PDA

View Full Version : La Grange(5-1) @ Smithville (1-5)

Pudlugger
10-04-2015, 06:27 AM
Will the Leopards bounce back from their near miss with Yoakum and get their defense rolling again? Hopefully the sprinklers will not come on and the leps will get a handle on the football and limit the turnovers. As for their pass defense hopefully they will be working on how to defend without getting the flag for interference. They are a much better team than their last two games and giving a good dose of old fashion whup azz is just what the doctor ordered. Leps by 28.

Blue42
10-04-2015, 08:37 PM
I would worry less about the score and more about keeping the boys healthy we went down 5 players after we played them and this happens every time we play them easy win but hard on the team. Good luck to the LEPS not only for the win but for the health of the team.

Scoop27
10-04-2015, 09:37 PM
When was the last year that Smithville won this game?
Is it considered a big rivalry?

Pudlugger
10-05-2015, 05:44 AM
When was the last year that Smithville won this game?
Is it considered a big rivalry?

Smithville considers it a big rivalry not so much for LG though. 2008 they beat us 38-0 on our own turf. We had a total mental meltdown that game and went 6-4 on the year and missed the playoffs on a three way tie with Giddings and Sealy iirc. Before that it was 1998. That 2008 game is why i always worry about playing Smithville. They always play up when we meet them. For the past 15 years or so they have been way down so it is the habit of the Leps to assume an easy win. It is therefore a trap game. It is more difficult to maintain the necessary concentration and focus hence more risk of errors, turnovers penalties and unfortunately injuries. I really dread playing the Tigers especially on there field. I hope for a clean and well played game and a solid Lep win every year but it often is ugly. Go Leps.

Pudlugger
10-09-2015, 06:41 AM
Game day finally. Good luck to the Leps tonight in Smithville and here's hoping for a clean injury free game. Leps get the monkey off their back tonight and recover from the fumblelitis and penalty flu plaguing them the past two weeks. Go Leps!

Pudlugger
10-10-2015, 08:23 AM
I would worry less about the score and more about keeping the boys healthy we went down 5 players after we played them and this happens every time we play them easy win but hard on the team. Good luck to the LEPS not only for the win but for the health of the team.

Well we came out healthy but what a dirty game the Tigers played! Kudos to Coach Kates for sticking up for his boys and getting the personal foul for it. That galvanized the players and fans and we kicked some butt from there on out. Terrible officiating with a blind eye towards all the cheap shots holding and punching from the Tigers. I hate going to Smithville, parking on the street 3 blocks away, no sidewalks or street lights, old wood bleachers, cement field with no room on the sidelines, poor officiating and dirty play from the home town boys. Oh, and they ran out of bottled water at halftime. Looking forward to next week when we play Caldwell at home. The Hornets are always a class act.

Blue42
10-10-2015, 10:47 AM
Well we came out healthy but what a dirty game the Tigers played! Kudos to Coach Kates for sticking up for his boys and getting the personal foul for it. That galvanized the players and fans and we kicked some butt from there on out. Terrible officiating with a blind eye towards all the cheap shots holding and punching from the Tigers. I hate going to Smithville, parking on the street 3 blocks away, no sidewalks or street lights, old wood bleachers, cement field with no room on the sidelines, poor officiating and dirty play from the home town boys. Oh, and they ran out of bottled water at halftime. Looking forward to next week when we play Caldwell at home. The Hornets are always a class act.
Yep I know what you're talking about hope Cuero doesn't play them next year for my own child's health.

YTBulldogs
10-10-2015, 11:00 AM
How the UIL/Texas Dept. of Health allows this field to be used is beyond me? Safety hazard. South EZ, has rear pylon sitting on the track. That's how close the track is to the playing surface. North goal post crossbar, use to be 2 foot higher than the South one. Light standard poles about 25' high. Gravel pits all over the field. You schedule them for ND, your asking for it. They in your district, well---good luck coming out healthy.

PappaFeelGood
10-10-2015, 10:23 PM
LEPS put the tigers away in the second half. LG staff getting a unsportsmanlike penalty seem to wake the players up. The above posters are correct Barrry Field is horrendous and should be condemned by the UIL. Someone is going to get hurt as the track is a mere 3 steps from the sidelines. The lights are a joke. I thought they outlawed wooded poles. PATHETIC!!!!!!!

duckhunter
10-11-2015, 03:42 PM
Smithville gunna Smithville. Funny how they consider LG to be a big time rivalry game and LG laughs about playing them because their isn't a rivalry at all.....Barry field sucks, but they do have Zimmerhanzels so that's nice

How was the playing surface? Was the field at least green?

Pudlugger
10-11-2015, 04:01 PM
Brown and hard like a week old dog turd.