PDA

View Full Version : Tatum

lostaussie
10-13-2015, 11:23 AM
Are they going to go 0'fer:D

waterboy
10-13-2015, 11:34 AM
No. They will win at least one game, in my opinion. They have been decimated by injuries once again. They have 16 starters from the first game that are either out for the year, or will be back at some point later in the season. Who da thunk it? They can't even buy any luck, even with all that tax base money.

lostaussie
10-13-2015, 11:38 AM
Spring Hill don't count:D

waterboy
10-13-2015, 11:56 AM
Spring Hill don't count:D

:D

Tell that to the loser...

They should be put in our district. They would probably get at least 3 wins in it.:D

Dawgs
10-13-2015, 01:20 PM
I hope they never win another game!

coach
10-13-2015, 01:43 PM
basketball team will be down with talent but they have a very good coach over there. Expect good things from their thump thump team.

lostaussie
10-13-2015, 02:39 PM
I hope they never win another game!

You going to make C&C mad :D

Dawgs
10-13-2015, 03:57 PM
You going to make C&C mad :D

C&C is on the Dawg train right now. He forgot about his poor Eagles. He is a Carthage graduate anyways.

I don't understand what's going on the last several years in Tatum. I understand they had some injuries this season, but they have been constant underachieving especially when they were in 2a.

lostaussie
10-13-2015, 04:01 PM
C&C is on whatever the winning train is. He has been noticeability quiet lately though.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Dawgs
10-13-2015, 04:43 PM
C&C is on whatever the winning train is. He has been noticeability quiet lately though.

He will be here saying the storm from the East is coming in 3,2,1...

You know I'm just kidding C&C.

We will see if a storm is coming or not this week. A lot of similarities in Carthage and Gilmer this season. I think both teams will go as far as their QB will take them. Both have the pieces. They need the QB to put all the pieces together and complete the puzzle.

lostaussie
10-13-2015, 04:46 PM
I believe Gilmer will at least be in the semi's and maybe further. I do not think they win it all this year. I don't know if Carthage makes it out of their region. The comparison has not as much to do with the teams as it does the competition.

Dawgs
10-13-2015, 04:57 PM
I believe Gilmer will at least be in the semi's and maybe further. I do not think they win it all this year. I don't know if Carthage makes it out of their region. The comparison has not as much to do with the teams as it does the competition.

If we win this week, we should win the district championship. The team that wins district 9 should have an inside track to the region finals in a matchup against Navasota. Obviously a lot of football to play, but this is an important game for both teams. Heck you never know what could happen. Meet up with Navasota in the region finals? "Any given Friday"!!

cowboyandchrist
10-13-2015, 06:21 PM
I have not been quiet, I have been on the other sight. I will always be a Tatum homer, my grandfather was on the school board for over 25 years and I went to school there from 1st grade to the 4th. I moved to Carthage at the start of my 5th grade year. We had great coaches in junior high, but had the worst coach in high school, I will not say his name, but everyone old timer like me knows who was there in the early to middle seventies. Tatum has the best looking kids you would ever hope to see, size, speed, ability, but something has happened over the last five years and who knows what that could be. I know coach Evans and have talked to him over the years. He is a great coach and even better Christian man. 2010 was the last team Tatum had that I thought could win a state title, but Cameron YO had a different game plan. Tatum has so many injuries, I have never seen 70 percent of a teams best players out. I dare say no one could name any team 3A thru 6A in any year that has that many starters out at one time. What I do know is they will be back on track because it is Tatum. They didn't play in three state championship games because they don't have the talent. The next realignment could have them back in 3A and that would help.
As far as my Dawgs, the storm has begun, it swept through Henderson and is moving towards Kilgore. The Dawgnator is coming, it is in East Texas now, but will only get worse as it moves into the playoffs. (Lets Go Dawgs) God Bless players, coaches, and fans. How was that Dawgs !!!!!

toddg
10-13-2015, 06:55 PM
I have not been quiet, I have been on the other sight. I will always be a Tatum homer, my grandfather was on the school board for over 25 years and I went to school there from 1st grade to the 4th. I moved to Carthage at the start of my 5th grade year. We had great coaches in junior high, but had the worst coach in high school, I will not say his name, but everyone old timer like me knows who was there in the early to middle seventies. Tatum has the best looking kids you would ever hope to see, size, speed, ability, but something has happened over the last five years and who knows what that could be. I know coach Evans and have talked to him over the years. He is a great coach and even better Christian man. 2010 was the last team Tatum had that I thought could win a state title, but Cameron YO had a different game plan. Tatum has so many injuries, I have never seen 70 percent of a teams best players out. I dare say no one could name any team 3A thru 6A in any year that has that many starters out at one time. What I do know is they will be back on track because it is Tatum. They didn't play in three state championship games because they don't have the talent. The next realignment could have them back in 3A and that would help.
As far as my Dawgs, the storm has begun, it swept through Henderson and is moving towards Kilgore. The Dawgnator is coming, it is in East Texas now, but will only get worse as it moves into the playoffs. (Lets Go Dawgs) God Bless players, coaches, and fans. How was that Dawgs !!!!!

will that storm rain cats and dawgs??

lostaussie
10-13-2015, 07:41 PM
will that storm rain cats and dawgs??

That storm won't get much more than a hundred miles from home. Not this year. They are good......not great......kinda like Gilmer. Unfortunately their road will be a little tougher.

Yoe_09
10-13-2015, 10:07 PM

Tatum from 2010 is one of the better teams we have played over the past five years. Great game. Hope you guys can get somewhat healthy and get into the playoffs. Regardless, still should beat Spring Hill.

Gen.Pat
10-14-2015, 08:45 AM
Sad to hear this about Tatum. We had two battle royals with them in the 2A playoffs last cycle. Classiest Coach I seen.

coach
10-14-2015, 11:31 AM
Sad to hear this about Tatum. We had two battle royals with them in the 2A playoffs last cycle. Classiest Coach I seen.

what is a guy from Cleburne doing on here? I lived in cleburne the first 13 years of my life. How is everything going in that wacky town.

waterboy
10-14-2015, 12:19 PM

You must've missed the Melissa game. You weren't in your seats if you were there, or I missed you. Yes, I know..., it was Melissa, but I was impressed with Zac Spears' passing improvement in that game. He threw some beautiful rainbow DEEP balls for TDs, and one he threw on a rope for about 30+ yards through traffic for a TD. He had 5 TD passes, all in the first half (he didn't play in the second half), and he only had maybe two poor throws the entire time he was in there. Gilmer scored on their first 9 possessions I believe. It was 57-0 less than 2 minutes into the second quarter. The return of Lemarcus Morton and Devin Smith to our receiving corps makes a HUGE difference. They are definitely game changers with their speed and ability to get open. The offense has a ways to go as far as consistency, especially compared to last year, but our DEFENSE is very good. A repeat is definitely not out of the question at all, in my opinion.

lostaussie
10-14-2015, 12:27 PM
I did miss the Melissa game. I thought the game was away so I went fishing:D ........but it was still Melissa. Like I said earlier, I believe we will be in semi's and play either Celina or Sweetwater for a trip to Houston. There just isn't much competition in R2. I know that, you know that and most around the state know that. I believe I can pick the 2 final teams out of 4 teams right now. Not necessarily who I want them to be, but who I think they will be.

waterboy
10-14-2015, 03:16 PM
I did miss the Melissa game. I thought the game was away so I went fishing:D ........but it was still Melissa. Like I said earlier, I believe we will be in semi's and play either Celina or Sweetwater for a trip to Houston. There just isn't much competition in R2. I know that, you know that and most around the state know that. I believe I can pick the 2 final teams out of 4 teams right now. Not necessarily who I want them to be, but who I think they will be.

Bet I can, too... :D ..., and they're probably not who you think they'll be... ;)

Gen.Pat
10-14-2015, 08:16 PM
what is a guy from Cleburne doing on here? I lived in cleburne the first 13 years of my life. How is everything going in that wacky town.

Looking at passing a School bond and the City trying to pass a bond for a new public/ private minor league ball park and Shopping. Donnie Nelson leading the private part.

buckeyebob
10-14-2015, 09:41 PM
:D

Tell that to the loser...

They should be put in our district. They would probably get at least 3 wins in it.:D

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/guns/banana-gun.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

coach
10-15-2015, 09:43 AM
Looking at passing a School bond and the City trying to pass a bond for a new public/ private minor league ball park and Shopping. Donnie Nelson leading the private part.

Really? A minor league team in Cleburne. That is awesome. They still have The Rock?

lostaussie
10-24-2015, 07:07 AM
Tatum is gonna go 0'fer after a truly embarrassing loss last night to Spring Hill

waterboy
10-24-2015, 08:02 AM
Tatum is gonna go 0'fer after a truly embarrassing loss last night to Spring Hill

Yep. Spring Hill scored 2 TDs in the last 1:12 to seal that fate for Tatum.

lostaussie
10-24-2015, 08:03 AM
Wow

Sweetwater Red
10-24-2015, 09:14 AM

Just how embarrassing was it? :D

Nevermind, just looked it up. Man, 23 point favorite and up 27-15 with a 1:05 left in game only to lose 27-30? Ouch!

Dawgs
10-24-2015, 09:21 AM
People can say what they want about injuries. I understand. But SH? Dang. That's bad. Carthage was down to seriously a 5th string RB last season. Had probably at one time or another 7-8 starters out and was still able to finish a respectable 6-6. My point is that most teams go thru injuries every season. Some worst than others. Going 0-10 just shouldn't happen. Time for a change for our neighbors. First Dangerfield goes 1-9, then Tatum goes 0-10. Tenaha with poor records. Carthage goes 6-6, and lost a district game 2 years in a row!! What's going on in ETX! At least we still have Gilmer and of all schools Waskom!!

lostaussie
10-24-2015, 09:30 AM
Time for Tatum's coach to go fishing........there is something to be said for that you know.

Dawgs
10-24-2015, 09:50 AM
Time for Tatum's coach to go fishing........there is something to be said for that you know.
Yes, he's had tough year off the field. He proved in the past he can coach top level teams.

waterboy
10-24-2015, 10:37 AM
Yes, Coach Evans is a great coach, and an even better man. Sometimes when things happen that change your life in the offseason, it takes away the edge you once enjoyed. I can't imagine going through what he's been through, and still being able to function. Maybe it is time for a break from everything for a while. I hate to say that, but it is what it is. With that being said, I don't think it's his fault at all that Tatum is having the season they're having. Bad "luck" just seems to snow ball at times.

Gen.Pat
10-24-2015, 11:41 AM
I feel for Tatum .

lostaussie
10-24-2015, 01:25 PM
I feel for Tatum .

Why....... They are the UT of east Texas. They got all the money and nothing to show for it:D

Gen.Pat
10-24-2015, 07:53 PM
We played them twice and they were classy both times now their fans not so much. They got a good coach.

lostaussie
10-24-2015, 08:00 PM
When you rule your class for so long and then start losing the fans forget. Hasn't happened to Gilmer yet.......but it will.

cowboyandchrist
10-25-2015, 09:16 PM
People can say what they want about injuries. I understand. But SH? Dang. That's bad. Carthage was down to seriously a 5th string RB last season. Had probably at one time or another 7-8 starters out and was still able to finish a respectable 6-6. My point is that most teams go thru injuries every season. Some worst than others. Going 0-10 just shouldn't happen. Time for a change for our neighbors. First Dangerfield goes 1-9, then Tatum goes 0-10. Tenaha with poor records. Carthage goes 6-6, and lost a district game 2 years in a row!! What's going on in ETX! At least we still have Gilmer and of all schools Waskom!!
Dawgs I agree with you most of the time, but when was the last time you saw a team missing 16 starters and we are talking about a very small 4A DII school. They have been riddled with the injury bug. No school could win a game missing that many starters.

buckeyebob
10-25-2015, 09:39 PM
Why....... They are the UT of east Texas. They got all the money and nothing to show for it:D

I can't believe you said that...

Tejastrue
10-25-2015, 09:40 PM
Times a changing...

buckeyebob
10-25-2015, 09:41 PM
When you rule your class for so long and then start losing the fans forget. Hasn't happened to Gilmer yet.......but it will.

Been there before...1970's...terrible

Dawgs
10-25-2015, 09:56 PM
Dawgs I agree with you most of the time, but when was the last time you saw a team missing 16 starters and we are talking about a very small 4A DII school. They have been riddled with the injury bug. No school could win a game missing that many starters.

My man C&C, I'm just having a hard time understanding Tatum getting beat by SH. I guess I just can't wrap my head around losing 16 starters. I'm not calling anybody a liar at all, I just have a hard time believing 16 starters are out. It just sounds crazy. I know they have lost some to injury and some to off the field stuff, but it's just a big number. I guess your right you take 16 staters away from a 4a team it's going to be very hard to compete.

lostaussie
10-26-2015, 08:24 AM
My man C&C, I'm just having a hard time understanding Tatum getting beat by SH. I guess I just can't wrap my head around losing 16 starters. I'm not calling anybody a liar at all, I just have a hard time believing 16 starters are out. It just sounds crazy. I know they have lost some to injury and some to off the field stuff, but it's just a big number. I guess your right you take 16 staters away from a 4a team it's going to be very hard to compete.

Bullard only had 27 suited Saturday. If they lost 16 they would have to close up shop!!!

lostaussie
10-26-2015, 08:27 AM
Been there before...1970's...terrible

Yes Bob. In my early child development days we were the epitomy of LOSER. Much has changed. Just think where we would be on the all time Texas wins list if we could just have skipped the 70's

waterboy
10-26-2015, 08:42 AM
Yes Bob. In my early child development days we were the epitomy of LOSER. Much has changed. Just think where we would be on the all time Texas wins list if we could just have skipped the 70's

Uuugghhh! Lots of losing seasons in that decade. One winning season in the '70s, if memory serves, with lots of 1-9. 2-8 type seasons.

lostaussie
10-26-2015, 08:44 AM
But......I don't ever remember an 0'fer!!!!

waterboy
10-26-2015, 09:08 AM
But......I don't ever remember an 0'fer!!!!

Over 100 years of Buckeye football, and never have had a winless season!

coach
10-26-2015, 12:44 PM
Over 100 years of Buckeye football, and never have had a winless season!

that's bc you haven't played Fairfield 10 times in a season. ;)

waterboy
10-26-2015, 01:02 PM
that's bc you haven't played Fairfield 10 times in a season. ;)

Even back in the '70s we would've beaten y'all at least once out the 10 times we played you. :D

Bullaholic
10-26-2015, 01:24 PM
that's bc you haven't played Fairfield 10 times in a season. ;) Did Rose--the 2013 Fairfield RB, end up playing anywhere, coach?

Eagle8
01-23-2016, 04:13 PM
2015 was horrible.....we played half the season with the 4th string QB after QB 1 made some bad decisions, and QB2 and QB3 both went down to career ending concussions. Towards the end we had 3 starters left on offense and 4 on defense. Half the starters were JV players by game 6. Evans had a rough year on and off the field. He's done a lot for this school and town and now he's decided to hang it up on coaching. He'll be the assistant AD in 2016-2017 as we're in the final stages of making a new hire on a new AD/HC. It's down to four finalist with a special board meeting coming next week.

The new coach will take over a team that, to say the least, had 30+ underclassmen get valuable varsity experience headlined by 6'4 240 lb TE/DE Shay Rogers, 6'3 230 lb DE/OLB DeTorian Smith, 6' 200 lb RB/LB LaMarcus Harmon, 6'3 175 lb WR/S Spencer Liles, 6'2 200 lb DE/OLB Jaden Marcott, DB/WR D.D. Boyd, DB/WR Chris Jenkins, and some good sized meat upfront to block, lol. Several sophomores showed some potential along with high hopes of OB Jones, who could possibly take over the QB spot next year as a sophomore. Things can only go up from here, right?

Aesculus gilmus
01-23-2016, 07:56 PM
Did Rose--the 2013 Fairfield RB, end up playing anywhere, coach?

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2015/11/4/9669660/meet-fbs-seventh-leading-rusher-new-mexico-states-larry-rose-iii?_ga=1.123342539.1327850058.1446902546

coach
01-24-2016, 08:26 PM
Did Rose--the 2013 Fairfield RB, end up playing anywhere, coach?

Yes, he is a soph. at New Mexico State. He just broke their single season rushing record and was named the Conference Offensive Player of the Year!

coach
01-24-2016, 08:27 PM
2015 was horrible.....we played half the season with the 4th string QB after QB 1 made some bad decisions, and QB2 and QB3 both went down to career ending concussions. Towards the end we had 3 starters left on offense and 4 on defense. Half the starters were JV players by game 6. Evans had a rough year on and off the field. He's done a lot for this school and town and now he's decided to hang it up on coaching. He'll be the assistant AD in 2016-2017 as we're in the final stages of making a new hire on a new AD/HC. It's down to four finalist with a special board meeting coming next week.

The new coach will take over a team that, to say the least, had 30+ underclassmen get valuable varsity experience headlined by 6'4 240 lb TE/DE Shay Rogers, 6'3 230 lb DE/OLB DeTorian Smith, 6' 200 lb RB/LB LaMarcus Harmon, 6'3 175 lb WR/S Spencer Liles, 6'2 200 lb DE/OLB Jaden Marcott, DB/WR D.D. Boyd, DB/WR Chris Jenkins, and some good sized meat upfront to block, lol. Several sophomores showed some potential along with high hopes of OB Jones, who could possibly take over the QB spot next year as a sophomore. Things can only go up from here, right?

Any word on some of the candidates? I haven't heard anubody's name come up yet.

Eagle8
01-24-2016, 09:35 PM
Any word on some of the candidates? I haven't heard anubody's name come up yet.

Man......its a quiet subject. To keep the coaches who haven't told their schools that they applied, not much has leaked. I can give you what's been made common knowledge by one leak though.

Final four:

1. HC in DFW with some East TX ties
2. A Div. III assistant coach
3. An assistant coach from the Houston Area
4. A current East TX HC

However....a school board member squashed some of it on another thread hinting that no assistants could either apply or didn't apply.

Do I know something? Maybe, but I'm not a nuisance fan. Soper Int, Andy Evans, and the board wants it quiet for some reason.....I ain't gonna be a burden to their plan. I do know that there is a special board meeting this week.

coach
01-25-2016, 11:33 AM
Man......its a quiet subject. To keep the coaches who haven't told their schools that they applied, not much has leaked. I can give you what's been made common knowledge by one leak though.

Final four:

1. HC in DFW with some East TX ties
2. A Div. III assistant coach
3. An assistant coach from the Houston Area
4. A current East TX HC

However....a school board member squashed some of it on another thread hinting that no assistants could either apply or didn't apply.

Do I know something? Maybe, but I'm not a nuisance fan. Soper Int, Andy Evans, and the board wants it quiet for some reason.....I ain't gonna be a burden to their plan. I do know that there is a special board meeting this week.

It's a damn good job for someone who wants early success and the facilities are top notch.

Eagle8
01-25-2016, 02:34 PM
It's a damn good job for someone who wants early success and the facilities are top notch.

Yeah...if we don't have another year decimated by 2 dozen season ending injuries/kids making bad decisions. Tatum will be loaded with athleticism yet again. Got a couple really big athletic, college size kids in the front 7 on "D". One thing is for sure. The new coach will have a wealth of younger guys to look at that saw varsity experience that wouldn't have, had we not been decimated. Sophomores Jaden Marcott(6'2 200) at DE/LB, Drake Centers(6'3 260) OL/DT, the JV QB, L. Good who played solid on defense. The biggest question is at QB. We have a freshman, O.B. Jones, thats on the varsity basketball team. 6'1, bout 180, played QB on the freshmen team. Rumored that he was gonna focus just on basketball next season but then I heard he changed his mind. I sure hope he did.....kid is a heck of an athlete. Hope the new guy comes in and convinces him to play....think he's our best option at QB.

Lion70
01-26-2016, 04:12 AM
Frazier from West Rusk is the Head coach

lostaussie
01-26-2016, 01:45 PM

Kind of surprising, but probably a good hire. He has had WR headed the right direction, and historically that's been hard to do.

Eagle8
01-27-2016, 01:49 PM

lol, bruh....you wouldn't know who the head coach was if he hit you in the head with a rock.

Eagle8
01-27-2016, 01:50 PM
Kind of surprising, but probably a good hire. He has had WR headed the right direction, and historically that's been hard to do.

Aint the head coach....people been sayin it is, but I can assure you it hasn't been decided. There's a board meeting tonight.

Eagle8
01-27-2016, 01:53 PM
The truth of it all is, theres a whole bunch of people that know a little bit, and theres a little bit of people that know a whole bunch about this situation. Lion70 isn't in the latter.

lostaussie
01-27-2016, 02:12 PM
That was funny!!

Eagle8
01-27-2016, 11:30 PM
TATUM — Tatum’s search for a football coach and athletic director continues following Wednesday night’s special meeting of trustees.

Superintendent Dr. Dee Hartt recommended current West Rusk football coach John Frazier for the position, but during “final negotiations,” Frazier withdrew his name.

Tatum trustees met in closed session for 50 minutes before going into open session.

“After learning that I would not have full support of the school board, my family and I, through careful thought and prayer, decided it best that I withdraw my name from consideration for the position, said Frazier.

“We are very grateful to Dr. Hartt and the interviewing committee for their full support and vote of confidence that I should be considered for the job.”

Frazier has been with West Rusk since 2007, compiling an overall 59-42 record and leading teams to the postseason five times. Twice he led the Raiders to school-record 12-win seasons, including this past season with their first-ever trip to the quarterfinals. The West Rusk football program was 8-42 the five years prior to Frazier’s arrival.

It’s back to the drawing board for Tatum in its quest to replace Andy Evans, who in 12 seasons at Tatum compiled a 115-40 record with back-to-back state titles in 2005 and 2006.

Evans resigned his position in mid December and will remain as an assistant athletic director throughout the 2016-17 school year.

The focus, according to Hartt, now centers on two of the other finalists for the position -- Kaufman’s Craig Barker and Dickinson’s John Snelson.

Hart is hopeful he can bring a name before the board at its next scheduled meeting on Feb. 15.

Lion70
01-28-2016, 07:16 AM

Apparently he wasn't good enough. The super and (Evans) wanted Frazier recommend him but the board thought different. Frazier was told and withdrew his name from consideration.

Eagle8
01-28-2016, 07:50 AM
Apparently he wasn't good enough. The super and (Evans) wanted Frazier recommend him but the board thought different. Frazier was told and withdrew his name from consideration.

I give ya a hard time bud, but only because its fun, lol. The board has a direction in mind that they want to go and I feel like they may have felt that Frazier might not be the fit for that direction. Nothing against Frazier, he's a great coach and a great man and I wish him the best wherever he goes and whatever he does. I believe the board is committed 100% in weighing all options to make sure they get this program, school, and community the right guy for this job. I put full trust in what they're doing and though it may not be the popular vote to the outside eye, they are only doing what they feel is best and for one to crucify them like many have on another board is unjust. They're in the hot seat and they have to get it right, its a tough job that not many can do. They're fully supported by the community, or at least the true fans that care.

coach
01-28-2016, 09:58 AM
Wow...

pancho villa
01-28-2016, 02:02 PM
East Texas

Aesculus gilmus
01-29-2016, 08:36 AM
Tatum needs to figure out how to lose a few dozen students so they can go back down to 3A D1 and be a dominant power again.

Lion70
01-31-2016, 06:14 PM
My money on barker from Kaufman being the next Hc