PDA

View Full Version : Is Navarro Real?

bag-o-chips
10-03-2015, 12:21 AM
Thoughts from the board and be honest. Yes our SOS is bad but what are your thoughts since we arrived in the classification the 3A now 4A in 2010? This is a teaser from the paper about the game with La Vernia.

How's that for a statement? The Panthers beat La Vernia for the first time ever in a 45-7 thrashing. It was sweet revenge against the only team to defeat them in the 2014 regular season. Navarro ran for 385 yards and passed for 93. Tanner Law led the way with 197 yards rushing. Navarro now heads into district play with a 5-0 record.

LV was worried about the pass that the edge was open for the run all night.

I was on the fence but after tonight I think we may have a shot to make a deep run!

10ForTheWin
10-03-2015, 12:27 AM
Tonight shocked me, I said us by 25 last weekend, and I thought that was a stretch. But Navarro was kicking on all cylinders tonight and I believed looked like a top 5 team. The defense was what impressed me the most, I counted 6 or 7 first downs that were caused by a penalty, and a whole lot of 3rd/4th and 1 yard where our D got the stop. Its gonna be a fun year to watch that is for sure!

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

10ForTheWin
10-03-2015, 12:27 AM
Oh and the Law kid can flat out run! He has impressed me all season

bag-o-chips
10-03-2015, 12:32 AM
Weaver is not a bad fill in as well!

bag-o-chips
10-03-2015, 12:33 AM
First time the starters had played past the 1st series or two in the 3rd quarter as well. If they stay healthy they will be tough!

10ForTheWin
10-03-2015, 12:44 AM
Weaver is not a bad fill in as well!
Very, very quick

iFootball
10-03-2015, 01:10 AM
I saw a young and extremely talented Navarro team play Cuero last year in the playoffs and I mentioned it then that Navarro will be tough this year. I believe Navarro will take Region 4 over Sinton.

d0tc0m
10-03-2015, 10:16 AM
I've seen just a handful of Navarro highlights. But from those I have watched, the Panthers look to have a very nice team. The offensive line does a nice job with those slot-t blocking schemes. The QB looks efficient and runs the offense very well, and there are a couple of pretty quick backs. By all accounts, Navarro has a good looking squad.

The SOS is a little suspect, but the Panthers have done what you're supposed to do with lesser competition. That said, I don't know if Navarro will have quite enough to get out of Region IV. I think they can compete for the Region title, but Sinton's defense is very good and very quick. I don't think the Panthers slot-t would have much success against the Pirates. But, I also thought there was no way Liberty Hill had a shot in hell at knocking off Celina in the 2006 title game.

All that said, Navarro is a fun team to cheer for. I hope they make a lot of playoff noise next month!

bag-o-chips
10-04-2015, 08:35 AM
Navarro had 498 yds offense and held LV to 197 yds and 7 points. Coach Goad is now 77-23 at Navarro as this was his 100th game.
Navarro tallied 399 yards rushing, finding holes all over a talented defense that seemed to have none a year ago. Slot back Tanner Law led the way with a Panthers’ season high 197 yards and two touchdowns on 13 carries.

I think the Comfort game where Navarro passed for 312 yds set up LV for the rushing in this game. The edge of the field was open all night.

bag-o-chips
10-04-2015, 08:48 AM
http://i.imgur.com/NUmeGEd.jpg

bag-o-chips
10-04-2015, 08:50 AM
http://i.imgur.com/lo1TjNK.jpg

PurplePop
10-04-2015, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the pics, b-o-c. The unsung heroes for Navarro (as for most teams) are the o-linemen. Those guys run more in a football game than anyone but the RB's. The advantage of being smaller than most teams we play is that we have very athletic linemen. That's Leo Juarez (#78) in both pics.