PDA

View Full Version : La Vernia @ Navarro

bag-o-chips
09-27-2015, 08:07 AM
Thoughts on this one. Time for Navarro to show who they are! Guess since we moved up in 2010 we are still wet behind the ears. Not all Slot T now as the QB is 30-45 with 8 tds and 3 ints. Time will tell though. Looking forward to this week!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-27-2015, 08:53 AM
They have good size and the losses have been to teams with combine record of 13-1. They played well in those games in first half:

La Vernia 29 Port Lavaca Calhoun 27 Half (Final, Port Lavaca Calhoun 49 La Vernia 29)
La Grange 15 La Vernia 9 Half (Final, La Grange 29 La Vernia 9)
Sinton 20 La Vernia 10 Half (Final, Sinton 48 La Vernia 23)

They finally scored in 2nd half after being shut out the previous 2 games but it came with under 2 mins left in the game against Sinton.

Should be a good game in first half and its wait and see how it goes from there, Bears facing another very good team.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-27-2015, 09:23 AM
Port Lavaca Calhoun 46 La Vernia 29 Correction on the final from above

can a poll be added?

LV_Bearfan
09-27-2015, 10:15 PM
Unfortunately, beating La Vernia at this point might not tell you as much as you'd like. The Bears are struggling. I'm still holding out hope that they'll make some changes and turn it around. Two late scores against Sinton's reserves kept the final from being pretty ugly.

bag-o-chips
09-30-2015, 06:37 AM
Sure is quiet. Any thoughts?

RkptFltn
09-30-2015, 08:43 AM
La Vernia will lose their next two games

regaleagle
09-30-2015, 11:29 AM
Navarro by 14

10ForTheWin
09-30-2015, 07:28 PM
I this could end up being a larger spread than expected (similar to the Sinton game). I think this because:

LV has a stronger schedule, and there are no common opponents. But LV played Wimbo and won 29-13, so a kinda close game. Wimbo has since lost all their games one of which we share a common opponent, St. Micheals. Wimbo lost to them 21-17, we beat St. Micheals 63-0 (49-0) at half. I know thats not much to go on but that is the closest to a common opponent I can find.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

10ForTheWin
10-02-2015, 09:29 PM
Score Check:

Navarro 42, LV 7- 12:00 4th

10ForTheWin
10-02-2015, 09:53 PM
Navarro 45, LV 7- Final

Tejastrue
10-02-2015, 10:05 PM
Congrats Panthers! I'd say you are making a statement.

bag-o-chips
10-02-2015, 10:56 PM
Thanks Tejas! I think we may finally be considered legit and most of the team is comprised of Juniors. I told you long ago when we moved up we looked up to Wimberley as a role model for where we needed to be. You guys keep your heads up over there and get it turned around! The new season starts next week!

PurplePop
10-03-2015, 09:55 AM
LV has a tough, very good team. They're pretty close to getting their identity on offense and have a lot of talent. Putting #14 at QB and Bruce at RB and WR makes them a lot more dangerous on offense and their defense is stout. Because LV was really our only real tough threat this year (and maybe Wimberley will have it together in a few weeks), we really had this one circled on our calendar, as did Sinton last week, and La Grange... For those who didn't see the game, the score from last night looks bad, but Navarro really had to grind it out and play clean football the whole game, and we broke a few big ones. Good luck to LV going forward. I can easily see you going 2-3-4 rounds deep in playoffs.

Rocket Man
10-03-2015, 03:45 PM
LV has a tough, very good team. They're pretty close to getting their identity on offense and have a lot of talent. Putting #14 at QB and Bruce at RB and WR makes them a lot more dangerous on offense and their defense is stout. Because LV was really our only real tough threat this year (and maybe Wimberley will have it together in a few weeks), we really had this one circled on our calendar, as did Sinton last week, and La Grange... For those who didn't see the game, the score from last night looks bad, but Navarro really had to grind it out and play clean football the whole game, and we broke a few big ones. Good luck to LV going forward. I can easily see you going 2-3-4 rounds deep in playoffs.

If LV makes the playoffs and wins the first round, they will most probably play one of the following 4 teams; China Spring, Liberty Hill, La Vega or Burnet. I think it is very unlikely that they can beat any one of them. But the playoffs can be like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get, which is why the games are played.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-03-2015, 03:57 PM
If LV makes the playoffs and wins the first round, they will most probably play one of the following 4 teams; China Spring, Liberty Hill, La Vega or Burnet. I think it is very unlikely that they can beat any one of them. But the playoffs can be like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get, which is why the games are played.Rockport Fulton blew a lead in last minute against Liberty Hill last season in the playoff in region semi's.

La Vernia opens district at Rockport Fulton, Rockport Fulton is 3-1 with 3 shut outs with only loss to Sinton 21-0. RF most likely the favorite in that matchup