PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell @ La Grange

Pudlugger
10-10-2015, 01:30 PM
Game two for D11 this Friday at Leopard Stadium. featuring a stout Hornet team and a Leopard team that has gotten back on track after two lackluster performances before blowing out Smithville last night. The Leps have been able to handle the Hornets at home in recent years and this year should be no different. LG by 17.

PappaFeelGood
10-10-2015, 10:07 PM
LEPS let the handy pansy Smithville Tigers stick around for two quarters. They best not do that this week as the Hornets will not crater like Sville.
La Grange continues their winning way and rolls to a 14 point victory.

Pudlugger
10-11-2015, 07:59 AM
LEPS let the handy pansy Smithville Tigers stick around for two quarters. They best not do that this week as the Hornets will not crater like Sville.
La Grange continues their winning way and rolls to a 14 point victory.

The Lep D has been pretty sloppy on pass coverage the past three weeks since the decent performance against Taylor. It seemed the secondary picked up the pace and the D line got their rush going in the second half last Friday. That is what they need to do for 48 minutes against spread teams that like to toss the football. I think the Leps have passed through their mid season slump and will roll from here on out. Getting a loss in a ND game in Fredericksburg and a scare from Yoakum seems to have shaken their confidence some but from what i saw in the second half in Smithville they appear to be bqack on track. Caldwell throws the ball some and have good athletes so this game will be another hurdle to get to the DC. Our linebackers are some of the best in their division and should step up Friday to lead the defense to victory. Go leps!

Pudlugger
10-15-2015, 07:35 AM
Not many Caldwell posters these days on the Downlow. A few years back the Hornets were one of the top 3a teams in the state. Lately they have been slowly gaining momentum and this season they are looking pretty salty. They beat a strong Mexia team by 4 points 49-45 two weeks ago. They score big averaging 45 points/game but give up an average of 33 points/game with a 4-3 record. LG's offense should put up plenty of points against the Hornets so it will come down to the defense getting 2 or 3 stops to get the win. This will be a high scoring game.

WOS1
10-15-2015, 09:12 PM
A few years back the Hornets were one of the top 3a teams in the state.

When was this?

Pudlugger
10-16-2015, 06:09 AM
Iirc 2004-5

1st and goal
10-16-2015, 10:12 PM
Caldwell beats Lagrange 37-35

d0tc0m
10-16-2015, 11:14 PM
Sheesh. What happened in this one? Caldwell may be up-and-coming or whatever, but, my goodness, this is not a game the Leopards should be losing.

hookandladder
10-17-2015, 06:18 AM
La Grange a bit overrated because of Dobbins, you stop him on offense or say slow him down you have a good chance to beat LG. Pass defense has always been a weak link for LG, LG has lost some quality players the last few years on both sides of the ball. This team is most likely a year away from being able to make a serious playoff run, getting beat up front on both sides of the LOS. Still will be a good year, great coaching staff that will prepare the kids to play each week. You can only do so much with the talent you have at this level.

lostaussie
10-17-2015, 06:59 AM
Twice in the past few weeks LaGrange posters have picked double digit wins. How is that working for y'all?

1st and goal
10-17-2015, 08:26 AM
Listening to KBUK, apparently Caldwell has a blue chipper player too, and a good supporting cast.

Yoe_09
10-17-2015, 10:58 AM
Caldwell must has really figured something out. Earlier in the seaosn they lost to a bad Madisonville team and got crushed by a pretty good 3A Teague team. However, they come back and beat Rockdale, Mexia, and now La Grange. Mexia has beaten Teague.

WOS1
10-17-2015, 07:10 PM
Looks like a 2nd round match up with WOS looming. I know LG fans won't be ready to concede 3rd place yet, but the reality is that it's, more than likely, how this district will shake out.

Saggy Aggie
10-17-2015, 09:03 PM
La Grange a bit overrated because of Dobbins, you stop him on offense or say slow him down you have a good chance to beat LG. Pass defense has always been a weak link for LG, LG has lost some quality players the last few years on both sides of the ball. This team is most likely a year away from being able to make a serious playoff run, getting beat up front on both sides of the LOS. Still will be a good year, great coaching staff that will prepare the kids to play each week. You can only do so much with the talent you have at this level.
Wait, I thought this was yalls year???

WOS1
10-17-2015, 11:15 PM
Iirc 2004-5

2004- 10-2 lost in 2nd round
2005- 4-6

hookandladder
10-18-2015, 06:13 AM

Here you go saggy talking **** already, never said this was LG year, I have said before and I will say it again . JK Dobbins is the real deal, never said anything about this is the year for LG as a team. At least these kids are actually on the field playing the game not in the stands watching like some quitters we all know, wink, wink.

Pudlugger
10-18-2015, 06:56 AM
2005- 4-6

Well I said if I remember correctly WOS1. Perhaps since you seem to have the data at your fingertips you can look it up. They ran the slot T and did so with authority. Maybe it was in 2007-8. Anyway it appears they can run the Spread pretty darn good now as well.

WOS1
10-18-2015, 10:09 AM
Not trying to pick a fight there, Pud. Just never knew Caldwell to be a state power. Thought I may have missed something. We played them in 2008 when they ran the Slot T. So now they are running spread?

WOS1
10-18-2015, 10:15 AM
It appears they are missing "Hutch" more than they want to admit.

hookandladder
10-18-2015, 01:05 PM
Saggy, Saggy. Losers like you can make **** up all day, what a pitiful life you must have. Lol.

coach
10-19-2015, 01:21 PM
2005- 4-6

Lead by a stud in Kevin McManus

Leopardfan202
10-19-2015, 03:37 PM
This was a awesome game..many times the qb for Caldwell threw it up for grabs and his wrs came up with them..this game could of went ether way