PDA

View Full Version : TO THE PI TARPONS

footballgal
12-01-2002, 12:59 PM
I wanted to say congratulations on a great season!! I know you wanted it to go on just as I did but that's just how things are sometimes, things don't turn out the way we want. I am so upset that I was unable to attend the game today I had not missed a regular or playoff game in years! So it was very hard for me to be home just counting the time for kick-off and thinking I wish I was there.

My best wishes to all the team and coaches for giving us Tarpon Fans a great season and something wonderful to look forward to every week. I will trully miss Friday nights and will have to wait another year, God willing for another great or even better season next year! Again Congratulations and Thank you for a great season!

Luv ya blue,
From one of your biggest fans!
(wrote this yesterday, but site was down when I tried posting)

I feel so much out of loop, I have so much to read my 'puter was out of commission and I just got it repaired and picked it up at 9:30 last night.

<small>[ December 01, 2002, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-02-2002, 01:02 AM
Hey y'all.

Just got back home from "Turkey Day" festivities, and I was also at the Port Isabel/Bandera game.

To the Bandera Bulldogs, y'all are a great team and we hope you do well the remainder of your season. From what I understand y'all have 20+ seniors? Keep it going, those Seniors will remember these days for the rest of their lives. We wanted Yoakum REAL bad since they had eliminated us in area the year before, but y'all get them instead. Kick their butt for us, ESPECIALLY YOU, GROOMER!!!! (he's my cousin, i'm entitled :D )

And to my beloved Port Isabel Tarpons. HOLD YOUR HEADS UP HIGH!!! Nobody in the Rio Grande Valley, let alone the entire state of Texas thought the Tarpons would do well this year. A team with only SEVEN, yes, SEVEN seniors, a handful of juniors, and a TON of sophomores did something that no one thought would be done. Port Isabel won the district title outright, and advanced to the 3rd round of the playoffs for the first time since 1996. Be proud of your accomplishments this year. In my eyes, Port Isabel football has risen from the dead. After the Pena era literally destroyed our football program, the Tarpons are now back.

To the seniors, (Loera, Jeffery, Mundo, Tony, and I know there are a few more of you) I, for one, am very proud of you all. You provided the leadership for the huge group of younger teammates, and helped put Port Isabel football back on the map. Your group, I feel, has marked the beginning of a new era of Port Isabel Tarpon football dominance. Now that it is offseason, be sure to help motivate those younger ones to be bigger, stronger, and faster than they were this year. Even though football is over, you are still leaders.

And finally, to the ALL but 7 returning lettermen on the Port Isabel football team. (Missle, Alvarez, Nieto, Frank H, WHOLE OFFENSIVE LINE to name a few) The ball is now in your hands. Get bigger, stronger, faster, meaner, tougher, you name it. Get motivated by your coaches, and the seniors, and provide leadership to the team. Your group, and the sophomore group are the most talented bunch eek! i've seen in about 8 years (yes i'm talking about MY group) and y'all are even better than we were!!! Work hard, and y'all are gonna ROCK next season. I'm already looking forward to it!!! :D

sinton66
12-02-2002, 07:53 AM
I too would like to add my congratulations for a fine season. We didn't get where we wanted to be either, but we came with what we had. I'm very proud of the Tarpons and the Pirates. You guys have enough people coming back that you should be able to build on this year. We will be in the reloading mode next year, and will have to just wait and see. LOTS of teams only wish they could have made the third round. Not too shabby at all. Good luck Tarpons, keep up the hard work, it WILL pay off.

BULLDOGFAN
12-02-2002, 09:47 AM
Congratulations to the Tarpons. It is good to see them returning to the previous champions that they were. You could see and hear the Tarpon Pride from the other side. Having alway's been seated on the Port Isable side you never really get the full impact unless you watch it from the opposing teams side. Our fans were really impressed when a full 2 hours before the game there was a line 8 times what we had. And all those players on the field were impressive.

The Port Isabel team will be something else next year. Incredible talent and good coaching is going to take them far in the future.

And for Kenny, your HARD HAT is being ordered. Was good to see you ole cousins.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-03-2002, 12:03 AM
BULLDOGFAN:
And for Kenny, your HARD HAT is being ordered. Was good to see you ole cousins.Ummmm......thanks, I think??? That's ok, i'll wear the hard hat until Bandera loses, then i'll scratch off the dawg, and put the good ol' Port Isabel pTi on it.

The Martin family was happy to get to see y'all too, Rick. But I have a question....after your son, #55 graduates, which team will you support then, huh? Hey, you won't have anything keeping you from rooting for your alma mater (Port Isabel) then!

Big Tarp 74
12-03-2002, 01:41 AM
To the Tarpons, I can not remember when I saw so much fan support. What you player may not realize, is how you united and lit a fire that had almost going out at Port Isabel. It was an honor to have watched you played. What you gave your fans came from the heart. The one thing everone saw, was no matter how hard it was, you never gave up. To the seniors leaving us this year, it was you flare for the game, and your willness to teach the younger buck the game, that took you all to greatness. You may have not won a state title, but what you all got in return can not be measured. For this year alone you had to overcome some of life greats heartbreaks. The passing of Coach V., was very hard. But if he was here, he would be smiling, not only because you beat the odds, but because, for the first time since 1994, you made a stand, and you held you heads high, you brought back the fans, and restored hope back into a community, that has been rocked hard for the last several years. What you dont see, is the little boys, saying mommy, i want to be like them one day, but guess what, i have been hearing them. This season has come to an end, but you have relit a flame, that many had thought, had gone out. Come next season, the fans will be bussing around, once again talking Tarpon football, and dreaming of that state championship. You have given the youth great hope, and the old boys stories to talk about in the coffee shop, and at church. You given the sportwriter something to talk about for a change, and in some case brought families that had famiy troubles back together again. You gave the sick, something to hope for. Many of the sick lisened into your games. They could see it just as if they were there, for that moment, their mines were not on their sickness, but rather they were enjoying a lifted heart. You the youth of Port Isabel, made this happen. For the senior, we wish you the very best in life, may your dreams come true. For the ones comming back next year, you will now need to teach the younger bucks, how to play the game. May your greatest wish and dreams come true. Just maybe, a state championship await you.

Go Big Blue! :D :D

<small>[ December 03, 2002, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: Big Tarp 74 ]</small>

PhiI C
12-03-2002, 01:51 AM
I agree and also congratulations to Port Isabel for a great season. I can sympathize with you on not being able to make the playoff games. I had to miss the last three Sinton games in the playoffs because of surgery and the doctor's orders. Fortunately there will still be other years and chances even though for us these last few games will always be the ones that got away. Anyway I know the teams knew of our support so be of good cheer.

turbostud
12-03-2002, 09:58 AM
Any of you Tarpons know how I can get some Tarpon gear(t-shirts, stickers, etc.)

Big Tarp 74
12-05-2002, 11:39 PM
Return to the 1st page.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-06-2002, 11:48 AM
turbostud:
Any of you Tarpons know how I can get some Tarpon gear(t-shirts, stickers, etc.)You can buy some Port Isabel Tarpon stuff at the Wal-Mart in Port Isabel. As far as the pTi decals go, i'm not real sure. I'll ask around.