PDA

View Full Version : Hitting Clinic-Mike Epstein

Old Cardinal
03-09-2003, 04:06 PM
Last night I attend a Hitting Clinic presentation by Mike Epstein, considered to be the greatests Hitting Coach of all time! That was the best $20.00 worth of information I have received in a long time. Mike shows, in detail, how he and Ted Williams refined Softball and Baseball hitting to optimum potential. The slides and stills show some 40+ of the greatest hitters of all time at the moment of impact, a little before and after that is totally different from what is mostly being taught in youth sports and HS Coaching.... Last year, I attended the Nationals for 18 & u girls softball in Beaumont, Texas. Out of 140 highly select teams from across our Nation, two teams emerged on the top of the Finals. A team from California won it, followed by a team from Layffatte, Louisiana- BOTH of these teams use Mike Epstein's ergonomicaly and bio-mechanically correct swing. The program/clinic was brought by the Beaumont Blast potent select program, but was open to the public.....I have laughed at Bridge City's wonderful new Girls Softball Coach, Coach Sissy, stand with her mouth open as Junior Catcher Jessica "Biscuit" LeMoine and Sophamore Pitcher/3rd Base, Megan Godwin, stroke Home run after Home run over the fence! These two girls play select team ball for the Beaumont Blast, and were some of the first in Texas to be trained in Mike Epstein's superior hitting mode....If you are interested, you can read a little about this ergonomically correct method of superior hitting at www.MikeEpsteinHitting.com (http://www.MikeEpsteinHitting.com) ....The Beaumont Blast has 6 teams of Select players at different age groups, and pride themselves in bringing just good athletes into superior select team status with progressive new methods of teaching, this being just one of them....The interesting thing is that other Beaumont Blast trained girls like Holly Tankersley, of Kirbyville, and a number of others are also knocking ball over the fence!

<small>[ March 09, 2003, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Phil C
03-10-2003, 12:32 PM
Good Information Old. Thank you.