PDA

View Full Version : Wylie at Brownwood

ccmom
10-10-2015, 10:10 AM
Might as well get it started. Brownwood is 1-0 in district play after a convincing win over Stephenville. Wylie is coming off an open week.

Wylie is 6-1 vs Brownwood since they have been in the same classification, with their only loss coming to the 2010 Brownwood team. I'm thinking the only team who has "had their number" more than Wylie over recent years is Stephenville, and they will be flying high after shutting the Jackets down and looking to do the same to Wylie. Could be a dangerous week for the Dawgs to go to GW Stadium...or Wylie just might hush the home crowd again. I can't wait to find out!!

I'm thinking this might be one of the more competitive games we have seen between the two in quite some time. I'm excited about this one!

Bosqueville
10-10-2015, 10:40 AM
Bwd by 14. I say close until the 4th.

Rocket
10-10-2015, 11:25 AM
Might as well get it started. Brownwood is 1-0 in district play after a convincing win over Stephenville. Wylie is coming off an open week.

Wylie is 6-1 vs Brownwood since they have been in the same classification, with their only loss coming to the 2010 Brownwood team. I'm thinking the only team who has "had their number" more than Wylie over recent years is Stephenville, and they will be flying high after shutting the Jackets down and looking to do the same to Wylie. Could be a dangerous week for the Dawgs to go to GW Stadium...or Wylie just might hush the home crowd again. I can't wait to find out!!

I'm thinking this might be one of the more competitive games we have seen between the two in quite some time. I'm excited about this one!

Don't forget Brownwood was Co-district champs in 2009 and District Champs in 2010. Should be a great game! This is the one game I wish I could be at. I will have to wait to see Brownwood play against that one team that used to make a little noise...Snyder? yeah, that's them.

slingshot
10-10-2015, 11:36 AM
Nothing but respect for this Brownwood team and job Coach Howard has done preparing them week in and week out. Have been saying all along that the Lion's JR class is for real and have been since 7th grade. They just decided to pony up a year early. That being said, Wylie will provide a challenge they have not seen the likes of this year. The best Defense they will face, prob all year. Excellent coaching that has had an extra week to prepare. A big, physical O-line that now has its best player back. Wylie will not put up 50 points but will not need to... Wylie 28--Brownwood 21.

Rocket
10-10-2015, 11:41 AM
Nothing but respect for this Brownwood team and job Coach Howard has done preparing them week in and week out. Have been saying all along that the Lion's JR class is for real and have been since 7th grade. They just decided to pony up a year early. That being said, Wylie will provide a challenge they have not seen the likes of this year. The best Defense they will face, prob all year. Excellent coaching that has had an extra week to prepare. A big, physical O-line that now has its best player back. Wylie will not put up 50 points but will not need to... Wylie 28--Brownwood 21.

Yeah I think it could be close for sure. Should be a game for the ages. Wylie always brings the fundamentally sound game plan and the execution. These are 2 things that are tough to beat. I think Brownwood's defense is the difference in this one. Brownwood's offense will keep chipping away until they make a run deep in the third. If Brownwood gets a 14 point lead before halftime, it will get gross in the second half. My prediction is Brownwood 28 Wylie 17.

briandumith*
10-10-2015, 12:09 PM
This might be the game of the week.. I think the Wylie D will be the difference.. Brownwood might have problems scoring... Question is this .. Has Wylie's QB adressed his accuracy problems? .. If so then I see Wylie with a double possession win.. If not then 3 points either way...IMO

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

clcannon17
10-10-2015, 12:24 PM

Winner gets the district crown, and an easy bidistrict game, so there's alot at stake.

bearbear78
10-10-2015, 12:35 PM
If Wylie has all the starters back and healthy it's gonna be tough for the lions.

clcannon17
10-10-2015, 12:40 PM
If Wylie has all the starters back and healthy it's gonna be tough for the lions.

Doesn't really matter, Sandifer is a good enough coach to make it a tough game. Nothing against Howard, but if this game comes down to coaching, Wylie will win. If it comes down to talent, I'll take Brownwood.

Sville
10-10-2015, 12:42 PM
I believe Wylie is the best team in the district and I predict 35-21 Bulldog win.

bearbear78
10-10-2015, 12:42 PM
3-5 starters down matters. Wylie has still been tough regardless but in this game they need the starters.

Sville
10-10-2015, 01:03 PM
Since this game is in Bwood I think I will come see it. The question is which side to sit on.

slingshot
10-10-2015, 04:42 PM
Since this game is in Bwood I think I will come see it. The question is which side to sit on.Come to the light... stay away from the dark side. They may run you out of Stephenville if they find out you sat on Brownwood's side!

slingshot
10-10-2015, 04:46 PM
3-5 starters down matters. Wylie has still been tough regardless but in this game they need the starters.3 of our 5 injured starters will be back--as close to full strength as we've been all season. Should be a great game... VERY evenly matched. I believe the crucial matchup will be our O-line against Brownwood's D-line. Winner of that war wins the game.

91 lion
10-10-2015, 06:45 PM
Bwd 24
Wylie 22

toddg
10-10-2015, 07:07 PM
Bwd 24
Wylie 22
im thinking Wylie +/-21

slingshot
10-10-2015, 10:49 PM
2 best teams in Div 1 Reg 1?

toddg
10-10-2015, 11:08 PM
2 best teams in Div 1 Reg 1?
At the moment, it appears so..MW and Decatur are teams on the rise..and there is always Graham getting it going at some point...and I wouldn't count out the Jackets just yet..AW and BWD going for that all important #1 seed in playoffs makes this game feel like a playoff game.. the atmosphere will certainly be that way.

LionFan72
10-10-2015, 11:44 PM
Much deserved respect to Abilene Wylie Bullpups, Sandifer and preparation are one word, but i have to say the Lions take this one in a squeaker, 30-28. The young Lions are gaining footing and strength every game. Gonna be a slobberknocker, lots of action, lots of attention!

slingshot
10-11-2015, 12:28 AM
We should bring a big and boisterous crowd--have already talked to a lot of Wylie faithful that are going, everyone seems to think this will be for the district championship. I had forgot about Decatur--sounds like they may be pretty salty too.

91 lion
10-11-2015, 07:50 AM
im thinking Wylie +/-21

Wouldn't expect anything less from you Todd ;)

Eagle 1
10-11-2015, 06:42 PM
Bwd by 14. I say close until the 4th.

Plus 1

toddg
10-11-2015, 06:57 PM
Much deserved respect to Abilene Wylie Bullpups, Sandifer and preparation are one word, but i have to say the Lions take this one in a squeaker, 30-28. The young Lions are gaining footing and strength every game. Gonna be a slobberknocker, lots of action, lots of attention!

isnt anything better than "slobberknocker" football!!

hollywood
10-11-2015, 07:18 PM
As much as I'd like the Wood to win, Wylie will be too strong. They are always big, strong and disciplined. If a down Stephenville team can give this year's version of the Lions a game (until that 95+ yard TD run ;)) Wylie should be able to handle the Lions. We shall see. Hoping for a Lion win but unfortunely I think the Bulldogs win 35-21

Bosqueville
10-11-2015, 09:15 PM
Not sure you've picked a BW game right yet.. Wait, maybe Burkburnett..

ccmom
10-11-2015, 09:22 PM
As much as I'd like the Wood to win, Wylie will be too strong. They are always big, strong and disciplined. If a down Stephenville team can give this year's version of the Lions a game (until that 95+ yard TD run ;)) Wylie should be able to handle the Lions. We shall see. Hoping for a Lion win but unfortunely I think the Bulldogs win 35-21

That prediction just might be the kiss of the death!! Eek!

BwdLions
10-11-2015, 09:31 PM
This should be a good one. Sorry I'll miss it. My prediction is Lions 28 Bulldogs 21.

Bosqueville
10-11-2015, 09:33 PM
Man I wish I could go to this one and man I wish I had Underwood's receipts for Friday!!

THE BEAST
10-11-2015, 10:08 PM
This will be a great game. The team with the least mistakes will likely win this one. Im not real sure what to Wylie in the LH game and honestly it doesnt matter. Cant wait until Friday.

BEAST

THE BEAST
10-11-2015, 10:11 PM

Couple of things......

1) It was a 97 yard TD run
2) You guys really didnt give us that much of a game. Anyone that was there could tell who the better team was very quickly. Your team played their guts out. That is typically what this rivalry has been about.
3) Please keep picking against us.

BEAST

panfan
10-11-2015, 10:14 PM
Having played both teams, AW takes this one. 34-28.

THE BEAST
10-11-2015, 10:28 PM
Having played both teams, AW takes this one. 34-28.

Thats rather odd. We beat you guys 38-28. You guys beat AW 13-6. And you pick them? Fair enough for sure. Wylie is a great foe. Itll be a fantastic game.

BEAST

panfan
10-12-2015, 08:24 AM
Thats rather odd. We beat you guys 38-28. You guys beat AW 13-6. And you pick them? Fair enough for sure. Wylie is a great foe. Itll be a fantastic game.

BEAST
Like I said, having played both..... I think AW is the better team. BWOOD capitalized on a bunch of LH turnovers. Without those Imo, LH wins. AW coughed up the ball and we capitalized on their turnovers. Without that score was 7-6 and who knows what would have happened. The wood will be tough but Not enough to take the W in this upcoming contest.

Rocket
10-12-2015, 11:24 AM
im thinking Wylie +/-21

Based on? Are you saying Brownwood's defense can't keep it close? You understand they only scored 6 points on Liberty Hill right? :rolleyes:

Rocket
10-12-2015, 11:28 AM
Like I said, having played both..... I think AW is the better team. BWOOD capitalized on a bunch of LH turnovers. Without those Imo, LH wins. AW coughed up the ball and we capitalized on their turnovers. Without that score was 7-6 and who knows what would have happened. The wood will be tough but Not enough to take the W in this upcoming contest.

I can't wait for Friday night.

Rocket
10-12-2015, 11:37 AM

LOL
Let's see here.
1. It was homecoming night. Jackets played their guts out to keep it close and they did, for a half.
2. They had 2 weeks to prepare for Brownwood. (still sucked)
3. They scored 1 TD. After that, they GOT NOTHING. See #1.

If anything, Brownwood and Abilene Wylie are evenly matched. If Wylie had beaten Liberty Hill, I would agree with the logic. Wylie is having problems on offense. Their defense is good. Brownwood is putting up big numbers and consistently stopping teams.
We have 2 opponents in common. Graham and LH. Brownwood was still a young pup when they beat Graham in the nailbiter, but they did win. Brownwood made LH their whipping boy. And now, a month later, Brownwood has some things figured out and is ready to rise to the occasion at their home field. It will be a close one, but you weirdos on here picking 21 point differences need to quit smoking crap.

Ville-D
10-12-2015, 03:29 PM
Close at half. Bulldogs by bit in the end. :smoker:

Indians212
10-12-2015, 03:54 PM
Based on? Are you saying Brownwood's defense can't keep it close? You understand they only scored 6 points on Liberty Hill right? :rolleyes:

Rocket look closely Toddg is playing both sides of the fence. Calm down you will get your chance Friday. I've been to more Brownwood games than you this year (2). The wood still couldn't beat Alvarado. I do pick wood to win Friday at home 35-21.:2thumbsup

slingshot
10-12-2015, 04:07 PM
Brownwood has a good team and may win... they will not score 35 points. With the extra week to prepare Coach Martin will have the D ready for whatever the Lions can bring. Suspect this one will be much lower scoring than most think.

Indians212
10-12-2015, 04:16 PM
Brownwood has a good team and may win... they will not score 35 points. With the extra week to prepare Coach Martin will have the D ready for whatever the Lions can bring. Suspect this one will be much lower scoring than most think.

That's a long drive to Brownwood. I still say it's 35-21. Liberty Hill has a good D and they scored 38:2thumbsup

toddg
10-12-2015, 04:16 PM
based on a mathematical formula first discovered when Marshall, Will, and Holly stumbled upon on it scribbled on a wall in the lost city infested by sleestacks on their routine expedition..I merged it with the purple and gold theory and took points off for the presence of maroon...thus the +\- 21 prediction..we will see if it's accuracy is true to form..

91 lion
10-12-2015, 04:20 PM
based on a mathematical formula first discovered when Marshall, Will, and Holly stumbled upon on it scribbled on a wall in the lost city infested by sleestacks on their routine expedition..I merged it with the purple and gold theory and took points off for the presence of maroon...thus the +\- 21 prediction..we will see if it's accuracy is true to form..

someone, please check that man's temperature.....

panfan
10-12-2015, 04:25 PM
LOL
Let's see here.
1. It was homecoming night. Jackets played their guts out to keep it close and they did, for a half.
2. They had 2 weeks to prepare for Brownwood. (still sucked)
3. They scored 1 TD. After that, they GOT NOTHING. See #1.

If anything, Brownwood and Abilene Wylie are evenly matched. If Wylie had beaten Liberty Hill, I would agree with the logic. Wylie is having problems on offense. Their defense is good. Brownwood is putting up big numbers and consistently stopping teams.
We have 2 opponents in common. Graham and LH. Brownwood was still a young pup when they beat Graham in the nailbiter, but they did win. Brownwood made LH their whipping boy. And now, a month later, Brownwood has some things figured out and is ready to rise to the occasion at their home field. It will be a close one, but you weirdos on here picking 21 point differences need to quit smoking crap.
If you call having the ball gift wrapped to you for all but one score and several of those in our own thirty the wood doing anything special, then I think you be the one smoking Crack, bro!

Rocket
10-12-2015, 04:47 PM
If you call having the ball gift wrapped to you for all but one score and several of those in our own thirty the wood doing anything special, then I think you be the one smoking Crack, bro!

That is why I can't wait until Friday night. We will see..
LH is Brownwood's whipping boy.

toddg
10-12-2015, 05:04 PM
someone, please check that man's temperature.....
I took some flintstone vitamins..don't feel any better, but, curiously able to stop my car with my feet!!

Indians212
10-12-2015, 05:31 PM
That is why I can't wait until Friday night. We will see..
LH is Brownwood's whipping boy.

They use the same theory as Brownwood Stephenville and Abilene Wylie use. You beat us but then We are still better than you.:taunt:

ccmom
10-12-2015, 05:38 PM
Whatever happened to the good ole minitron at GW? Maybe it's been gone a while, but I just noticed when we were there for an 8th grade game earlier this season. Garcia had lots of fun with that little darlin'. ;)

slingshot
10-12-2015, 05:38 PM
They use the same theory as Brownwood Stephenville and Abilene Wylie use. You beat us but then We are still better than you.:taunt:Hey--leave us out of this!

hollywood
10-12-2015, 05:50 PM
Brownwood's passing game isn't that strong. They can run the ball. Both RB's and the QB are very good runners. But if they can't pass that well.. Sandifer and company will be bringing the heat. Good luck to both. I may be at this game since the Jackets are in Snyder.

BwdLion73
10-12-2015, 06:16 PM
Whatever happened to the good ole minitron at GW? Maybe it's been gone a while, but I just noticed when we were there for an 8th grade game earlier this season. Garcia had lots of fun with that little darlin'. ;)

I think one of the tubes went out. Hard to find a T.V. repairman now days.

toddg
10-12-2015, 06:26 PM
LOL!!! hard to find tubes these days

ccmom
10-12-2015, 07:49 PM

:clap: :clap:

91 lion
10-12-2015, 08:00 PM
:clap: :clap:

I hear they have 50" flat screens at Walmart for around $200....someone needs to contact the boosters to get us up to date ;)

ccmom
10-12-2015, 08:46 PM
I hear they have 50" flat screens at Walmart for around $200....someone needs to contact the boosters to get us up to date ;)

LOL...all kidding aside, I do like attending games there. I appreciate the history and the atmosphere is always electric. I'm looking forward to Friday.

THE BEAST
10-12-2015, 09:44 PM
Brownwood's passing game isn't that strong. They can run the ball. Both RB's and the QB are very good runners. But if they can't pass that well.. Sandifer and company will be bringing the heat. Good luck to both. I may be at this game since the Jackets are in Snyder.

It wasnt that strong against you guys. But we rushed for between 300-400 I think. So, it didnt really need to be.

BEAST

hollywood
10-12-2015, 09:48 PM
It wasnt that strong against you guys. But we rushed for between 300-400 I think. So, it didnt really need to be.

BEAST

Exactly. Run into a team that is good at containing the run.. it will be very challenging. Wylie will be the toughest D the Lions have faced so far. I honesty think the Lions could win this game.. Just not sold yet on how good they are yet. This Friday should tell us more.

slingshot
10-12-2015, 09:49 PM
If you're going to beat us--you will have to mix it up. Martin is too good of a defensive coach to be one dimensional against, especially with the talent he has at his disposal this year. It is true that our offense has struggled at times and looked fantastic at times. If we struggle on O this week we lose. I don't think we struggle this week...

THE BEAST
10-12-2015, 09:52 PM
If you're going to beat us--you will have to mix it up. Martin is too good of a defensive coach to be one dimensional against, especially with the talent he has at his disposal this year. It is true that our offense has struggled at times and looked fantastic at times. If we struggle on O this week we lose. I don't think we struggle this week...

Contrary to Hollywoods expert opinion on a team that just humbled his team, we can mix it up no problem. Our D is much stronger now than in weeks past and the team continues to get better every week. It will be a good showdown of 2 really good teams.

BEAST

toddg
10-12-2015, 09:53 PM
Team healthy?

slingshot
10-12-2015, 09:56 PM
I suspect the starting lineups will be very equal... maybe even an edge to Brownwood. Where we have a big advantage is depth. In a very physical game like this one is shaping up to be that could be huge in the 4th quarter. We've been pointing to this game since two a days. Suspect the Lions have too. Can't wait.

slingshot
10-12-2015, 09:59 PM
Team healthy?

As healthy as we are going to be. Lost our 6'3", 300 lb road grader for the season, but got our best cover corner back for the first time since opening week. Got another starting lineman back after 4 weeks out. We're ready, no excuses.

toddg
10-12-2015, 10:14 PM
As healthy as we are going to be. Lost our 6'3", 300 lb road grader for the season, but got our best cover corner back for the first time since opening week. Got another starting lineman back after 4 weeks out. We're ready, no excuses.
AW OLine knows how to handle ankle grabbers fo sho! as with all games, win the trenches, you win the game.

bobcat1
10-12-2015, 10:24 PM
AW OLine knows how to handle ankle grabbers fo sho! as with all games, win the trenches, you win the game.

Not ankle twisting again???? I thought Schneider Tiggers were the only team still doing that?

slingshot
10-13-2015, 08:09 AM
Love this kind of game. One of our players told me "This is why you do off season workouts, why you run and lift and go to camps in the summer while your friends are going to the lake and goofing off". Thousands of hours of hard work and prep by both teams getting ready... come on Friday night!

THE BEAST
10-13-2015, 09:34 PM
Love this kind of game. One of our players told me "This is why you do off season workouts, why you run and lift and go to camps in the summer while your friends are going to the lake and goofing off". Thousands of hours of hard work and prep by both teams getting ready... come on Friday night!

True statement right there. Brownwood started a few years ago with a new sense of urgency in regards to the weights and hardcore offseason etc. Its what leads you to this. This is gonna be a great game.

BEAST

slingshot
10-14-2015, 09:16 AM
Great write up... especially for Brownwood! http://www.reporternews.com/sports/gofridaynight/wylie-expecting-dog-fight-at-brownwood_01443362

football crazy
10-14-2015, 11:41 AM
Great write up... especially for Brownwood! http://www.reporternews.com/sports/gofridaynight/wylie-expecting-dog-fight-at-brownwood_01443362

Coach Sandifer is a class act

slingshot
10-14-2015, 12:26 PM
Coach Sandifer is a class actI thought it was pretty cool that he stated he patterned Wylie's program on long standing successful programs like Brownwood and Stephenville. Funny Coach Sandifer story: years ago my oldest son was running anchor leg on the 8th grade sprint relay team (he just turned 23 yesterday... ) at the district meet. He and the 3rd leg bobbled the handoff and dropped the baton. He picked it up and finished last. When he crossed the finish line he threw the baton on the track in frustration. Coach Sandifer was walking across the track at the same time, I was on the infield stretching some of the kids and thought "Uh Oh, this is not going to end well". Coach Sandifer walked over, picked up the baton and walked up and handed it to my son. Instead of balling him out royally in front of everyone he just just calmly said "You're a Wylie Bulldog, you've got to act like it!". He went on and told him he understood his frustration and was glad he did not like losing and to use this as motivation to do better next time. Made a huge positive impression on a very impressionable 14 year old...

Rocket
10-14-2015, 12:38 PM
Coach Sandifer is a class act

Yes sir

eagles_victory
10-14-2015, 01:38 PM
ABW Anyone but Wylie...

slingshot
10-14-2015, 01:58 PM
abw anyone but wylie...
ok.... ?

Gen.Pat
10-14-2015, 08:19 PM
Wood by 14.

Bosqueville
10-15-2015, 10:04 AM
Wood by 14.

:iagree:

injuredinmelee
10-15-2015, 02:55 PM
Graham scored almost at will against bwood. That being said I think bwood wins because they will be faster and stronger, especially upfront.

toddg
10-15-2015, 03:12 PM
Graham scored almost at will against bwood. That being said I think bwood wins because they will be faster and stronger, especially upfront.
now, i really think Wylie wins!!!

solocam
10-15-2015, 03:12 PM
Wylie by 7

injuredinmelee
10-15-2015, 03:16 PM
now, i really think Wylie wins!!!
I just cant picture us outscoring Bwood with an offense that is prone to inconsistency. Hopefully I am wrong.

toddg
10-15-2015, 03:23 PM
I just cant picture us outscoring Bwood with an offense that is prone to inconsistency. Hopefully I am wrong.

its easy, just play solid D and play "blind squirrel find a nut" offense!!

THE BEAST
10-15-2015, 07:43 PM

We've come a long was since then.

BEAST

slingshot
10-15-2015, 09:40 PM
We've come a long was since then.

BEASTAgreed. I think Brownwood will be very similiar to Argyle. I also suspect Wylie will be the best defense the Lions will have faced this year. I may be mistaken but I think we have held every opponent so far to a season low in scoring. Our offense is 'inconsistent' as some have pointed out. Our defense is very consistent. Will be a low scoring game... if Brownwood gets rolling on offense it could be a very long night for the Bulldogs. After thinking it over for a few days I still have to go with my team in a low scoring slobberknocker, just lower scoring than I originally predicted: Wylie 21--Brownwood 17.

slingshot
10-15-2015, 09:43 PM
Also, as my Brownwood friend said, this is probably just the appetizer for the rematch in December...

Bosqueville
10-15-2015, 09:55 PM
Bwd Freshmen 16 Wylie 12
B team Wylie 12 Bwd 6

ccmom
10-15-2015, 10:11 PM
Bwd Freshmen 16 Wylie 12
B team Wylie 12 Bwd 6

Now you're just lying! :taunt: It was 14-12 but yep the Lions won.

Bosqueville
10-15-2015, 10:18 PM
Now you're just lying! :taunt: It was 14-12 but yep the Lions won.

That's what I get for relying on my half interested mother..

LionFan72
10-15-2015, 10:21 PM
On the eve of Game of the Week, let the slobberknockin begin! Safe travels, should be electric!

Hollyville
10-16-2015, 09:31 AM
Going to bleed maroon on this one and say Lions by 17. Go Lions!!!!

nobogey72
10-16-2015, 09:33 AM
Can't wait for this one. I think the key is going to be (1). obviously turnovers and (2) who can tackle the best in space. Both teams have big strong QB's that are going to get their yards, and RB;s that are going to get theirs, but how well we can keep C Howard from making big plays, by tackling well, and how well B'Wood tackles a couple of slippery backs that we have will be key. This will be the first time Brownwood gets a chance to see our little Soph RB that doesn't get that many carries out of the backfield due to his size (150), but when he gets the ball in space he is like trying to eat jello with chopsticks. Very, very quick feet. I just wish Pocket Rocket was going to be there so I could roll him and steal his wallet.

Rocket
10-16-2015, 09:43 AM

What's the catch?????? I guess you finally got stung by a Yellowjacket.

Rocket
10-16-2015, 09:48 AM
Can't wait for this one. I think the key is going to be (1). obviously turnovers and (2) who can tackle the best in space. Both teams have big strong QB's that are going to get their yards, and RB;s that are going to get theirs, but how well we can keep C Howard from making big plays, by tackling well, and how well B'Wood tackles a couple of slippery backs that we have will be key. This will be the first time Brownwood gets a chance to see our little Soph RB that doesn't get that many carries out of the backfield due to his size (150), but when he gets the ball in space he is like trying to eat jello with chopsticks. Very, very quick feet. I just wish Pocket Rocket was going to be there so I could roll him and steal his wallet.

If you think stopping C Howard is the key to stopping Brownwood, you need to catch up. Our big Sophomore RB hasn't really been turned loose yet. I know it's going to be a war, but I won't be surprised if this thing turns ugly like you in the mirror. I do think it will be a close one because Wylie always comes to play. If Liberty Hill can tackle them, I think Brownwood can manage. Lol

I know you love me, nobogey. Just make sure you take your bath for the month before heading this way so they won't have to hose down the press box with bleach like they did last time you were there.

Bosqueville
10-16-2015, 10:21 AM
"like you look in the mirror"

:fnypost:

nobogey72
10-16-2015, 10:38 AM
If you think stopping C Howard is the key to stopping Brownwood, you need to catch up. Our big Sophomore RB hasn't really been turned loose yet. I know it's going to be a war, but I won't be surprised if this thing turns ugly like you in the mirror. I do think it will be a close one because Wylie always comes to play. If Liberty Hill can tackle them, I think Brownwood can manage. Lol

I know you love me, nobogey. Just make sure you take your bath for the month before heading this way so they won't have to hose down the press box with bleach like they did last time you were there.

READ my post numb-nuts. I said both teams QB's and RB's are going to get their yards. I didn't say all we had to do was stop Conner H. I don't think we are going to STOP Conner H. But, making some open field tackles and keeping him from turning 15-20 gains into TD's will be critical. What are you doing tonight? Is there a big tractor-pull in Hobbs that you are going to? Or, maybe the fair is in town? I'm guessing that you are going to the fair. I've heard you really like corny dogs!!!!!

toddg
10-16-2015, 10:57 AM

If this game turns ugly, it will be in Wylie's favor, because they will find that the lion offense isnt the best they have faced so far this season..and the bulldogs are patient enough to grind this one out, if need be...if its close,,Wylie 14-6

slingshot
10-16-2015, 11:16 AM
I just hope both teams come out of the game healthy... no matter the outcome. We can't tolerate many more key injuries and Brownwood does not have the depth to sustain any. Both teams likely have deep playoff runs ahead and staying healthy at this point is paramount.

Rocket
10-16-2015, 11:17 AM
If this game turns ugly, it will be in Wylie's favor, because they will find that the lion offense isnt the best they have faced so far this season..and the bulldogs are patient enough to grind this one out, if need be...if its close,,Wylie 14-6

#screenshot

Rocket
10-16-2015, 11:18 AM
I just hope both teams come out of the game healthy... no matter the outcome. We can't tolerate many more key injuries and Brownwood does not have the depth to sustain any. Both teams likely have deep playoff runs ahead and staying healthy at this point is paramount.

Agreed.

Rocket
10-16-2015, 11:21 AM
READ my post numb-nuts. I said both teams QB's and RB's are going to get their yards. I didn't say all we had to do was stop Conner H. I don't think we are going to STOP Conner H. But, making some open field tackles and keeping him from turning 15-20 gains into TD's will be critical. What are you doing tonight? Is there a big tractor-pull in Hobbs that you are going to? Or, maybe the fair is in town? I'm guessing that you are going to the fair. I've heard you really like corny dogs!!!!!

Does this mean you are going to take a shower today or not? I wonder what the over-under is on that.
I never read other people's posts. I just find things in the posts and react.

I have to be on a plane tomorrow morning in Midland or I would be there. You will be ok without seeing me. If we meet again in the playoffs, I will be there.

Bosqueville
10-16-2015, 11:33 AM

6 points??? Put down the pipe.

nobogey72
10-16-2015, 11:40 AM
Does this mean you are going to take a shower today or not? I wonder what the over-under is on that.
I never read other people's posts. I just find things in the posts and react.

I have to be on a plane tomorrow morning in Midland or I would be there. You will be ok without seeing me. If we meet again in the playoffs, I will be there.

Why can't you drive to Brownwood and then go to Midland after the game? Some fan you are. I still think the Hobbs county fair is in town tonight and you don't want to miss it.

toddg
10-16-2015, 11:52 AM
6 points??? Put down the pipe. i know, i know..kinda like all those "Brownwood Big" predictions before our game with them..

91 lion
10-16-2015, 12:02 PM

!!! :) !!!

Rocket
10-16-2015, 12:35 PM
i know, i know..kinda like all those "Brownwood Big" predictions before our game with them..

Get over it, already. Are there not any Alvarado threads to go post on? Brownwood vs. Wylie has nothing to do with Alvarado.

Rocket
10-16-2015, 12:38 PM
Why can't you drive to Brownwood and then go to Midland after the game? Some fan you are. I still think the Hobbs county fair is in town tonight and you don't want to miss it.

I don't have to explain myself to you. LOL You have more important things to worry about like the advantages of indoor plumbing. Look into it.

Red Carpet
10-16-2015, 12:38 PM
Todd....do you realize that no one ever really responds to you. Not trying to be rude, just didn't know if you were aware or not. Nobody on this thread gives a crap about the Alvorado game anymore.

toddg
10-16-2015, 01:12 PM
Get over it, already. Are there not any Alvarado threads to go post on? Brownwood vs. Wylie has nothing to do with Alvarado.
it doesnt..but,you are apparantly still bothered about it though..you get over it! My opinion on this game is based on what i saw when BWD played us..where were you last year when the lions were plodding through another mediocre season? we were 1-5 at this point last year, and i was still here talking Alvarado football and i will continue talking wherever and on whatever thread i am interested in! but im glad im getting under your skin! impetuous punk!!

toddg
10-16-2015, 01:14 PM
Todd....do you realize that no one ever really responds to you. Not trying to be rude, just didn't know if you were aware or not. Nobody on this thread gives a crap about the Alvorado game anymore. you just did!! BWD never gives a crap about games they lost!!

Rocket
10-16-2015, 01:47 PM
it doesnt..but,you are apparantly still bothered about it though..you get over it! My opinion on this game is based on what i saw when BWD played us..where were you last year when the lions were plodding through another mediocre season? we were 1-5 at this point last year, and i was still here talking Alvarado football and i will continue talking wherever and on whatever thread i am interested in! but im glad im getting under your skin! impetuous punk!!

Your opinion doesn't matter! My activity on this board has no bearing on anything or my love for the Lions. If you equate posting on here with support for a team, then congrats! you are the #1 team fan of all time!
I guess you can post on our threads. I will allow it. #boycott

nobogey72
10-16-2015, 02:02 PM
I don't have to explain myself to you. LOL You have more important things to worry about like the advantages of indoor plumbing. Look into it.

We've had indoor plumbing for over 2 yrs. I remember exactly because it was about the same time that Brownwood passed that city ordinance making it illegal for it's citizens to marry their 1st cousins. I remember how upset you were about that. Seriously, have a good weekend, and just in case Wylie wins tonight, and you do your disappearing act, we'll see you next year.

91 lion
10-16-2015, 02:32 PM
We've had indoor plumbing for over 2 yrs. I remember exactly because it was about the same time that Brownwood passed that city ordinance making it illegal for it's citizens to marry their 1st cousins. I remember how upset you were about that. Seriously, have a good weekend, and just in case Wylie wins tonight, and you do your disappearing act, we'll see you next year.

Lol.....you two are funny! Rocket, your turn.

Popcorn is ready...

regaleagle
10-16-2015, 06:25 PM
Sooner or later this Wylie offense is gonna come alive, and I predict it will happen this week after their bye week last week. The Bulldog D is gonna show up regardless. But I look for Wylie to put up more points tonite than most here do.....even the Wylie faithful, lol. Brownwood will have trouble against this Wylie defense, imo. Methinks it will be a very exciting mid-scoring game......not a low-scoring one. I'm taking Wylie in this one.....31-21.

wyliefan
10-16-2015, 08:20 PM
0-0 at the half..... Both teams have fumbled inside the 20. There are been some very questionable calls, that have been more against Wylie, but a few against Brownwood. Second half should be good.

BwdLion73
10-16-2015, 09:41 PM
That interception killed us in the 4th. Good game both teams who went full speed. Congrats to Wylie.

wyliefan
10-16-2015, 09:47 PM
Great game by both teams, we could see this matchup again in late November. I think Wylie changed the defense on the interception where the free safety jumped the route and the corner dropped back for the interception. Good luck to Brownwood the rest of the year.

clcannon17
10-16-2015, 09:50 PM
Great game by both teams, we could see this matchup again in late November. I think Wylie changed the defense on the interception where the free safety jumped the route and the corner dropped back for the interception. Good luck to Brownwood the rest of the year.

Both teams are great talent wise, but y'all's bigger more physical boys made the difference.

At least Snyder it's whooping up on the Ville

ccmom
10-16-2015, 10:06 PM
Some might think that a game with only 10 total points scored would be boring, but this one was anything but that! Playoff type atmosphere and a great one to watch! An awesome night at GW stadium! Way to go Dawgs!! Best of luck to the Lions....until we meet again!

clcannon17
10-16-2015, 10:08 PM
Some might think that a game with only 10 total points scored would be boring, but this one was anything but that! Playoff type atmosphere and a great one to watch! An awesome night at GW stadium! Way to go Dawgs!! Best of luck to Lions....until we meet again!

Crowd was electric for sure. Hasn't felt like that in GW stadium in awhile

BwdLion73
10-16-2015, 10:12 PM
Some might think that a game with only 10 total points scored would be boring, but this one was anything but that! Playoff type atmosphere and a great one to watch! An awesome night at GW stadium! Way to go Dawgs!! Best of luck to Lions....until we meet again!

As an 'Ol timer on here I thought it was a great game. I get tired of the 49 to 48 shoot outs. Glad to see two great programs play an old time game.

panfan
10-16-2015, 10:28 PM
Like I said, having played both.....The wood will be tough but Not enough to take the W in this upcoming contest.

Sounds like it was a heck of a game. Congrats to both teams and AW on the win.

91 lion
10-16-2015, 10:28 PM
Crowd was electric for sure. Hasn't felt like that in GW stadium in awhile

Sounds like it was a great game between two good teams....sorry I missed it.

I'm not sure of the schedule, but I hope we're done playing teams that are coming off of their bye week. It'll be nice for the boys to get some well-deserved rest.

clcannon17
10-16-2015, 10:32 PM
Sounds like it was a great game between two good teams....sorry I missed it.

I'm not sure of the schedule, but I hope we're done playing teams that are coming off of their bye week. It'll be nice for the boys to get some well-deserved rest.

Yeah, that's it, we have a bye going into Snyder, then finish home against Big Spring. Second is still a good spot in district, since the 3rd and 4th seeds in grahams district are terrible

ccmom
10-16-2015, 10:37 PM
We are heading home and listening to the KOXE post game show. Here's a few stats according to the show...

213 yards for Brownwood

345 for Wylie

9 first downs for Brownwood
21 for Wylie

71 plays for Wylie
35 plays for Brownwood

7-3 score seems unlikely when you look at the stats but Brownwood D did what they had to to keep the Dawgs out of the endzone until late. Wylie's defense continued to be impressive. It was a hard fought, hard hitting game. Fun, fun, fun!!

ahs_indian_fan
10-16-2015, 10:52 PM
I'd like to take this time to revisit toddg's 14-6 prediction and remind you of how smart some of us Johnson County hillbillies are :)

Bosqueville
10-16-2015, 10:54 PM

Nostradamus...

hollywood
10-16-2015, 11:01 PM
Did Brownwood beat Brownwood tonight or did Abilene Wylie show up?

THE BEAST
10-16-2015, 11:12 PM

Good job with Snyder genius. Meanwhile Brownwood and Wylie were in one helluva fight. One of the best defensive games Ive seen in a long time. Wylie got the better of us tonight. Hats off to them on a job well done. Both teams put it on the line. Hope we get to play again this season.

BEAST

95mustang
10-16-2015, 11:13 PM

Why go there? This was a great game between 2 great programs. Brownwood will be fine and we are looking forward to the rematch between these 2 teams. As for the yeller jackets at least Big Spring is in the district....

91 lion
10-16-2015, 11:14 PM

Wylie beat Brownwood

.........and Snyder beat.....well, you know the rest.

THE BEAST
10-16-2015, 11:18 PM
We are heading home and listening to the KOXE post game show. Here's a few stats according to the show...

213 yards for Brownwood

345 for Wylie

21 for Wylie

71 plays for Wylie
35 plays for Brownwood

7-3 score seems unlikely when you look at the stats but Brownwood D did what they had to to keep the Dawgs out of the endzone until late. Wylie's defense continued to be impressive. It was a hard fought, hard hitting game. Fun, fun, fun!!

But those stats literally tell the story. Yalls O strung together more drives, even without scoring, to let your D rest. That was the difference. One helluva game for sure.

BEAST

hollywood
10-16-2015, 11:29 PM
Good job with Snyder genius. Meanwhile Brownwood and Wylie were in one helluva fight. One of the best defensive games Ive seen in a long time. Wylie got the better of us tonight. Hats off to them on a job well done. Both teams put it on the line. Hope we get to play again this season.

BEAST
Great game. You know who the comment was directed towards genious! Lol

hollywood
10-16-2015, 11:30 PM
Why go there? This was a great game between 2 great programs. Brownwood will be fine and we are looking forward to the rematch between these 2 teams. As for the yeller jackets at least Big Spring is in the district....

Yes great game. You know who the comment was directed towards... an ole buddy from New Mexico.

hollywood
10-16-2015, 11:32 PM
Wylie beat Brownwood

.........and Snyder beat.....well, you know the rest.

Hello, McFly... You have been around long enough to know who that was directed to 91 lion. ;)

All in fun. :taunt:

THE BEAST
10-16-2015, 11:32 PM
Great game. You know who the comment was directed towards genious! Lol

What exactly is a genious?

BEAST

LionFan72
10-16-2015, 11:33 PM
Great gme bull-pups, you came here and conquered. Congrats on the win, it was intense, with victory in doubt until the interception with under 2 mins remaining. Wylie's defense is for real, as well as the Lions. Both offenses sputtered, gonna have to work on finishing drives and opportunities to make a run. We are far from done, just building for the next phase!

Once again, Congrats to the Dawgs on a hard fought win. By the way, Wylie had a nice crowd down for the game, is that a normal traveling crowd for Wylie. I'm guessing, but looked like maybe 3000-3200????

hollywood
10-16-2015, 11:36 PM
What exactly is a genious?

BEAST

Not sure... Ask Apple!

THE BEAST
10-16-2015, 11:40 PM
Not sure... Ask Apple!

Good luck next week with Big Spring. A loss and you sit at the house. Thump thump time coming early for Ville

BEAST

Rocket
10-16-2015, 11:40 PM

Sounds like Snyder showed up. LOL

Rocket
10-16-2015, 11:42 PM
Congrats to Wylie on a hard fought game. Hope to see you guys later in the season!

slingshot
10-17-2015, 12:05 AM
If this game turns ugly, it will be in Wylie's favor, because they will find that the lion offense isnt the best they have faced so far this season..and the bulldogs are patient enough to grind this one out, if need be...if its close,,Wylie 14-6Nostradamus? Is that you?

6 points??? Put down the pipe.Hmmm... sounds like somebody else needs to put down the pipe!

slingshot
10-17-2015, 12:13 AM
In all seriousness... awesome game. Was a slobber knocker as predicted. Brownwood's defense was very good--the best we've seen this year. I do believe they just finally wore out on our last drive when we just crisply marched down the field capped by the crazy 9 yard QB sneak, rugby scrum, TD run. Brownwood's offense just could not maintain drives and that wore out their outstanding defense. Reminded me of our game against Liberty Hill. Anyway, was a great atmosphere and a nail-biter of a game. See you guys again down the road, I suspect. Will be another classic...

hollywood
10-17-2015, 06:35 AM
Good luck next week with Big Spring. A loss and you sit at the house. Thump thump time coming early for Ville

BEAST

Very possible! If the Jackets can't keep from spotting teams 5,6,14 or 35 easy points to start every game, it sure is going to make it most challenging to even make the playoffs.

Gotta keep everyone healthy.

Hollyville
10-17-2015, 07:37 AM
Wow! Didn't see Brownwood losing this game.

Stephenville will make the playoffs.

Brownwood could lose another one in district.

95mustang
10-17-2015, 07:57 AM
Wow! Didn't see Brownwood losing this game.

Stephenville will make the playoffs.

Brownwood could lose another one in district.

Brownwood will be just fine. You might want to worry about your jackets and less about what Brownwood does in this stage of the season.

canno
10-17-2015, 08:06 AM
We will not lose another district game,Wylie is a very good football team with a great defense

Hollyville
10-17-2015, 09:32 AM
We will not lose another district game,Wylie is a very good football team with a great defense

We shall see.....

Hollyville
10-17-2015, 09:49 AM
This doesn't sit well with Rocket's or BEAST's expectations of this Lions team. And if they are a true contender for a November or December run, then they would have beat Wylie by 17 or more.

slingshot
10-17-2015, 09:58 AM
This doesn't sit well with Rocket's or BEAST's expectations of this Lions team. And if they are a true contender for a November or December run, then they would have beat Wylie by 17 or more.Really? No one else in our Murderer's Row schedule could do that... Maybe our defense is really that good. You'll see firsthand in a few weeks. I stick by my statement that Wylie and Brownwood are the two best teams in Region 1. Fully expect we will be playing again deep in the playoffs...

Hollyville
10-17-2015, 11:21 AM

213 yards for Brownwood

345 for Wylie

21 for Wylie

71 plays for Wylie
35 plays for Brownwood

Appears to me it was domination by Wylie. These numbers are heavy Wylie.

clcannon17
10-17-2015, 10:54 PM

Brownwood still held them to seven points did they not? Brownwood's offense had a couple of chances to strike, and didn't.

Just wait until Wylie plays Stephenville. You'll be wishing it was as close as this one.

THE BEAST
10-18-2015, 12:04 AM
This doesn't sit well with Rocket's or BEAST's expectations of this Lions team. And if they are a true contender for a November or December run, then they would have beat Wylie by 17 or more.

Poster child for a trojan!!!!!!!

BEAST

Indians212
10-18-2015, 07:37 AM
Brownwood still held them to seven points did they not? Brownwood's offense had a couple of chances to strike, and didn't.

Just wait until Wylie plays Stephenville. You'll be wishing it was as close as this one.

Sounds like another game you lost this year.

91 lion
10-18-2015, 11:20 AM

Sniff, sniff.....does anyone smell a troll?

clcannon17
10-18-2015, 02:53 PM

That Alvarado game was also alot closer than the Wylie ones. I wish we would meet again in the playoffs, but y'all's region is just so much more brutal, I can't see it happening. Brownwood really only has 2 or 3 that's in their region.

clcannon17
10-18-2015, 02:54 PM
[QUOTE=91 lion;1877896]Sniff, sniff.....does anyone

clcannon17
10-18-2015, 02:58 PM
That Alvarado game was also alot closer than the Wylie ones. I wish we would meet again in the playoffs, but y'all's region is just so much more brutal, I can't see it happening. Brownwood really only has 2 or 3 that's in their region.

Threats not that's

Indians212
10-18-2015, 08:55 PM
Threats not that's

You are true about that. We will have a dog fight to get out of our region. We will give it our best. I can see Brownwood having a very good chance at winning region 1. There are only about 3 teams that can win that region and 2 of them are in the same district. Good luck on the rest of the year.

clcannon17
10-18-2015, 11:14 PM
You are true about that. We will have a dog fight to get out of our region. We will give it our best. I can see Brownwood having a very good chance at winning region 1. There are only about 3 teams that can win that region and 2 of them are in the same district. Good luck on the rest of the year.

Good luck to y'all as well. Everyone knows you could use it to have a chance in that region

toddg
10-18-2015, 11:44 PM
Good luck to y'all as well. Everyone knows you could use it to have a chance in that region
Our strength is our depth, and is key.. It will be a tough row to hoe no doubt.. just have to continue to improve every week.

clcannon17
10-19-2015, 12:13 AM
Our strength is our depth, and is key.. It will be a tough row to hoe no doubt.. just have to continue to improve every week.

Here's to hoping we schedule each other again, should make for some classics!

toddg
10-19-2015, 12:16 AM
I hope so.. It can only make both teams better..who knows, the UIL may send us back to region 1..regardless, it would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nobogey72
10-19-2015, 09:23 AM
Brownwood is very good this year, but it is scary how good they are going to be NEXT year, and the year after that. Only 15 Srs. on this years roster. Is there a pretty good QB in waiting? #21 for BWood was probably the best athlete on the field Friday night and only a Soph. Maybe he will transfer to Early????

Bosqueville
10-19-2015, 09:39 AM
Brownwood is very good this year, but it is scary how good they are going to be NEXT year, and the year after that. Only 15 Srs. on this years roster. Is there a pretty good QB in waiting? #21 for BWood was probably the best athlete on the field Friday night and only a Soph. Maybe he will transfer to Early????

He would only transfer to Early if Mommy and Daddy wanted him to have a participation trophy and future at Harvard or Yale... :rolleyes:

Rocket
10-19-2015, 01:39 PM

https://youtu.be/DgiM_ypFsRQ
Video of Hollyville after the total annihilation at Snyder.