PDA

View Full Version : Texas vs TCU

Saggy Aggie
09-30-2015, 07:32 PM
This one oughta be fun

Macarthur
10-01-2015, 09:35 AM
It should be good. I think TCU wins it. I don't think TCU will gift 14 to Texas like OSU did, and TCU has so much more offensive firepower than OSU and even ND. I don't think Texas has seen an offense like they are going to see Saturday. Plus, TCU gets two of their better DL back this week.

I say something like 41-21

Roughneck93
10-01-2015, 11:09 PM
Doctson will keep the Texas secondary busy all day....

https://i.imgflip.com/rx6vc.gif (https://imgflip.com/gif/rx6vc)

New Taiton
10-02-2015, 08:45 AM
Where all the longhorn fans go?

I think Texas covers but they're going to need their defense to score a touchdown or two like they did last week.

Jury is still out on Heard. He had a QBR of 14.5 last week and of the 27 points, the defense scored 14, Tyrone Swoopes scored 7, and Nick Rose scored 6. So while Heard moves the ball better that Swoopes did, Heard didn't put any points on the board.

Saggy Aggie
10-02-2015, 04:51 PM
Where all the longhorn fans go?

I think Texas covers but they're going to need their defense to score a touchdown or two like they did last week.

Jury is still out on Heard. He had a QBR of 14.5 last week and of the 27 points, the defense scored 14, Tyrone Swoopes scored 7, and Nick Rose scored 6. So while Heard moves the ball better that Swoopes did, Heard didn't put any points on the board.

What agonizing fashion will they lose in this week?

1st and goal
10-02-2015, 06:59 PM
They finally have no legs to stand on....

or

Maybe they are taking a long, long, nap hoping that when they wake up, it was all just a bad dream.

or

Maybe they are trying to catch real fish instead of hardheads and skip jacks.

Roughneck93
10-03-2015, 11:04 AM
Hook'em!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1474779476/11070222TBG_LHN128x128v2_bigger.jpgLonghorn Network
@LonghornNetwork (https://twitter.com/LonghornNetwork)

Todd McShay asked Gary Patterson what the biggest challenge for his D is today. Patterson: “We've beaten better with less.”

:ack!:

Roughneck93
10-03-2015, 11:10 AM
Ouch....

Daje just got rocked.

Roughneck93
10-03-2015, 11:20 AM
Special teams....lol

Long day coming up.

Roughneck93
10-03-2015, 11:25 AM
Nice catch by Doctson....

Roughneck93
10-03-2015, 11:39 AM
Damn, what is going on with special teams...

Roughneck93
10-03-2015, 11:40 AM
Wow....

The rout is on.

Still 5 minutes left in the first quarter.

Roughneck93
10-03-2015, 11:54 AM
30-0 in the 1st quarter....

Saggy Aggie
10-03-2015, 12:23 PM
Guess it's just gonna be a good old fashioned ass whooping this week.

Saggy Aggie
10-03-2015, 12:38 PM
Will Texas have more wins or core values this season?

Roughneck93
10-03-2015, 12:39 PM
Too easy....

Roughneck93
10-03-2015, 12:47 PM
Will Texas have more wins or core values this season?

Horns will fall 2 wins short of matching their core values.

Scoop27
10-03-2015, 12:50 PM
What an ugly fiasco for the Horns-They may not even score in the game

Roughneck93
10-03-2015, 01:15 PM
Turpin having a huge day.

Roughneck93
10-03-2015, 02:18 PM
Say it ain't so....

Texas CB Kris Boyd Retweeted a Tweet About Transferring During Halftime Against TCU....

http://thebiglead.com/2015/10/03/texas-cb-kris-boyd-retweeted-a-tweet-about-transferring-during-halftime-against-tcu/

Roughneck93
10-03-2015, 02:23 PM
Yay, shoutout avoided...:rolleyes:

Saggy Aggie
10-03-2015, 02:35 PM
Yay, shoutout avoided...:rolleyes:

Swoopes! Lol

Saggy Aggie
10-03-2015, 02:42 PM
Kris Boyd tweeting about transferring during halftime of the game lol

Roughneck93
10-03-2015, 03:24 PM
Kris Boyd tweeting about transferring during halftime of the game lol

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Abandon.gif

Gen.Pat
10-03-2015, 08:21 PM
Tough loss for the Horns . They got sawed off today.

PhiI C
10-03-2015, 09:14 PM
We probably could have held it to a 23 -7 loss but started off on the wrong foot and had to gamble early and the game got away.

FB-fanatic
10-03-2015, 09:44 PM
Why are we not using all of our play clock!

FB-fanatic
10-03-2015, 10:22 PM
Why are we not using all of our play clock!

Oops..definitely wrong thread.

Saggy Aggie
10-03-2015, 10:49 PM
Charlie Strong's record at Texas: 7-11

Kevin Sumlin's record at A&M: 33-11

What do yall think?

1st and goal
10-04-2015, 07:25 AM
What an ugly fiasco for the Horns-They may not even score in the game

I was at a funeral, did they score on TCU's 3rd string?

Horns need core values. Especially right now.

Rabid Cougar
10-04-2015, 09:08 AM
We probably could have held it to a 23 -7 loss but started off on the wrong foot and had to gamble early and the game got away.

In what universe? Patterson called off the dogs.

Macarthur
10-04-2015, 09:40 AM

Yeah, I'm not sure what game you were watching but TCU could have scored 80, if they wanted to. Texas has big big problems. They have a coach that is in way over his head and they have a real talent issue. And now it seems 'his' players are already tuning out and its not even half way through the season.

hookandladder
10-04-2015, 12:43 PM
Texas definitely has some major issues all over, also Heard is not the answer at QB either and I don't care how many HS state championships he won. QB is the leader of most all solid teams, even if the defense is not playing well he has to step up his game. No more excuses, got to find a QB that can play at the next level and Swoopes and Heard are not it. Now I know how Baylor, TCU and the aggys felt a few years ago when their teams sucked, will take time to repair all the damage.

duckhunter
10-04-2015, 03:07 PM
Texas definitely has some major issues all over, also Heard is not the answer at QB either and I don't care how many HS state championships he won. QB is the leader of most all solid teams, even if the defense is not playing well he has to step up his game. No more excuses, got to find a QB that can play at the next level and Swoopes and Heard are not it. Now I know how Baylor, TCU and the aggys felt a few years ago when their teams sucked, will take time to repair all the damage.

Finding a qb is the least of their problems....

regaleagle
10-04-2015, 04:21 PM

I totally disagree with your assessment of Heard. He would be a very good qb for UT if they had some players to go to and a line that could block. Heard cannot do it by himself, but he is loaded with all the skills. He's got speed, an accurate good arm, and the ability to scramble and throw on the run. In a different year with a decent Texas team, Heard would be a very good qb for the Longhorns. On a side note, I was not happy when they hired Strong.

Roughneck93
10-04-2015, 04:36 PM
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h419/trueblue74/FDBFB3D6-5865-4476-BE45-58FB4AF68216.png.jpeg (http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/trueblue74/media/FDBFB3D6-5865-4476-BE45-58FB4AF68216.png.jpeg.html)

hookandladder
10-04-2015, 06:12 PM
I totally disagree with your assessment of Heard. He would be a very good qb for UT if they had some players to go to and a line that could block. Heard cannot do it by himself, but he is loaded with all the skills. He's got speed, an accurate good arm, and the ability to scramble and throw on the run. In a different year with a decent Texas team, Heard would be a very good qb for the Longhorns. On a side note, I was not happy when they hired Strong.

His arm strength is average at best and acrurcy is nowhere near most top D 1 program QB's, he would be 3rd string at best for ATM. You cannot depend all on your feet to be successful at this level, as I have said before I hope he proves me wrong. He is a great kid and roomed with my son at all games last year but at this time I just do not see him as the future for the horns, he needs lots of work to be that guy. Just my two cents.

Macarthur
10-04-2015, 09:29 PM
Now I know how Baylor, TCU and the aggys felt a few years ago when their teams sucked, will take time to repair all the damage.

lol yeah because you're such a long time horn fan!

Scoop27
10-04-2015, 09:29 PM
I agree hook and ladder. It all comes to winning some games which will be few and far between this year. They will be lucky to beat Tech

Macarthur
10-04-2015, 09:47 PM
I agree hook and ladder. It all comes to winning some games which will be few and far between this year. They will be lucky to beat Tech

Are you kidding? More like miracle. Tech will hang 50 on them too.

hookandladder
10-05-2015, 06:47 AM

*** you *******, been a Horn fan probably longer then you have been alive. Fans like you are such losers, nothing but a bandwagon fan.

Macarthur
10-05-2015, 08:48 AM
You are why so many fan bases love to see longhorn fail.

New Taiton
10-05-2015, 08:55 AM

:clap:

New Taiton
10-05-2015, 09:05 AM
In all seriousness, I think Texas will be fine on defense if they can recruit more excellent players like Jefferson, Hill, and Boyd. With those three being true freshman we can only assume they'll get better. I didn't expect Texas to be worse than A&M was last year on defense, but when you realize what they lost it makes sense. It's just kind of startling since Coach Strong is a "defensive minded" guy.

Offensively they have to find an identity. The Big 12 has turned into a conference where 600 yards of offense and 90 points is the norm. Nobody can field a defense that can stop this so you have to field an offense that can keep pace. Seems like Texas needs to find the best OC they can afford and try to entice offensive guys to sign with Texas. Dixon from Navasota is a great start but I'm not so sure he'll stick around if there is nobody to distribute the ball. It makes you feel for Deandre McNeal who was promised the first pass of the 2015 season until it was realized there's no QB to get him the ball. Texas is five games in and McNeal doesn't have one reception.

It sure will be interesting to see if the Texas boosters will give Charlie his third year. Mike and Mike were talking about this on the radio this morning. They admitted that Charlie was probably their fourth choice as none of the top tier guys wanted the job. They insist that if he's fired they won't be able to field one of their top two choices again because the program will be even worse. I disagree and think the amount of money they'll throw at the next coach will be too much to decline. Remember - they're Texas....

Macarthur
10-05-2015, 09:11 AM
In all seriousness, I think Texas will be fine on defense if they can recruit more excellent players like Jefferson, Hill, and Boyd. With those three being true freshman we can only assume they'll get better. I didn't expect Texas to be worse than A&M was last year on defense, but when you realize what they lost it makes sense. It's just kind of startling since Coach Strong is a "defensive minded" guy.

Offensively they have to find an identity. The Big 12 has turned into a conference where 600 yards of offense and 90 points is the norm. Nobody can field a defense that can stop this so you have to field an offense that can keep pace. Seems like Texas needs to find the best OC they can afford and try to entice offensive guys to sign with Texas. Dixon from Navasota is a great start but I'm not so sure he'll stick around if there is nobody to distribute the ball. It makes you feel for Deandre McNeal who was promised the first pass of the 2015 season until it was realized there's no QB to get him the ball. Texas is five games in and McNeal doesn't have one reception.

It sure will be interesting to see if the Texas boosters will give Charlie his third year. Mike and Mike were talking about this on the radio this morning. They admitted that Charlie was probably their fourth choice as none of the top tier guys wanted the job. They insist that if he's fired they won't be able to field one of their top two choices again because the program will be even worse. I disagree and think the amount of money they'll throw at the next coach will be too much to decline. Remember - they're Texas....

I think you make some valid points. Before the season, I kept saying that their defense was going to have some issues because they lost 6 guys to the NFL! That's a lot to replace.

And you're right on offense. They need to find a top notch OC. Boykin had issues his sophomore year and Patterson brought in quality offensive coaches and it turned his career around. I personally do not think Heard is the answer, either. Something hook and I actually agree on, but I think he could benefit from better offensive coaching just like Boykin.

Macarthur
10-05-2015, 09:13 AM
Frankly, I think what UT needs to keep hoping for is continued failure for Chip Kelley in Philly. That could be a good fit at the end of this season.

hookandladder
10-05-2015, 10:14 AM
Texas just needs some talented players, plain and simple. The talent level is so far off compared to TCU and Baylor, Texas is two years away from having enough talent to compete against the best. Strong is not the problem, now a good OC would help for sure. Also I said before the season started that I did not think Texas would even be as good as last year if anything about the same, just a huge gap in talent and not sure why. Was it Mack's recruiting or did the players just not pan out, does not really matter anymore but I still feel Strong is good for at least one to two more years for sure. If no improvement next year, good chance he is gone.

Macarthur
10-05-2015, 11:41 AM
I think Strong is a good coach. I just think it is a bad fit.

And you're right, there is a talent deficit. Here's the issue UT has to answer (and others):

Where does he rank in the league?

I think there are CLEARLY 4 coaches that are better - Patterson, Briles, Stoops & Snyder

I think you could argue that OSU and TT coaches are close. So at best, UT has the 4th or 5th best coach in the league. That is hard to imagine with their resources. And I don't think there is anything out there that can happen in the next year or two that would elevate STrong above Briles, Patterson or Stoops. Now, UT can overcome this because they have such a huge recruiting advantage, but that advantage is being negated by the success A&M is having and now Baylor and TCU are recruiting classes on par with UT. You're right - there is a talent gap and that doesn't change overnight. The biggest issue is finding a QB. It sure doesn't look like the guy to turn things around is on campus right now, and while the Beuchele kid looks pretty good, I don't think he's a game changer. Baylor just brought in arguably the best QB in the state last year and TCU has the top guy committed for 2017 (Shawn Robison). I just don't see much hope of them turning things around quickly.

hookandladder
10-05-2015, 01:21 PM
I think Strong is a good coach. I just think it is a bad fit.

And you're right, there is a talent deficit. Here's the issue UT has to answer (and others):

Where does he rank in the league?

I think there are CLEARLY 4 coaches that are better - Patterson, Briles, Stoops & Snyder

I think you could argue that OSU and TT coaches are close. So at best, UT has the 4th or 5th best coach in the league. That is hard to imagine with their resources. And I don't think there is anything out there that can happen in the next year or two that would elevate STrong above Briles, Patterson or Stoops. Now, UT can overcome this because they have such a huge recruiting advantage, but that advantage is being negated by the success A&M is having and now Baylor and TCU are recruiting classes on par with UT. You're right - there is a talent gap and that doesn't change overnight. The biggest issue is finding a QB. It sure doesn't look like the guy to turn things around is on campus right now, and while the Beuchele kid looks pretty good, I don't think he's a game changer. Baylor just brought in arguably the best QB in the state last year and TCU has the top guy committed for 2017 (Shawn Robison). I just don't see much hope of them turning things around quickly.

That is just your opinion on where Strong stands as a coach which means nothing unless you have 20 plus years of coaching at this level are above and have been successful, you know what they say about opinions there like ass holes everybody has one.

Macarthur
10-05-2015, 01:49 PM
So because I haven't coached D1 ball for 20 years, my opinion means nothing?

You are such a tool. You can't have a legitimate sports conversation with you without you being an insulting ass.

hookandladder
10-05-2015, 02:58 PM
So because I haven't coached D1 ball for 20 years, my opinion means nothing?

You are such a tool. You can't have a legitimate sports conversation with you without you being an insulting ass.

No just stating the facts, you just have an opinion which is your right but does not mean there is any truth in what you are saying. You just cannot handle when someone disagrees with your opinion weather you admit it or not, so when you talk **** to me just expect it right back. Your one of those guys that reads negative **** off the internet and jumps on the bandwagon if it is a team you dislike. Just the facts, mac.

Macarthur
10-05-2015, 03:54 PM
You do realize you are completely incoherent, right?

Roughneck93
10-05-2015, 06:30 PM
http://youtu.be/XMm1pWFsZmY

New Taiton
10-05-2015, 07:47 PM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/longhorns/2015/10/longhorns-taking-infighting-to-media-twitter/

This is great. Now the Texas players have taken to Twitter and are calling out teammates. L O L!

1st and goal
10-05-2015, 08:02 PM
Peyton Manning couldn't Qb that team to a winning season.

hookandladder
10-06-2015, 06:19 AM
You do realize you are completely incoherent, right?

Whatever mac, you are always right. LMAO

hookandladder
10-06-2015, 06:20 AM
Peyton Manning couldn't Qb that team to a winning season.

Kinda like them buffs the last few years, LOl.

hookandladder
10-06-2015, 06:22 AM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/longhorns/2015/10/longhorns-taking-infighting-to-media-twitter/

This is great. Now the Texas players have taken to Twitter and are calling out teammates. L O L!

You gotta love social media, got to give the boards something to talk about. What about RSJ, guess it's ok to tweet during a game if your an aggy. LOl.

New Taiton
10-06-2015, 08:16 AM
You gotta love social media, got to give the boards something to talk about. What about RSJ, guess it's ok to tweet during a game if your an aggy. LOl.

Bahahwhahahwhahhahahahaaa.

RSJ gets kicked out of the game for making a football play, proceeds to get the stadium rocking on his exit, Mississippi State goes 3 and out on the next possession and we score. While he's taking a shower and getting dressed, he tweets something to the affect of "I love the 12th Man". Texas A&M goes on to win.

Kris Boyd goes into the locker room at halftime down at least 30-0. Coach Strong gives them a talk, etc. Kris grabs his phone and retweets something to the affect of "Kris - when you going to transfer to Texas A&M". Kris and the Longhorns proceed to lose 50-7.

Apples and mangos poooooooor hooooooook much to your dismay. Hahaha.

But it does not compare to the pissing match the longhorn players are conducting in the public eye from yesterdays media session. Freshmen calling out seniors, seniors calling out freshman, etc. etc. etc. LOL.

New Taiton
10-06-2015, 08:22 AM

This post deserves a second response:

Bhahahahwhwhahahahwahwhahaahhaah!

LOl

NastySlot
10-06-2015, 08:26 AM
Frankly, I think what UT needs to keep hoping for is continued failure for Chip Kelley in Philly. That could be a good fit at the end of this season.

This would be classic that clown show would go from Mr Core Values to Mr. NCAA Investigation and his Show Cause.....LMAO

Macarthur
10-06-2015, 09:00 AM
Bahahwhahahwhahhahahahaaa.

RSJ gets kicked out of the game for making a football play, proceeds to get the stadium rocking on his exit, Mississippi State goes 3 and out on the next possession and we score. While he's taking a shower and getting dressed, he tweets something to the affect of "I love the 12th Man". Texas A&M goes on to win.

Kris Boyd goes into the locker room at halftime down at least 30-0. Coach Strong gives them a talk, etc. Kris grabs his phone and retweets something to the affect of "Kris - when you going to transfer to Texas A&M". Kris and the Longhorns proceed to lose 50-7.

Apples and mangos poooooooor hooooooook much to your dismay. Hahaha.

But it does not compare to the pissing match the longhorn players are conducting in the public eye from yesterdays media session. Freshmen calling out seniors, seniors calling out freshman, etc. etc. etc. LOL.

I find it funny that Aggies are the one's accused of having a complex regarding UT. Hook can't go have a BM without thinking of some correlation to A&M. :thinking:

coach
10-06-2015, 09:15 AM
The Bama game should be a good one. I will say Bama by 7. But the LSU game will be a blowout if we don't fix something up front to stop the run game.

Weebe
10-07-2015, 06:32 AM
This thread is typical of Texas' fan base.

Don't have the good sense to shut the **** up even when they are getting their brains kicked in.

Phil C
10-07-2015, 01:01 PM
This thread is typical of Texas' fan base.

Don't have the good sense to shut the **** up even when they are getting their brains kicked in.

Need to be politically correct there Weebe.