PDA

View Full Version : Graham @ Big Springs

Tink4392
09-21-2015, 01:39 PM
A Steer will definitely win Friday night, but which one? If Graham can learn from its last three losses and Laundry comes back ok, I think the Graham Steers will win easily but if we do not learn from our mistakes and Laundry is out, it could be a long night and a really long season! Thank God we have a bye after this week so we can regroup after this horrendous pre-district schedule!

toddg
09-21-2015, 01:50 PM
the spring in Big spring..aint so big..

Aguilafanatico
09-21-2015, 01:52 PM
A Steer will definitely win Friday night, but which one? If Graham can learn from its last three losses and Laundry comes back ok, I think the Graham Steers will win easily but if we do not learn from our mistakes and Laundry is out, it could be a long night and a really long season! Thank God we have a bye after this week so we can regroup after this horrendous pre-district schedule!

No word on Landry yet? Hope the kids is ok.

slingshot
09-21-2015, 01:54 PM
There's only one spring (lucky to have it!). Jiust remember: It's Big Spring and China SpringS. ;)

Tink4392
09-21-2015, 02:39 PM
the spring in Big spring..aint so big..

Thanks for that, always thought it sounded and was spelt with an "S"!

bearbear78
09-21-2015, 04:29 PM
Time to put some guys in that can make em pay after the catch, and some meat to carry the rock and hit the hole taking no prisoners.

bearbear78
09-21-2015, 04:31 PM
1-3...let's just go all in and try some new stuff is my opinion. There comes a point where it's almost like other teams can buy your play book at any local wal-mart!

slingshot
09-21-2015, 05:23 PM
BTW--for my Graham friends (yes, I have friends in Graham... ), best place to eat is prob Al's and Son BBQ. Tell'em Doc sent you. Bear--you should try the Texas Sub there... you won't go away hungry. They also give you free homemade ice cream for desert!

bearbear78
09-21-2015, 09:38 PM
BTW--for my Graham friends (yes, I have friends in Graham... ), best place to eat is prob Al's and Son BBQ. Tell'em Doc sent you. Bear--you should try the Texas Sub there... you won't go away hungry. They also give you free homemade ice cream for desert!

Its a good one for sure. I was in BS weekly until the oilfield took a nose dive. Haven't had the Texas sub so I'll try that one this week. Hope yall wreck LH Friday. It's not our year I feel, so I'm pulling for my neighbors in Abilene.

briandumith*
09-21-2015, 09:47 PM
No word on Landry yet? Hope the kids is ok.
He tweeted this saturday
landry turner ‏@landryturner19 · Sep 19  Graham, TX
Thank you for all your prayers. They were definitely answered.

slingshot
09-21-2015, 10:17 PM
He tweeted this saturday
landry turner ‏@landryturner19 · Sep 19  Graham, TX
Thank you for all your prayers. They were definitely answered.Sounds like good news! Hope he comes back strong. The Texas Sub is a sub roll with a layer of sliced brisket, a layer of sliced smoked ham and a layer of sausage...

hollywood
09-21-2015, 11:00 PM

Its a good one for sure. I was in BS weekly until the oilfield took a nose dive. Haven't had the Texas sub so I'll try that one this week. Hope yall wreck LH Friday. It's not our year I feel, so I'm pulling for my neighbors in Abilene.

Speaking of food and eats.. If anyone is in the Glen Rose area or traveling on 67 north from Stephenville, you've got to try Loco Coyote. It's a couple of miles north off of 67 just a few miles SW of Glen Rose. It had been a few years since I've been there. We decided to go Saturday night and couldn't beleive we had waiting that long. You have to get the Pigout Platter.. layered from bottom to top fries, hand battered fried chicken strips, smoked brisket, smoked pork sausage, smoked pork ribs all topped with Texas toast and hand battered onion rings. Platter for 2 will feed 6 easily. For $41.95... Not a bad deal and WELL worth. Even better accompanied with a frosted scooter of Shiner. :D

https://m.facebook.com/LocoCoyoteGrill

slingshot
09-21-2015, 11:09 PM
Had to think about this one for a while--if Turner plays, Graham by 10--if not Big Spring by 10...

toddg
09-21-2015, 11:52 PM
I'm thinkin Graham bounces back digs deep and pulls out the win..21-17

Phantom Stang
09-22-2015, 10:06 AM
Big Spring is down a tad this year, but Graham seems to be down a tad more, so I'm going with Big Spring by just a tad.:smoker:

db8coach
09-22-2015, 08:34 PM
One spring, and the Texas Sub at Al's is a must have. It's expensive but worth it...but only if paired with their potato salad.

regaleagle
09-23-2015, 01:25 PM
Graham>Big Spring. Graham wins this one by at least 14 pts.

Sweetwater Red
09-23-2015, 01:46 PM
Graham>Big Spring

How?

briandumith*
09-23-2015, 04:20 PM
Take Graham's losses.. They lost to a very good Argyle team and a very good Abilene Wylie team and lost to an up and coming in quite good Brownwood team that will give that district all it can handle.. Graham is much better than the 1-3 record it currently has. In my opinion Graham will win. . not sure by how much but I think it will be by at least two possessions..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ccmom
09-24-2015, 02:30 PM
So is Turner playing or out for a while?

briandumith*
09-25-2015, 05:29 PM

“It's day-to-day,” said head coach Kenny Davidson about his quarterback's injury. “We'll have to monitor him throughout the week and see how he's doing. You can't tell until you get out there and practice and see how he progresses from one day to the next.

bearbear78
09-25-2015, 10:13 PM
94.7 Player of the game , Preston Langley #99 Sophmore!

Proud of you young man!

briandumith*
09-25-2015, 10:51 PM
mom... Turner did play but he wasn't quite the same.. thank goodness we got a bye week this week.. but we did win 13-10.. He had a nice Long TD pass..

LionFan72
09-25-2015, 11:27 PM
Congrats Steers on the win, take em anyway you get em. Sloopy, close, defensive, blow outs, dont matter, it is a Win. Good luck till we meet again!

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 11:30 PM
Sounds like Graham stopped the bleeding, and now has a bye week to heal up and get ready for a district run. Congrats on the hard-fought win tonite.

CP3Dad
09-26-2015, 08:59 AM
Good food, bad football, but the win makes it worth the drive. Now on to Lubbock for a date with a horny toad, Wreck Em Tech.

LionFan72
09-26-2015, 10:50 AM
Good food, bad football, but the win makes it worth the drive. Now on to Lubbock for a date with a horny toad, Wreck Em Tech.

LOL, talking bout a longshot; sound like Texas over OSU, probably aint gonna happen! Good luck and safe travels.

Deuce
09-26-2015, 11:09 AM
LOL, talking bout a longshot; sound like Texas over OSU, probably aint gonna happen! Good luck and safe travels.

Only 4.5 point spread. Not a long shot by any means!

toddg
09-26-2015, 12:13 PM
94.7 Player of the game , Preston Langley #99 Sophmore!

Proud of you young man!
heck yeah!!!