PDA

View Full Version : La Grange is coming back tonight

Pudlugger
10-02-2015, 07:24 AM
As mark Twain famously said upon reading his obituary erroneously posted in the newspaper of the day, the rumors of my demise are premature. Well the rumors of the La Grange Leopard's demise as a contender are also premature. We lep folks took a beating last Friday from a very underrated football team in Fredericksburg. That was tough and we went to ground here on the board. But tonight we have another chance to prove our worth. Folks on here are now predicting Giddings will win our district and beat us. That will not happen. We will come to play tonight and take it to Yoakum and right this ship. We learned much from the loss in the Hill Country and got the target off our backs too. We will be a better team tonight and going forward. It is better to get the loss in predistrict now then latter in the playoffs. Watch out Yoakum the Leopards are in a mood and it is not a good one. :mad:

d0tc0m
10-02-2015, 08:31 AM
Leps should roll Yoakum easily tonight. But I don't know if last week's loss took the target off your back. It's going to be hard not to have that target there as long as Dobbins is taking the handoffs.

buff4ever
10-02-2015, 08:33 AM
Careful pud, you are trying to talk to your kids thru the download again. You guys will dominate Yoakum tonite though, I agree with that.

LG is just fine, level the pud like stuff behind. You have been doing so well of late.

Pudlugger
10-02-2015, 09:06 AM
Careful pud, you are trying to talk to your kids thru the download again. You guys will dominate Yoakum tonite though, I agree with that.

LG is just fine, level the pud like stuff behind. You have been doing so well of late.

I'm not talking to the kids I'm talking for them. Leps will shake it off and come to play tonight. Good luck in Cuero tonight Buff you guys will roll.

bd62
10-02-2015, 09:26 AM
Pug -Lagrange was going to take it to Yoakum even if you had beat the Billies by 35 points. Yoakum has a big challenge starting Dist against Cuero and Sinton in next 2 games . They want improvement and no injuries against Lagrange. Yoakum is a very young team that learning what varsity football all about. A loss by Lagrange in a non dist game against a good Fredricksburg Team is not a bad thing. It will re-focus the Leps and they be better for it down the line. Its always been a pleasure to play Lagrange because there Coaches and Fans have always been a class act and it shows with the kids attitude. I just wish our former AD could have schedule them earlier in year and not right before Dist. If we play Lagrange next yr. Bo will make sure that does not happen. It's a a very good chance Yoakum will drop to 3A next year. There numbers are below last realignment cutoff for 4A.

Pudlugger
10-02-2015, 11:33 PM
Well we came back and limped over the finish line winning 42-41 in double OT. Yoakum as always came to play and never gave up. Their capitalizing on numerous Lep penalties and turnovers almost cost us the win. Yoakum played a solid game and gave us all we could handle. They are much better than advertised for sure. Go Leps Beat Smithville

buff4ever
10-03-2015, 12:35 AM
Prayers for the lg students and town. Tough thing for the kids to have to go through. A win in an emotional time is just that, a win.

bd62
10-03-2015, 12:53 AM
There was a great tribute for the young Lady after the game . It was very emotional for Lagrange Students and Fans. The Yoakum Players and Fans showed there Respect by not leaving the Field untill the Tribute and Prayers were completed. Our prayer go out to the Family and the Community of Lagrange.

hookandladder
10-03-2015, 08:21 AM
Very difficult time this week with this tradegy to such a great kid, Yoakum is a class act town as normal.

Pudlugger
10-03-2015, 08:27 AM
Very difficult time this week with this tradegy to such a great kid, Yoakum is a class act town as normal.

Yoakum played a great game and are indeed a class act. The Bulldogs always play us tough as the rivalry goes back many years. Yoakum, Gonzales and Cuero are three teams the leps love to play and always get the best from them.

Last night was very difficult for the players, coaches and fans who mourn the loss of a this beautiful young lady who died so suddenly and tragically. Prayers for her family and friends.

YTBulldogs
10-03-2015, 09:34 AM
Condolences to her Family and the LG Family. It's all that matters really. Proud of you young pups. Great growing lesson by how you conducted yourself after the game, then what you did during.

WOS1
10-03-2015, 10:48 AM
What happened to the young lady? Car wreck?

Pudlugger
10-03-2015, 12:44 PM
Cerebral hemorrhage from a congenital ruptured aneurysm(Berry Aneurysm).

Scoop27
10-03-2015, 12:53 PM
Wish I could have seen this game-especially going into overtime-I covered three overtime games-one when Wharton and Sweeny played way back when