PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport@Celina

Bullaholic
10-13-2015, 09:42 AM
Giving the Bulls East Texas bottled water, slingshots with rocks, and Kryptonite for this one. Hope we can show up and give the Bobcats a thing or two to think about and make a showing. Don't think we will lack in heart, but might be short a few big and fast legs. Go Bulls!

d0tc0m
10-13-2015, 02:11 PM
A couple weeks ago, I thought for sure this game would be the de facto District 3 title game. But with Bridgeport struggling mightily against Decatur and then against Krum last week, I think it's going to be a tough draw for the Bulls. If Bridgeport had trouble slowing down the Eagles and Krum, they're going to have an even tougher time stopping the Celina offense. The Bobcats are averaging right at 50 points and 600 yards of offense per game — and that's with our stud senior running back having not played for a month.

I have no doubts the boys over at Bridgeport will play with a lot of heart, and I'm sure they'll be up for this matchup with the Bobcats. But sometimes heart and effort just aren't enough to translate to a win, and this is one of those instances. Celina rolls big this week again.

d0tc0m
10-13-2015, 02:13 PM
Hey, Bullaholic, has the injury bug found its way into the Bridgeport field house or something? Just curious as to what has happened in these past two losses. Didn't see those games, obviously, and haven't seen any highlights either, so I'm just curious if there's something else going on, or if Krum and Decatur (which I know has a decent team) caught the Bulls at a bad time.

Bullaholic
10-13-2015, 04:33 PM
Hey, Bullaholic, has the injury bug found its way into the Bridgeport field house or something? Just curious as to what has happened in these past two losses. Didn't see those games, obviously, and haven't seen any highlights either, so I'm just curious if there's something else going on, or if Krum and Decatur (which I know has a decent team) caught the Bulls at a bad time. Well, without taking away from Krum and Decatur, dotCom, we lost several key players in the Decatur game and have not played well since. Hoping that we get a couple of the injured back before playoff time, and hoping we can make them. We still need to execute our offense better in order for us to be in any game, against anyone. Thanks for asking.

d0tc0m
10-13-2015, 04:37 PM
I figured there had to be some key pieces missing or not playing at 100 percent or something. I know Decatur has a good ball club, and like you said, I don't want to take anything away from Krum. But I'm not sure Krum would have won that big, or at all, if the Bulls were completely healthy.

I still think Bridgeport makes the playoffs fairly easily. The Bulls will now likely get the No. 3 spot, instead of that No. 2 seed. Of course, crazy things can happen, and we could see a train wreck in those No. 2-4 spots. Barring divine intervention, I think the No. 1 spot is reserved for the orange and white.

Pulling for the Bulls every week except this one! Hopefully you guys can get healthy, stay healthy and get this thing going the way it was through the first few weeks of the season.

Gen.Pat
10-14-2015, 08:37 AM
Best of Luck to the Bulls you got a real challenge this week.

regaleagle
10-14-2015, 08:40 AM
Is Jarren Alexander(Celina's RB) out hurt? He didn't play for how many games now? Was it an injury in practice? Is it grades? What's the deal with him?

IMHO, Celina cannot win Region II D-2 without Alexander......end of story.

d0tc0m
10-14-2015, 09:10 AM
Is Jarren Alexander(Celina's RB) out hurt? He didn't play for how many games now? Was it an injury in practice? Is it grades? What's the deal with him?

IMHO, Celina cannot win Region II D-2 without Alexander......end of story.

Celina can't win Region II no matter what, because we are in Region I. Jarren is going to be just fine. He's not out for grades or disciplinary reasons or anything like that. He'll be back, and bad news for the opposition, he'll have very fresh legs when he does come back. Even without Alexander, Celina is putting up a very balanced offensive attack with well over 500 yards of offense per game, so that's also bad news for the opposition. The Bobcats won't really be tested until that rematch with Sweetwater in the quarterfinals, and Alexander will be back by then.

Celina8
10-14-2015, 05:16 PM
Celina can't win Region II no matter what, because we are in Region I. Jarren is going to be just fine. He's not out for grades or disciplinary reasons or anything like that. He'll be back, and bad news for the opposition, he'll have very fresh legs when he does come back. Even without Alexander, Celina is putting up a very balanced offensive attack with well over 500 yards of offense per game, so that's also bad news for the opposition. The Bobcats won't really be tested until that rematch with Sweetwater in the quarterfinals, and Alexander will be back by then.

I was told that Jarren's mother had passed away about a week or two ago so not sure if any other Bobcats can confirm but that could be the main reason he has not played.

d0tc0m
10-14-2015, 05:34 PM
I was told that Jarren's mother had passed away about a week or two ago so not sure if any other Bobcats can confirm but that could be the main reason he has not played.

That is true. The QB Club is accepting donations to help with the funeral expenses, for those interested in giving.

Gen.Pat
10-14-2015, 08:09 PM
Prayers sent for that player and his family.

d0tc0m
10-16-2015, 08:10 PM
Bridgeport came to play tonight, and Celina did not. Bobcats up just 13-0 midway through the second. Defense just recovered a fumble in the end zone. The Bulls have recovered four Celina turnovers (some forced, some not). Bobcats are all out of sorts tonight, offensively. Defense is playing well, however.

orange machine
10-17-2015, 12:19 AM
Got my first Celina action tonight. First off Celina's oline is absolutely massive and I mean Euless Trinity big. Celina's qb was off tonight, but his 2 picks were hustle plays trying to make something happen. Unfortunately Celina was driving the ball on both picks inside the red zone, so really not a big deal. He did fumble the ball a few times, but again no big deal because from I understand this is the first game he has had turnovers . With all that said he still threw for over 250 yards and ran for another 150. When Jarren comes back this offense will be electric. Defense looks really good they fly to the ball and lay the wood. This team is legit!!

Twirling Time
10-17-2015, 02:33 AM
Bridgeport came to play tonight, and Celina did not. Bobcats up just 13-0 midway through the second. Defense just recovered a fumble in the end zone. The Bulls have recovered four Celina turnovers (some forced, some not). Bobcats are all out of sorts tonight, offensively. Defense is playing well, however.

Who was the player who recovered the fumble for the Celina TD?

orange machine
10-17-2015, 03:08 AM
Who was the player who recovered the fumble for the Celina TD?

I think it was #25 Austin Gieger.

d0tc0m
10-17-2015, 09:44 AM
Got my first Celina action tonight. First off Celina's oline is absolutely massive and I mean Euless Trinity big. Celina's qb was off tonight, but his 2 picks were hustle plays trying to make something happen. Unfortunately Celina was driving the ball on both picks inside the red zone, so really not a big deal. He did fumble the ball a few times, but again no big deal because from I understand this is the first game he has had turnovers . With all that said he still threw for over 250 yards and ran for another 150. When Jarren comes back this offense will be electric. Defense looks really good they fly to the ball and lay the wood. This team is legit!!

Glad to have you back, OM! Good to have your insight, too.

It was, indeed, the first time all year Pingleton has turned the ball over. He threw a pair of picks last night. One was just a really nice play by the Bridgeport defender. The other was a miscommunication with a receiver. And, like you said, both occurred when the Bobcats were driving and looking like they were going to score.

The 40-0 score looks really lopsided, but this one was closer than that. Bridgeport gave the Bobcats a handful in the first half. The Bulls couldn't do much of anything, offensively, but some of that had to do with the fact that they were starting a freshman quarterback, and he just struggled against a relentless Celina defense that mixed up its coverages and blitz/stunt packages. But defensively, Bridgeport gave a really nice blueprint of how to slow down this Celina offense — which has still been held under 500 yards just once this year, and that was in the season opener — for at least a half. What makes me a believer in this Bobcats team is the way they adjusted to what the Bulls were doing with their salty 3-4 defense. In years past, I think you would have seen a Celina coaching staff try the same things over and over and over trying to get it to work. This year, the staff adjusted to what Bridgeport was doing and countered it in the second half, and really exposed the Bulls' secondary. The Bobcats again went over 500 yards, and Pingleton tossed four more touchdowns.

I don't think this is a game Celina walks away from and feels great about. However, I think it showed them some really good things. Pingleton got to see a lot of different coverages from the opposing defense, something he hasn't seen much of this year. And the Bobcats staff got to see that same thing and found a way to throw some counter punches. Celina's defense is lightyears better than last year. They are reminiscent of the old Orange Crush defenses. And the offense still found a way to put up 500 yards, again, even without Alexander. When he does come back, he's going to be fresh, and the offense is suddenly going to be 100-150 yards a game better. Alexander doesn't get much love from the media, but he's one of the best backs in 4A, in my mind. And when he's healthy, this offense is going to be extremely hard to stop.

Bullaholic
10-17-2015, 11:21 AM
Pretty good game summary dOtcOm. Proud of the Bull D for being feisty and keeping us in the game during the first half, but they were just overcome by the Celina adjustments at the half, and having to stay on the field way too long because the O couldn't do much. The Bulls are going to have to find a way to handle the defensive pressure from the good teams, and give our offense a chance to do what it is capable of doing. Maybe a couple of returns from injury, and a little more playing time for our freshman QB will have us ready if we make the playoffs. Proud of the players for trying to take the fight to a good team like Celina and never quitting. The Bobcats will definitely go deep in the playoffs and I wish them good luck---they are relentless on offense, despite making a lot of mistakes last night. The Bobcat D is just outstanding with a lot of speed flowing to the ball, run or pass, and make you earn every yard. Go Bulls!

orange machine
10-17-2015, 11:26 AM
Glad to have you back, OM! Good to have your insight, too.

It was, indeed, the first time all year Pingleton has turned the ball over. He threw a pair of picks last night. One was just a really nice play by the Bridgeport defender. The other was a miscommunication with a receiver. And, like you said, both occurred when the Bobcats were driving and looking like they were going to score.

The 40-0 score looks really lopsided, but this one was closer than that. Bridgeport gave the Bobcats a handful in the first half. The Bulls couldn't do much of anything, offensively, but some of that had to do with the fact that they were starting a freshman quarterback, and he just struggled against a relentless Celina defense that mixed up its coverages and blitz/stunt packages. But defensively, Bridgeport gave a really nice blueprint of how to slow down this Celina offense — which has still been held under 500 yards just once this year, and that was in the season opener — for at least a half. What makes me a believer in this Bobcats team is the way they adjusted to what the Bulls were doing with their salty 3-4 defense. In years past, I think you would have seen a Celina coaching staff try the same things over and over and over trying to get it to work. This year, the staff adjusted to what Bridgeport was doing and countered it in the second half, and really exposed the Bulls' secondary. The Bobcats again went over 500 yards, and Pingleton tossed four more touchdowns.

I don't think this is a game Celina walks away from and feels great about. However, I think it showed them some really good things. Pingleton got to see a lot of different coverages from the opposing defense, something he hasn't seen much of this year. And the Bobcats staff got to see that same thing and found a way to throw some counter punches. Celina's defense is lightyears better than last year. They are reminiscent of the old Orange Crush defenses. And the offense still found a way to put up 500 yards, again, even without Alexander. When he does come back, he's going to be fresh, and the offense is suddenly going to be 100-150 yards a game better. Alexander doesn't get much love from the media, but he's one of the best backs in 4A, in my mind. And when he's healthy, this offense is going to be extremely hard to stop.

I was very impressed last night even though the offense didn't score much. In reality if you take away the 2 interceptions and the fumble on the 3 yard Celina wins this game by 60 and that's without Jarren. I don't know what's more impressive the size of the oline or how good the receivers are?

The defense is by far better than we have seen over the last 4 or 5 years. Shane Gerths at Mlb is big and a bad dude, but even the db's will lay the wood, they swarm to the ball and tackle very good. This is seriously the best Celina team I've seen since 2007 and I believe this team would beat that one.

orange machine
10-17-2015, 11:28 AM
Pretty good game summary dOtcOm. Proud of the Bull D for being feisty and keeping us in the game during the first half, but they were just overcome by the Celina adjustments at the half, and having to stay on the field way too long because the O couldn't do much. The Bulls are going to have to find a way to handle the defensive pressure from the good teams, and give our offense a chance to do what it is capable of doing. Maybe a couple of returns from injury, and a little more playing time for our freshman QB will have us ready if we make the playoffs. Proud of the players for trying to take the fight to a good team like Celina and never quitting. The Bobcats will definitely go deep in the playoffs and I wish them good luck---they are relentless on offense, despite making a lot of mistakes last night. The Bobcat D is just outstanding with a lot of speed flowing to the ball, run or pass, and make you earn every yard. Go Bulls!

I don't think the Bulls are far away from being really good and that freshman qb is a man and very good. I saw him warming up and I thought there was no way he was a freshman. Keep fighting Bulls

d0tc0m
10-17-2015, 11:39 AM
I was very impressed last night even though the offense didn't score much. In reality if you take away the 2 interceptions and the fumble on the 3 yard Celina wins this game by 60 and that's without Jarren. I don't know what's more impressive the size of the oline or how good the receivers are?

The defense is by far better than we have seen over the last 4 or 5 years. Shane Gerths at Mlb is big and a bad dude, but even the db's will lay the wood, they swarm to the ball and tackle very good. This is seriously the best Celina team I've seen since 2007 and I believe this team would beat that one.

You're right, OM, and Bridgeport has some pretty good athletes. The Bobcats offense is relentless and runs with a very brisk pace. Celina just has so many weapons that can beat you, and when Jarren comes back, you've got a home run threat taking the handoffs in the backfield. And one thing that often gets overlooked about Jarren is how good of a blocker he is. He punishes people in both pass protection, as well as leading Pingleton or another RB through the hole. He's also dangerous catching passes out of the backfield. You just can't understate how valuable he is to the offense. And somehow, Celina is still explosive without him. That's the mark of a good team. The other great thing about this Celina team is the depth, and the fact that we don't have any true two-way players. Some guys play roles on both sides, but only in certain situations. That keeps both sides of the ball fresh for four quarters. At any rate, this Celina team would beat the 2013 Celina team by a good margin, they're just way ahead of where that team was on both sides of the ball.

And you're right, OM, that o-line is massive and much better than last year's line. But the receivers are the difference makers to me. Good speed, good size , great hands - especially in traffic - and great route runners. They also block really well downfield, which often breaks open big plays.

But I'm with you, OM, this is by far Celina's best team since 2007. Not sure they could beat that team, but it'd be one helluva matchup, that's for sure!

orange machine
10-17-2015, 11:49 AM
You're right, OM, and Bridgeport has some pretty good athletes. The Bobcats offense is relentless and runs with a very brisk pace. Celina just has so many weapons that can beat you, and when Jarren comes back, you've got a home run threat taking the handoffs in the backfield. And one thing that often gets overlooked about Jarren is how good of a blocker he is. He punishes people in both pass protection, as well as leading Pingleton or another RB through the hole. He's also dangerous catching passes out of the backfield. You just can't understate how valuable he is to the offense. And somehow, Celina is still explosive without him. That's the mark of a good team. The other great thing about this Celina team is the depth, and the fact that we don't have any true two-way players. Some guys play roles on both sides, but only in certain situations. That keeps both sides of the ball fresh for four quarters. At any rate, this Celina team would beat the 2013 Celina team by a good margin, they're just way ahead of where that team was on both sides of the ball.

And you're right, OM, that o-line is massive and much better than last year's line. But the receivers are the difference makers to me. Good speed, good size , great hands - especially in traffic - and great route runners. They also block really well downfield, which often breaks open big plays.

But I'm with you, OM, this is by far Celina's best team since 2007. Not sure they could beat that team, but it'd be one helluva matchup, that's for sure!

The Bobcats have a stable full of running backs 4 and only one of them Jarren is a senior. The kid that started last night was a sophomore and he is really good.

RPF2666
10-17-2015, 03:43 PM
I think it was #25 Austin Gieger.

Yes, it was Geiger #25! PA called the TD for Gerths #35, but it was Geiger! First Varsity TD and his family couldn't be prouder
of how hard he has worked to be a part of what the Bobcats are doing this season! :inlove:

d0tc0m
10-17-2015, 03:48 PM
Geiger has been a big playmaker on defense this year. Kid has a little bit of Breck Holman in him, in my opinion. Not much size, but good quickness, smart defender, technique-sound and good in space. Big part of that much-improved defense.

RPF2666
10-17-2015, 03:58 PM
Thanks....

Living in Geiger's world, I can tell you there is a passion and commitment
with this group that is different. They truly love each other and only want
to accomplish the goal, regardless of who the hero is each Friday night!

When #5 shows back up, 'Katie bar the door!' The 'Family' will be reunited
and you don't want to mess with the family!!!

d0tc0m
10-17-2015, 04:02 PM
Thanks....

Living in Geiger's world, I can tell you there is a passion and commitment
with this group that is different. They truly love each other and only want
to accomplish the goal, regardless of who the hero is each Friday night!

When #5 shows back up, 'Katie bar the door!' The 'Family' will be reunited
and you don't want to mess with the family!!!

Love to hear all this! This is the kind of identity that has been missing in Celina since 2007. So glad this group has taken it upon themselves to bring it back and get the Orange and White playing like true title contenders again.

RPF2666
10-17-2015, 04:18 PM
I believe it in my heart! Doesn't mean WE will win State or even
get there! What it means is that this group will have each others
back for the rest of their lives.

There will be 'family feuds'. There were last night. I completely believe that
the leadership within this group will keep the goal, the goal.

Go Bobcats!

orange machine
10-17-2015, 06:11 PM
I believe it in my heart! Doesn't mean WE will win State or even
get there! What it means is that this group will have each others
back for the rest of their lives.

There will be 'family feuds'. There were last night. I completely believe that
the leadership within this group will keep the goal, the goal.

Go Bobcats!

This group has got the horses to make that run to state. Been watching Celina play for a very l9ng time and they have it.

slpybear the bullfan
10-19-2015, 10:11 AM
I don't think the Bulls are far away from being really good and that freshman qb is a man and very good. I saw him warming up and I thought there was no way he was a freshman. Keep fighting Bulls
Thanks Orange Machine and dOtcOm... Celina definitely looks like the real deal. Very good Oline size and was impressed with the speed on D. You guys look poised to go deep!

Yes, our Freshman QB was making his first start at Varsity last game due to injuries. He is a good young man and we are looking forward to his career. Its been tough this year with the injuries. Coming into the game at Celina, 7 of our starters from the first scrimmage are out. Just one of those years with the injury bugs. Looking forward to getting two back this next game though.

Good luck to Celina, looks like another good run for the Bobcats.

d0tc0m
10-19-2015, 10:33 AM
Thanks Orange Machine and dOtcOm... Celina definitely looks like the real deal. Very good Oline size and was impressed with the speed on D. You guys look poised to go deep!

Yes, our Freshman QB was making his first start at Varsity last game due to injuries. He is a good young man and we are looking forward to his career. Its been tough this year with the injuries. Coming into the game at Celina, 7 of our starters from the first scrimmage are out. Just one of those years with the injury bugs. Looking forward to getting two back this next game though.

Good luck to Celina, looks like another good run for the Bobcats.

Man, didn't realize the injury bug had hit the Bulls that hard. Sorry to hear that, SlpyBear. Hopefully you guys can get healthy these last two weeks and put a pair of wins together and get into the postseason. Anything can happen at that point. With some starters coming back, your fresh QB getting plenty of snaps, maybe Bridgeport can start to play like it did through the first few weeks of the season. If that happens, the Bulls could surprise some teams in the postseason, because they have some good looking athletes, from what I saw on film.

slpybear the bullfan
10-20-2015, 11:22 AM
Man, didn't realize the injury bug had hit the Bulls that hard. Sorry to hear that, SlpyBear. Hopefully you guys can get healthy these last two weeks and put a pair of wins together and get into the postseason. Anything can happen at that point. With some starters coming back, your fresh QB getting plenty of snaps, maybe Bridgeport can start to play like it did through the first few weeks of the season. If that happens, the Bulls could surprise some teams in the postseason, because they have some good looking athletes, from what I saw on film.

Yes, just one of those years with injuries. That's part of the game and we won't make excuses or qualify our record with that... but yeah, it's been a tough one.

Something that impressed me at Celina last week: I counted 38 young men on the 7th B team. 20 on the 7th A team. That is 58 boys playing ball... that has to be close to almost all boys in the 7th grade, right? Outstanding participation in CTown guys. That is how a program gets it done.