PDA

View Full Version : The Battle of Big Sandy- Decatur@Bridgeport

Bullaholic
09-21-2015, 10:55 AM
This is the 95th year of the Battle of Big Sandy between these old, fierce rivals. This year's edition should be a dandy--the Bulls are coming in at 4-0 and the Eagles at 3-1, with only a lone loss to a good Alvarado team. Both move the ball very well and have defenses that can make stops-- the Bulls held Burkburnett to 91 yds last week. The overall athletic advantage probably favors Decatur, but Bridgeport has a balanced offense that can make the big strike at anytime, and a very feisty defense. This game will be carried by KTXA Ch 21 on a delayed broadcast at 10"30pm Friday night. Tune in after you get home from your games for some more hard fought Texas high school action between two of the biggest rivals in Texas. I think you will be entertained...Go Bulls!

toddg
09-21-2015, 11:13 AM
This is the 95th year of the Battle of Big Sandy between these old, fierce rivals. This year's edition should be a dandy--the Bulls are coming in at 4-0 and the Eagles at 3-1, with only a lone loss to a good Alvarado team. Both move the ball very well and have defenses that can make stops-- the Bulls held Burkburnett to 91 yds last week. The overall athletic advantage probably favors Decatur, but Bridgeport has a balanced offense that can make the big strike at anytime, and a very feisty defense. This game will be carried by KTXA Ch 21 on a delayed broadcast at 10"30pm Friday night. Tune in after you get home from your games for some more hard fought Texas high school action between two of the biggest rivals in Texas. I think you will be entertained...Go Bulls!

I like these two teams..along with the tradition! i will definitely tune in to watch!!

regaleagle
09-21-2015, 11:19 AM
If Bridgeport wins, I would say that will be a signature win for them moving forward in the D2 Statewide Rankings. I have no favorite in this game.....I think it will be very exciting and very close. Good stuff for these two schools again. It's been awhile since both have had good teams in the same season.

5wide
09-21-2015, 04:16 PM
Decatur leads the all time series 61-29-6. Just a bit of info to go along with the tradition between these two schools.

toddg
09-21-2015, 04:54 PM
Decatur leads the all time series 61-29-6. Just a bit of info to go along with the tradition between these two schools.
That's a lot of games..a lot of history

Bullaholic
09-21-2015, 04:55 PM

You might as well put that "30" up there right now, 5wide...:)

bobcat1
09-21-2015, 06:33 PM
I think it is going to be a 7...... kinda like kissing your sister. :taunt:

5wide
09-21-2015, 09:06 PM
You might as well put that "30" up there right now, 5wide...:)

Hey, it should be a great one!!!

Bullaholic
09-22-2015, 09:07 AM
Hey, it should be a great one!!!

It should, indeed, 5Wide---I think everybody around here is a little more revved up than usual about this one because both teams are doing well, and can provide a lot of fireworks on the field. It just don't get any better between old rivals in Texas high school football than this game every year.

d0tc0m
09-22-2015, 03:00 PM
It should definitely be a good game. I like the Bulls in this one. I like the way they've been able to move the ball this year. If Bridgeport can win this one, that should give them a ton of momentum heading into districts, where they will get their shot at a title against Celina Oct. 16. That will be a fun game.

Indians212
09-23-2015, 04:13 PM
I believe it will be 62-29-6 after friday night. Just my opinion, I haven't seen Bridgeport play but I just think Decatur has that big brother affect on the bulls. Go luck to both teams.

briandumith*
09-23-2015, 04:51 PM
At the first of the season I would have said Decatur will win easily but they have been a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde team lately. Bridgeport has been a little bit more stable I still see Decatur winning but by less than one possession. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls take it either

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bullaholic
09-25-2015, 09:08 AM
Decatur Game Day!

Women to the rear...bugler, sound the charge...Forward Ho at the gallop. Go Bulls!

Gen.Pat
09-25-2015, 10:37 AM
Best of Luck to the Bulls.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 10:52 AM
Heck, I'm even excited about this game and Argyle has its own big one with Paris, LOL! I remember those days when we had both of you guys in our district. Then we had Celina in our district some of the years. I think the district I really enjoyed the best was Argyle, Bridgeport, Decatur, Gainesville, and Sanger. Then when we moved to another district with Celina, we still played you guys in predistrict. Good luck to both squads tonite. It should be a real barn-burner, haha.

Bullaholic
09-25-2015, 12:19 PM
Best of Luck to the Bulls.

Thanks, Pat. Best of luck to Godley, also---no way your team's bad fortune lasts forever---I think most folks would agree that Texas high school football is a highly cyclical roller-coaster ride not for the faint-of-heart. It has been doubly tough for Godley stepping up in class and then getting hit by the injury bug after losing a lot of good players the last couple of seasons. As long as you have a bunch of good parents and a core of loyal fans to re-assure the kids every week--they will find a way to get back in the win column on a regular basis---and when that happens it will be a beautiful thing to watch in the eyes of those players.

Bullaholic
09-26-2015, 10:31 AM
Well, the Bulls got their hats handed to them last night at Bull Stadium by a very well executing and more physical Decatur Eagle team. Hats off to the Eagles for a complete win, and I think the Eagles will surprise a few folks if they continue to execute at the level they did last night. Best of luck to the Eagles for the rest of the season.

The Bulls sustained several injuries to some key players last night, and I hope that none are season ending. One bright note for me, was that my grandson, #8 WR, returned to play last night from a broken finger, and caught a nice 30-yd TD pass a few mins before the half.

I think the Bulls have the tools be in the playoff hunt at the end of the season---they have a lot of heart and never quit, and should be able to give most Div II playoff teams a better game than they did Decatur last night. Go Bulls!

toddg
09-26-2015, 12:17 PM
Well, the Bulls got their hats handed to them last night at Bull Stadium by a very well executing and more physical Decatur Eagle team. Hats off to the Eagles for a complete win, and I think the Eagles will surprise a few folks if they continue to execute at the level they did last night. Best of luck to the Eagles for the rest of the season.

The Bulls sustained several injuries to some key players last night, and I hope that none are season ending. One bright note for me, was that my grandson, #8 WR, returned to play last night from a broken finger, and caught a nice 30-yd TD pass a few mins before the half.

I think the Bulls have the tools be in the playoff hunt at the end of the season---they have a lot of heart and never quit, and should be able to give most Div II playoff teams a better game than they did Decatur last night. Go Bulls!
always expected from the Bridgeport Bulls..good young men up there!!