PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum @ Cuero

YTBulldogs
10-03-2015, 08:43 PM
106th meeting. Cuero demanding overall lead. Yoakum success of late.

Dawgfan64
10-03-2015, 08:52 PM
Wow Yoakum gets credit is being a superstar now because they played a mediocre Lagrange team to the near win Cuero is off the map because they had a couple of bad games And a lot of injuries believe me The Gobblers will beatYoakam this week

I guess I didn't see the post that said Yoakum were superstars. Blue, you are one of the Cuero fan I've come to dislike...luckily you are a minority. Whine and cry about injuries but the bottom line is YOU LOST...to Columbus...Giddings I can see but you have make excuses instead of excepting the fact that Cuero's ranking was a gift based on reputation and not on the team you fielded this year. I also except that stats, rankings, and spreads mean nothing in this game...it's anyone's game...ANYONE that wants it MORE. We have kinda enjoyed beat y'all 4 out of 5 games...yeah, yeah...i know the overall record but what have you done lately? No D'Anthony to pull the offense along this year. Could be a long season...so TRY to be humble because based on your post...you won't take defeat well.

Blue42
10-03-2015, 09:38 PM
Well hopeing to strike up some banter as this place has been dead for weeks. It would be sad to not see at least 100 posts on a Cuero-yoakum game this should be a good one GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snotbubbles
10-03-2015, 10:45 PM
I think them day's of being beat before taking the field, just cause it's Cuero, is over for Yoakum. Couple that with a quality new HC, and some young talent who don't know better, and is getting the new system down, Yoakum wins by 14. I seen a few of these, and regardless injury's, anything can happen. Might have to drive to C for this one. Not sure there is a better atmosphere this certain Friday Night in the state. 106? Still longest? I know once it was. Best wishes to both.

Blue42
10-03-2015, 10:45 PM
To all the Yoakum tailgaters sorry for our school construction projects going on where yawl would set up before games but good news saved some room by the Port a Potties.

YTBulldogs
10-03-2015, 10:50 PM
To all the Yoakum tailgaters sorry for our school construction projects going on where yawl would set up before games but good news saved some room by the Port a Potties.

Great, we will have them turkey legs prepared regardless. Might be setting up on Walmart grounds prior, then mosey through the pasture for the desert.:wave: Porta potties. That's what coke bottles are for. Can't miss viewing to pee.

Dawgfan64
10-03-2015, 10:58 PM
Always the Game of the week in our area. The crystal ball goes out the window when the Dogs and the Gobblers play...it's a rivalry 106 year in the making. If you can't get excited for the Cuero game...you may already be dead. Go DOGS!

iFootball
10-03-2015, 11:03 PM
I can see but you have make excuses instead of excepting the fact that Cuero's ranking was a gift based on reputation and not on the team you fielded this year... you won't take defeat well.

Cuero's ranking is never a "gift".
On paper, prior to games being played (Martinez, a strong runner, was taking over QB and D Hopkins' younger brother was Leading the Gobblers on offense and defense), Cuero looked like a contender. We all know up to this point Cuero has looked anything but a region contender, but district starts now, and we will see what happens.

NO ONE in this great rivalry between Cuero and Yoakum takes defeat well!

It's accepting not excepting.

Blue42
10-03-2015, 11:03 PM
Great, we will have them turkey legs prepared regardless. Might be setting up on Walmart grounds prior, then mosey through the pasture for the desert.:wave: Porta potties. That's what coke bottles are for. Can't miss viewing to pee.

Cool I’ll talk to the manager at Wally World to mark off some space where they keep the manure for you guys to set up.:taunt:

Dawgfan64
10-03-2015, 11:09 PM
Cuero's ranking is never a "gift".
On paper, prior to games being played (Martinez, a strong runner, was taking over QB and D Hopkins' younger brother was Leading the Gobblers on offense and defense), Cuero looked like a contender. We all know up to this point Cuero has looked anything but a region contender, but district starts now, and we will see what happens.

NO ONE in this great rivalry between Cuero and Yoakum takes defeat well!

It's accepting not excepting.

Thanks for the grammar lesson...I need to slow down and not write with so much emotion. BTW...I left the "ing" off beat also. You can extend your editing skills to Blue42 too. This game does bring out the emotion in everyone. Looking forward to a great game even if we have to hike in from the park across 87 to see it.

Blue42
10-03-2015, 11:17 PM
Don’t you Bulldogs be dragging your butts across our new turf. :evillol:

bd62
10-03-2015, 11:22 PM
Cool I’ll talk to the manager at Wally World to mark off some space where they keep the manure for you guys to set up.:taunt:

Lol -Stir that Pot Blue. You got some live back on board. Takes a Cuero-Yoakum game to get it going. Fun stuff.

iFootball
10-03-2015, 11:24 PM
Looking forward to great game even if we have to hike in from the park across 87 to see it.

The parking problem is because of bad design and planning! Even Cuero folks are complaining. Your best bet is to park by the junior high and intermediate schools. There are a couple parking lots and solid ground to park on.

YTBulldogs
10-03-2015, 11:33 PM
The parking problem is because of bad design and planning! Even Cuero folks are complaining. Your best bet is to park by the junior high and intermediate schools. There are a couple parking lots and solid ground to park on.

Thanks iFootball. I will forward on. Come early can't hurt too.:thumbsup:

Blue42
10-03-2015, 11:33 PM
Yep parking will be bad, also its Turkey fest week its the perfect storm.:vrycnfsd:

YTBulldogs
10-03-2015, 11:34 PM
Yep parking will be bad, also its Turkey fest week its the perfect storm.:vrycnfsd:

Might have 10k standing around at this one then.

YTBulldogs
10-03-2015, 11:40 PM

This bad?

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/12138559_10153274934858074_2472141838302273490_o.j pg

Blue42
10-03-2015, 11:45 PM
This bad?

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/12138559_10153274934858074_2472141838302273490_o.j pg

I think I found Waldo

SaltySixes
10-03-2015, 11:54 PM
Yoakum > Cuero

Blue42
10-03-2015, 11:55 PM
Go mean green !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PurplePop
10-04-2015, 10:27 AM
Except and accept gets me every time. Along with wonder and wander. Like, "I've been wandering about Cuero for weeks." (That was for Dawgfan64, BTW.)

Dawgfan64
10-04-2015, 12:27 PM
Except and accept gets me every time. Along with wonder and wander. Like, "I've been wandering about Cuero for weeks." (That was for Dawgfan64, BTW.)

That's alright Pop...I've been wondering about Cuero for years

44INAROW
10-04-2015, 07:35 PM
At least there is some chatter about the game.... The grammar corrections make me laugh.... My kids call me a grammar snob😳. I cringe at the use (and lack, thereof) of grammar and spelling errors, but this is a sports forum, not an English class😆. But when I read " me and him" or "I seen it" I usually disregard the content. Oops, there I go again, being a grammar snob😁

I hope the Gobblers come out fired up and kick some Bulldog butt.... Be careful on the drive down to all the visitors.......

**** disclaimer.... To this day, I still have problems with lay/lie and good/well.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Blue42
10-04-2015, 08:02 PM
That's alright Pop...I've been wondering about Cuero for years

Wondering why we are so awesome happens a lot but fellows be careful you might turn GREEN with envy.
Go Mean Green!

Blue42
10-04-2015, 08:10 PM
At least there is some chatter about the game.... The grammar corrections make me laugh.... My kids call me a grammar snob��. I cringe at the use (and lack, thereof) of grammar and spelling errors, but this is a sports forum, not an English class��. But when I read " me and him" or "I seen it" I usually disregard the content. Oops, there I go again, being a grammar snob��

I hope the Gobblers come out fired up and kick some Bulldog butt.... Be careful on the drive down to all the visitors.......

**** disclaimer.... To this day, I still have problems with lay/lie and good/well.....

Lorie my wife cringes every time she sees my spelling and grammar but I’m too old to learn now or to care.

bluecat
10-04-2015, 09:54 PM
At least there is some chatter about the game.... The grammar corrections make me laugh.... My kids call me a grammar snob😳. I cringe at the use (and lack, thereof) of grammar and spelling errors, but this is a sports forum, not an English class😆. But when I read " me and him" or "I seen it" I usually disregard the content. Oops, there I go again, being a grammar snob😁

44 sounds like you are old school such as I am. I was there back in the 70"s when Cuero had one of the longest winning streaks in the nation. I admired the discipline that Buster instilled in his teams and we at Yoakum for many years took the brunt of those superb Cuero football teams. Now I have a nephew who plays for Yoakum and watching him brings back some of those hard fought battles between the Bulldogs & Gobblers.No matter who wins this game both teams reserve this annual game to bring their best effort. Both teams are young and both will do their best to bring back the bragging rights for another year. I used to love what this game meant to the teams the coaches and the communities who loved to gig our neighbors to the North or South for another year. That being said, the Bulldogs are gona Kick da Stuffing out of them Turkeys this year!

PurplePop
10-05-2015, 07:24 AM
Yoakum has quietly tweaked their offense into something pretty damn potent. They, of course, have the extremely talented soph. Moore twins (I didn't plan that play on words. Just happened.) One of them had been at QB and one at RB/WR. Now, it looks like they have another very talented soph. QB Tyron Brooks handing to one of the Moore's and throwing to both of them and putting up some pretty good running yards himself. That three headed monster is a new threat in Region IV. Maybe a little too young this year. Maybe not.

I'll go with Yoakum over Cuero
35 - 21

Old Green
10-05-2015, 07:39 AM
The parking problem is because of bad design and planning! Even Cuero folks are complaining. Your best bet is to park by the junior high and intermediate schools. There are a couple parking lots and solid ground to park on.:2thumbsup:ditto::iagree:

bd62
10-06-2015, 10:55 AM
This will be a great game between 2 very young teams . Yoakum has 8 Soph on varsity and 7 are starters.
Cuero has 3 freshman on varsity and many sophs and jrs. Cuero has the injury bug hit them at the Smithville game but I heard from a Cuero Friend that all but one will be back. The kid that is out is a soph and is a fierce competior and great kid. My GS played with his brother for many yrs and comes from a great family. Yoakum should have all there starters ready with some normal minor injuries for this time of yr.
Coach Robinson has used this non dist schedule to move kids around all season to see who fits best and I think he found the right kids for each position.
The Brooks kid moved to QB when Josh Moore was injuried in Luling He has done a super job running and passing and gets better each game. He had over 300 yds total offense against La Grange . Josh had around 140 yds receiving and 3 TD and Jordan Had over 120 yds total yds and 3 TD.
It going to be a very physical and emotional game to the end. But whatever happens win or lose these two teams have a bright future and by playoffs will be a force to reckon with I know a lot of kids from both schools with ties to Yoakum where my kids went to school and all my GS in Cuero . One on Freshman team and one on 8 grade team and 3 more in lower grades . The kids on both teams are super kids and both Head Coaches are Class acts I seen around 40 of these games and or always a special week. I think Old Green has seen more of these than me and he would say the same thing about being a special game. Good luck to both teams and main thing no injuries.

iFootball
10-07-2015, 07:12 PM
Just curious... During the 106 games played between these two schools why wasn't this rivalry game given a name? There is the Battle of the Bell for Cameron-Rockdale in 3A, The Battle of the Axe for Sherman-Denison, San Antonio schools have the Gucci Bowl for Churchill-Clark and the Chili Bowl for Fox Texh-Lanier. There is also the Battle of the Arroyo in the valley for Harlingen-San Benito and the Battle of the Lakes for Westlake-Lake Travis.

Dawgfan64
10-07-2015, 08:18 PM
Just curious... During the 106 games played between these two schools why wasn't this rivalry game given a name? There is the Battle of the Bell for Cameron-Rockdale in 3A, The Battle of the Axe for Sherman-Denison, San Antonio schools have the Gucci Bowl for Churchill-Clark and the Chili Bowl for Fox Texh-Lanier. There is also the Battle of the Arroyo in the valley for Harlingen-San Benito and the Battle of the Lakes for Westlake-Lake Travis.

Someone would have to coin a name that both sides could agree on...and seeing that we don't like each other much during this week of the year, I doubt there could be consensus. We could make it easy and call it the blue-green bowl but Gobbler fans would want top billing...green-blue bowl.

GobblersUnite
10-09-2015, 05:52 PM
Go Gobblers!

44INAROW
10-09-2015, 10:42 PM
Gobblers won 28-18. Woohoo - way to go Gobblers🏈💚

LV_Bearfan
10-09-2015, 10:45 PM
Nice win. Gobblers breaking through...

Blue42
10-09-2015, 11:10 PM
OK wars over for this year back to being neighbors friends and family good luck Yoakam on the rest of the season.

bd62
10-09-2015, 11:30 PM
Congs Cuero on a great game by you guys. Hated to see the guys getting throw out early in game but that was stupid for those kids to behave like that. That's not team football to behave like that.I believe the Head Coaches will correct that attitude before next game.

Gobbler Fan
10-09-2015, 11:46 PM
I guess I didn't see the post that said Yoakum were superstars. Blue, you are one of the Cuero fan I've come to dislike...luckily you are a minority. Whine and cry about injuries but the bottom line is YOU LOST...to Columbus...Giddings I can see but you have make excuses instead of excepting the fact that Cuero's ranking was a gift based on reputation and not on the team you fielded this year. I also except that stats, rankings, and spreads mean nothing in this game...it's anyone's game...ANYONE that wants it MORE. We have kinda enjoyed beat y'all 4 out of 5 games...yeah, yeah...i know the overall record but what have you done lately? No D'Anthony to pull the offense along this year. Could be a long season...so TRY to be humble because based on your post...you won't take defeat well.

How will you take it?

YTBulldogs
10-10-2015, 01:13 AM
Congrats Cuero on the victory.

Pudlugger
10-10-2015, 08:31 AM
Great win for Cuero. I think Yoakum must have had an mental letdown after the strong showing in their OT loss to the Leps. Can't go up against the Gobblers with anything less than 110%! I picked the Bulldogs to win going away and they got beat fair and square. Rivalry games can be like that though. Good luck to both teams going forward.

Dawgfan64
10-10-2015, 08:38 AM
How will you take it?

We played flat. You won. How else can we take it. We move on and try to play the rest of the season. Good luck to the Gobblers for the rest of 2015

bd62
10-10-2015, 09:33 AM
Great win for Cuero. I think Yoakum must have had an mental letdown after the strong showing in their OT loss to the Leps. Can't go up against the Gobblers with anything less than 110%! I picked the Bulldogs to win going away and they got beat fair and square. Rivalry games can be like that though. Good luck to both teams going forward.

No mental letdown Pug. Cuero just played very physical early and outmatched Yoakum in the trenches. Had nothing to do with playing Lagrange in a OT game. Had everything to do with Cuero playing great. They played each other for 106 yrs and both teams play hard but Yoakum ran into a team that played lites out. Credit to Yoakum for fighting to the end but bottom line is they were outmatched last nite. Both teams are young and have a bright future for next several yrs

Blue42
10-10-2015, 10:16 AM
Not the Gobblers best game lots of mistakes lots of Penalties I go the the Practices and have a kid playing the Gobblers are still not at even 80%but its High school football and young kids it is what it is.

YTBulldogs
10-10-2015, 10:38 AM
No mental letdown Pug. Cuero just played very physical early and outmatched Yoakum in the trenches. Had nothing to do with playing Lagrange in a OT game. Had everything to do with Cuero playing great. They played each other for 106 yrs and both teams play hard but Yoakum ran into a team that played lites out. Credit to Yoakum for fighting to the end but bottom line is they were outmatched last nite. Both teams are young and have a bright future for next several yrs

:thumbsup: Was a Cuero earned victory. Congrats.

Blue42
10-10-2015, 04:51 PM
Congs Cuero on a great game by you guys. Hated to see the guys getting throw out early in game but that was stupid for those kids to behave like that. That's not team football to behave like that.I believe the Head Coaches will correct that attitude before next game.

Looking at replay our #29 John R got a raw deal great kid never in trouble and his Mom and Dad are the salt of the earth people was unfair and sad for him.

bd62
10-11-2015, 12:11 AM
Looking at replay our #29 John R got a raw deal great kid never in trouble and his Mom and Dad are the salt of the earth people was unfair and sad for him.

I agree Blue .i only saw 9 of Cuero and 10 of Yoakum involved in the altercation. After that they could have picked out several guys from both teams when they got into it on field. Why thy picked 29 was a surprise