PDA

View Full Version : The secret to running the slot-t ?

LHPfactory
10-16-2015, 11:54 AM
To run a spread offense you need a QB that can throw and linemen that back up when the ball is snapped.... etc...

To run the SLOT-T, the players are best described in the following video between 0:45 (45 seconds) and 1:15 ( 1 minute and 15 seconds)....... Just sayin if you wanted to know.... I bet Navarro agrees ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaFiSNgx7_k

SintonFan_inAustin
10-16-2015, 12:06 PM
To run a spread offense you need a QB that can throw and linemen that back up when the ball is snapped.... etc...

To run the SLOT-T, the players are best described in the following video between 0:45 (45 seconds) and 1:15 ( 1 minute and 15 seconds)....... Just sayin if you wanted to know.... I bet Navarro agrees ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaFiSNgx7_kThat's not a very good format, needs to be more wide spread for better quality.

toddg
10-16-2015, 12:11 PM
"That'll be the day"...

Rabid Cougar
10-16-2015, 02:04 PM
Quick linemen and four backs that like to run the ball inside. Also helps for the QB to be able to throw the ball. We ran the McQueen/Temple version back in the day. 50% of our TD were via the pass. You get then to stack the line to stop the power and counters and pop a wing back or a TE straight up the field. No one will be within 10 yards of him.

LHPfactory
10-16-2015, 02:57 PM
Quick linemen and four backs that like to run the ball inside. Also helps for the QB to be able to throw the ball. We ran the McQueen/Temple version back in the day. 50% of our TD were via the pass. You get then to stack the line to stop the power and counters and pop a wing back or a TE straight up the field. No one will be within 10 yards of him.

You took the fun out of it, Watch the video.
"Its harsh and unpleasant business" " Which requires a particularly harsh and unpleasant kind of man"...

A dedicated rushing attack requires an aggressive and mean mentality to be successful. Whether its a power I like Alvarado or a Slot-T like Liberty Hill...

Rabid Cougar
10-16-2015, 03:16 PM
You took the fun out of it, Watch the video.
"Its harsh and unpleasant business" " Which requires a particularly harsh and unpleasant kind of man"...

A dedicated rushing attack requires an aggressive and mean mentality to be successful. Whether its a power I like Alvarado or a Slot-T like Liberty Hill...

Dont have to watch the video. I was the harsh unpleasent kind of man. I was the offside tackle leading the QB, FB and RB past and over the downed and mangled bodies of OLBs,DBs and Safetys that had already been cut by the onside olinemen and wing back. I was the strong side tackle that double teamed the 3 or 5 technique and was hammered in the back by the RB and FB leading the WB and or QB through the 4 hole. I would viciously cut the legs of the opposing dlinemen even when the play was to the other side. I have run 28 or 29 sweep every single play for an entire half because the other team could not stop it. Ask Gilmer and Austin Westlake about that.

I have LIVED it!

PurplePop
10-16-2015, 04:51 PM
Dont have to watch the video. I was the harsh unpleasent kind of man. I was the offside tackle leading the QB, FB and RB past and over the downed and mangled bodies of OLBs,DBs and Safetys that had already been cut by the onside olinemen and wing back. I was the strong side tackle that double teamed the 3 or 5 technique and was hammered in the back by the RB and FB leading the WB and or QB through the 4 hole. I would viciously cut the legs of the opposing dlinemen even when the play was to the other side. I have run 28 or 29 sweep every single play for an entire half because the other team could not stop it. Ask Gilmer and Austin Westlake about that. I have LIVED it!

That is the greatest TDL post ever!

PurplePop
10-16-2015, 05:10 PM
Navarro agrees, BTW. It also helps to have an awesome head coach (regardless what offense you run). That execution thing.

regaleagle
10-16-2015, 06:33 PM
I think Kennedale runs it very effectively. They hardly ever pass, but I think if they evolved that part of their offense they would be even tougher to defend.