PDA

View Full Version : Pigskin prep's 4A DII week 9 rankings (top 25)

Sweetwater Red
10-19-2015, 11:46 AM
1 4A - 3 Celina (7-0) 179.23
2 4A - 13 Geronimo Navarro (7-0) 178.59
3 4A - 9 West Orange-Stark (7-1) 175.10
4 4A - 5 Gilmer (7-0) 170.71
5 4A - 2 Sweetwater (7-0) 169.91
6 4A - 15 Sinton (7-0) 168.55
7 4A - 16 Orange Grove (6-0) 168.08
8 4A - 12 Bellville (6-2) 162.67
9 4A - 11 Giddings (7-0) 162.48
10 4A - 10 La Marque (6-2) 161.54
11 4A - 6 Atlanta (4-3)
12 4A - 12 Wharton (5-3)
13 4A - 6 Gladewater (2-5)
14 4A - 11 Caldwell (5-3)
15 4A - 7 Mexia (5-2)
16 4A - 11 La Grange (6-2)
17 4A - 14 Devine (6-1)
18 4A - 7 Fairfield (5-2)
19 4A - 6 Center (6-1)
20 4A - 2 Monahans (4-3)
21 4A - 6 Texarkana Pleasant Grove (5-2)
22 4A - 5 Bullard (5-2)
23 4A - 15 Yoakum (3-5)
24 4A - 10 Houston Worthing (6-2)
25 4A - 9 Orangefield (4-4)

WOS87
10-19-2015, 01:57 PM
Top 16
Region I 2 teams
Region II 4 teams
Region III 7 teams
Region IV 3 teams

So looks like they are picking Bellville by a squeaker over Giddings to face WOS in the Quarters. Why does region 3 always have to be such a hot mess? Seems like it's always one of the toughest brackets every year since we dropped down in 2004.

lostaussie
10-19-2015, 03:26 PM
So does this say Celina would be a 9 pt favorite over Gilmer? Just trying to figure out how it works.

Leopardfan202
10-19-2015, 03:39 PM
These r just prediction's.. The real season starts in a month...everyone will be 0/0

d0tc0m
10-19-2015, 04:17 PM
So does this say Celina would be a 9 pt favorite over Gilmer? Just trying to figure out how it works.

Maybe a computer would favor the Bobcats by nine points. The reality, however, is there's no way Celina would be a favorite in that semifinal matchup, if it happens again.

d0tc0m
10-19-2015, 04:18 PM

Maybe a computer would favor the Bobcats by nine points. The reality, however, is there's no way Celina would be a favorite in that semifinal matchup, if it happens again.

That said, does anyone know the answer to Aussie's question? I'd also be curious to know a bit more about how this works.

lostaussie
10-19-2015, 04:19 PM
I don't know........y'all vanquished the Mighty Argyle Eagles in very eye popping fashion.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

d0tc0m
10-19-2015, 04:24 PM
I don't know........y'all vanquished the Mighty Argyle Eagles in very eye popping fashion.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That we did. And like I've said several times since then, Celina will draw on that win if the Bobcats are able to get back into the semifinals and rematch with the Beasts from the East. There's a lot of football between now and then, though, and I don't foresee either the Bobcats or Buckeyes regressing at all.

WOS87
10-19-2015, 04:29 PM
Having followed Jerry's rankings for over 10 years and having done my own in the past (it's extremely time-consuming) I do believe it IS what the hypothetical point spread would be if you compare the numbers head-to-head although he does take into account home field advantage on his weekly picks and there is almost always a winning margin cutoff or a decreasing returns system built in where winning by 35 or winning by 70 points doesn't really make that much of a difference.

d0tc0m
10-19-2015, 04:33 PM
Thanks, WOS87. That makes sense.

orange machine
10-19-2015, 06:12 PM
No clue if Celina can beat Gilmer, but this is by far the best Celina team I've seen since at least 2007. Celina has got some big, big dudes and have tremendous speed. If Gilmer and Celina are fortunate enough to play this year it won't be a blowout.

lostaussie
10-19-2015, 07:53 PM
No clue if Celina can beat Gilmer, but this is by far the best Celina team I've seen since at least 2007. Celina has got some big, big dudes and have tremendous speed. If Gilmer and Celina are fortunate enough to play this year it won't be a blowout.

I just hope we can make it. We are good.......last year we were great. I still don't know who in RII can beat us.......but I'm certainly not going to say it can't be done.

d0tc0m
10-19-2015, 08:31 PM

That's exactly right, OM, and that's what I had been trying to tell people before the season started. This team would beat last year's team by two or more scores. Tons of speed on both sides of the ball. Great offensive line, a young quarterback who has been excellent and is only getting better, receivers who run great routes, catch the ball in traffic and block downfield, and a running game with so many weapons it's unfair. Lots of depth on this team, and lots of young guys getting a lot of snaps. And, like has been said in other threads, when Alexander comes back at RB, the offense is going to get even more dangerous.

That said, Gilmer is Gilmer, and while they may not have the once-in-a-generation All-American team from a year ago, they still have plenty of athletes and speed, with discipline and coaching and a winning pedigree to boot. But if the rematch happens, this will be the best Celina team that will have gone up against Gilmer by far. If the Bobcats get past Sweetwater again in the Region I title game, then I think we'll see the rematch. I just don't know that anyone in Region II has enough to knock off the Buckeyes.

movethechain
10-19-2015, 08:43 PM
Is it too early for Celina to start thinkin about putting Daingerfield back on their schedule? :stirpot:

d0tc0m
10-19-2015, 08:52 PM
Is it too early for Celina to start thinkin about putting Daingerfield back on their schedule? :stirpot:

I wish they would. I wish they'd put the Tigers, or the Buckeyes or some other team from the East in the regular-season schedule mix. Celina needs to make a habit of seeing and adapting to speed and wizardry that always seems to come out of that area.

orange machine
10-19-2015, 09:15 PM

Heck with DF put Henderson on the schedule. DF was loaded with so much talent in 08 and 09 those were amazing teams.

d0tc0m
10-19-2015, 09:20 PM
Heck with DF put Henderson on the schedule. DF was loaded with so much talent in 08 and 09 those were amazing teams.

And we still should've won those games! And we should've beat the Tigers in 2002, and the streak should've lived on, and we should've won our fifth title in a row. But, I digress ...

marler1972
10-21-2015, 12:57 PM
That's exactly right, OM, and that's what I had been trying to tell people before the season started. This team would beat last year's team by two or more scores. Tons of speed on both sides of the ball. Great offensive line, a young quarterback who has been excellent and is only getting better, receivers who run great routes, catch the ball in traffic and block downfield, and a running game with so many weapons it's unfair. Lots of depth on this team, and lots of young guys getting a lot of snaps. And, like has been said in other threads, when Alexander comes back at RB, the offense is going to get even more dangerous.

That said, Gilmer is Gilmer, and while they may not have the once-in-a-generation All-American team from a year ago, they still have plenty of athletes and speed, with discipline and coaching and a winning pedigree to boot. But if the rematch happens, this will be the best Celina team that will have gone up against Gilmer by far. If the Bobcats get past Sweetwater again in the Region I title game, then I think we'll see the rematch. I just don't know that anyone in Region II has enough to knock off the Buckeyes.

lol:redxpoke:

lostaussie
10-21-2015, 01:25 PM
lol:redxpoke:

What is the meaning of this? Just curious if you think this years Bobcats would roll last years Bobcats. I know you had a son on that team. Would like to hear an honest comparison. Cause I can say it with a straight face.......we are no where as good as last year.

bobcat1
10-21-2015, 01:44 PM
Cause I can say it with a straight face.......we are no where as good as last year.
LIes Lies and More Lies..... but what should I expect from a fisherman.

lostaussie
10-21-2015, 02:06 PM
LIes Lies and More Lies..... but what should I expect from a fisherman.

Always somebody lurking in the shadows trying to keep an eye on me!!!

d0tc0m
10-21-2015, 02:59 PM
What is the meaning of this? Just curious if you think this years Bobcats would roll last years Bobcats. I know you had a son on that team. Would like to hear an honest comparison. Cause I can say it with a straight face.......we are no where as good as last year.

I know if his son was on this team, the offense would be just that much better. He was a dang good receiver. This year's corps of receivers probably learned a ton from Marler.

orange machine
10-21-2015, 09:01 PM
Let me put my spin on this if I may lol. In my humble honest opinion I think this Celina team is better than last years from what I saw Friday night against Bridgeport. In saying that Celina's offense struggled with the qb throwing 2 interceptions and fumbling the ball. From what ive been told those are the first turnovers he has had all year. He still had a good game passing for around 250 yards and rushing for around 150 yards. There were times the qb seriously had over 6 seconds to throw the ball so the oline seems a lot better. Defensively there is no doubt they are faster and more aggressive. Last years team was good and had a great run, but this team seems to have that wow type factor.

lostaussie
10-21-2015, 09:03 PM
Let me put my spin on this if I may lol. In my humble honest opinion I think this Celina team is better than last years from what I saw Friday night against Bridgeport. In saying that Celina's offense struggled with the qb throwing 2 interceptions and fumbling the ball. From what ive been told those are the first turnovers he has had all year. He still had a good game passing for around 250 yards and rushing for around 150 yards. There were times the qb seriously had over 6 seconds to throw the ball so the oline seems a lot better. Defensively there is no doubt they are faster and more aggressive. Last years team was good and had a great run, but this team seems to have that wow type factor.

So maybe y'all can give us a game this year sounds like:D

SaltySixes
10-21-2015, 09:07 PM
I hope that Navarro doesnt drop because of the bye week. Not sure how the system works though?

orange machine
10-22-2015, 12:23 AM
So maybe y'all can give us a game this year sounds like:D

A lot has to happen before that meeting.

lostaussie
10-22-2015, 07:50 AM
I hope that Navarro doesnt drop because of the bye week. Not sure how the system works though?

Man I hope so too. A drop in the rankings could mean disaster for the rest of the season!!

marler1972
10-22-2015, 07:59 AM
There is no doubt in my mind that the D is better, the O line is very good (great kids and coaching from the oline coach). The QB play well look at the stats and that speaks for itself. Wr's are playing great along with a great Wr coach.
My biggest concern with this years team is depth at the skill positions on the offensive side of the ball. Once you get past the number 1 group it gets pretty thin. The backup RB's are young but holding their own. Once Jarren comes back it will help the qb play even more because he is well a beast and it is a shame he got hit with the injury because he was on pace to have a great year. With that being said I think Celina has a very good chance at making it to the big game. They just need to stay injury free as do most teams. Lets face it there is not another team that is even close to the Gilmer team of last year honestly I dont think WOS is as strong as last year. We shall see still a few games left in district which is like watching the grass grow, then the real season starts The Playoffs. The great thing is I have two more kids (Freshman and a 3rd grader) well at least one more that is going to go thru the program the only reason the youngest might not is because Celina in fixin to explode growth growth growth. Go Bobcats!!!!!!

d0tc0m
10-22-2015, 08:16 AM
There is no doubt in my mind that the D is better, the O line is very good (great kids and coaching from the oline coach). The QB play well look at the stats and that speaks for itself. Wr's are playing great along with a great Wr coach.
My biggest concern with this years team is depth at the skill positions on the offensive side of the ball. Once you get past the number 1 group it gets pretty thin. The backup RB's are young but holding their own. Once Jarren comes back it will help the qb play even more because he is well a beast and it is a shame he got hit with the injury because he was on pace to have a great year. With that being said I think Celina has a very good chance at making it to the big game. They just need to stay injury free as do most teams. Lets face it there is not another team that is even close to the Gilmer team of last year honestly I dont think WOS is as strong as last year. We shall see still a few games left in district which is like watching the grass grow, then the real season starts The Playoffs. Go Bobcats!!!!!!

Pretty good assessment, Marler. The only thing I would add is that depth has actually been a surprising strength for these Bobcats. Not a single player goes both ways full time. There are a few special packages on offense and a few defensive guys are part of those. But other than that, both sides of the ball stay fresh for all four quarters. Going to be interesting to see how things unfold in the postseason.

marler1972
10-22-2015, 08:26 AM
Pretty good assessment, Marler. The only thing I would add is that depth has actually been a surprising strength for these Bobcats. Not a single player goes both ways full time. There are a few special packages on offense and a few defensive guys are part of those. But other than that, both sides of the ball stay fresh for all four quarters. Going to be interesting to see how things unfold in the postseason.

When I am talking about depth I am talking about behind the 1's. I think only a couple kids have played on both sides of the ball. It was about the same last year you did not see many play both sides of the ball, gerths, marler, young are the only ones that come to mind that played on both side of the ball at times.

lostaussie
10-22-2015, 09:14 AM
My biggest concern with this years team is depth at the skill positions on the offensive side of the ball. Once you get past the number 1 group it gets pretty thin. The backup RB's are young but holding their own. Once Jarren comes back it will help the qb play even more because he is well a beast and it is a shame he got hit with the injury because he was on pace to have a great year. With that being said I think Celina has a very good chance at making it to the big game. They just need to stay injury free as do most teams. Lets face it there is not another team that is even close to the Gilmer team of last year honestly I dont think WOS is as strong as last year. We shall see still a few games left in district which is like watching the grass grow, then the real season starts The Playoffs. The great thing is I have two more kids (Freshman and a 3rd grader) well at least one more that is going to go thru the program the only reason the youngest might not is because Celina in fixin to explode growth growth growth. Go Bobcats!!!!!!

That's a very fair assessment and that's what I was looking for. I believe you guys are better and I believe we are not as good.......but still improving. We have leaned on the defense a lot but the offense seems to be catching up. Lots of ball to be played between now and then and there is ALWAYS a surprise or two. Gonna be fun leading up to it though if it happens. Good luck to y'all.

SaltySixes
10-22-2015, 09:48 AM
Man I hope so too. A drop in the rankings could mean disaster for the rest of the season!!

Haha sarcasm noted.