PDA

View Full Version : Kris Boyd from Gilmer

Bosqueville
10-05-2015, 09:48 AM
Boy did he step in it and created a media firestorm after his retweet at halftime of the Texas game... ouch.

hookandladder
10-05-2015, 10:56 AM
RSJ did a little tweeting during the atm game, guess them kids cannot stay off their phones. LOL.

lostaussie
10-05-2015, 11:04 AM
I was wondering how long before this came up!!! Not a good idea.

WOS1
10-05-2015, 12:03 PM
I was wondering how long before this came up!!! Not a good idea.

Not a good idea that he did it or not a good idea that we discuss it?

lostaussie
10-05-2015, 12:05 PM
Lol. Not a good idea that he did it. I'm an Aggie fan so I don't care what he tweets. Just hate that someone from Gilmer made such headlines in this way.......... But oh well, everybody is from somewhere!!!!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

movethechain
10-05-2015, 12:08 PM
Kris is one of the top "look at me kids" on the field, when he makes a great play, but he sure got a taste of unwanted attention with this stunt. Maybe he can learn a very good lesson and get his focus off of social media and fully on making his team better.

WOS1
10-05-2015, 12:13 PM
Kris is one of the top "look at me kids" on the field, when he makes a great play, but he sure got a taste of unwanted attention with this stunt. Maybe he can learn a very good lesson and get his focus off of social media and fully on making his team better.

Good point and I'm sure this will be a great learning experience for him. I just hope he isn't REALLY thinking about leaving for A&M.

As for his decision... Not good at all. I'm glad I always made the right decisions when I was 18 yrs old and on my own for the first time... :)

movethechain
10-05-2015, 12:17 PM
... I'm glad I always made the right decisions when I was 18 yrs old and on my own for the first time... :)

Boy, aren't we all. :2thumbsup

Roughneck93
10-05-2015, 01:30 PM
Ricky Doyle - @RickyDoyle (https://mobile.twitter.com/RickyDoyle)

Duke Thomas said Kris Boyd told him he's always been on his phone at halftime. He told Boyd, "This isn't HS anymore. Can't do that here."

coach
10-05-2015, 01:44 PM
Sooooooo is he coming to cstat or not?

Aesculus gilmus
10-05-2015, 02:16 PM
Sooooooo is he coming to cstat or not?

The Aggies don't look like they need him to me. One of the A&M regents last week posted on Facebook that they needed to schedule Texas not because they used to be rivals, but because they needed a new "cupcake" opponent.

This has got to be hard on Jeff Traylor. He's now a coach of a team that has lost as many games in less than a month as his high school team had lost in the previous three years.

coach
10-05-2015, 03:03 PM
The Aggies don't look like they need him to me. One of the A&M regents last week posted on Facebook that they needed to schedule Texas not because they used to be rivals, but because they needed a new "cupcake" opponent.

This has got to be hard on Jeff Traylor. He's now a coach of a team that has lost as many games in less than a month as his high school team had lost in the previous three years.

Really hard for Traylor until he sees that monthly pay check.

lostaussie
10-05-2015, 05:00 PM
Really hard for Traylor until he sees that monthly pay check.

That's what I told somebody yesterday.........and I say that with a grin. Truth is that guy HATES losing and this has to be killing him. Jeff is a winner all the way around and he will be OK.

coach
10-06-2015, 08:59 AM
That's what I told somebody yesterday.........and I say that with a grin. Truth is that guy HATES losing and this has to be killing him. Jeff is a winner all the way around and he will be OK.

yea. I was half joking. Anybody who is as successful as Traylor is hates losing. I am sure it makes him feel miserable.

waterboy
10-06-2015, 09:17 AM
There has to be a cultural change in Austin now to right the ship. It appears that if things don't change over the next fews weeks that Coach Strong will be on his way out. There are a lot of unhappy boosters there right now, and there's division among their ranks. Everybody has to be on the same page in order for any program to work successfully. I'm pretty sure Jeff is in a "wait and see" mode right now. The money is good, however, which takes the sting out of it.:D

coach
10-06-2015, 09:27 AM
Just my opinion, but I think they are waiting to see what they can do against West Virginia, Tech, and K State. If he goes 1-2 then I think he is a goner.

waterboy
10-06-2015, 09:44 AM
Just my opinion, but I think they are waiting to see what they can do against West Virginia, Tech, and K State. If he goes 1-2 then I think he is a goner.

Agreed, and just because Strong may be gone after that stretch, it doesn't mean that Traylor's job is in jeopardy. I'm just saying it is a stressful situation not knowing for sure. He can get a job just about anywhere, but he's one of those that doesn't enjoy straying too far from his roots, nor does he enjoy moving around a lot.

slingshot
10-06-2015, 10:07 AM
I think Strong may be a goner regardless... unless he can turn it around and come close to running the table. Spoke with a good friend of mine who is an oil and gas big wig--also a big time Orange Blood and UT donor... he says the skids are being greased, just a matter of time.

coach
10-06-2015, 10:23 AM
I think Strong may be a goner regardless... unless he can turn it around and come close to running the table. Spoke with a good friend of mine who is an oil and gas big wig--also a big time Orange Blood and UT donor... he says the skids are being greased, just a matter of time.

They aint running the table. They still have OU and Baylor to play. The next head coach at Texas will be Art Briles.

waterboy
10-06-2015, 10:33 AM
They aint running the table. They still have OU and Baylor to play. The next head coach at Texas will be Art Briles.

Wow! You think Art Briles would leave Baylor for Texas? I know Texas has more money, but the culture is totally different. Anything short of double digit wins at UT is putting your job at jeopardy. That would be a stressful situation for any coach. I wouldn't mind seeing it, though. That's for sure.

Aesculus gilmus
10-06-2015, 10:48 AM
Art Briles doesn't want it and will never want it.

Jeff Traylor has said he will never coach high school football again unless it were back here. But I disagree with the notion that his job is not in jeopardy at Texas. Obviously, if Strong is canned, everyone he hired is also.

Celina8
10-06-2015, 11:13 AM

Jeff Traylor has said he will never coach high school football again unless it were back here. But I disagree with the notion that his job is not in jeopardy at Texas. Obviously, if Strong is canned, everyone he hired is also.

Don't be so sure, Traylor has the huge advantage of having great connections to East Texas High School Coaches which is a vital recruiting ground for any Texas program. Any new Coach would see the benefits of keeping him on staff in my opinion. Plus he is a great Coach .

Celina8
10-06-2015, 11:14 AM
Now the question is really do you think Kris Boyd returns after the season if Strong is still there. I think he is done playing for Texas (his choice) after this season.

waterboy
10-06-2015, 11:25 AM
Now the question is really do you think Kris Boyd returns after the season if Strong is still there. I think he is done playing for Texas (his choice) after this season.

He didn't get to play much this past Saturday from what I saw. He did get some opportunities in the return game, but didn't get much PT at corner. I think it showed, too, and I'm not speaking from my obvious biased viewpoint, either. :D

I would also say that if Kris does transfer, his brother, Demarco would likely go with him. Both definitely have the talent to excel at the college level.

waterboy
10-06-2015, 11:29 AM

I somewhat agree, although I lean toward Jeff's job not being in nearly as much jeopardy as the HC, or his coordinators. Jeff's job is recruiting moreso than his position coaching responsibilities. It still doesn't keep him from worrying because you never really know for sure.

Phantom Stang
10-06-2015, 11:37 AM
The next head coach at Texas will be Art Briles.

Ya think he'd go there right now, after the way those fickle folks went from loving Mack Brown, to throwing him under the bus by way of the front grille in the blink of an eye?

Bosqueville
10-06-2015, 11:53 AM
Ya think he'd go there right now, after the way those fickle folks went from loving Mack Brown, to throwing him under the bus by way of the front grille in the blink of an eye?

My opinion no way Briles goes to Texas. He wants that National Championship and he knows how long it would take to get Texas turned around and he's not getting any younger...

coach
10-06-2015, 12:01 PM

I don't think anyone said Traylor's job is in jeopardy. And yes, Art wanted the job last time. He said he didn't want an interview and Texas said he had to have one for the job. Briles thought his success at Baylor was enough to land him the job. Texas is a top 5 coaching job in the nation even if they are in a rut. Hell, he turned around Baylor. I think he can turn around one of the best universities in the nation. IMO, he is more of a fit than Chip Kelly. Also, look out for Chad Morris too.

Aesculus gilmus
10-06-2015, 12:03 PM
"He's not getting any younger..."

Exactly. I think some must think Briles is only about 50 or something. In reality, he is almost 60 years old. He just looks way better than most at that age.

On that same general subject, a friend of mine was talking up Chip Kelly as the next Longhorns coach. My first response was that he was too old. I thought he was 65 to 70 years old, from looking at him. I looked up his age and it turns out he is only 51.

Aesculus gilmus
10-06-2015, 12:08 PM
I don't think anyone said Traylor's job is in jeopardy.

I did. I said if Strong is fired, his staff will not be kept around by the new head coach. That's the way this goes down usually. But you and the others could be right because of his recruiting connections or whatever. I question whether he would even want to stay, though, if Strong is fired.

Saggy Aggie
10-06-2015, 12:11 PM
RSJ did a little tweeting during the atm game, guess them kids cannot stay off their phones. LOL.

Lol idiotic comparison

lostaussie
10-06-2015, 12:19 PM
I don't think anyone said Traylor's job is in jeopardy. And yes, Art wanted the job last time. He said he didn't want an interview and Texas said he had to have one for the job. Briles thought his success at Baylor was enough to land him the job. Texas is a top 5 coaching job in the nation even if they are in a rut. Hell, he turned around Baylor. I think he can turn around one of the best universities in the nation. IMO, he is more of a fit than Chip Kelly. Also, look out for Chad Morris too.

Horns wouldn't stoop so low as to hire a coach from the Hilltop...........that's beneath them.

Macarthur
10-06-2015, 12:27 PM
I think they could be in a real pickle.

First, while UT has plenty of money, I think they still would owe charlie something likee $17 million after this year. Then you will have to pay somewhere north of $5 million for the new guy. That's well over $20million next season and the year after that.

The other issue is that the coaching fraternity is pretty deep. There is going to be lots of talk around coaching circles whether the job is worth what you have to deal with. And when will they have a new AD? No coach is going to go there without knowing who his boss is going to be.

coach
10-06-2015, 12:36 PM
I think they could be in a real pickle.

First, while UT has plenty of money, I think they still would owe charlie something likee $17 million after this year. Then you will have to pay somewhere north of $5 million for the new guy. That's well over $20million next season and the year after that.

The other issue is that the coaching fraternity is pretty deep. There is going to be lots of talk around coaching circles whether the job is worth what you have to deal with. And when will they have a new AD? No coach is going to go there without knowing who his boss is going to be.

Aren't they still paying Mack Brown and Rick Barnes too? And not knowing who the AD until 2016 isnt good either.

Celina8
10-06-2015, 12:42 PM
The value of a successful football program for Texas is about a $100 million a year if I remember correctly .... as the whole athletic program was a top earner for many years generating around $130 million if I am not mistaken. So I don't think they will be worried about pulling the trigger on Strong from a financial concern.

Celina8
10-06-2015, 12:44 PM
Of Course their expenses I think were about $110 million so or something like that.

NastySlot
10-06-2015, 12:53 PM
The value of a successful football program for Texas is about a $100 million a year if I remember correctly .... as the whole athletic program was a top earner for many years generating around $130 million if I am not mistaken. So I don't think they will be worried about pulling the trigger on Strong from a financial concern.

You sure about all this money? They just got rid of an AD that pretty much was pinching pennies and raising ticket prices-think he was on to something- maybe all that money wasn't really there.

Money is a big deal when you have so many ex coaches still collecting- also take into account they had to fork over a little to Louisville.

Macarthur
10-06-2015, 01:43 PM
Aren't they still paying Mack Brown and Rick Barnes too? And not knowing who the AD until 2016 isnt good either.

I think they are.

Aguilafanatico
10-07-2015, 10:42 AM
I did. I said if Strong is fired, his staff will not be kept around by the new head coach. That's the way this goes down usually. But you and the others could be right because of his recruiting connections or whatever. I question whether he would even want to stay, though, if Strong is fired.

Agree AG. If Strong is gone, Traylor likely will be gone as well. No job is safe and I certainly don't expect a new HC to come in thinking he must keep the special teams coach due to his massive recruiting base. If UT continues to be this bad, it doesn't matter, no top recruits are going to commit there, whether their former HS coach is there or not. Not gonna happen. Besides, UT's special teams performance this year has been as bad as the rest of their play. If the special teams play was a highlight to an otherwise horrible year, then maybe the new regime looks favorably on the coach. Otherwise, if the HC goes, I believe most/all of his staff are gone as well.

slingshot
10-07-2015, 01:01 PM
Art Briles doesn't want it and will never want it... I can think of about 6 million reasons per year you may be wrong...

coach
10-07-2015, 01:33 PM
I can think of about 6 million reasons per year you may be wrong...

Art wanted it 2 years ago, but Texas thought they were the King and lost that chance.

waterboy
10-07-2015, 01:41 PM
I think it was a dumb move not to get Briles when they had the chance, even without an "interview". He already had the track record. Why force an interview on a proven winner?

oldtownag
10-07-2015, 05:03 PM
Don't be so sure, Traylor has the huge advantage of having great connections to East Texas High School Coaches which is a vital recruiting ground for any Texas program. Any new Coach would see the benefits of keeping him on staff in my opinion. Plus he is a great Coach .

Running up the score week after week at Gilmer left Traylor very few "friends" in East Texas coaching. Good luck Texas!

poisoned10
10-07-2015, 06:51 PM
Running up the score week after week at Gilmer left Traylor very few "friends" in East Texas coaching. Good luck Texas!

You obviously have no clue what you speak about.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Macarthur
10-08-2015, 09:12 AM
I can think of about 6 million reasons per year you may be wrong...

This is the mentality UT needs to get away from. It's a big part of the reason why they are in the position they are currently. Just thinking you can money whip everyone is not a way to have long-term success.

buckeyebob
10-08-2015, 03:11 PM

Ag...we did not run up the score on the Dawgs last year or this...maybe on Celina

oldtownag
10-08-2015, 04:50 PM
Ag...we did not run up the score on the Dawgs last year or this...maybe on Celina

Maybe Texas needs to turn the offense over to Traylor. They haven't been running it up lately either!

91 lion
10-08-2015, 06:53 PM
Two words on why you won't see Briles at UT.....McLane Stadium

coach
10-09-2015, 09:03 AM
Two words on why you won't see Briles at UT.....McLane Stadium

LMAO are you serious? You do realize that DKR is literally twice as big as that overrateed stadium in Waco. I am still trying to figure out why ppl think its so great. I mean its nice and everything but saying Art Briles would pass up a job to go to THE University of Texas bc of a stadium that will hold 50,000 people is ridiculous. Hell the aggies Yell practice have more ppl than that stadium will hold lol.

91 lion
10-09-2015, 09:25 AM
LMAO are you serious? You do realize that DKR is literally twice as big as that overrateed stadium in Waco. I am still trying to figure out why ppl think its so great. I mean its nice and everything but saying Art Briles would pass up a job to go to THE University of Texas bc of a stadium that will hold 50,000 people is ridiculous. Hell the aggies Yell practice have more ppl than that stadium will hold lol.

Spoken like a true superfan wearing orange glasses.... (and if youre not a homer, your sure are making them proud).....and for the comments 'it's overrated' and you are 'still trying to figure out why people think it's so great'...shows that you're missing the boat.

It's not the stadium itself I'm referring to. I'm referring to it as a symbol of Baylor's commitment to the football....that's what will keep Briles there......and I know, I know, THE University of Texas is committed too....with their 150,000 seat stadium, but times change and ships sail, so it's not a suprise that a coach with a new stadium and a better program would decide to pass on the 'best job in football'.....Tennessee has a huge stadium too....how's that worked out for them since the late 90's?

Newsflash....folks (and coaches) would prefer winning big in front of a packed house of 50,000 home fans than get THUMPED at home in front of "150k" any day of the week.....especially when it's a weekly occurance.....UT will be back, someday, but see it for what it is....

And FYI, I'm not a UT fan and could care less about Baylor.....just looking at it objectively.

coach
10-09-2015, 09:33 AM
Spoken like a true superfan wearing orange glasses.... (and if youre not a homer, your sure are making them proud).....and for the comments 'it's overrated' and you are 'still trying to figure out why people think it's so great'...shows that you're missing the boat.

It's not the stadium itself I'm referring to. I'm referring to it as a symbol of Baylor's commitment to the football....that's what will keep Briles there......and I know, I know, THE University of Texas is committed too....with their 150,000 seat stadium, but times change and ships sail, so it's not a suprise that a coach with a new stadium and a better program would decide to pass on the 'best job in football'.....Tennessee has a huge stadium too....how's that worked out for them since the late 90's?

Newsflash....folks (and coaches) would prefer winning big in front of a packed house of 50,000 home fans than get THUMPED at home in front of "150k" any day of the week.....especially when it's a weekly occurance.....UT will be back, someday, but see it for what it is....

And FYI, I'm not a UT fan and could care less about Baylor.....just looking at it objectively.

I hate the University of Texas BTW. Never supported them and probably never will. But this is what's wrong with Baylor. They have about 3 decent seasons and they think they control the state. We are comparing piss ant Baylor to one of the biggest programs in thw world. I know they are in a funk right now and I am loving every bit of ir, but Briles would jump at the chance to go to Texas. Hell, he had is foot halfway out teh door 2 years ago but Texas was dumb and arrogant enough not to hire him. They should have just asked 1 question. How much? Now I can see Art saying no this time bc you had your chance, but to say no bc of a 50,000 capacity stadium is ridiculous. And Im not sure what stadium you are talking about bc there isn't a stadium that can hold 150k lol. Again, I hope the longhorns keep Strong. it is amusing to watch. But I am no dummy. Texas will get whoever they want. Except for Saban and Sumlin. And there isn't a damned thing Baylor can do anything about it.

PurplePop
10-09-2015, 10:03 AM
I couldn't resist jumping in here. Briles wants to win it all right now. That's how he is. He's not in it for the money or the fame or to rescue some program's prior glory. He loves coaching, and he loves winning. If he went to Texas, it would take him at least three years to get Texas where Baylor is now. If he wins it all at Baylor, it wouldn't surprise me if he went to Texas. He loves challenges.

coach
10-09-2015, 10:11 AM
I couldn't resist jumping in here. Briles wants to win it all right now. That's how he is. He's not in it for the money or the fame or to rescue some program's prior glory. He loves coaching, and he loves winning. If he went to Texas, it would take him at least three years to get Texas where Baylor is now. If he wins it all at Baylor, it wouldn't surprise me if he went to Texas. He loves challenges.

I am willing to bet my pay check that if Texas offers Briles will leave faster than you can respond to this post.

Aesculus gilmus
10-09-2015, 10:50 AM
Maybe Texas needs to turn the offense over to Traylor. They haven't been running it up lately either!

I think he's probably content to let Jay Norvell have it for now. Traylor doesn't want having been in charge of the 2015 Texas offense on his résumé.

It looked promising at first when the change was made at quarterback, but I've "heard" the new guy hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire more recently. There's only so much you can do without an O-line.

coach
10-09-2015, 11:22 AM
Look out for Tony Franklin. He is doing wonders out in Cali.

Macarthur
10-09-2015, 12:33 PM
I am willing to bet my pay check that if Texas offers Briles will leave faster than you can respond to this post.

I'm not so sure now. He wanted the job before and they screwed up. I'm not sure he would give them the satisfaction of getting another shot at him. Make no mistake, these guys don't get where they are without having an ego.

coach
10-09-2015, 12:45 PM
I'm not so sure now. He wanted the job before and they screwed up. I'm not sure he would give them the satisfaction of getting another shot at him. Make no mistake, these guys don't get where they are without having an ego.

I agree with you 100%. That would be the only thing that I could see that would hold him back.

WOS1
10-09-2015, 03:56 PM
I hate the University of Texas BTW. Never supported them and probably never will. But this is what's wrong with Baylor. They have about 3 decent seasons and they think they control the state. We are comparing piss ant Baylor to one of the biggest programs in thw world. I know they are in a funk right now and I am loving every bit of ir, but Briles would jump at the chance to go to Texas. Hell, he had is foot halfway out teh door 2 years ago but Texas was dumb and arrogant enough not to hire him. They should have just asked 1 question. How much? Now I can see Art saying no this time bc you had your chance, but to say no bc of a 50,000 capacity stadium is ridiculous. And Im not sure what stadium you are talking about bc there isn't a stadium that can hold 150k lol. Again, I hope the longhorns keep Strong. it is amusing to watch. But I am no dummy. Texas will get whoever they want. Except for Saban and Sumlin. And there isn't a damned thing Baylor can do anything about it.

Truth.... Briles will go. If for no other reason than to bring a storied program back to prominence with his name on it. If they pursue him, he will go.

Roughneck93
10-10-2015, 11:29 PM
Lol...:2thumbsup

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h419/trueblue74/C73A085F-D16E-4882-A721-2F3099B16D50.png.jpeg (http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/trueblue74/media/C73A085F-D16E-4882-A721-2F3099B16D50.png.jpeg.html)

LionFan72
10-10-2015, 11:58 PM
Mr. Boyd would be looking for a job Monday morning, without a ride.