PDA

View Full Version : 4A - Game Of The Week?

PurplePop
10-06-2015, 09:09 AM
Now that district play starts, the games finally matter and there are some good ones. What's your game of the week?

GOTW candidates:

Stephenville-Brownwood
Paris-Liberty-Eylau
Henderson-Carthage
China Spring-Burnet
Yoakum-Cuero
(or maybe I missed one or two)

GOTW?

My pick is Henderson-Carthage.

waterboy
10-06-2015, 09:20 AM
Take your pick. They are all good choices. Being from East Texas, I'm interested to see how the Paris / Liberty-Eylau game goes. I'll bet there will be some offense in that one. The Henderson / Carthage game is an interesting matchup, too.

slingshot
10-06-2015, 11:02 AM
BWD vs VILLE...

BwdLions
10-06-2015, 11:18 AM
I'll say BWD-VILLE (obviously), but there are some very good matchups this week.

toddg
10-06-2015, 11:18 AM
BWD vs VILLE...nah..just a couple of teams singing "glory days" while sharing the common reality of losing to poor Alvarado.

Phantom Stang
10-06-2015, 11:20 AM
Pick what game you want for whatever reason, but the one that'll get the most widespread attention will be Stephenville vs Brownwood IMHO.

toddg
10-06-2015, 11:21 AM
nah..just a couple of teams singing "glory days" while sharing the common reality of losing to poor Alvarado. que the brownies saying it "easily" could have went the other way..in 3..2..1...

toddg
10-06-2015, 11:22 AM
Pick what game you want for whatever reason, but the one that'll get the most widespread attention will be Stephenville vs Brownwood IMHO.
yeah, i see that on the game thread..

Bosqueville
10-06-2015, 12:01 PM
BWD/Stephenville how could it not be but a close second will be Burnet/CS.

Boy, you Alvarado folks have a brutal few games coming up... :rolleyes:

91 lion
10-06-2015, 12:08 PM
que the brownies saying it "easily" could have went the other way..in 3..2..1...

Guess not on this one toddg.....looks like you're just talking to yourself again....;)

toddg
10-06-2015, 12:14 PM
BWD/Stephenville how could it not be but a close second will be Burnet/CS.

Boy, you Alvarado folks have a brutal few games coming up... :rolleyes:we didnt make the district schedule..but , we'll keep on working
http://www.allsmileys.com/files/smiley-central-hobbies/5441.gif LOL!

toddg
10-06-2015, 12:32 PM
Guess not on this one toddg.....looks like you're just talking to yourself again....;)

http://www.allsmileys.com/files/smiley-central-baddies/4302.gifTRAFFIC SUCKS!!

Aguilafanatico
10-06-2015, 01:24 PM
I for one will be watching the LE vs Paris matchup closely. I am really interested to see how Paris fares vs LE. This could be the game that decides both the district and playoff seedings.

d0tc0m
10-06-2015, 02:08 PM
Now that district play starts, the games finally matter and there are some good ones. What's your game of the week?

GOTW candidates:

Stephenville-Brownwood
Paris-Liberty-Eylau
Henderson-Carthage
China Spring-Burnet
Yoakum-Cuero

GOTW?

So many tasty matchups this week! I think the Stephenville/Brownwood matchup will get a lot of attention. But as a fan, I'd be intrigued most by the Henderson/Carthage and China Spring/Burnet games.

I know LE/Paris looks like a good matchup on paper. I honestly think the Leopards run away with that one, though.

THE BEAST
10-06-2015, 10:37 PM
nah..just a couple of teams singing "glory days" while sharing the common reality of losing to poor Alvarado.

You guys lucked out a win over us. We had 2 chances to put ice on the game and didnt finish. Keep counting your chickens. We will see you in playoffs if you guys can get that far in.

BEAST

toddg
10-06-2015, 11:40 PM
You guys lucked out a win over us. We had 2 chances to put ice on the game and didnt finish. Keep counting your chickens. We will see you in playoffs if you guys can get that far in.

BEAST

Driving 75 yds. with just over 4 min left in the game is not luck...http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/06/97cc4a7f56f5f09cc2636119c537757e.jpg4th & 12 QB has plenty of time to make throw...
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/06/9a7751628aacedf7b1ab3db3da53525b.jpgDB bites on stop n go wr flies by him, ball delivered perfectly..that's execution..
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/06/8a18e4a783f9aa6f623f49a8b80fd925.jpg3 plays later, nothing but net..again, execution..
"Luck favors the prepared"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aesculus gilmus
10-07-2015, 07:21 AM
I for one will be watching the LE vs Paris matchup closely. I am really interested to see how Paris fares vs LE. This could be the game that decides both the district and playoff seedings.

Apparently the Pittsburg Pirates are flying under your radar. They probably like it that way. But you're right. The game will decide seedings, just maybe not who the champion is. I am more looking forward to the game a week from Friday night in Chicken Town when LE travels to Pitt.

Pittsburg shares a lot of the same gene pool as Gilmer. Now they're being coached up into the contenders they were always capable of being.

PurplePop
10-07-2015, 07:29 AM
Apparently the Pittsburg Pirates are flying under your radar. They probably like it that way. But you're right. The game will decide seedings, just maybe not who the champion is. I am more looking forward to the game a week from Friday night in Chicken Town when LE travels to Pitt.

Pittsburg shares a lot of the same gene pool as Gilmer. Now they're being coached up into the contenders they were always capable of being.

Pittsburg's QB is putting up impressive numbers, and, if I'm not mistaken, he's the head coach's son. Anytime the head coach's son is the QB, you better watch out.

Indians212
10-07-2015, 07:32 AM
Pittsburg's QB is putting up impressive numbers, and, if I'm not mistaken, he's the head coach's son. Anytime the head coach's son is the QB, you better watch out.

He was the qb at Cleburne last year if he won the job over the summer.

Indians212
10-07-2015, 07:36 AM
Driving 75 yds. with just over 4 min left in the game is not luck...http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/06/97cc4a7f56f5f09cc2636119c537757e.jpg4th & 12 QB has plenty of time to make throw...
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/06/9a7751628aacedf7b1ab3db3da53525b.jpgDB bites on stop n go wr flies by him, ball delivered perfectly..that's execution..
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/06/8a18e4a783f9aa6f623f49a8b80fd925.jpg3 plays later, nothing but net..again, execution..
"Luck favors the prepared"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now it's luck after the game it was the refs. Do you guys every lose a game in your opinion Beast? Always something that beats the wood not that they got out played that night by a more prepared team. I hope we get a chance to have a rematch that means we both had very successful seasons. Good luck on Friday. I hope it's not luck or the refs then too.

waterboy
10-07-2015, 09:14 AM

Yes, Pittsburg is good, but how good is yet to be determined. You have to put things into perspective:

Pittsburg 35, Pleasant Grove 19 - PG is not a very good team at all.

Pittsburg 49, Gladewater 36 - Gladewater had 6 turnovers, and had multiple injuries. Not as good of a win as it looks.

Pittsburg 34, New Boston 0 - Pittsburg struggled in this one, and New Boston has struggled mightily this season, and is nowhere near as good as they have been in the past.

Pittsburg 40, Atlanta 14 - The Rabbits were without two of their best players, including their starting quarterback. A "good" win, however.

Pittsburg 54, Mt. Vernon 0 - Really? MV is a 3A team that is winless, and hasn't been a very good team in decades.

I'm not sold on Pittsburg at all. Now, if they can beat Paris and Liberty-Eylau in district I will be sold.

Aesculus gilmus
10-07-2015, 10:38 AM
Doubters gonna doubt. LOL

Atlanta nearly beat LE with their backup QB. I'm just glad we don't have to play the Pirates this year.

Aggie98
10-07-2015, 10:48 AM

I think I read somewhere that the QB is the head coach's brother and the dad is the defensive coordinator.

regaleagle
10-07-2015, 10:48 AM
So many tasty matchups this week! I think the Stephenville/Brownwood matchup will get a lot of attention. But as a fan, I'd be intrigued most by the Henderson/Carthage and China Spring/Burnet games.

I know LE/Paris looks like a good matchup on paper. I honestly think the Leopards run away with that one, though.

The LE/Paris battle will be very close and high scoring, imo. LE lacks the defense that Paris has, and the battle is between two very athletic qbs. The Paris passing game should be rewarded against a very suspect LE secondary. Both teams will score, but I predict a win for the Paris Wildcats in this one.

waterboy
10-07-2015, 11:18 AM
Doubters gonna doubt. LOL

Atlanta nearly beat LE with their backup QB. I'm just glad we don't have to play the Pirates this year.

Yes, he did a much better job in his second start against a suspect L-E defense. Pittsburg looks legit, but I'm not sold on them until they beat the likes of Paris and Liberty-Eylau, along with Princeton and North Lamar. If they run that district without a loss..., look out!

Sweetwater Red
10-07-2015, 11:36 AM
4A DI

#6 Henderson vs #15 Carthage
#7 Brownwood vs #22 Stephenville
#10 TLE vs #14 Paris
#12 China Spring vs #27 Burnet

4A DII

#6 Sweetwater vs #22 Ft. Stockton
#11 La Marque vs. #19 Houston Worthing
#14 Atlanta vs #20 TPG

Rabid Cougar
10-07-2015, 01:16 PM

GOTW candidates:

Stephenville-Brownwood
Paris-Liberty-Eylau
Henderson-Carthage
China Spring-Burnet
Yoakum-Cuero

GOTW?

China vs Burnet.

d0tc0m
10-07-2015, 01:18 PM
China vs Burnet.

I tend to agree, RC. That's the one I'd go to if I were able.

toddg
10-07-2015, 01:51 PM

GOTW candidates:

Stephenville-Brownwood
Paris-Liberty-Eylau
Henderson-Carthage
China Spring-Burnet
Yoakum-Cuero

GOTW?

I believe the CS v Burnet game is the most intriguing game..very deep district, where every game and win/loss means alot for seeding in the playoffs.
should be a high scoring and intense game to say the least!!!

Dawgfan64
10-07-2015, 08:31 PM
Without a doubt it has to be the 106th meeting of Cuero and Yoakum...

Aguilafanatico
10-08-2015, 02:29 PM
The LE/Paris battle will be very close and high scoring, imo. LE lacks the defense that Paris has, and the battle is between two very athletic qbs. The Paris passing game should be rewarded against a very suspect LE secondary. Both teams will score, but I predict a win for the Paris Wildcats in this one.

Really tough game to call based on who they both have played and results.

Paris has only played one good team in Argyle and got beat 31-20. The score is a little misleading as they ran back a kick late in the game vs many kids from Argyle that don't generally play special teams and a 3rd string kicker. Estrada kicks the ball through the endzone. Is what it is. Otherwise, Paris opponents combined record (not including Argyle) is 5-16.:eek::hairpunk:

LE has played only one team with a winning record this year also, in Gilmer and lost 50-45. Heard it was nip and tuck. Otherwise, LE opponents combined record (Not including Gilmer) is 4-16.:ack!::eek::bigcry:

Prevailing opinion around Argyle is that L-E handles Paris by at least 2 TD's, BUT, that is why I will be keeping a close eye on this game. This really could tell us which of these two teams, if not both, are real contenders. And if Paris plays L-E close or beats them, could also tell us a little something about the Eagles.

Ville-D
10-08-2015, 02:34 PM
Now it's luck after the game it was the refs. Do you guys every lose a game in your opinion Beast? Always something that beats the wood not that they got out played that night by a more prepared team. I hope we get a chance to have a rematch that means we both had very successful seasons. Good luck on Friday. I hope it's not luck or the refs then too.

They lost the 2011 meeting with Stephenville. #route66

Ville-D
10-08-2015, 02:35 PM
Ville vs burnwood

LionFan72
10-08-2015, 05:21 PM
Ville vs burnwood

What he said!

Ville-D
10-09-2015, 11:39 AM
What he said!

Well which is the game of the week?