PDA

View Full Version : giddings vs cuero

buff4ever
09-26-2015, 12:33 PM
This game is in Giddings and our last warm up game before district. No matter the gobbler record, playing them is always a good test.

Snotbubbles
09-26-2015, 01:20 PM
Gob's in same boat we (LV) are it appears. Long, rebuilding season. Giddings in a cakewalk, 47-6.

iFootball
09-26-2015, 01:27 PM
Young, talented, athletic Gobbler team, but not sure what the coaching staff is thinking.

Giddings puts up 50+

buff4ever
09-29-2015, 09:03 AM
Man, where are the gobbler people at. This will be a good game, either because it is really competitive or because the buffs win big. Either way good game.

Snotbubbles
09-29-2015, 10:59 AM
because the buffs win big

Blow out city for Buffs. Gob's clearly over hyped with their #6 pre-season ranking. I think DC and FNF (to name a few) didn't do research, and still going on old tradition. Locals I spoke with in patch encounters, knew they were not worthy.

d0tc0m
09-29-2015, 02:57 PM
Giddings by a lot.

buff4ever
10-01-2015, 03:13 PM
Let's go gameday. Gobbler fans have never been this quiet, whether they are happy or not. Does that mean shock. I still think they are going to pull this year out. I fully expect a war tomorrow night.

Pudlugger
10-02-2015, 07:58 AM
Cuero is having a down year. Very rare indeed for the Gobblers. Giddings will roll in this game. They have no challenges until week 9. Then we find out how good they really are.

buff4ever
10-03-2015, 12:10 AM
Buffs win 45 to 26. Cuero played hard and kept up early. Threatened a little in the second half, but they may have tough time with yoakum.

Pudlugger
10-03-2015, 06:13 AM
Buffs win 45 to 26. Cuero played hard and kept up early. Threatened a little in the second half, but they may have tough time with yoakum.

Good win for the Buffs. I agree Yoakum will be too much for Cuero this year. They have good size and speed and are well coached. As for there being young and inexperienced I think last night they moved beyond that and are going to challenge for the District Championship this season. Giddings is going to be a big challenge in D11 for us as well. Our off week falls at week 10 so I did not get a chance yet to go watch yall play this year but I'll get a good seat for our game Oct 23rd.

GobblersUnite
10-03-2015, 08:18 AM
Appriciate the input fellas...obviously yall have never been to this game. Records...stats...rankings...none of this matters. Good luck to the Buffs...those boys played with class all night.

bd62
10-03-2015, 12:16 PM
Appriciate the input fellas...obviously yall have never been to this game. Records...stats...rankings...none of this matters. Good luck to the Buffs...those boys played with class all night.

You are 100 percent right GobblersUnite. It will be a battle for 48 minutes just like the 2 games last yr. Special week for both Towns each year. Parking may be a problem with all the Contruction going on at Cuero High School where the Very good parking lot used to be. I plan to get there early to find a place to park.
Both team are very young and have a great Future. Probably last year in Dist together . Yoakum numbers are down and good chance to be 3A next 2 yrs. Sure they play non-Dist game .

YTBulldogs
10-03-2015, 07:22 PM
Appriciate the input fellas...obviously yall have never been to this game. Records...stats...rankings...none of this matters.
Got this right. It's the 106th meeting. And, plenty respect given to the Gob's. Great rivalry.

Blue42
10-03-2015, 07:27 PM
Wow Yoakum gets credit is being a superstar now because they played a mediocre Lagrange team to the near win Cuero is off the map because they had a couple of bad games And a lot of injuries believe me The Gobblers will beatYoakam this week

YTBulldogs
10-03-2015, 07:58 PM
Wow Yoakum gets credit is being a superstar now because they played a mediocre Lagrange team to the near win Cuero is off the map because they had a couple of bad games And a lot of injuries believe me The Gobblers will beatYoakam this week

nice.:tisk: LG solid team and just happen to endure a sad community loss prior to playing. Condolences. Regards to Cuero, they are respected I assure you. Well coached and have athletes all over the field. Prayers to those who have been hurt, and I hope they make this one too.

Blue42
10-03-2015, 08:13 PM
nice.:tisk: LG solid team and just happen to endure a sad community loss prior to playing. Condolences. Regards to Cuero, they are respected I assure you. Well coached and have athletes all over the field. Prayers to those who have been hurt, and I hope they make this one too.

Yep no disrespect to LEPS a prayer was said before the game in Giddings sad thing and pays a toll on the kids and town God bless all of them in this time of sorrow.

Blue42
10-03-2015, 08:22 PM
And thanks my son may be out for the season killing him as he loves to play.

bd62
10-03-2015, 08:28 PM
Blue what happen to Drew. Hope he OK .I know how much he loves to play. What a competior.

Blue42
10-03-2015, 09:15 PM
Blue what happen to Drew. Hope he OK .I know how much he loves to play. What a competior.

His hip, he was returning their first kickoff last night almost broke the return and it gave out on him as it has been injured back from the Smithville game and playing that way you know how kids are. Took him to have it checked and X-rayed this morning some long prognosis that just means it will have to heal on its own and lots of therapy. We will have to go back in 2 weeks to see how it’s progressing. You know Tanner played baseball for me with a broken foot for a week kids are tough.

bd62
10-03-2015, 09:46 PM
Tks for update. Knowing Drew he do everything possible to come back but it needs time to heal properly. Tanner wants back but Dr. has not clear him. May be best so he be ready for Baseball.

1st and goal
10-04-2015, 07:40 AM
His hip, he was returning their first kickoff last night almost broke the return and it gave out on him as it has been injured back from the Smithville game and playing that way you know how kids are. Took him to have it checked and X-rayed this morning some long prognosis that just means it will have to heal on its own and lots of therapy. We will have to go back in 2 weeks to see how it’s progressing. You know Tanner played baseball for me with a broken foot for a week kids are tough.

Tks for update. Knowing Drew he do everything possible to come back but it needs time to heal properly. Tanner wants back but Dr. has not clear him. May be best so he be ready for Baseball.

I hope both young men recover fully. Cuero played tough against the Buffs, as we expected. Giddings pulled away in the 2nd half, but it wasn't easy. I saw a really clean game being played for the most part and very few flags. Best of luck Gobblers on the rest of your season and getting well. We were missing one of our best defensive players too.

Blue42
10-04-2015, 08:18 PM
I hope both young men recover fully. Cuero played tough against the Buffs, as we expected. Giddings pulled away in the 2nd half, but it wasn't easy. I saw a really clean game being played for the most part and very few flags. Best of luck Gobblers on the rest of your season and getting well. We were missing one of our best defensive players too.

Thanks 1st yawl have a class act bunch of kids best of luck the rest of the season to the Buffs.