PDA

View Full Version : Nations top recruit picks OU.....(PETERSON from PALESTINE)

kaorder1999
01-03-2004, 03:04 AM
Peterson chose OU!
-------------------------
SAN ANTONIO – Adrian Peterson, the consensus No. 1-rated player in the nation, has made his collegiate choice.

The Palestine running back told SportsDay he will announce his oral commitment to Oklahoma at halftime of today's nationally televised U.S. Army All-American Bowl high school all-star game.

"I just had a feeling from the beginning that that was where I should go," Peterson said. "I got along well with a lot of the younger players and all the coaches. I know if I learn the system, I can go in there and start."

Peterson, who rushed for 2,313 yards and 32 touchdowns this season, also plays basketball and runs track at Palestine. He said he will play football and run track at Oklahoma. Peterson has been timed in the 100-meter dash at 10.32 seconds and 20.34 in the 200. He plans to run both for the Sooners.

Just two weeks ago, Peterson said he would not make his decision by today because he needed more time. However, Peterson said he was tired of fielding questions about his college choice.

Peterson said making his announcement on television would enable his father to see it from the Federal Correctional Institution in Texarkana, Texas.

Nelson Peterson was sentenced on March 15, 1999, when Adrian Peterson was in the seventh grade, after pleading guilty to laundering money acquired from the distribution of crack cocaine. The All-American Bowl will be Nelson Peterson's first opportunity to see his son play high school football. Nelson Peterson's projected release date is April 24, 2007.

"I was getting, like, 100 calls a day asking where I was going, and I was getting sick of it," Adrian Peterson said. "I went and saw my dad before I got [to San Antonio], and we talked about it. I was pretty sure where I was going to go, and he said I should probably make my announcement on TV."

Even though Peterson has been leaning toward Oklahoma for the last couple of months, Peterson's Dec. 19 visit to Miami shook up things. The lure of the beach and the sunshine was almost enough to sway his decision, but in the end, it was Oklahoma's lack of such things that aided in his choice.

"Norman is a lot like Palestine," Peterson said. "It's kind of boring compared to Miami, but there's nothing there to distract me. I can just go there and concentrate on football. That's what I needed."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dallas/sports/h ighschools/topstories/stories/010304dnspohsfbpeterson.5cd19.html (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dallas/sports/highschools/topstories/stories/010304dnspohsfbpeterson.5cd19.html)

<small>[ January 03, 2004, 02:04 AM: Message edited by: kaorder1999 ]</small>

District303aPastPlayer
01-03-2004, 11:50 AM
and the people wonder why oklahoma is so good... they take all of the players from inside texas, make a great football team, then beat the texas teams with them... hows that for irony or something.

lepfan
01-03-2004, 12:18 PM
"has made his collegiate choice."

Do I have to pound it in your head AGAIN....geez....nobody TOOK anyone. Look at the quote...he "has made his collegiate CHOICE ."

poncho
01-03-2004, 12:19 PM
OU does have the alure of being center stage year after year. Sure wish the state of Texas could keep its special athletes. :cool:

lepfan
01-03-2004, 12:30 PM
Yes, they do. A good program that produces results will win the recruits more times than one that does not. It just shows the junior high girl mentality of some people when they go to whining about how a college TOOK/STOLE/ETC. their "homeboys" from them. IT IS A CHOICE...no one comes in the middle of the night with a black mask to force these players to sign with a school/team they do not want to attend or play for. The phrase "put up or shut up" comes to mind.

District303aPastPlayer
01-03-2004, 12:54 PM
im not even going to try to argue with you on this subject because it is pointless. you have totally construed the very point of my statement by choosing to read what you wanted. and lepfan you sure do have a good way of making an arse of yourself by trying to correct me and sound superior. The entire point of reason for my post was to merely state that they gather all of their Texas recruits and beat Texas teams with them year after year. Is that better for you? are you not going to cry now? is this post to your liking? have i made things perfectly acceptable for you?

01-03-2004, 02:39 PM
The lagrange people are always looking for something to complain (cry, whine, etc.etc.) about.

lepfan
01-03-2004, 02:40 PM
District303aPastPlayer:
im not even going to try to argue with you on this subject because it is pointless. you have totally construed the very point of my statement by choosing to read what you wanted. and lepfan you sure do have a good way of making an arse of yourself by trying to correct me and sound superior. The entire point of reason for my post was to merely state that they gather all of their Texas recruits and beat Texas teams with them year after year. Is that better for you? are you not going to cry now? is this post to your liking? have i made things perfectly acceptable for you?My only point was other schools outside of Texas do not "take" the Texas players, they "choose" to go outside of Texas. I totally understood what you were saying. I don't see that I made an "arse" of myself...but if I did it won't be the first or last time.

I was not trying to sound superior to you, heaven knows I am NOT. I do admit I was correcting you on your choice of words. It was not my intentions to get into a pi$$ing contest with you either...

AND

It was not my intentions to offend or belittle you, but if that is how you felt, sorry...you know my motto on that :rolleyes:

End of my conversation. :)

lepfan
01-03-2004, 02:45 PM
8342:
The lagrange people are always looking for something to complain (cry, whine, etc.etc.) about.Another sore loser...don't give O-field a bad name...there are some good people there. :)

<small>[ January 03, 2004, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: lepfan ]</small>

Old Cardinal
01-03-2004, 05:03 PM
You know Lepfan you may have offended a lot of people. I know some Jr Hi girls with very good mentality. In fact many of them have high IQs, grades and SAT scores...I think maybe they would be glad to challenge you on the mentality- superiority-stance that you have made!

lepfan
01-03-2004, 05:13 PM
Old Cardinal:
You know Lepfan you may have offended a lot of people. I know some Jr Hi girls with very good mentality. In fact many of them have high IQs, grades and SAT scores...I think maybe they would be glad to challenge you on the mentality- superiority-stance that you have made!:) I never said junior high girls had low IQs, grades and SAT scores...I happen to have a junior high daughter...no disrepect was meant toward them...you must have misunderstood what the point was...you have to look beyond the words...you will get it someday...you are beginning to sound like one of the recently ROM'd posters.

poncho
01-04-2004, 06:17 AM
Man that Peterson kid is outstanding!!! :cool: :D

20dawgz05
01-04-2004, 06:12 PM
poncho:
Man that Peterson kid is outstanding!!! :cool: :D i agree he was like sooo awesome... i enjoyed watchin that Us Army H/s game

Phil C
01-05-2004, 09:39 AM
After the bashing OK toof from Kansas State and getting beat by LSU I wonder if he feels he made the right choice. :)

spiveyrat
01-05-2004, 01:04 PM
Phil C:
After the bashing OK toof from Kansas State and getting beat by LSU I wonder if he feels he made the right choice. :) I was about to post a similar remark 'til I saw you beat me to it! :D

duckbutter
01-05-2004, 04:58 PM
I'm just wondering how he will pass the test to get in.

lv2937
01-05-2004, 05:20 PM
20dawgz05:

poncho:
Man that Peterson kid is outstanding!!! :cool: :D i agree he was like sooo awesome... i enjoyed watchin that Us Army H/s gameWhen the east score their touchdown to start the 3rd q, did you see what happened when they kicked of to us? They kicked right down the middle. Shipley had his arms streghted ready to catch the ball, and out of now where here comes Ardin and almost knocks Shiply down to get the ball.He caught the ball and started backing and lost about 5 yardfs on the catch.

lepfan
01-05-2004, 09:42 PM
Phil C:
After the bashing OK toof from Kansas State and getting beat by LSU I wonder if he feels he made the right choice. :) What would be the right choice? UT or A&M....LOL...he may have well slit his throat had he chosen one of them...

Miami, his other choice, was viewed as too distracting to focus on football...

I guess a team should be viewed as a "not worthy" if they lose in a conference/national championship game...being the losing team in the Sugar Bowl is a lot better than being the losing team in the Holiday Bowl...or not even getting a bowl bid.
:D

This is only my opinion, AGAIN, it is not meant to offend anyone!!! :)

lepfan
01-05-2004, 09:45 PM
duckbutter:
I'm just wondering how he will pass the test to get in.What are you insinuating?

duckbutter
01-06-2004, 11:38 AM
Nothing.

therealbulldogs
01-06-2004, 12:56 PM
duckbutter:
I'm just wondering how he will pass the test to get in.All the football players have to do to get in is take their application for admission and sign their name to it and write football across the top and turn it in.

<small>[ January 06, 2004, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: therealbulldogs ]</small>

lepfan
01-06-2004, 05:57 PM
duckbutter:
Nothing.Just wondering... :rolleyes: