PDA

View Full Version : Wharton (5-2, 1-0) at Bellville (5-2, 1-0)

Scoop27
10-10-2015, 02:33 PM
Early district lead at stake

PurplePop
10-10-2015, 06:34 PM
Don't know what to think about this one. Two good teams either of which could make the region III finals (unless they're both on WOS side of bracket). Both have two losses to quality teams. Both lost to undefeated Stafford, which (come to think of it) makes me wonder why there isn't more Stafford chatter. I'll go with Bellville at home by 1. Basically a toss up.

Roughneck93
10-10-2015, 09:18 PM
Don't know what to think about this one. Two good teams either of which could make the region III finals (unless they're both on WOS side of bracket). Both have two losses to quality teams. Both lost to undefeated Stafford, which (come to think of it) makes me wonder why there isn't more Stafford chatter. I'll go with Bellville at home by 1. Basically a toss up.

Stafford might very well win District 12.

Scoop27
10-12-2015, 07:49 PM
Brahma fans-What is your take on this game?
Wharton put up 42 points on Lamar Consolidated two weeks ago and 49 points on Columbus this past Friday.
Brahmas are coming off an impressive win over Brookshire-Royal

OLE'BULL
10-13-2015, 06:49 AM
The Brahmas are playing good football right now. That being said, we have had a fairly easy last 3 weeks. I was hoping that gave us time to heal up, but we are still pretty banged up. I was going to check this afternoon with my local source to see who all was still fighting injuries and then make a firmer prediction. Either way it amazes me what Rowe has been able to do with the injuries and other issues. The returning district MVP was kicked off the team early in the year, our HM All State DE was kicked off a couple weeks after that, and our other DE who was a 4 year starter was lost for the year a few weeks ago with an injury. Couple all of that with the other nicks and bruises and I'm surprised we were able to field a competitive team some weeks! Last time I talked with Rowe he said it's the old "next man up" approach and every single player on the team is preparing like they could be playing a whole game. Wharton is tough and there is no doubt the District Championship is being played at the Pasture of Pain this Friday night. Go Bulls!

maestro
10-14-2015, 05:26 AM
Might be the best game this Friday

The Bull #40
10-14-2015, 05:09 PM
Brahma fans-What is your take on this game?
Wharton put up 42 points on Lamar Consolidated two weeks ago and 49 points on Columbus this past Friday.
Brahmas are coming off an impressive win over Brookshire-Royal

Sccop, I think it's going to be a close one - much like the nail biter last year (which was one of the best endings to a HS football game I've ever seen)! It's going to be interesting to see how Bellville's D handles what seems to be a high-powered offense in Wharton. All I can say is, I'm glad this one is at The Pasture of Pain!

Scoop27
10-14-2015, 06:33 PM
Webcast
http://www.96country.com/

OLE'BULL
10-17-2015, 07:35 AM
Wharton was every bit as advertised, but not enough for the Brahma rushing attack that peeled of 395 yards on the ground. We have found a diamond in the rough, a kid named Stallones who was moved up from the JV and ran for 231 yards on 21 carries. Wharton was able to throw at will and has speed to burn. That game was everything I imagined it would be and the good guys came out on top. The Bulls will roll on to another district title assuming something strange doesn't happen. Not putting the cart before the horse, just stating facts. Way to go Brahmas!

PurplePop
10-17-2015, 08:12 AM
It sounds like it's time for WOS to start scouting the Brahmas.

maestro
10-17-2015, 11:48 AM
Once again wharton's defense fails to stop a committed rushing attack. Five turnovers for Wharton also.