PDA

View Full Version : Big Spring Steers @ Stephenville Yellow Jackets- Playoff spot on the line!

hollywood
10-19-2015, 12:57 PM
Here we go.. A position the Jackets and the Jacket community haven't been in quite some time. Both teams will be fighting for a spot in the playoffs.

Jackets at home by 7 in a shoot out!

clcannon17
10-19-2015, 01:56 PM
Here we go.. A position the Jackets and the Jacket community haven't been in quite some time. Both teams will be fighting for a spot in the playoffs.

Jackets at home by 7 in a shoot out!

Winner loses in bi-district, so it really doesn't matter.

toddg
10-19-2015, 03:29 PM
Jackets win, but it wont be a shootout..thinkin along the line of 28-10

slingshot
10-19-2015, 04:13 PM
Jackets in a squeaker--21-20...

hollywood
10-19-2015, 09:10 PM
Winner loses in bi-district, so it really doesn't matter.

Ah, so you're the new village idiot. Welcome to the board rookie.

How far do you think the Lions will go this season? It won't be to the state game, so I guess it doesn't really matter unless you win it all, huh?

clcannon17
10-19-2015, 09:28 PM
Ah, so you're the new village idiot. Welcome to the board rookie.

How far do you think the Lions will go this season? It won't be to the state game, so I guess it doesn't really matter unless you win it all, huh?

Lol, we'll win region of we can get past Wylie. But just like when y'all played Kilgore, region 2 will beat the winner of region 1 by 20ish. Also you have looked like the village idiot as of late.

clcannon17
10-19-2015, 09:29 PM
Lol, we'll win region of we can get past Wylie. But just like when y'all played Kilgore, region 2 will beat the winner of region 1 by 20ish. Also you have looked like the village idiot as of late.

If we can get past Wylie* not of

hollywood
10-19-2015, 09:32 PM

Jackets were 1-1 against Kilgore in the Semis, remember? In 2012, they blew through Kilgore. In 2013, our QB tried playing through a blown hamstring, no go. Lions should be able to make a run at it next year if a quality QB is in the wings. Is there?

clcannon17
10-19-2015, 09:37 PM
Jackets were 1-1 against Kilgore in the Semis, remember? In 2012, they blew through Kilgore. In 2013, our QB tried playing through a blown hamstring, no go. Lions should be able to make a run if a quality QB is in the wings. Is there?

Jackets were frankly not as good as Kilgore that year. I saw that game coming. Plus I was talking about the last one, there's no denying that the 2012 squad was good.

And as far as the Lions, Grant is a great QB, but he doesn't have the same talent as the Argyle or Navasota QBs. That being said he can put up points against most defenses.

91 lion
10-19-2015, 09:38 PM
Jackets were frankly not as good as Kilgore that year. I saw that game coming. Plus I was talking about the last one, there's no denying that the 2012 squad was good.

And as far as the Lions, Grant is a great QB, but he doesn't have the same talent as the Argyle or Navasota QBs. That being said he can put up points against most defenses.

He means for next year....that's the way i read it...and yes, we have a QB that they are very high on.

hollywood
10-19-2015, 09:43 PM

The 2012 game, Kilgore was outmatched. The 2013, they caught Stephenville with a gimpy QB on a cold and windy day. Lewis is a good athlete and plays a good QB. Can't ask for more this season. Good enough to get past some really good defenses, no. The offense is too inconsistent and no where close to 2010's offense. As far as region 1 goes, I see the Lions making it to the regional finals. Which is a good accomplishment, especially as of late.

THE BEAST
10-19-2015, 09:52 PM
The 2012 game, Kilgore was outmatched. The 2013, they caught Stephenville with a gimpy QB on a cold and windy day. Lewis is a good athlete and plays a good QB. Can't ask for more this season. Good enough to get past some really good defenses, no. The offense is too inconsistent and no where close to 2010's offense. As far as region 1 goes, I see the Lions making it to the regional finals. Which is a good accomplishment, especially as of late.

Anytime you play a 14 game season its a fantastic season.

BEAST

clcannon17
10-19-2015, 09:56 PM

I disagree on the Kilgore game.
As for our offense, their young, and our play calling could use some work too. Could they win state, as they are right now? Sure, I guess, but it would take a mountain of improvement. We have the ability though. I still have Navasota to win it all though.

hollywood
10-19-2015, 10:04 PM
I disagree on the Kilgore game.
As for our offense, their young, and our play calling could use some work too. Could they win state, as they are right now? Sure, I guess, but it would take a mountain of improvement. We have the ability though. I still have Navasota to win it all though.

Each has their own opinion. That's fine. As far as ability, a lot of teams have the ability. Athletic talent is all over the state, especially in the Eastern part of the state.. It's out the wazoo out there. Mainly due to the dense population compared to the western part of the state. Get kids beleiving in a good program and all on the same page?.... Abundent amounts of success.

THE BEAST
10-19-2015, 10:08 PM
Each has their own opinion. That's fine. As far as ability, a lot of teams have the ability. Athletic talent is all over the state, especially in the Eastern part of the state.. It's out the wazoo out there. Mainly due to the dense population compared to the western part of the state. Get kids beleiving in a good program and all on the same page?.... Abundent amounts of success.

True statement!

BEAST

clcannon17
10-19-2015, 11:37 PM

Agreed, the only thing I worry about with this lions team is coaching. Not that Howard is a bad HC, but he is relatively inexperienced.

caleb_mccaig
10-20-2015, 12:49 PM
:D

Go Jackets!

lostaussie
10-20-2015, 01:39 PM

Kinda like when y'all played Carthage:thumbsup:

lostaussie
10-20-2015, 01:41 PM
Anytime you play a 14 game season its a fantastic season.

BEAST

It's 16 or bust here in Buckeyeland:D

toddg
10-20-2015, 02:51 PM
It's 16 or bust here in Buckeyeland:Dbut, of course!:thumbsup:

lostaussie
10-20-2015, 03:07 PM
but, of course!:thumbsup:

Since 2003 when Jeff Traylor boldly told the local newspaper that we where going to win a State Championship that's been the thought process. We didn't get it done that year but we got our first the next year. Those goals haven't changed since. It's instilled in the mindset of our kids............and now into our fans.

toddg
10-20-2015, 03:17 PM
Since 2003 when Jeff Traylor boldly told the local newspaper that we where going to win a State Championship that's been the thought process. We didn't get it done that year but we got our first the next year. Those goals haven't changed since. It's instilled in the mindset of our kids............and now into our fans.
i like it!!

lostaussie
10-20-2015, 03:18 PM
Back on topic, nothing against Big Spring, but could the Yellarjackets of Stephenville please show up. I picked y'all and I got some catching up to do.

91 lion
10-20-2015, 03:28 PM
Agreed, the only thing I worry about with this lions team is coaching. Not that Howard is a bad HC, but he is relatively inexperienced.

I think we have a gem in Howard.

d0tc0m
10-20-2015, 03:50 PM

That was a dang good Atlanta team you guys ran into, though, in all fairness.

As far as this game goes. I picked Stephenville. I think the Jackets get it done and just barely squeak into the postseason.

clcannon17
10-20-2015, 06:14 PM
I think we have a gem in Howard.

We might. But he has alot of learning to do.

clcannon17
10-20-2015, 06:16 PM
Kinda like when y'all played Carthage:thumbsup:

That game was close. The Ville /Kilgore 2013 game wasn't.

hollywood
10-20-2015, 06:50 PM
That game was close. The Ville /Kilgore 2013 game wasn't.

With a healthy Jacket team, it sure would have been. Kilgore got lucky in 2013 and caugh Sville in a injured state. I was speaking of the 2012 match that Sville was the superior team. Not 2013... A healthy Sville in 2013 would have given Kilgore all they wanted.

clcannon17
10-20-2015, 08:21 PM
With a healthy Jacket team, it sure would have been. Kilgore got lucky in 2013 and caugh Sville in a injured state. I was speaking of the 2012 match that Sville was the superior team. Not 2013... A healthy Sville in 2013 would have given Kilgore all they wanted.

And I was talking about the '13 team

The '12 team was obviously superior

THE BEAST
10-20-2015, 10:43 PM

Really?? Do you know his resume?

BEAST

THE BEAST
10-20-2015, 10:45 PM
We might. But he has alot of learning to do.

Bud where have you coached?

BEAST

clcannon17
10-20-2015, 11:28 PM

BEAST

I'm definitely not coaching material, and I'm not saying Howard is a horrible coach. All I am suggesting is that if this team is to win state, he has some improving to do. He's relatively new to the Head Coaching job. I respect what he has done, and what he will continue to do, but his play calling does become flat and predictable sometimes.

91 lion
10-21-2015, 07:39 AM
I'm definitely not coaching material, and I'm not saying Howard is a horrible coach. All I am suggesting is that if this team is to win state, he has some improving to do. He's relatively new to the Head Coaching job. I respect what he has done, and what he will continue to do, but his play calling does become flat and predictable sometimes.

-2 losses by 7 total points to very good teams...while playing a rough schedule
- hovering around the top 10 all year with a team that everyone knows is a year or 2 away
- getting the most out of players (even the QB goes both ways)
- improved defense....very improved defense
- hasn't been out of one game this year, not even for one snap
- this team mirrors Shipley's 09' team most every way you can imagine (scheme is obviously different though)
- only 15 seniors
- plenty of talent coming up in the pipeline....the program is very very healthy.

Yeah, I'll take it.....Parcells isn't walking through that door, and frankly, we don't need him to. Howard is on track and what we need.

slingshot
10-21-2015, 08:26 AM
Back to Big Spring @ Stephenville... I have a funniy feeling 'Spring may give 'Ville all they can handle and might just sneak up and win. Graham barely edged out 'Spring by 3 and both teams spotted Schneider big leads and came roaring back only to come up short in the end. Suspect this one will be MUCH closer than some are thinking...

nobogey72
10-21-2015, 09:36 AM

Seriously ???? Wow!!!! If I could pick another head coach for Wylie besides H Sandifer it would be Chuck Howard. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but ..... I better stop before I say something ugly.:thmbdwn:

hollywood
10-21-2015, 09:54 AM

BEAST

- hovering around the top 10 all year with a team that everyone knows is a year or 2 away
- this team mirrors Shipley's 09' team most every way you can imagine (scheme is obviously different though)
- only 15 seniors
- plenty of talent coming up in the pipeline....the program is very very healthy.

Yeah, I'll take it.....Parcells isn't walking through that door, and frankly, we don't need him to. Howard is on track and what we need.

ALERT ALERT

:hijacktd:

hollywood
10-21-2015, 09:56 AM
Back to Big Spring @ Stephenville... I have a funniy feeling 'Spring may give 'Ville all they can handle and might just sneak up and win. Graham barely edged out 'Spring by 3 and both teams spotted Schneider big leads and came roaring back only to come up short in the end. Suspect this one will be MUCH closer than some are thinking...

It just all depends on the start. This team hasn't had a good start all season. Get off to a good start and I think Big Spring will have trouble stopping this team. Jackets spot Big Spring 7-14... Will be a nail biter.

BwdLion73
10-21-2015, 10:31 AM
Big Spring does less with More than anyone I've seen. Getting close to implosion time for the Steers.

slingshot
10-21-2015, 11:59 AM
Big Spring does less with More than anyone I've seen...Hey! You stole my line! Been saying that about Big Spring for decades...

clcannon17
10-21-2015, 01:04 PM
- only 15 seniors

Yeah, I'll take it too,the amount of improvement he has had compared to two years, has been great, I'm only suggesting improvement.

clcannon17
10-21-2015, 01:11 PM
Seriously ???? Wow!!!! If I could pick another head coach for Wylie besides H Sandifer it would be Chuck Howard. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but ..... I better stop before I say something ugly.:thmbdwn:

Perhaps, I could have worded this better. I meant no disrespect to Howard. I like him as a coach and what he has done to bring this program back to relevance. I'm just saying I don't know if he is to the point that he can lead us to a state title. Sorry if I offended you or anyone else.

BwdLion73
10-21-2015, 01:24 PM
Hey! You stole my line! Been saying that about Big Spring for decades...

Like slingshot says..."Big Spring does less with more than anyone I've seen".

;)

hollywood
10-21-2015, 01:25 PM
VILLE 42
B Spring 28

toddg
10-21-2015, 01:29 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/21/5adc8524fba264b2904c52793e258a73.jpg
Jackets 37 Steers 17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clcannon17
10-21-2015, 01:30 PM
Big Spring does less with More than anyone I've seen. Getting close to implosion time for the Steers.

Yeah he totally said it.:1popcorn:

hollywood
10-21-2015, 01:31 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/21/5adc8524fba264b2904c52793e258a73.jpg
Jackets 37 Steers 17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TG in da house!

:spitlol:

caleb_mccaig
10-21-2015, 07:54 PM
Haven't heard anything official, but I've heard rumblings of the game possibly being moved to a different day.

Anyone else?

clcannon17
10-21-2015, 08:56 PM
Haven't heard anything official, but I've heard rumblings of the game possibly being moved to a different day.

Anyone else?

Not to my knowledge.

toddg
10-21-2015, 11:21 PM

Anyone else?
It's ok to play football in the rain!! LoL!!
btw, great work at the Empire..looks like you are pretty darn busy!!

caleb_mccaig
10-22-2015, 09:40 AM
It's ok to play football in the rain!! LoL!!
btw, great work at the Empire..looks like you are pretty darn busy!!

Lol thanks, and yeah it's much more than I could have imagined.

Yeah, I wouldn't think they'd make that decision without doing everything in their power to play Friday night. Probably just noise I'm hearing.