PDA

View Full Version : 4A DII Projected 2015 quarter-finalists & spreads for their remaining schedules

Sweetwater Red
10-14-2015, 09:50 AM
Per pigskin preps and subject to change weekly.

Region I

Sweetwater -

By 34 over Midland Greenwood
By 17 over Monahans
By 33 over Pecos
By 63 over Lamesa

Celina -

By 41 over Bridgeport
By 67 over Bonham
By 51 over Aubrey
By 25 over Krum

Region II

Gilmer -

By 34 over Canton
By 24 over Bullard
By 46 over Nevada Community
By 42 over Emory Rains

Atlanta -

Gladewater by 6 over Atlanta
By 10 over Center
By 13 over Tatum
By 40 over Longview Spring Hill

Region III

West Orange Stark -

By 31 over Orangefield
By 27 over Hamshire-Fannett
By 35 over Hardin-Jefferson

Wharton

By 2 over Bellville
By 51 over Brookshire Royal
Open
By 31 over Sweeny

Region IV

Geronimo Navarro -

By 55 over Hondo
Open
By 39 over Wimberley
By 64 over Llano

Sinton -

By 22 over Yoakum
By 28 over Cuero
Open
By 28 over Ingleside

WOS87
10-14-2015, 02:38 PM
WOS has a bye week 11 and Might as well tack Houston Scarborough on to the end of ours for week 12. See you Week 13 against Bellville/Caldwell/LaGrange/Giddings/Wharton... one of those

Sweetwater Red
10-14-2015, 03:42 PM
Might as well tack Houston Scarborough on to the end of ours for week 12.

I would say so too. You are currently 82 point favorites! Lol

Here are the first round projections.

Sweetwater by 37 over Dalhart
Celina by 57 over Venus

Gilmer by 22 over Texarkana Pleasant Grove
Atlanta by 25 over Emory Rains

West Orange Stark by 82 over Houston Scarborough
Wharton by 39 over Smithville

Sinton by 45 over Port Isabel
Geronimo Navarro by 49 over Poteet

chaingang
10-14-2015, 04:16 PM
I would say so too. You are currently 82 point favorites! Lol

Here are the first round projections.

Sweetwater by 37 over Dalhart
Celina by 57 over Venus

Gilmer by 22 over Texarkana Pleasant Grove
Atlanta by 25 over Emory Rains

West Orange Stark by 82 over Houston Scarborough
Wharton by 39 over Smithville

Sinton by 45 over Port Isabel
Geronimo Navarro by 49 over Poteet

Very interesting they have a (6-1) LaGrange not in there. Even more crazy is they are ranked #14 with 1 loss and many above them have 2 or more loses.........

WOS87
10-14-2015, 04:26 PM
Very interesting they have a (6-1) LaGrange not in there. Even more crazy is they are ranked #14 with 1 loss and many above them have 2 or more loses.........

No one's counting LaGrange out.. the unexpected loss to Fredericksburg, the overtime 1 point win over Yoakum is similar to our losses to Newton and Foster last year. They are definitely a force to be reckoned with. LaGrange vs Caldwell this Friday and LaGrange vs Giddings after that will tell the tale.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-14-2015, 07:03 PM
Per pigskin preps and subject to change weekly.

Region IV

Geronimo Navarro -

By 55 over Hondo
Open
By 39 over Wimberley
By 64 over Llano

Sinton -

By 22 over Yoakum
By 28 over Cuero
Open
By 28 over Ingleside [/B]

Keep an eye on Orange Grove out of D-16. They are pulling a "Refugio" on their district opponents. They put 65 points up on Raymondville.....and they have the Mighty Progreso Red Ants next. Don't be too surprised if OG puts 80+ on them. Not joking.

WOS1
10-14-2015, 10:09 PM
Wharton???? I would think Giddings, LG or La Marque before them.

cougartino
10-14-2015, 11:18 PM

I'm not sure the COOGS coaching staff is ready for any of this.

Sweetwater Red
10-15-2015, 07:16 AM
La Grange and La Marque would be on WOStark's side of the bracket and I bet you would think the Mustangs before them ;)

Wharton is currently a two point favorite over Giddings in the third round.

chaingang
10-15-2015, 08:16 AM
La Grange and La Marque would be on WOStark's side of the bracket and I bet you would think the Mustangs before them ;)

Well, if we get that far again this year, I always like to see teams like Wharton that we have never played before.(Even though history begs the differ-Paris,Ennis,Wemberly,etc lol) Atleast I dont believe we have ever played Wharton. Also have always wanted to see an all Mustang matchup with Sweetwater although we all know REAL Mustangs are Blue and Silver:taunt:

d0tc0m
10-15-2015, 09:08 AM
Regardless of who comes out of it, Region III is going to have some really fun playoff matchups. Could be the most entertaining portion of the bracket, for sure.

Pudlugger
10-15-2015, 09:50 AM

Actually it depends on who wins D11. If LG wins district they can meet WOS in the Quarterfinal.

Sweetwater Red
10-15-2015, 09:57 AM
Actually it depends on who wins D11. If LG wins district they can meet WOS in the Quarterfinal.

Yes but in the existing model La Grange would play WOS in the third round. I was just clarifying that for WOS1

Sweetwater Red
10-15-2015, 11:15 AM
Well, if we get that far again this year, I always like to see teams like Wharton that we have never played before.(Even though history begs the differ-Paris,Ennis,Wemberly,etc lol) Atleast I dont believe we have ever played Wharton. Also have always wanted to see an all Mustang matchup with Sweetwater although we all know REAL Mustangs are Blue and Silver:taunt:

Would love to see that match up too. We have a "better than last year" Celina team and that Juggernaut out in East Texas to deal with first though.

d0tc0m
10-15-2015, 11:46 AM
Would love to see that match up too. We have a "better than last year" Celina team and that Juggernaut out in East Texas to deal with first though.

That battle for the Region I title ought to be another good one.

WOS87
10-15-2015, 04:54 PM

We actually HAVE played Wharton before. Not sure how old you are but I was at the game, Bi-District 1987 in our 15-0 season.

toddg
10-15-2015, 05:16 PM
We actually HAVE played Wharton before. Not sure how old you are but I was at the game, Bi-District 1987 in our 15-0 season.ya'll still have real grass at Hooks stadium?

griff
10-15-2015, 05:35 PM
ya'll still have real grass at Hooks stadium?

Yes.

Pudlugger
10-15-2015, 06:43 PM
Yes but in the existing model La Grange would play WOS in the third round. I was just clarifying that for WOS1
Really? Pigskin must be using a different seeding arrangement then last year when we won D11 and met WOS in round 4. The W9 and W10 were in the upper bracket and W11 and W12 in the lower bracket so the winners of the two brackets met in game 4.

speedbump
10-15-2015, 07:19 PM
Really? Pigskin must be using a different seeding arrangement then last year when we won D11 and met WOS in round 4. The W9 and W10 were in the upper bracket and W11 and W12 in the lower bracket so the winners of the two brackets met in game 4.

They are figuring LG to finish as district runner up.

WOS1
10-15-2015, 09:08 PM
We actually HAVE played Wharton before. Not sure how old you are but I was at the game, Bi-District 1987 in our 15-0 season.

Ahhhh, you beat me to it. I was at that game as well. The thing I remember the most (other than the fact we won) was they ran a fake punt and the Wharton Receiver stretched out for the pass and Quentin Tezeno SMOKED him coming up from being back to field the punt. As CT would say, "he separated the man from the ball"...

I still think we (hope) play the winner of D11 in the QF, but I guess we'll see.

Pudlugger
10-16-2015, 07:17 AM
They are figuring LG to finish as district runner up.

I realize that's what the Pig says but I don't buy it. LG will win D11.

chaingang
10-16-2015, 10:50 AM

Thats right. I forgot. I was 6 but was there. Sister was a Fillie captain that year.