PDA

View Full Version : Miss State @ A&M

1st and goal
09-30-2015, 10:59 AM
Ok, the Aggies are at almost the same fork in the road as they were last year when they started their downturn. Miss St still has Dak Prescott and some great receivers but I can't remember the bad boy running back they had, and I think he's either hurt or gone.

I think this will be another nail biter like the Aggie/Arky game. I would like to see A&M's offense be able to move the ball better than last week, and for the defense to have better stats against the run.

Macarthur
09-30-2015, 11:27 AM
I think the defense bounces back at home and has a good game.

I think it's a 31-24 aggie win.

Saggy Aggie
09-30-2015, 12:18 PM
Miss st doesn't look as polished as they did last year.

Hoping A&M can pull it out, I'll settle for a squeaker

coach
09-30-2015, 12:53 PM
A night game, at Kyle Field, vs, a ranked team, we are undefeated, and expected to win and make the next big step on national tv.... Yuo. Thats a loss.

1st and goal
09-30-2015, 04:03 PM
I don't know if my heart can take another "squeaker" like last week...

1st and goal
10-02-2015, 07:01 PM
This thread is dead.

This game might be the "watershed event" that tells the tale of the rest of the season.

Saggy Aggie
10-02-2015, 09:29 PM
This thread is dead.

This game might be the "watershed event" that tells the tale of the rest of the season.

Sorta like last year?

Saggy Aggie
10-03-2015, 07:00 PM
A&M with a TD on 4th down on the opening drive, then held miss st to a fg.

Saggy Aggie
10-03-2015, 07:46 PM
Please explain to me how that's targeting??? Shouldn't even be a penalty???

FB-fanatic
10-03-2015, 09:16 PM
Very nice game. I could understand the call in real time, but was just sure they would reverse on video. I have in the past felt that call on replay is normally been conservative, with the penalty being ejection. But not this time. Myles is on fire!

Saggy Aggie
10-03-2015, 10:50 PM
Nice win, ole miss, ND, UGA and UCLA all lose.

Where does A&M end up this week...? 10?

1st and goal
10-04-2015, 07:21 AM
Nice win, ole miss, ND, UGA and UCLA all lose.

Where does A&M end up this week...? 10?

Not sure where they'll end up....random thoughts.

Some of the top teams didn't look so hot.

Bama gave UGA a beatdown while Ole Miss got stomped. Weird.

I was hoping Tech would give Baylor a game...didn't happen.

TCU's thrashing of UT made me think of all those years the opposite happened.....what used to be considered a cupcake game....payback

ASU showed up to play this week after getting stomped last week.

Aggies looked good, but could have been better. Again, Ratley dropped one he should've caught, but caught a good one too. Bad call on Seals Jones.....State got called for hardly any infractions...Myles G is a stud.

You're probably right about the #10ish spot, I'll say 11th just to be different for no particular reason. I met a former Aggie trainer yesterday from Deer Park who told me they'd win. He was right.

Rabid Cougar
10-04-2015, 09:11 AM
Please explain to me how that's targeting??? Shouldn't even be a penalty???

Horrible call. I can see throwing the flag because it looked "bad". Should have easily overturned upon review. They blew it. Also missed a huge black in the back on MSU 50 yd td run. No way they should have missed that. I saw it from the 3rd deck.

Rabid Cougar
10-04-2015, 09:13 AM
Defence showed up last night.

New Taiton
10-05-2015, 09:14 AM
I was happy with the defense. We gave up two TD's and one was a long run. I feel that if we can keep the other team to 21 points or less we should win games. I don't think we match up well with LSU or Bama, but funnier things have happen. If we can eliminate 2nd and 4 like we did this week we have a shot.

Kyle Allen had a great game though he was errant in the second half. I think the shot he took on the goal line at the end of the half shook him up a bit. Spavital called another really good game though I think he got too conservative late in the 3rd quarter. All we needed was one more score to put it out of reach but we couldn't convert.

This is a good team but we're not "special". Best case scenario is for us to win the games we're supposed to and beat two teams between Alabama, LSU, or Ole Miss - worst case would be losing all three of these followed by just winning one. We're so close to being able to recruit top tier defensive guys we just have to compete hard and finish the season in good fashion.

Saggy Aggie
10-05-2015, 07:43 PM
I am so impressed with the improvement of the defense.

They're nothing special yet but they're not awful like last year so I call it a win

1st and goal
10-05-2015, 08:09 PM
I was happy with the defense. We gave up two TD's and one was a long run. I feel that if we can keep the other team to 21 points or less we should win games. I don't think we match up well with LSU or Bama, but funnier things have happen. If we can eliminate 2nd and 4 like we did this week we have a shot.

Kyle Allen had a great game though he was errant in the second half. I think the shot he took on the goal line at the end of the half shook him up a bit. Spavital called another really good game though I think he got too conservative late in the 3rd quarter. All we needed was one more score to put it out of reach but we couldn't convert.

This is a good team but we're not "special". Best case scenario is for us to win the games we're supposed to and beat two teams between Alabama, LSU, or Ole Miss - worst case would be losing all three of these followed by just winning one. We're so close to being able to recruit top tier defensive guys we just have to compete hard and finish the season in good fashion.

Stopping a hard running (up the middle) game will be necessary to beat Bama or LSU. Need run stoppers more than pass rushers. Maybe Daylon Mack can have a break out game. I got tired of watching the Arky Oline hold the entire game.

Having a bye week to have extra time to heal and prepare is a blessing. Hopefully they can take advantage of it.