PDA

View Full Version : Texas High School Baseball Magazine is out!

Old Cardinal
01-14-2004, 07:18 PM
I talked to Larry Bodin(Editor) today and he said that Doug Recio(Publisher) has the new issue hot-off-the-press. You can order at 1-800-532-1546. These two have struggled to provide an excellent grade magazine coverage for HS baseball. It would be great if a number of us would order one to help them make a go of this fine effort! Their e-mail is thsb@hotmail.com

pirate4state
01-14-2004, 11:13 PM
Is there are website we can order from??

Phil C
01-15-2004, 10:49 AM
Old do they also have one for softball?

onfirebball05mustang
01-15-2004, 11:05 AM
I'll have to check it out...All texas is covered?
Awesome, thanks for the info

Old Cardinal
01-15-2004, 12:49 PM
To Phil C.---Last year I met with Larry Bodin at Esther's Restaurant and we talked about adding Softball. They would love to do that; however, it has been a struggle to get this Baseball one off and running....Other question, I know of no website to order from but their e-mail is: thsb@hotmail.com If you find out where to order via a website, please post it!

<small>[ January 15, 2004, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Old Cardinal
01-15-2004, 02:36 PM
OK here is the info---Send a check made out to: Texas High School Baseball for $11.95 T.H.S.B., P.O. Box 312050, New Braunfels, Texas 78131-2050....I talked to Doug today and he will mail your copy immediately....Hope this helps

Phil C
01-15-2004, 02:51 PM
Thanks Old and I understand the situation. One thing at a time.

Doon
01-15-2004, 03:19 PM
pirate4state:
Is there are website we can order from??WWW.thsbca.com (http://WWW.thsbca.com)

Good website.

<small>[ January 15, 2004, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Doon ]</small>

Old Cardinal
01-18-2004, 03:01 PM
I received my copy in the mail and it is a good publication. It's interesting in that the schools with marginal programs sent in these glowing reports; while many of the programs that can easily win State had minimum hype or did not turn in any information.

<small>[ January 18, 2004, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

noitall
01-18-2004, 03:45 PM
Is this done by the same company or people that do the football edition? If it is I know I want to get a copy.

Old Cardinal
01-18-2004, 06:27 PM
To Notitall: It is separate and has has no connection to the DFW sports control establishment. Doug Recio use to be a longtime HS Baseball Coach and is a School Principal at New Brunsfels. Larry Bodin, is a longtime Sportswriter and Editor from the Beaumont area. They are in their second year of publication. They, at this point, have to rely on coaches to provide the information about their HS local program. If nothing is turned in, that school has little or no coverage, it's that simple. They have a goal of promoting Texas youth and hopefully get more kids presented with scholarship offers. There are a lot of little mistakes you can spot but overall the effort is quite admirable. I would just guess that this year the sales will have to be very good for them to be able to continue to put out such a comprehensive quality sports magazine.....I sure agreed with their list of statewide top players- having Bridge City's Hunter Hays and Ben Myers both Juniors making that list. I also agree that Broc Haymon, Bridge City's Sophomore left-handed Pitcher is the top 10th grader on the list. Haymon is the best kept secret in Texas HS baseball-he did great last year, pitching up as a 9th grader....They list a bunch of youth from Trinity, TX on that list? Can anyone elaborate on that HS's program?

<small>[ January 18, 2004, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>