PDA

View Full Version : Most Accurate State Ranking

ahs_indian_fan
09-29-2015, 10:33 AM
For what its worth, TheOldCoach continually has the most accurate state rankings each week ...

http://www.scout.com/high-school/texas/story/1592216-theoldcoach-week-6-state-rankings

SintonFan_inAustin
09-29-2015, 10:42 AM
For what its worth, TheOldCoach continually has the most accurate state rankings each week ...

http://www.scout.com/high-school/texas/story/1592216-theoldcoach-week-6-state-rankingswhy is it most accurate, it's a poll just like the rest.

warpig
09-29-2015, 10:48 AM
why is it most accurate, it's a poll just like the rest.

Probably because if team A beats team B, team B is not ranked higher than team A. Which is the way it should be.

firstdown
09-29-2015, 11:04 AM
How has La Vega played 6 games?

Rabid Cougar
09-29-2015, 11:16 AM
How has La Vega played 6 games?

They are 5-0.

coach
09-29-2015, 11:31 AM
That's not very accurate. Bellville is not a top 15 team.

Saggy Aggie
09-29-2015, 12:39 PM
I watched WC last Friday, and we are not top 15 material. Maybe we will be later on, but WC has had much better teams the last couple years than they do this year IMO

PurplePop
09-29-2015, 01:04 PM
For 4A-Div.II, all of the polls are pretty close. The top 5 or 6 hasn't changed. For D-I, it looks like the pollsters are pretty consistent but have some disagreement on where La Vega and Carthage fit. I'm D-II, so I don't I don't have a clue for D-I.

coach
09-29-2015, 01:25 PM
I watched WC last Friday, and we are not top 15 material. Maybe we will be later on, but WC has had much better teams the last couple years than they do this year IMO

Who is WC?

91 lion
09-29-2015, 01:27 PM
West Columbia

mwrams
09-29-2015, 05:31 PM
West Columbia

My Rams of Mineral Wells cant get no respect....4-1 averaging over 40 points a game. Never gets ranked....
Showdown with Decatur and Graham looming....

Saggy Aggie
09-29-2015, 05:57 PM
Who is WC?

Let's see coach, if we use our context clues we can see that there is a grand total of one team in the top 15 ranking that would make sense abbreviated as WC....

navscanmaster
09-29-2015, 05:59 PM
Let's see coach, if we use our context clues we can see that there is a grand total of one team in the top 15 ranking that would make sense abbreviated as WC....
Haha

speedbump
09-29-2015, 06:31 PM
Carthage at #5? WC ahead of Stafford? Somebody should tell them what year this is.

Matthew328
09-29-2015, 09:19 PM
It's 2015 :)

I appreciate the feedback either way...I dont think there is any poll thats 100% accurate..its just an opinion that changes week to week...no poll is perfect especially with all the parity in 4A this year....but I do believe my rankings are pretty good...if I didnt I wouldn't do them

toddg
09-29-2015, 09:28 PM
1 Brock is a monster in 3a d1

gatordaze
09-30-2015, 07:12 AM
1 Brock is a monster in 3a d1

I wonder if Brock's success is tied to their size and Celina heritage? Seems that the 10-1 and pounding the rock is perfectly suited at a large 3A (old 2A) classification.

coach
09-30-2015, 09:33 AM
I wonder if Brock's success is tied to their size and Celina heritage? Seems that the 10-1 and pounding the rock is perfectly suited at a large 3A (old 2A) classification.

Brock's success comes from masterfully planning and putting a great pewee league together about 10 years ago to get these boys ready for high school. They new footbal was coming soon and no one in that area had played before so they started getting them ready to go early. And from what i heard it was a true little league. it wasnt giving it to your best player and let ting them run wild. They taught basics to everyone. hats off to Brock.

mwrams
09-30-2015, 09:43 AM
Brock's success comes from masterfully planning and putting a great pewee league together about 10 years ago to get these boys ready for high school. They new footbal was coming soon and no one in that area had played before so they started getting them ready to go early. And from what i heard it was a true little league. it wasnt giving it to your best player and let ting them run wild. They taught basics to everyone. hats off to Brock.

If they're anything like the girls basketball program we know how they got that way. By having girls from and living in Mineral Wells attending school there. Wonder how many of these kids actually live in Weatherford, Mineral Wells or Millsap....just sayin'

toddg
09-30-2015, 09:55 AM
If they're anything like the girls basketball program we know how they got that way. By having girls from and living in Mineral Wells attending school there. Wonder how many of these kids actually live in Weatherford, Mineral Wells or Millsap....just sayin'

...or Aledo

mwrams
09-30-2015, 09:58 AM
[QUOTE=toddg;1874056]...or Aledo[

I know this for fact as one of the starters for the girls State Championship team a couple of years ago lived a few houses away from me in Mineral Wells...I went to school with her parents....I could never figure out how she and another girl were attending Brock and residing here...

1st and goal
09-30-2015, 11:06 AM
While I think Giddings is good, I think they might be ranked too high. More like 10th or so. IMO, they will need to play better D in the playoffs to get far.

I do think they can do it though.

coach
09-30-2015, 11:22 AM

Brock isn't the only school to do that. hell DFW and Houston are the worst. Look at what Bridgeport did in basketball last year. You can't complain that Brock is the only school that doest that.

coach
09-30-2015, 11:23 AM
[QUOTE=toddg;1874056]...or Aledo[

I know this for fact as one of the starters for the girls State Championship team a couple of years ago lived a few houses away from me in Mineral Wells...I went to school with her parents....I could never figure out how she and another girl were attending Brock and residing here...

Did her parents work in Brock's school district?

Matthew328
09-30-2015, 07:19 PM
A lot of people say "My team is good but I dont think they should be ranked that high" remember depth with split divisions is not there..teams that were in the 20-30 range 4-5 yrs ago are now pushing top 10

Dub-C
10-01-2015, 05:11 PM
You may have watched but don't know what was going on. Three players came out of the game for medical issues on defense, not due to injury. One will be out for the next 4 weeks. The 2 others may be back for the start of district. An injured starter who was gonna sit out that game came in too play. Guess what they still won. So until you know they facts, your opinion means zero.