PDA

View Full Version : Kilgore vs Carthage tonite: Who do you like?

regaleagle
10-16-2015, 12:41 PM
Nobody's really talking about this game on this site, but it should be a very important game and gutcheck for both Dawgs squads. Lots of history in this one as well. I think the overall series is something like 27-23 Kilgore. Surratt is 3-1 over Kilgore since he's been at Carthage. Kilgore has been a surprise so far this season with a young team only improving each week. Should be a great test for both teams, and the winner should come out on top for the district title. Who do you like?

regaleagle
10-16-2015, 12:47 PM
I'm not sure why Jason didn't include this game in the pick-em contest this week.....it should be a close game. I guess he's an Aggie fan and opted for A&M/Bama game this week instead? I'm almost tempted to pick Kilgore in this game, but I won't. I'll go with Carthage by a TD or less.

lostaussie
10-16-2015, 01:18 PM
I will be stunned if Kilgore wins.

buckeyebob
10-16-2015, 03:12 PM
It comes down to heart...I say we will see next year

movethechain
10-16-2015, 06:09 PM
Carthage is Carthage, as usual, but Kilgore is tough at home. I'll take Carthage by 2 TDs, but will not be shocked if Kilgore somehow finds a way to win. Ball bounces funny sometimes you know.

cowboyandchrist
10-16-2015, 08:05 PM
Carthage is Carthage, as usual, but Kilgore is tough at home. I'll take Carthage by 2 TDs, but will not be shocked if Kilgore somehow finds a way to win. Ball bounces funny sometimes you know.

14 to 0 Kilgore with 9 minutes left in the second quarter. We cant stop their running game.

cowboyandchrist
10-16-2015, 08:13 PM
Carthage scored, went 97 yards. Kilgore 14 Carthage 7 six minutes left in the first half.

cowboyandchrist
10-16-2015, 08:22 PM
We hold Kilgore and they punt, We take the ball down to the 1 yard line. Carthage scored, Now Carthage 14 Kilgore 14 with 1:33 left in the first half.

lostaussie
10-16-2015, 08:27 PM
Sounds like a better game than Pitt LE where I am.

lostaussie
10-16-2015, 09:55 PM

Looks like I'm gonna be stunned.

Aggie98
10-17-2015, 01:23 AM

Come on now.... you Glimmer fans know what it's like to bring an over-hyped team into R.E. St. John's Stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lostaussie
10-17-2015, 07:14 AM
Come on now.... you Glimmer fans know what it's like to bring an over-hyped team into R.E. St. John's Stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice:thumbsup:

cowboyandchrist
10-17-2015, 11:57 AM
Let me start out by saying congrats to Kilgore, the better team won. My storm has weakened and may not be as strong come playoff time. I will say our two best players on the team were on the side lines. The middle linebacker and tailback/receiver never saw the field. Linebacker has a cast on his leg. Kilgore has a great running team with speed to burn. Very good O line and a Sophomore QB, that will be a stud by this time next year, kid can run and throw. We threw the ball on Kilgore with no problems except one, catching the dang football. We had a chance to win the game in the final minutes, but our receivers and our Q/B were running a different play. Dawgs was right we will only go as far as our Q/B can take us. Our defense is not the same without our star middle linebacker. The good thing is the team is loaded with sophomores and Juniors and will get better as we go.
For all you 4A DI teams, Kilgore will be hard to beat for anybody including Navasota, they are faster than greased lightening. They also have a tank that runs the ball with speed. I was impressed. So all you folks want to serve up the storm comments, come on, I not only dish it out, I can take it. God Bless players, coaches, and fans.