PDA

View Full Version : West Orange-Stark (4-0) vs 5A Richmond Foster (3-1) at Stallworth in Baytown

WOS87
09-19-2015, 10:09 PM
We came one play away from winning last year in a 14-17 loss. This will be the toughest test for us in the regular season by far as they have triple our enrollment. I'm going to this game if anyone wants to meet up in Baytown. They beat Fort Bend Marshall 33-0 Friday and lost to 6A Houston Reagan 26-28 last week. Should be an interesting game.

Leopardfan201
09-19-2015, 11:09 PM
I like WOS but give me foster by 3 or WOS by 3

maestro
09-20-2015, 05:24 AM
This may be the best game of the week.
I congratulate both AD for scheduling it.
No cupcakes here.

Pudlugger
09-20-2015, 05:28 AM
Hard to bet against the Mustangs. WOS by 2.

WOS1
09-20-2015, 02:14 PM
It will be tough, for sure, but will prepare us for down the road. After this game, plus PNG, Nederland and Silsbee. We will have seen some pretty solid spread teams with good passing games, which will likely be what we see in the semifinal and final if we are fortunate enough to get there again this yr.

WOS87
09-26-2015, 06:19 PM
Richmond Foster 7
West Orange-Stark 7
5:15 1Q

WOS87
09-26-2015, 06:48 PM
Foster 14
WOS 7
End of 1st

WOS drives to Foster 4 and fumbles. We can't give up opportunities like that. Foster has just been moving at will but with a ton of penalties holding them back.
7:17 2Q

WOS87
09-26-2015, 07:15 PM
Foster has a 17 play 96 yard drive to score with less than a minute left in the half.

Foster 21
WOS 7
HALF

Could easily be 14-14 but they have definitely demonstrated their size. Second half could be interesting or flat out embarrassing, we shall see. I picked this as our one regular season game to lose and unless some major changes occur that will happen. Foster will receive to open the 2nd half.

Foster 283yds offense first half
WOS 110yds offense with only 10yds rushing

WOS1
09-26-2015, 07:31 PM
Foster is big and physical and beating us up front. But, we have had our chances and at minimum should be down by 7. Dropped TD passes and fumbling on the 3 will get you beat. Hoping for some adjustments and we'll see if Foster can still play at this level late. Here's to hoping!

Of note, we have 35 on our sideline. Foster, 62...lol

Hancock is not dressed out and that don't help either. Not that it would make a difference, but... It sure wouldn't hurt.

WOS87
09-26-2015, 08:07 PM
Defense steps up with three 3 and outs for both Foster and WOS.

Foster fumbles. WOS has ball on Foster 34.

Foster 21
WOS 7
End of 3rd Q

WOS1
09-26-2015, 08:26 PM
the beat down has commenced

lostaussie
09-26-2015, 08:29 PM
Score?

WOS87
09-26-2015, 08:45 PM
Well we got that target off our back for good :smoker:

Foster 42
WOS 14
2:00 4Q

We won't see a team like this for the rest of the season I guarantee. On a positive note, no injuries.

WOS1
09-26-2015, 08:47 PM
You better hope we don't.... This was a butt whipping!

Reality check...

griff
09-27-2015, 01:23 AM
I'm glad we don't have to play Richmond Foster again. They supposedly have 6A enrollment numbers and will join 6A at the next realignment. WO-S was literally playing out of their league. There is not a team in 4A D2 (or D1) that is on the level of RF. Not even close. I thought that last year and this year they are even better.

WO-S will rebound from this and should be undefeated through the rest of the season.

griff
09-27-2015, 08:26 AM
...undefeated through the rest of the REGULAR season, that is.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-27-2015, 08:59 AM
I'm glad we don't have to play Richmond Foster again. They supposedly have 6A enrollment numbers and will join 6A at the next realignment. WO-S was literally playing out of their league. There is not a team in 4A D2 (or D1) that is on the level of RF. Not even close. I thought that last year and this year they are even better.

WO-S will rebound from this and should be undefeated through the rest of the season.They're not rank? They could finish 2nd or 3rd in their district, will come down to them and Port Lavaca Calhoun for 2 or 3 spot.

griff
09-27-2015, 10:14 AM
They're not rank? They could finish 2nd or 3rd in their district, will come down to them and Port Lavaca Calhoun for 2 or 3 spot.

This game is a good sign of the difference between playing 4A schools and those who are four times our enrollment. RF was a beast and easily better than any team in 4A, regardless of what they do in their district. We've played them two straight years and have seen it first hand.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-27-2015, 10:54 AM
This game is a good sign of the difference between playing 4A schools and those who are four times our enrollment. RF was a beast and easily better than any team in 4A, regardless of what they do in their district. We've played them two straight years and have seen it first hand.La Vernia and Cuero have played Port Lavaca Calhoun last two seasons, Port Lavaca Calhoun about even as Richmond Foster last season and same this season, La Vernia hang with them this season for a half and beat them last season. Just take it as a loss and no need to make it seem they could beat any team in 4a just because yall lost to them. WOS will be fine, some times there are games the match ups at the line of scrimmage makes all the difference in a game.

WOS1
09-27-2015, 01:49 PM
La Vernia and Cuero have played Port Lavaca Calhoun last two seasons, Port Lavaca Calhoun about even as Richmond Foster last season and same this season, La Vernia hang with them this season for a half and beat them last season. Just take it as a loss and no need to make it seem they could beat any team in 4a just because yall lost to them. WOS will be fine, some times there are games the match ups at the line of scrimmage makes all the difference in a game.

I don't think he was trying to say we can beat any team in 4A because we lost to Foster. He is saying we aren't dead in the water just because we didn't match up with a 5A (will probably be 6A next yr) Obviously, he's making a good point because Calhoun beat both LaVernia and Cuero handily.

And I agree with him in thinking RF is better this yr than last yr. Defense was just as good and their offense is on another level from last yr.