PDA

View Full Version : The Mount Rushmore of your school

d0tc0m
10-01-2015, 11:14 AM
Bye weeks ... they kill me.

I would be curious to hear who y'all would put on the Mount Rushmore of your program. It can include players/coaches, and what year those players/coaches were associated with the program. Figured it might get some good conversation going and bring up some good stories and memories to get the majority of us through the open week.

coach
10-01-2015, 11:32 AM
Larry Rose III, Kyle Lightsey, Tony Brackens, and Devin Eggins

Larry is currently the starting rb for New Mexico St and led his team to the state championship game in 2013 and was the corner stone of the 2nd best offense in all of Texas High School Football. (according to points in a year)

Kyle Lightsey - he was a stud. played alll 4 years at rb/lb but was plagued by a knee injury his Jr. year.

Tony Brackens - An All American at the University of Texas and was a Pro Bowler for the Jacksonville Jaguars

Devin Eggins - Played middle line backer for 3 years and led the entire nation in tackles his Jr. year and had ober 400 tackles in 2 years. He was an All American his Sr. year. He is the only one that might be considered not in the top 4.

Others to consider are Lewis Cheek who played at ATm and Miami Dolphins and Winfred Tubbs who played at Texas and the 9ers.

Gsquared
10-01-2015, 11:41 AM
Junior Lopez. We used to call him trash bags cuz he was huge and we joked that his clothes had to be made out of trash bags in order to fit him. One day in the 5th grade at recess he was on my team and he scored like 3 goals in 10 mins without even moving. He would just stand in front of the opposing goal and wait for the ball to get to him. We didn't play by offsides rules etc...

Joey Lunceford. We called him Joey Lunchford. Like Junior Lopez, he was huge. He could eat about 25 of those square lunch room pieces of pizza in one sitting.

Bryan Gibbs. He is my cousin. Once we were on our way back from playing the Howe Bulldogs and we stopped at McDonalds and Bryan ate 14 of those little McDonalds hamburgers in 8 mins. He also had a pancake block in the game against Howe.

Me. Cuz, I like me.

d0tc0m
10-01-2015, 11:43 AM

Larry is currently the starting rb for New Mexico St and led his team to the state championship game in 2013 and was the corner stone of the 2nd best offense in all of Texas High School Football. (according to points in a year)

Kyle Lightsey - he was a stud. played alll 4 years at rb/lb but was plagued by a knee injury his Jr. year.

Tony Brackens - An All American at the University of Texas and was a Pro Bowler for the Jacksonville Jaguars

Devin Eggins - Played middle line backer for 3 years and led the entire nation in tackles his Jr. year and had ober 400 tackles in 2 years. He was an All American his Sr. year. He is the only one that might be considered not in the top 4.

Others to consider are Lewis Cheek who played at ATm and Miami Dolphins and Winfred Tubbs who played at Texas and the 9ers.

Rose was unbelievable. Sure was fun to watch.

d0tc0m
10-01-2015, 11:43 AM
Junior Lopez. We used to call him trash bags cuz he was huge and we joked that his clothes had to be made out of trash bags in order to fit him. One day in the 5th grade at recess he was on my team and he scored like 3 goals in 10 mins without even moving. He would just stand in front of the opposing goal and wait for the ball to get to him. We didn't play by offsides rules etc...

Joey Lunceford. We called him Joey Lunchford. Like Junior Lopez, he was huge. He could eat about 25 of those square lunch room pieces of pizza in one sitting.

Bryan Gibbs. He is my cousin. Once we were on our way back from playing the Howe Bulldogs and we stopped at McDonalds and Bryan ate 14 of those little McDonalds hamburgers in 8 mins. He also had a pancake block in the game against Howe.

Me. Cuz, I like me.

Classic.

coach
10-01-2015, 11:51 AM
Rose was unbelievable. Sure was fun to watch.

Yes he was. I try to watch him every saturday.

Rabid Cougar
10-01-2015, 03:53 PM
Cameron Yoemen

Its going to have to be a big mountain.

Rick Rhoads- Present Coach
Traion Smith - Presently on the team
DD Westbrook - Presently WR at Oklahoma
Billy Pittman - UT's 2005 National Championship Team
Paul Wayne Johnson- possibly the best qb ever at Cameron. Went to A&M
Nelson Huffman- two time All-State MLB on SC team - played at Baylor mid '80s
Oscar Riggins- RB on '81 SC Team Human Bowling Ball.
Toby York- Coach of first State Championship Team in '81
Ronnie Bennett- The face on the Yoemen in the late 70's
Jafus White- Graduated in 1974, All-American at Texas A&I Drafted by the Green Bay Packers.
Ed Cauley - very popular coach in the 70's. Still lives in Cameron.
Wayne Kirk - UT 1970 National Championship Team.
Mack McKinney - UT 1969
Mike Perrin - UT 1968 Present Interim Athletic Director UT
Drayton McLane - Former owner of McLane Distribution, the Houston Astros and namesake of Baylor Stadium.
Lawrence Sullivan Ross - Confederate General, 19th Governor of Texas and the First President of the A&M College of Texas. ( I don't think he played football at Cameron.)

d0tc0m
10-01-2015, 04:08 PM
Cameron Yoemen

Jafus White- Graduated in 1974, All-American at Texas A&I Drafted by the Green Bay Packers.
Mack McKinney - UT 1969
Drayton McLane - Former owner of McLane Distribution, the Houston Astros and namesake of Baylor Stadium.
Lawrence Sullivan Ross - Confederate General, 19th Governor of Texas and the First President of the A&M College of Texas. ( I don't think he played football at Cameron.)

Quite the list. So which 4 would actually make the Rushmore cut?

91 lion
10-01-2015, 04:32 PM
Wow! What a question.

I have no doubts that us Brownwood Lions will differ on this, but I know that we have at least 1 consensus pick. Gordon Wood. After that it gets dicey, but here goes.

Gordon Wood
Larry Elkins
Jaxon Shipley
Colby Freeman (Slight nod over Kirby. They both were tremendous in different ways)

Honorable Mention
Randy Allen
Sam Harrell
Kirby Freeman
Brad Butler
Kenny Vacarro
Graylon Brown

Next Level
Casey Pachall
Keven Green
Lee Grimes
Jason Cauble

toddg
10-01-2015, 04:33 PM
Wow! What a question.

I have no doubts that us Brownwood Lions will differ on this, but I know that we have at least 1 consensus pick. Gordon Wood. After that it gets dicey, but here goes.

Gordon Wood
Larry Elkins
Jaxon Shipley
Colby Freeman (Slight nod over Kirby. They both were tremendous in different ways)

Honorable Mention
Randy Allen
Sam Harrell
Kirby Freeman
Brad Butler
Kenny Vacarro
Graylon Brown

Next Level
Casey Pachall
Keven Green
Lee Grimes
Jason Cauble
Allred...Southall's all of them..?...Shipley was a mercenary

91 lion
10-01-2015, 04:42 PM
Allred...Southall's all of them..?...Shipley was a mercenary

The Southall clan for sure...especially the dad that was Wood's asst for years and years.

91 lion
10-01-2015, 04:51 PM
The Southall clan for sure...especially the dad that was Wood's asst for years and years.

Honestly, there are so many that I missed, like Shelby Miller, Jewel Brown, Terry Caurruthers, Jason Allred....that's why I can't wait til the other Lions chime in with their top 4.

Rabid Cougar
10-01-2015, 04:55 PM
Quite the list. So which 4 would actually make the Rushmore cut?

Who said there had to be four??????

nobogey72
10-01-2015, 04:58 PM
Wow! What a question.

Gordon Wood
Larry Elkins
Jaxon Shipley

Honorable Mention
Randy Allen
Sam Harrell
Kirby Freeman
Brad Butler
Kenny Vacarro
Graylon Brown

Next Level
Casey Pachall
Keven Green
Lee Grimes
Jason Cauble

Dang Lion, you left off some pretty big names: Bob Young (several time All-Pro), Jerry Don Gleaton (MLB all star)
Us older guys rememberguys like this , unfortunately

91 lion
10-01-2015, 05:01 PM
Dang Lion, you left off some pretty big names: Bob Young (several time All-Pro), Jerry Don Gleaton (MLB all star)
Us older guys rememberguys like this , unfortunately

BELIEVE me!!! I know I did!!....that's why I said it would be dicey, and a great topic.

FYI, I kept it to football only....Shelby Miller was that good on the gridiron...baseball not withstanding.

d0tc0m
10-01-2015, 05:01 PM

Well, it's the Mount Rushmore of your program. Sooo ....

d0tc0m
10-01-2015, 05:03 PM
I should've specified in the original post, but I had football only in mind. I think the beauty of this conversation is there is no right/wrong answers. Every program has a ton of guys that could/should make the list, and cutting it down to four is incredibly difficult.

91 lion
10-01-2015, 05:05 PM
I should've specified in the original post, but I had football only in mind. I think the beauty of this conversation is there is no right/wrong answers. Every program has a ton of guys that could/should make the list, and cutting it down to four is incredibly difficult.

So true. Great topic .com

WOS87
10-01-2015, 05:20 PM
West Orange-Stark
the first four that come to mind

Earl Thomas current safety for the Seattle Seahawks - 4x Pro Bowler, Super Bowl Champion XLVIII
Kevin Smith, former cornerback for the Dallas Cowboys - 3x Super Bowl Champion XXVII, XXVIII and XXX
Chris Cole, former wide receiver for the Denver Broncos.
Greg Hill, former cornerback for the Houston Oilers, Kansas City Chiefs and Los Angeles Raiders

d0tc0m
10-01-2015, 05:27 PM
I know Celina fans will have differing opinions, and rightfully so. I'm still having a tough time deciding who should make the cut. But here's what I've got for my Bobcats:

G.A. Moore - this one was easy. He's what made Celina Celina.
Adam Herrin - QB'd the 98, 99 and 2000 state title teams and was an incredible/hard-hitting free safety on defense.
Adam Harvey - the 2A Offensive Player of the Year in 2001. Probably the best RB in Celina history. I'll never forget him just taking over the game in the 01 title game against Garrison. He was dog tired at the end of that game, but he kept looking to the sideline and pounding his chest, telling the coaches to feed him the rock.
Troy McCartney - the fourth spot was the hardest one for me. The other three were easy. But McCartney is in discussion for best RB in Celina history. Helped the Bobcats get to the 3A state title game in 06, 07 and 08. He made a legendary play late in the 4th quarter in the 2007 championship game against a dang good China Spring team that essentially won the game for the Bobcats.

Honorable mention:

Butch Ford - championed the 10-1 Special for the Bobcats as the defensive coordinator under Moore. Then took over in 2002, led the Bobcats to four straight title games in 05-08, winning in 05 (2A) and 07 (3A).
Jared Martin - the RB on Celina's 95 championship team. He essentially set the mold of the kind of players that would personify Celina and help the Bobcats become a powerhouse.
Chris Torbert - played RB and LB for the 05 championship team that scored 800 something points and gave up just 74 total the whole year. Coach Elliot used to say he was the best he ever coached.
Breck Holman - the diminutive DE for Celina in 06-07. He was about 5'3, but he was so dang fast off the edge. Maybe the most fun defender to watch in Celina history, and I think the all-time sack leader. I'll never forget him being matched up with the MASSIVE offensive tackle from Brownsboro in the 06 playoffs. That tackle was about 6'6 or 6'7 and 300+ pounds. Breck owned him all game and had like 5-7 sacks in that win.

Plenty of others who deserve recognition, too.

d0tc0m
10-01-2015, 05:46 PM
West Orange-Stark
the first four that come to mind

Earl Thomas current safety for the Seattle Seahawks - 4x Pro Bowler, Super Bowl Champion XLVIII
Kevin Smith, former cornerback for the Dallas Cowboys - 3x Super Bowl Champion XXVII, XXVIII and XXX
Chris Cole, former wide receiver for the Denver Broncos.
Greg Hill, former cornerback for the Houston Oilers, Kansas City Chiefs and Los Angeles Raiders

Wow. That's a distinguished list right there.

91 lion
10-01-2015, 05:50 PM
Wow! What a question.

Gordon Wood
Larry Elkins
Jaxon Shipley

Honorable Mention
Randy Allen
Sam Harrell
Kirby Freeman
Brad Butler
Kenny Vacarro
Graylon Brown

Next Level
Casey Pachall
Keven Green
Lee Grimes
Jason Cauble

Ok....what was I THINKING!!!

I left off quite possibly the most deserving Lion of all....right there with Gordon Wood.

His name.....

Dallas Huston!

For those from Brownwood, it's well known what he means to Brownwood football.

There......I feel much better!

toddg
10-01-2015, 06:04 PM
Ok....what was I THINKING!!!

I left off quite possibly the most deserving Lion of all....right there with Gordon Wood.

His name.....

Dallas Huston!

For those from Brownwood, it's well known what he means to Brownwood football.

There......I feel much better!he was and is greatness..calls the game as he sees it with honesty and integrity..makes you feel like you're right there watching the game with him

Antlers
10-01-2015, 06:13 PM
Nice list for Brownwood. When I was at Tivy we played against Brad Butler. He was a very accurate QB.

bobcat1
10-01-2015, 06:15 PM
I know Celina fans will have differing opinions, and rightfully so. I'm still having a tough time deciding who should make the cut. But here's what I've got for my Bobcats:

G.A. Moore - this one was easy. He's what made Celina Celina.
Adam Herrin - QB'd the 98, 99 and 2000 state title teams and was an incredible/hard-hitting free safety on defense.
Adam Harvey - the 2A Offensive Player of the Year in 2001. Probably the best RB in Celina history. I'll never forget him just taking over the game in the 01 title game against Garrison. He was dog tired at the end of that game, but he kept looking to the sideline and pounding his chest, telling the coaches to feed him the rock.
Troy McCartney - the fourth spot was the hardest one for me. The other three were easy. But McCartney is in discussion for best RB in Celina history. Helped the Bobcats get to the 3A state title game in 06, 07 and 08. He made a legendary play late in the 4th quarter in the 2007 championship game against a dang good China Spring team that essentially won the game for the Bobcats.

Honorable mention:

Butch Ford - championed the 10-1 Special for the Bobcats as the defensive coordinator under Moore. Then took over in 2002, led the Bobcats to four straight title games in 05-08, winning in 05 (2A) and 07 (3A).
Jared Martin - the RB on Celina's 95 championship team. He essentially set the mold of the kind of players that would personify Celina and help the Bobcats become a powerhouse.
Chris Torbert - played RB and LB for the 05 championship team that scored 800 something points and gave up just 74 total the whole year. Coach Elliot used to say he was the best he ever coached.
Breck Holman - the diminutive DE for Celina in 06-07. He was about 5'3, but he was so dang fast off the edge. Maybe the most fun defender to watch in Celina history, and I think the all-time sack leader. I'll never forget him being matched up with the MASSIVE offensive tackle from Brownsboro in the 06 playoffs. That tackle was about 6'6 or 6'7 and 300+ pounds. Breck owned him all game and had like 5-7 sacks in that win.

Plenty of others who deserve recognition, too.
That was 07 on Breck Holman against Lonnie Edwards from Brownsboro. I know in 2012-2013 Edwards was on the Broncos in Denver. He played at TTU.

BwdLion73
10-01-2015, 06:29 PM
Best way to do it for Brownwood is google "Gordon Wood Hall of Champions". Take a look at the site if you are a High School Football Fan.
Better yet you can take the tour next time your in Bwd.

Lots of interesting stuff in there.

d0tc0m
10-01-2015, 06:30 PM
That was 07 on Breck Holman against Lonnie Edwards from Brownsboro. I know in 2012-2013 Edwards was on the Broncos in Denver. He played at TTU.

That's crazy, didn't know he went pro. That was definitely the 2006 Region II finals, though.

91 lion
10-01-2015, 08:27 PM
Best way to do it for Brownwood is google "Gordon Wood Hall of Champions". Take a look at the site if you are a High School Football Fan.
Better yet you can take the tour next time your in Bwd.

Lots of interesting stuff in there.

Absolutely, and I'm glad you mentioned that site 73. There are some nes there that I had forgotten and are definitely worthy. Do you know the inductees from the last few years? They're not listed. Only 3 names since 86.....Im sure that there will be a few more added that are very deserving soon.

Btw, I said Jason Allred earlier when I actually meant his not-so-little brother Hut Allred. Great player and glad to see his name listed in the hall.

briandumith*
10-01-2015, 09:50 PM
My list will only be from 2007 till today as I did not follow Graham before this but My guys would stand up anytime I am sure..

Case McCoy (d1) Texas
Landon Gonzales (d1) Texas St.
Bryce Reeves (d1) Texas A&M
Dustin McWhorter (d1) Texas St.

2nd set:
Dillon Gonzales (college) Midwestern
Ben Davis
Bohner Cottongame (still playing could move up)
Mike Freeze (d1) TCU

3rd set
Colton Langly
Dylan Fulford
Derek Sides (college) M.H.B.U.
Husky Melendez

Hon. Mention
Cameron Bailey
Jerrod Mahan
Chanse Moss (d1) North Texas
Spur Hearne (college) H.S.U.

hollywood
10-01-2015, 09:59 PM
Nice list for Brownwood. When I was at Tivy we played against Brad Butler. He was a very accurate QB.

Did you graduate 90 or 91? My Sr year, we traveled to Tivy in the Fall of '90 to play in a highly anticipated pre-district game. Turned out to live up to the hype. It was a knock down drag out smash mouth football game. Tivy had a very good RB (can't remember his name) that we contained pretty well. We ended up losing that game. Talk about a loooooong ride home in the ole Lions charter.

Weebe
10-01-2015, 10:07 PM
El Campo

I'll go with:

1. Glen Lippman
2. Heath Sherman
3. Stephen Norman
4. Joey Hunt

Next two: Michael Perry and Arkeith Brown

hollywood
10-01-2015, 10:14 PM
Stephenville:

1) Kevin Kolb - QB - U of Houston, Philephia Eagles, Arizona Cardinals
2) Cody Davis - FS - TTU (#WreckEm), St. Louis Rams
3) Kelan Luker - QB - SMU, Submersed rock band (He set national passing records in HS)
4) Jarrett Stidham - QB - Baylor (current true freshman back-up behind Seth Russell)

Many more worthy of a top 20 list

FB-fanatic
10-01-2015, 11:14 PM
Rushing Yards, Career:
5,750-John Henry, 1986-1989
1987 State Championship, Baylor University

Total Points, Season:
251-Harris Coleman, 2012
Rushing TD's (31); 2XP (6); XP (35); FG (6)

Evan Ward
Wildcat Back 2009 Remarkable second half of season run to
take Lorena 4-deep UMHB

Austin Alsup
O-line 2013
University of Texas

maestro
10-02-2015, 05:37 AM
El Campo

I'll go with:

1. Glen Lippman
2. Heath Sherman
3. Stephen Norman
4. Joey Hunt

Next two: Michael Perry and Arkeith Brown

Michael Perry should be bumped up there. A tremendous running back and an even better person. He is always so polite and humble that you sometimes forget that he was very hard to catch and tackle on the field.

bobcat1
10-02-2015, 06:17 AM

That's crazy, didn't know he went pro. That was definitely the 2006 Region II finals, though.I stand corrected. At 59 memory is a fleeting thing.

d0tc0m
10-02-2015, 08:24 AM
I stand corrected. At 59 memory is a fleeting thing.

Ah, that's alright. Mine's not perfect, either.

I'd be curious to hear your Celina Rushmore, though, Bobcat. I know I left some good ones off my list, maybe most notably Anthony Lynn.

jason
10-02-2015, 08:25 AM
Stephenville:

1) Kevin Kolb - QB - U of Houston, Philephia Eagles, Arizona Cardinals
2) Cody Davis - FS - TTU (#WreckEm), St. Louis Rams
3) Kelan Luker - QB - SMU, Submersed rock band (He set national passing records in HS)
4) Jarrett Stidham - QB - Baylor (current true freshman back-up behind Seth Russell)

Many more worthy of a top 20 list

art briles?

coach
10-02-2015, 08:59 AM
Cameron Yoemen

Mack McKinney - UT 1969

What about Charles Foster? I heard he was a beast when he was at Cameron

coach
10-02-2015, 09:01 AM

Well , when we said make your Mt. Rushmore... that kinda tells you to only make 4

coach
10-02-2015, 09:04 AM

I am canging mine. Didn't think we could do coaches. I am replacing Kyle Lightsey with HC Randy Angel

Rabid Cougar
10-02-2015, 09:12 AM
What about Charles Foster? I heard he was a beast when he was at Cameron

Thanks for the reminder. And Charles Foster - Played DT for U of H Actually his sister should be on there too. She was also a beast (Discus and Shot State Champion mulitple years.)

There are probably lots more of pre 1960's that I am just unaware of.

coach
10-02-2015, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the reminder. And Charles Foster - Played DT for U of H Actually his sister should be on there too. She was also a beast (Discus and Shot State Champion mulitple years.)

Cute gal too. I'd hit it.

coach
10-02-2015, 09:18 AM

i have a great story about Foster getting cussed out by Kevin Sumlin when he was at UofH. Should I tell it?

nobogey72
10-02-2015, 09:26 AM
Wylie:

Ernie Park--- OL graduated in early 60's and was an All-Pro for the SD Chargers. Has an AFL Championship ring.
Ken Blackmon--- OL late 80's or early 90's. Started for Univ. of Illinois and played several years in NFL
Case Keenum--- Most passing yardage of any college QB EVER. Currently with St. Louis Rams
Hugh Sandifer--- no explanation necessary.

Celina8
10-02-2015, 09:35 AM
Of Course GA Moore is at the top as well as Butch Ford , and Virgil Miller who turned Celina into a winning program. In terms of Players I will just say Anthony Lynn RB 1985 would have to top all others as he played in two Super Bowls winning both, and is an NFL Running Backs Coach with the New York Jets.

Rabid Cougar
10-02-2015, 09:38 AM
Well , when we said make your Mt. Rushmore... that kinda tells you to only make 4

I said mine was going to be a very big mountain.

So what is your criteria to make the list? Just what they did at "Your school" or their over all "body" of work as the "FACE" of your school?

Take Mike Perrin for example. Two time All SWC LB for UT , successful lawyer, now interim Athletic Director of UT.

And then there is Jafus White, All American at Texas A&I . Only Cameron Yoeman ever drafted into the NFL. Played two years and what .......... nothing.

Drayton McLane played sparingly at Cameron .... never played sports at Baylor or Michigan State and you see what he has done.

or Oscar Riggins.... After a questionable transfer from Abilene High probably would not have won the SC in 1981 without him. Didn't play college football or if he did I never heard. Went to prison. Ended up shot to death.

or a three year starter that never was better than 2nd Team All District who played on the '81 SC Team. Went to Texas A&M as a member of the Corps of Cadets. Was one of 263 students ( and two girls) that tried out for the 12th Man Kick Off Team and played on 2 SWC Championship Teams. Married his Bonfire Buddy and has worked for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for 29 years; 1 1/2 years of that in combat zones. Has raised fine upstanding two boyswho know right from wrong and are very successful in their endevours.

Personally he last guy mentioned deserves it more than some that were but that is not the way the game is played.

Rabid Cougar
10-02-2015, 09:39 AM
i have a great story about Foster getting cussed out by Kevin Sumlin when he was at UofH. Should I tell it?

Naw. Because he probably wasn't the only one that was.

d0tc0m
10-02-2015, 09:46 AM

So what is your criteria to make the list? Just what they did at "Your school" or their over all "body" of work as the "FACE" of your school?

Take Mike Perrin for example. Two time All SWC LB for UT , successful lawyer, now interim Athletic Director of UT.

And then there is Jafus White, All American at Texas A&I . Only Cameron Yoeman ever drafted into the NFL. Played two years and what .......... nothing.

Drayton McLane played sparingly at Cameron .... never played sports at Baylor or Michigan State and you see what he has done.

or Oscar Riggins.... After a questionable transfer from Abilene High probably would not have won the SC in 1981 without him. Didn't play college football or if he did I never heard. Went to prison. Ended up shot to death.

or a three year starter that never was better than 2nd Team All District who played on the '81 SC Team. Went to Texas A&M as a member of the Corps of Cadets. Was one of 263 students ( and two girls) that tried out for the 12th Man Kick Off Team and played on 2 SWC Championship Teams. Married his Bonfire Buddy and has worked for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for 29 years; 1 1/2 years of that in combat zones. Has raised fine upstanding two boyswho know right from wrong and are very successful in their endevours.

Personally he last guy mentioned deserves it more than some that were but that is not the way the game is played.

I should have specified a little more clearly when I started the thread. But what I had in mind was the Mount Rushmore of your school's football program. And it could feature players/coaches, but there is probably room for broadcasters/boosters, etc. I just figured most programs would only have space for maybe one head coach and them three stories players.

coach
10-02-2015, 09:48 AM

My criteria was the 4 best players I could think of. Then I thought were there any others who did something incredible for our program. Its kinda vague but I think I got it right.

Aggie98
10-02-2015, 10:20 AM
Buddy Humphrey - All-SWC QB for Baylor in the 50's... played for Cowboys, Eagles, Cardinals and Oilers

E.D. Jackson - RB for Arkansas Razorbacks in late 80's

Jamar Toombs - RB for Texas A&M in late 90's

Wayne Daniels - All-American DE for TCU in 2010, Rose Bowl Champ.

exbull
10-02-2015, 10:39 AM
Bridgeport

1. Kyle Clifton Played LB for the New York Jets and is still the all time tackle leader for the Jets.
2. Colin Jones Currently plays Safety for the Carolina Panthers, played Safety for TCU.
3. Phillip Daughtery Went on to play QB at Texas Tech and then Sam Houston. Passed for 10,136 yards in only 3 years in High School.
4. Danny Henson turned an embarrassing program (won 28 total games the 13 years before he arrived) into a playoff caliber team almost every year.

Runners Up
Josh Goolsby Played linebacker for TCU
Mike Thomas Played DL for UNT before a neck injury ended his career.
Jacob Allen Went on to win a JC national Championship at Trinity Valley Junior College, then went on to Play Qb at Auburn.

Antlers
10-02-2015, 11:48 AM
Did you graduate 90 or 91? My Sr year, we traveled to Tivy in the Fall of '90 to play in a highly anticipated pre-district game. Turned out to live up to the hype. It was a knock down drag out smash mouth football game. Tivy had a very good RB (can't remember his name) that we contained pretty well. We ended up losing that game. Talk about a loooooong ride home in the ole Lions charter.

I graduated in ' 91 from Tivy. The RB you are talking about his name is Yoncy Edmonds. Those Tivy vs Brownwood game were always tough games.

RkptFltn
10-02-2015, 11:57 AM
Dat Nguyen

FB-fanatic
10-02-2015, 12:41 PM
Dat Nguyen

I'd be proud to put him up there 4 times...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

coach
10-02-2015, 01:34 PM
What about the Mt. Rushmore of Texas High School Football. They have had to play or be a head coach for THSFB.

Rabid Cougar
10-02-2015, 01:35 PM
Dat Nguyen

:2thumbsup

Rabid Cougar
10-02-2015, 01:43 PM
What about the Mt. Rushmore of Texas High School Football. They have had to play or be a head coach for THSFB.

Sammy Baugh
Earl Cambell
Bob Lilly
Tommy Nobis

BwdLions
10-02-2015, 01:58 PM
Gordon Wood - 396 Wins, 7 State titles at Brownwood in 22 years, 2 State Titles at Stamford, (Even though he was my coach and a very good man, I never held it against him that he graduated from Wylie)
Morris Southall - Faithful assistant to Coach Wood that knew the game of football. IMO he deserves (almost) as much credit for the success at Brownwood as Coach Wood.
Lawrence Elkins - Baylor-2 Time All American, Houston Oilers, College Football Hall of Fame
Bob Young - 16 Year NFL Career, 2 time Pro Bowl, Competed in Strongest Man Competition several years

teetle
10-02-2015, 02:41 PM
Mines hastes to bes. Eric (the Dick) Dickerson and T.J. Mills.:2thumbsup:2thumbsup:2thumbsup:2thumbsup