone who beats them) is the hard part. It will take solid execution on defense, and sustaining good drives on offense.

I always think back to what Tim Spradley (long time DC under Gary Profitt at Goldthwaite) said: "If they can't score, they can't win!".

It's so true, but if you rely on offense or defense and not both (especially offense), someone will beat you. That being said, I will always prefer an old fashioned slugfest, to a shootout. Feels like every play matters, rather than just the last five minutes of the game.

toddg
10-20-2015, 10:21 PM
As the 4a d1 and 5a d1 championships proved last year.. Short yardage execution is vital! Aledo added the power I for those situations and it paid off.. Argyle didn't have a plan for those situations and it cost them. may be those type of adjustments will make or break a team in this bracket. just my observation

clcannon17
10-20-2015, 10:35 PM
As the 4a d1 and 5a d1 championships proved last year.. Short yardage execution is vital! Aledo added the power I for those situations and it paid off.. Argyle didn't have a plan for those situations and it cost them. may be those type of adjustments will make or break a team in this bracket. just my observation

Very good point. It's going to be a challenge that's for sure.