PDA

View Full Version : Rockport-Fulton VS La Vernia

RkptFltn
10-05-2015, 09:24 AM
The game could likely determine the district championship. Rockport has 3 shutouts against 3 weak teams. La Vernia comes into this game having faced 4 quality teams.

1 common opponent in Sinton

Rockport lost 21-0

La Vernia lost 48-23

I watched the Rockport vs Sinton game. Sinton was clearly the bigger and stronger team, however i think if RF didnt kill themselves with 180 yards in penalties, it woulda been a game in the fourth quarter. I have no insight from the Sinton vs La Vernia game other than knowing LV scored on a muffed punt, and the other 2 scores came against sintons backups? not sure on the validity of that.

I think if Rockport can avoid piling up a ton of penalty yards, they will walk away with the win. Rockport 27 LV 14

(i cant add a poll because i dont have permission)

Rocket Man
10-05-2015, 01:05 PM
Cal Preps predicts

RF 27
LV 10

(Sadly, for the Robinson/Lampasas game it predicts LB 40, RR 31).

pirate4state
10-05-2015, 04:57 PM
The game could likely determine the district championship. Rockport has 3 shutouts against 3 weak teams. La Vernia comes into this game having faced 4 quality teams.

Rockport lost 21-0

La Vernia lost 48-23

I watched the Rockport vs Sinton game. Sinton was clearly the bigger and stronger team, however i think if RF didnt kill themselves with 180 yards in penalties, it woulda been a game in the fourth quarter. I have no insight from the Sinton vs La Vernia game other than knowing LV scored on a muffed punt, and the other 2 scores came against sintons backups? not sure on the validity of that.

I think if Rockport can avoid piling up a ton of penalty yards, they will walk away with the win. Rockport 27 LV 14

(i cant add a poll because i dont have permission)

Yes, the other 2 scores were against our back-ups. I missed our game vs Rockport game, so all I base my opinion on is what I saw from LV. Their QB was banged up in our game and I wonder if they haven't had any other injuries. Where is this game? I like Rockport either way by 7.

regaleagle
10-05-2015, 05:44 PM
Rockport Fulton, baby. I'll take 'em by 13.

bag-o-chips
10-05-2015, 06:28 PM
Think LV gets on track. They were beat soundly by Navarro but they have great athletes. It is a gut check time for them and they may just take care of business by 7

sinfan75
10-05-2015, 09:13 PM
Rockport should win this game. La Vernia just ain't the team they were a year ago. But playin at home should make it close for most of the game.

Breacher9
10-06-2015, 09:43 AM
I see Rockport taking this game. La Vernia did not handle Slot-T well last week. Rockport runs that Slot-T like a well oiled machine. If you do not align to it correctly it could be trouble. La Vernia moving #10 to tail back will help them get some offense going this week. They put up two big plays.

Rockport 35-14

Snotbubbles
10-06-2015, 02:35 PM
Call me crazy, but---no way LV has fallen this bad to lose this one. One of toughest ND schedules in state. Learning new system. Normal banged up players as all teams endure at this point. But, they lose this one--new coach might not make it to 2016.

LV by 28.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-06-2015, 04:01 PM

Rockport lost 21-0

La Vernia lost 48-23

(i cant add a poll because i dont have permission)Sinton 1st string defense gave up a fg, the other touchdowns was on a punt return that shouldn't have been pick up but did and fumble and LV return for a td and the other two scores came with less 2 mins left in the game and was on 2nd string defense and back up players on kick off team return for td.

Game is in Rockport, RF has couple of rb that have some speed and defense been playing great, only 21 points allowed!! RF 28 LV 10

RkptFltn
10-07-2015, 08:48 AM
Looks like everyone with the exception of one linebacker and the center should be healthy for RF. Really looking forward to this game. Any LV fans headed down here to Rockport?

RkptFltn
10-09-2015, 10:13 AM
Just heard that LV coach requested extra security for himself. Says he has received some death threats from some angry parents

Snotbubbles
10-09-2015, 10:46 AM
Just heard that LV coach requested extra security for himself. Says he has received some death threats from some angry parents

Not sure about the parent part, but---maybe that worthless sup there?

RkptFltn
10-09-2015, 12:26 PM
Not sure about the parent part, but---maybe that worthless sup there?

im not following what you're saying

bag-o-chips
10-09-2015, 12:34 PM
Hearing they only want to scrimmage Navarro next year and they do not want to play non distict. WOW one beating and this is the result?

SintonFan_inAustin
10-09-2015, 12:40 PM
Hearing they only want to scrimmage Navarro next year and they do not want to play non distict. WOW one beating and this is the result?LV coach (from Port Lavaca fan) during their handshake after the Port Lavaca game told their HC they wont be playing them next season and he was just playing out the schedule he received. Got to admit it was a tough one for a new coach to take over, after Wimberley the teams they've lost to are 21-1!

Snotbubbles
10-09-2015, 01:43 PM
Wise move to have LV 2016-17 schedule re-done. They will be really down next year. I think we will be fine this year still. Brutal ND schedule. Now, it get's easier IMO.

Regard's to sup comment. He is their issue, not this new coach, who is trying to instill a new program. Not easy task sometimes when there is change. Not like they are playing Floresville, Medina Valley, VE types either. I can see him making dumb remarks for security needed, not parents making them. Less sup involvement might be just what the Bears need at this time. LV get's healthy tonight IMO.

RkptFltn
10-09-2015, 02:08 PM
Non District schedules are really interesting. Been getting alot of rain down here in Rockport all morning, looks like it has let up, but the sun is still hiding

LV_Bearfan
10-09-2015, 09:50 PM
Bears turned things around in a big way tonight. They might just have something on offense.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-09-2015, 09:59 PM
Bears turned things around in a big way tonight. They might just have something on offense.RF seems couldn't match up with LV speed. Tough ND schedule looks like prepare yall for this matchup. Gonzalez was winless and saw they were winning big against Pleasanton that had 1 loss.

YTBulldogs
10-10-2015, 01:16 AM
Call me crazy, but---no way LV has fallen this bad to lose this one. One of toughest ND schedules in state. Learning new system. Normal banged up players as all teams endure at this point. But, they lose this one--new coach might not make it to 2016.

LV by 28.

Crazy good snot. You pegged this one. Congrats Bears.

Snotbubbles
10-10-2015, 01:25 AM
LV still learning new system from way things been past decade. Takes some time. No way we dropped this low to lose tonight. Plus, say what you want, Fulton isn't quite the caliber as the likes of Wimberley, Navarro, Port Lavaca, LaGrange and Sinton. Bears will go undefeated in this district, and go as far if not further than last season in the playoffs IMO. Damn that was a long drive.

bag-o-chips
10-10-2015, 05:30 AM
Congrats Snot on the win. I also picked LV to win this and I must say you look like you have things turned around. Congrats again!

bag-o-chips
10-10-2015, 05:32 AM
I see Rockport taking this game. La Vernia did not handle Slot-T well last week. Rockport runs that Slot-T like a well oiled machine. If you do not align to it correctly it could be trouble. La Vernia moving #10 to tail back will help them get some offense going this week. They put up two big plays.

Rockport 35-14

They must have forgotten the oil can. LV is a good team and R/F must have taken them lightly

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2015, 07:43 AM
They must have forgotten the oil can. LV is a good team and R/F must have taken them lightly

They hadn't played last two weeks, a canceled game and a bye but no excuse needed should been ready still.

Pudlugger
10-10-2015, 07:58 AM
This is a breakout win for the Bears! It's looking like LV has found the handle and is taking the bucket to the well. I picked yall to win this week. Folks will be noticing now how much talent the Bears bring to the show now that they have gelled as a team and worked out the kinks in their new system. Good luck the rest of the way.

bag-o-chips
10-10-2015, 09:10 AM
They hadn't played last two weeks, a canceled game and a bye but no excuse needed should been ready still.

We had that also this year!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2015, 09:20 AM
We had that also this year!

Several teams had cancel games followed by a bye

Gontex
10-10-2015, 10:23 AM
LV still learning new system from way things been past decade. Takes some time. No way we dropped this low to lose tonight. Plus, say what you want, Fulton isn't quite the caliber as the likes of Wimberley, Navarro, Port Lavaca, LaGrange and Sinton. Bears will go undefeated in this district, and go as far if not further than last season in the playoffs IMO. Damn that was a long drive.

I wouldn't put that in the bank, Snotty. Apaches had a tough schedule to play out as well. I think we play in Gonzales this year too.

Snotbubbles
10-10-2015, 10:36 AM

Many teams run the slot-T. Not many run it like Coach Goad and his Panthers. Big difference.

RkptFltn
10-10-2015, 12:09 PM
Wasnt so much the speed of LV that gave Rf a hard time. LV got all their yardage up the middle with good blocking, and some help from RF linebackers. These two teams are not as uneven in skill as the score shows. LV was the better team though, good display of sportsmanship from both teams. Should be a good rest of the year for the Bears

Breacher9
10-12-2015, 09:30 AM
You are right. LV is a good team that has played a tough schedule. The front runners to win the district now. I will gladly admit that I was wrong on this game. LV has surprised a lot of people with this win! Good job to the Bears!