PDA

View Full Version : Cuero Gobblers at Sinton Pirates

SintonFan_inAustin
10-17-2015, 06:48 PM
Cuero comes in 3-4 and 1-0 in district
Sinton comes in 7-0 and 2-0 in district

Sinton has won the last 2 recent meetings.

Sinton looking to keep a district title alive for the 8th straight season with 2 remaining district games.

Cuero 0-3 on the road this season.
Sinton 4-0 at home this season.

PurplePop
10-17-2015, 07:49 PM
Cuero comes in 3-4 and 1-0 in district
Sinton comes in 7-0 and 2-0 in district

Sinton has won the last 2 recent meetings.

Sinton looking to keep a district title alive for the 8th straight season with 2 remaining district games.

Cuero 0-3 on the road this season.
Sinton 4-0 at home this season.

From what I could tell, almost everything that could go wrong went wrong for Sinton against Yoakum (was it 5 TO's?) and they won anyway. Sinton will eliminate the mistakes and, as long as Owens is back healthy, should win by at least 3 TD's at home in this one. Cuero doesn't have enough on O to keep it close unless they plucked a ringer off JV like apparently Bellville did last night.

GobblersUnite
10-17-2015, 08:17 PM
Well let's hope he's back because I'm sure with him on the lineup there wouldn't have been any turnovers even with a QB that carries a 200 rating! Haven't laughed out loud in a few hours and that made my evening lol

bag-o-chips
10-17-2015, 08:24 PM
You know I hardly ever pick games but I did pick LV over Rockport when not many gave them a chance. Gonna lean on the mean green Gobblers. I think they will have a good shot at this game!

SintonFan_inAustin
Well let's hope he's back because I'm sure with him on the lineup there wouldn't have been any turnovers even with a QB that carries a 200 rating! Haven't laughed out loud in a few hours and that made my evening lol
Kid was able to accomplish that feat the past two games before Yoakum game, don't see anything funny on him being able to be at a passer rating in those two games combined. Its a stat accomplishment but sure he'll prefer just leading his team to a win.

PurplePop
To clarify, regardless of whether Owens is back, Sinton will eliminate the mistakes. Without the 5 TO's, last night's game wouldn't have been close. If Owens is back, Sinton by 3+ TD's. If not, Sinton by 7. Cuero won't let Cohea run wild like Yoakum did.

GobblersUnite
10-17-2015, 08:51 PM
What was funny is the remark that post 1 player makes a 21 point swing and without 5 turnovers....I guess if there are no turnovers by either team and Owens plays, we lose 21-0! Believe me injuries do occur and sometimes in waves...anything can happen in a high school football game. I figured Sinton should have won by 20 on paper, but that's why they play. Congrats to both teams last Friday...they both played hard

sinfan75
10-17-2015, 09:11 PM
This game will be just like the Yoakum game was for Sinton. Very close hard hitting game with the Pirates coming on top by 7 maybe 14 points. Definitely ain't gonna be no blowout for sure.

bluecat
10-17-2015, 09:27 PM
This game will be just like the Yoakum game was for Sinton. Very close hard hitting game with the Pirates coming on top by 7 maybe 14 points. Definitely ain't gonna be no blowout for sure.

It would be a bad mistake to under rate Cuero at this stage of the season. Just maybe Sinton had those T/O"s because some hard hitting was going on in the game? Cuero"s got some young talented players that are getting better each game.
Cuero did beat Yoakum but it was a good solid game and Both teams represented the district very well. Sintons a damned good team but never let your guard down, because a good solid young team just might have their best game and be a spoiler for those who overlook them.

PurplePop
10-17-2015, 10:50 PM
What was funny is the remark that post 1 player makes a 21 point swing and without 5 turnovers....I guess if there are no turnovers by either team and Owens plays, we lose 21-0! Believe me injuries do occur and sometimes in waves...anything can happen in a high school football game. I figured Sinton should have won by 20 on paper, but that's why they play. Congrats to both teams last Friday...they both played hard
We're all on here just giving opinions and predictions. That's all. Happy to keep you entertained.

pirate4state
10-18-2015, 11:00 AM
It would be a bad mistake to under rate Cuero at this stage of the season. Just maybe Sinton had those T/O"s because some hard hitting was going on in the game? Cuero"s got some young talented players that are getting better each game.
Cuero did beat Yoakum but it was a good solid game and Both teams represented the district very well. Sintons a damned good team but never let your guard down, because a good solid young team just might have their best game and be a spoiler for those who overlook them.

No one from Sinton is underestimating Cuero, least of all our players! It will be the last game at home for these seniors and they won't go down without a fight! Sinton in another intense, close game!

iFootball
10-18-2015, 04:03 PM
If I remember correctly a very good, solid Sinton team went into Cuero and gave the Gobblers more than they could handle last year. For the exception of D Hopkins doing his best to help Cuero win, the rest of the Gobblers were playing with their Pom Poms and cheerleading shirts like the week before at the powderpuff game. I'm sure Sinton will be ready to play this week and eliminate the mistakes from last week's game but will Cuero show up to play football like they did against Yoakum or will they be cheering on the sidelines?

SintonFan_inAustin
10-18-2015, 08:35 PM
No one from Sinton is underestimating Cuero, least of all our players! It will be the last game at home for these seniors and they won't go down without a fight! Sinton in another intense, close game!Was #84 out with an injury last game? Didn't recall seeing him out there on defensive line.

Footballfan2000
10-19-2015, 08:34 AM
#84 was on the sideline dressed just didn't play. Don't know why

Blue42
10-19-2015, 03:59 PM
The older Patton kid will be back he has been out for 5 or 6 weeks he is a monster on the line will see some work out of him for sure. He has been injured all season just played the first 2 games I think and was not 100% in them. Looking forward to see him.
Go Mean Green !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leopardfan202
10-19-2015, 04:13 PM
Sinton by 12

44INAROW
10-19-2015, 04:18 PM
The older Patton kid will be back he has been out for 5 or 6 weeks he is a monster on the line will see some work out of him for sure. He has been injured all season just played the first 2 games I think and was not 100% in them. Looking forward to see him.
Go Mean Green !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that sounds great - Sinton will be a tough game... but we're not going to roll over.. you never know what's going to happen in this crazy district :)
GO MEAN GREEN :)

ValleyCat
10-19-2015, 09:30 PM
that sounds great - Sinton will be a tough game... but we're not going to roll over.. you never know what's going to happen in this crazy district :)
GO MEAN GREEN :)

Sinton had a little eye opener last week. They'll get back on track this week, IMO.

Sinton -38
Cuero-24

SintonFan_inAustin
10-19-2015, 10:34 PM
looks like thunderstorms on Friday, get the rain gear ready.

Leopardfan202
10-19-2015, 10:42 PM
Yoakum was a good team..they even played my Leps tough..

Epicpirates
10-20-2015, 07:07 AM
To clarify, regardless of whether Owens is back, Sinton will eliminate the mistakes. Without the 5 TO's, last night's game wouldn't have been close. If Owens is back, Sinton by 3+ TD's. If not, Sinton by 7. Cuero won't let Cohea run wild like Yoakum did.

Good luck accomplishing what no one else has been able to do!

GobblersUnite
10-20-2015, 03:02 PM
I hope all that rain doesn't bring other things I won't mention (don't wanna jinx it) that could push the back until Saturday ⛵️

sinfan75
10-20-2015, 06:59 PM
Hopefully the Rains will stop by game time

pirate4state
10-21-2015, 02:21 PM
Once again no one talking about the game LOL

Owens will be back on the field. I will be happy with a 1 pt win and no injuries heading to our bye week!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-21-2015, 09:34 PM
Once again no one talking about the game LOL

Owens will be back on the field. I will be happy with a 1 pt win and no injuries heading to our bye week!Knox hasn't been use at rb much this season, but i'm pretty sure they'll break out the big backs lineup in one of these games and just pound the ball for a bit.

pirate4state
10-22-2015, 01:07 PM
Knox hasn't been use at rb much this season, but i'm pretty sure they'll break out the big backs lineup in one of these games and just pound the ball for a bit.

:sleeping: :sleeping:

I really need for this rain to take a break between 7-10p tomorrow -- not that it's rained a bunch YET

44INAROW
10-22-2015, 02:04 PM

I really need for this rain to take a break between 7-10p tomorrow -- not that it's rained a bunch YET

it sprinkled here at lunch (Thursday) but other than that, it's been dry... windy as all get out but not raining... (yet)

pirate4state
10-22-2015, 03:11 PM
it sprinkled here at lunch (Thursday) but other than that, it's been dry... windy as all get out but not raining... (yet)

Are you coming to Sinton tomorrow?

44INAROW
10-22-2015, 07:37 PM
Nope, we've got "mother in law" duty😳. Evidently, her other son and daughter are extremely busy.... ALL THE TIME. But I'm not bitter 😁. I will be following online and will text you . Just hope the weather cooperates. I think 2005 was the year Cuero/Sinton game was cancelled due to Hurricane Rita?? Much earlier in the season though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Old Green
10-22-2015, 08:41 PM
Under classmen Scores

Cuero Fr. "A" team 30
Sinton 22

Cuero JV 20
Sinton JV 6

MUSTANG69
10-23-2015, 08:06 AM

It is running hard right now but the Weather Channel is predicting that it will clear off and there will not be a significant chance of rain until about 11:00 PM tonight. Let's hope they are right for once.

pirate4state
10-23-2015, 10:07 AM
It is running hard right now but the Weather Channel is predicting that it will clear off and there will not be a significant chance of rain until about 11:00 PM tonight. Let's hope they are right for once.

One thing I know is we will all be sweating like a whore in church! 81 degrees at 10 a.m. smh!

GO PIRATES!!!

44INAROW
10-23-2015, 11:03 AM
One thing I know is we will all be sweating like a whore in church! 81 degrees at 10 a.m. smh!

GO PIRATES!!!

I hear you - PeeWee and Alex (Freshman granddaughter) plan on going... weather permitting :) this humidity is horrible :speech:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-23-2015, 07:47 PM
Sinton stops Cuero on their first drive and Sinton scores on Colten Cohea qb keeper td run
Sinton 6 Cuero 0 7:36 1st qtr

SintonFan_inAustin
10-23-2015, 07:58 PM
Cuero eating up clock at Sinton 13

Sinton ran 1 play in 1st qtr
Sinton 6 Cuero 0 end of 1qtr

SintonFan_inAustin
10-23-2015, 08:03 PM
Sinton 6 Cuero 3 10:14 2nd qtr

Old Green
10-23-2015, 08:04 PM
Cuero losses another Qb. Down to there 3rd string Qb.

2nd qtr

Sinton 6
Cuero 3

SintonFan
10-23-2015, 08:09 PM
Cuero losses another Qb. Down to there 3rd string Qb.

2nd qtr

Sinton 6
Cuero 3
Dang, I hope the kid's OK. He couldn't put any weight on that leg. :(

Old Green
10-23-2015, 08:13 PM
Dang, I hope the kid's OK. He couldn't put any weight on that leg. :(Me too ! our story all year injuries.

SintonFan
10-23-2015, 08:13 PM
Yall's 3rd string QB just hurdled over one of our best tacklers. He's a head taller than anyone else one the field! 😮

Gobbler Fan
10-23-2015, 08:21 PM
How about those Cuero Freshman playing Varsity. Going to be fun watching them grow up

SintonFan_inAustin
10-23-2015, 08:22 PM
Cuero punt return for a td

Cuero 10 Sinton 6 0:54 2nd qtr

Cuero defense force back to back 3 plays and punt for Sinton

SintonFan_inAustin
10-23-2015, 08:24 PM
Cuero 10 Sinton 6 Half

Cuero might of just found their starting qb.

SintonFan
10-23-2015, 08:27 PM
I'm heading to our meet and greet spot if any y'all wanna meet. Go to the road along Pirate Blvd, past the ticket booth. I'll be wearing my Pirate shirt with blue shorts.

SintonFan
10-23-2015, 08:31 PM
Gotta follow the black fence all the way to the road

SintonFan_inAustin
10-23-2015, 09:21 PM
Cuero 10 Sinton 6 4th qtr

Gobblers driving at Sinton 24 yd line

SintonFan_inAustin
10-23-2015, 09:39 PM
1:48 4th
Sinton ball at their own 24

Cuero 10 Sinton 6

1:02 left
4th down for Sinton

SintonFan_inAustin
10-23-2015, 09:44 PM
Colten td pass with 15 secs left

Sinton 14 Cuero 10

Old Green
10-23-2015, 09:46 PM
Sinton 14

Cuero 10

14 seconds left

SintonFan_inAustin
10-23-2015, 09:49 PM
Sinton short kick and recovers but off sides

Rekick

Cuero at Sinton 47 with 1 sec

Gobbler Fan
10-23-2015, 09:51 PM
Hometown call on that missed intentional grounding by Sinton. Hope to see you guys again in the playoffs because the team that outplayed the other up and down the field tonight lost the game.

Old Green
10-23-2015, 09:51 PM
Final

Sinton 14

Cuero 10

WOS87
10-23-2015, 09:52 PM
WOW! Close one for Sinton two weeks in a row.

PurplePop
10-23-2015, 10:00 PM
WOW! Close one for Sinton two weeks in a row.
Almost a big monkey wrench thrown into Reg. 4 brackets, that's for sure.

Old Green
10-23-2015, 10:01 PM
Congrats Sinton on a good game Regroup Gobblers for next week.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-23-2015, 10:03 PM
Hometown call on that missed intentional grounding by Sinton. Hope to see you guys again in the playoffs because the team that outplayed the other up and down the field tonight lost the game.
Had nothing to do with hometown call.

Sinton defense gave up no td. Congrats to Cuero kids for battling play after play to keep moving the sticks.

Good luck the rest of the season

SintonFan
10-23-2015, 10:46 PM
Insane game. Sinton scored on their first and last plays of the game, right? Just enough to win. Cuero came ready to play! That young QB of yours is gonna be a beast. Also, no. 6 (I think) is a great runner. I talked to the first string QB's dad at halftime, he seemed to think his son will be fine. So glad for that. :)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-24-2015, 06:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGJ_XS1qZhk&feature=youtu.be

Gobblers offense limit the Sinton offense to 1 play in the first quarter and control the game clock and game as their defense limit Sinton to 2 first downs going into 4th qtr.

Stat totals:
First downs: Cuero 16 Sinton 7
Rush yards: Cuero 43 rushes 149 yards 3.5 avg. Sinton 18 rushes 87 yards 4.8 avg.
Pass yards: Cuero 15 Att 8 Comp 105 yards Sinton 19 Att 8 Comp 81 yards

Turnovers: Cuero 2 (fumble and Interception) Sinton 0

Sinton scored on a Colten Cohea td run and Colten Cohea td pass to Mark Villarreal
Cuero scored on a punt return for td and a Field Goal

Sinton game winning drive started at their own 24 with 1:48 left in the game and scored with 15 seconds left

*stats from VictoriaAdvocate.com

Old Green
10-24-2015, 08:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGJ_XS1qZhk&feature=youtu.be

Gobblers offense limit the Sinton offense to 1 play in the first quarter and control the game clock and game as their defense limit Sinton to 2 first downs going into 4th qtr.

Stat totals:
First downs: Cuero 16 Sinton 7
Rush yards: Cuero 43 rushes 149 yards 3.5 avg. Sinton 18 rushes 87 yards 4.8 avg.
Pass yards: Cuero 15 Att 8 Comp 105 yards Sinton 19 Att 8 Comp 81 yards

Turnovers: Cuero 2 (fumble and Interception) Sinton 0

Sinton scored on a Colten Cohea td run and Colten Cohea td pass to Mark Villarreal
Cuero scored on a punt return for td and a Field Goal

Sinton game winning drive started at their own 24 with 1:48 left in the game and scored with 15 seconds left

*stats from VictoriaAdvocate.comThanks for the clip SFIA. Wish I would have gone to the game but the threat of rain kept me from going.

GobblersUnite
10-24-2015, 08:54 AM
Nice video! I thought both teams fought well throughout the game! Didn't know how the Gobblers would be after Martinez went down as he not only leads the team in total offense but makes all the calls in the secondary and leads the team in INTs. Sinton did what they had to do to get the win. Congrats! It appears that either Sinton, Navarro or the Gobblers will probably rep Region 4.

sinfan75
10-24-2015, 09:31 AM
Wasn't at the game but just looking at the stats looks like Cuero dominated this game. Seems like since the Jourdanton game the offense has been in a funk. A lot can be attributed to solid defenses they've gone up against last 2 weeks, but they really need to figure how to put points on the board again. Defense is doing their job but the offense needs to start playing better.

bd62
10-24-2015, 10:08 AM
Nice video! I thought both teams fought well throughout the game! Didn't know how the Gobblers would be after Martinez went down as he not only leads the team in total offense but makes all the calls in the secondary and leads the team in INTs. Sinton did what they had to do to get the win. Congrats! It appears that either Sinton, Navarro or the Gobblers will probably rep Region 4.

Alex M is a fierce competitor .Hope his injury is not serious and he will be back soon . Looking at videoTaylor did a great job replacing him.

pirate4state
10-24-2015, 11:12 AM

:tisk: there was a WR in the area and the ball was beyond the LOS anyway, but we could talk about the holding call that was missed on the punt returned for a TD? And let's not forget that the side judge wasn't going to throw a flag on the PI on that final drive...the back judge had to call that....your DB got turned around and had no choice but to tackle our WR. Cuero ran the ball down our throat all game, but the fact is y'all couldn't punch it in! The better teams find ways to finish and win games! Hats off to our defense because while they gave up some yardage, they kept y'all out of the EZ! Our offense needs to take this week to tinker with some things and some kids need to step up and realize they are on varsity to make a difference. Coaches believed you were capable now go out and prove that you are!

Hats off to both teams -- as frustrating as it was to watch us go 3 & out over & over -- both teams played their asses off! :clap: Good luck to Cuero -- maybe we'll see you again :wave:

pirate4state
10-24-2015, 12:03 PM
lololol listening to the K-MAC broadcast (coaches show) and the interviewer is talking about last year's game wondering how we beat them when y'all had more yardage, etc... :spitlol: all for it to happen AGAIN!!! Thankfully, the coach gave us credit for last year's win!

I heard a lot about the broadcast because our folks are used to K-MAC broadcasting FOR us, not against us! LOL. I understand that this is Cuero's people and their broadcast...still doesn't sit well, but that final score makes it better :D

pirate4state
10-24-2015, 12:20 PM
and i just noticed the poll #s lol

PhiI C
10-24-2015, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the clip SFIA. Wish I would have gone to the game but the threat of rain kept me from going.

Old Green who is No. 2. He was great at QB and looks like a future star. His height reminds me of Vince Young. My main concern is when he and one of his teammates goes in the air. That risks injury.

Old Green
10-24-2015, 02:48 PM
Old Green who is No. 2. He was great at QB and looks like a future star. His height reminds me of Vince Young. My main concern is when he and one of his teammates goes in the air. That risks injury.Bralen Taylor.

PhiI C
10-24-2015, 10:41 PM
Bralen Taylor.

Thank you. Is he a junior.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-25-2015, 02:30 AM
I know, 16-4A fan, our teams suck for the most part but whatever.

Here's my 2 centavos....

IMHO, the only reason why Sinton struggled in the last couple games isn't mainly because of the level of competition, I think it's because of the fact the starters for Sinton only played 1 quarter vs. Jourdanton. Had they played a half, or 3 Qtrs, they wouldn't have struggled so much vs. Cuero.

In other words, I'm saying Sinton should pull a Refugio if they want a shot at state. #JustSaying

Gobbler Fan
10-25-2015, 08:29 AM
The Starters were in the whole game for Sinton and Cuero held them to 3 first downs 4 actually they had one by a Cuero penalty and that was all the way until that last drive and ended up with 7. Cuero's defense was the difference not Sinton starters not playing 4 quarters all year. Good luck to both teams the rest of the year and maybe they will meet again.

Gobbler Fan
10-25-2015, 08:33 AM
Thank you. Is he a junior.

Bralen is a Sophmore

PhiI C
10-25-2015, 12:05 PM
Bralen is a Sophmore

Thank you.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-25-2015, 12:12 PM
The Starters were in the whole game for Sinton and Cuero held them to 3 first downs 4 actually they had one by a Cuero penalty and that was all the way until that last drive and ended up with 7. Cuero's defense was the difference not Sinton starters not playing 4 quarters all year. Good luck to both teams the rest of the year and maybe they will meet again.

I was referring to Sinton's game vs. Jourdanton

gobbla4life
10-25-2015, 02:35 PM
It was a good game , Sinton made the plays at the end. Call or missed calls , you can't put the ball on the ground when your trying to run out the clock. We also needed to make a stop on 4th and 7. Either way , the future is very bright for Cuero , the youngsters will learn from these situations.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-25-2015, 04:57 PM
The Starters were in the whole game for Sinton and Cuero held them to 3 first downs 4 actually they had one by a Cuero penalty and that was all the way until that last drive and ended up with 7. Cuero's defense was the difference not Sinton starters not playing 4 quarters all year. Good luck to both teams the rest of the year and maybe they will meet again.one penalty was to avoid a possible td catch by Villarreal, he got beat so grab him. Sinton defense was the difference they didn't give up a td all night. The past two games for Sinton they've haven't attacked with the passing game in the early downs and need to get Mark Villarreal involved more he will make plays for them.

Cuero has a very good line on both sides and most games come down to lineman and they matchup well with Sinton, some battles on the trenches. Good luck in the playoffs and hopefully we'll have two teams from our district in Region final again whoever it might be as the top 4 could get hot in the playoffs.

zebrablue2
10-25-2015, 10:16 PM
What are the standing's in this district?

iFootball
10-25-2015, 10:41 PM
Sinton 3-0
Cuero 1-1
Ingleside 1-1
Yoakum 1-2
Jourdanton 0-2

iFootball
10-25-2015, 10:46 PM
In other words, I'm saying Sinton should pull a Refugio if they want a shot at state. #JustSaying

Blowing out weaker teams won't help you with a shot at state. Playing tougher competition will. Look at Stephenville, Navasota and Gilmer. Their schedules are the toughest and they always have a shot at state.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-25-2015, 11:01 PM
Blowing out weaker teams won't help you with a shot at state. Playing tougher competition will. Look at Stephenville, Navasota and Gilmer. Their schedules are the toughest and they always have a shot at state.your schedule wont mean a thing if you're not playing your best in the playoffs when it counts. Back to back years coming up a win short to get a shot at the title had nothing to do with schedule but more with peaking at the right time.

99IHSMustang
10-26-2015, 08:28 AM
your schedule wont mean a thing if you're not playing your best in the playoffs when it counts. Back to back years coming up a win short to get a shot at the title had nothing to do with schedule but more with peaking at the right time.

Let's be honest, usually teams down in the Coastal Bend area don't have second and third string players that can just come in and replace a good starter. Teams like Stephenville, Navasota, and Gilmer do. If your schedule is too rough and you lose players early, your toast in the playoffs.

pirate4state
10-26-2015, 10:16 AM
Blowing out weaker teams won't help you with a shot at state. Playing tougher competition will. Look at Stephenville, Navasota and Gilmer. Their schedules are the toughest and they always have a shot at state.

As much as I would love to play tougher competition the powers that be can't get past the $$$ it would involve to do so. We have had bigger schools contact us ahead of the realignment this year and unfortunately a lot of them are getting turned away because of the travel involved. Sometimes you just have to play the hand you are dealt. This year, I agree that we needed to keep our starters in in some of our early games. Not much to do about it now! I never thought I'd be this happy about a bye week!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-26-2015, 01:30 PM
As much as I would love to play tougher competition the powers that be can't get past the $$$ it would involve to do so. We have had bigger schools contact us ahead of the realignment this year and unfortunately a lot of them are getting turned away because of the travel involved. Sometimes you just have to play the hand you are dealt. This year, I agree that we needed to keep our starters in in some of our early games. Not much to do about it now! I never thought I'd be this happy about a bye week!Getting GP back on the schedule would be good not much travel in that one.

pirate4state
10-26-2015, 02:10 PM
Getting GP back on the schedule would be good not much travel in that one.

Our non-district schedule will change because I know T-M for sure doesn't want to play us anymore. I think LV is off the table too and maybe either Raymondville or Rio Hondo. Should be a fun day in February!