PDA

View Full Version : La Grange at Fredericksburg

Leopardfan201
09-19-2015, 12:24 PM
Looking for another big game from the Leps and jk Dobbins...can Fredericksburg who's only loss was to Burnet 28/16 slow down Dobbins enough to beat the Leps. .I dnt believe so LG by 21+

Pudlugger
09-19-2015, 01:32 PM
La Grange defense has gelled and are averaging only -15/game and most of that came late in the 4th with subs. Fredericksburg will pass the football more than Taylor did and I think the Leps can defense that threat well. Meanwhile the Leopard offense will do its thing along with #22 Dobbins expect to see some solid contributions from numbers 6, 7, 9, 18 and 24. The team has been working hard developing its weapons among several talented athletes thanks to the coaching staff. Coach Kates is smart he knows that the offense has to work when Dobbins is out too. We learned the hard way when we lost to WOS that you need a diverse offense and flexible game plan to get by the teams at that level late in the season. Leps roll in this one and more players get the touches in the red zone. Leps 49-17.

PappaFeelGood
09-21-2015, 02:14 PM
Leps continue their winning ways. Pud you are correct as it good to see others making a contribution. The freshman is going to be an exciting ball player.

Leps by 21. (at least)

solocam
09-21-2015, 02:57 PM
LaGrange by 28

Leopardfan201
09-21-2015, 04:39 PM
Leps by 34..Dobbins score 4 touchdowns alone

Pudlugger
09-21-2015, 07:39 PM
Leps by 34..Dobbins score 4 touchdowns alone

No doubt Dobbins will get his usual 3 or 4 tds. Meanwhile our defense should hold the Billies to <20 points if they continue playing like they have been so far. Of note is that the Lep secondary is improving against the pass. We might see a pick 6 Friday night.

Pudlugger
09-25-2015, 07:48 AM
Game day is here! Mrs. P and I plan on making a nice day trip out to the Hill Country to enjoy the Fall weather in Fredericksburg before the game. The Battlin' Billies would like nothing better than to knock off the La Grange Leopards in this match up. We were able to shut down the Taylor offense last week that was putting up 38 points per game mostly through the air. The Billies will try to pass the football on us so we should get another opportunity to improve in our defense of the air game. That will be important going forward. Our starting Qb will be back as well so we will be healthy and fit for this game. The long bus ride is a factor but our coaches should have the Leps tugging at the reins by 7:30 tonight. LG by 28.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 11:31 AM
Do the Billies have ANY chance at all tonite, Pudlugger? I mean: If EVERYTHING went wrong for the Leopards(like 4 turnovers for the Billies) could the Billies possibly get an upset in this one? I think FRED likes to pass this season, right? How's the pass D for the Leps this season?

Roughneck93
09-25-2015, 01:41 PM
LG by a bunch.

greendawg84
09-25-2015, 02:00 PM
Do the Billies have ANY chance at all tonite, Pudlugger? I mean: If EVERYTHING went wrong for the Leopards(like 4 turnovers for the Billies) could the Billies possibly get an upset in this one? I think FRED likes to pass this season, right? How's the pass D for the Leps this season?

Nope ! Even if LG lost 4 turnovers they still win . Fred does like to throw the ball around but were fairly balanced with the run against us . They made a lot of mental mistakes for lots of yellow flags also . Lots of QB draws , he is the best athlete on the team IMO . Their D played well the first half against us but kinda run out of steam in the 2nd half .

Roughneck93
09-25-2015, 10:32 PM
LG by a bunch.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/EatCrow-500x436.gif

WOS1
09-25-2015, 10:40 PM
Wow! Looks like a whole slew of crow eatin goin on round here. Any given Friday, fellas. What happened?

1st and goal
09-25-2015, 10:46 PM
What happened?

jason
09-25-2015, 10:48 PM
Wow. Good win for Fredericksburg.

GUNHO
09-25-2015, 11:11 PM

You sure you didn't know what the rest of us didn't?

Tejastrue
09-25-2015, 11:12 PM
Wow. Good win for Fredericksburg.

Huge, huge win...now..do something with it!

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 11:26 PM
Nope ! Even if LG lost 4 turnovers they still win . Fred does like to throw the ball around but were fairly balanced with the run against us . They made a lot of mental mistakes for lots of yellow flags also . Lots of QB draws , he is the best athlete on the team IMO . Their D played well the first half against us but kinda run out of steam in the 2nd half .

Evidently the Billies have improved quite a bit since y'all played them, huh? Or else, EVERYTHING must've gone wrong for the Leps....or a combination of the two. Congrats to the Billies on a big win.

d0tc0m
09-25-2015, 11:32 PM
This game will shake up the 4A DII rankings a bit, but that's about it. My guess is the Leopards found some things tonight that need to be fixed, and I imagine that coaching staff will get them fixed before district play starts. LaGrange isn't going anywhere. They'll still be playing December football as long as Dobbins is healthy. This loss doesn't change that, in my opinion.

But, I'll say this, that's an impressive win for Fredericksburg! I think it's a bigger win for the Billies than it is a loss for the Leopards, if that makes sense.

Cam
09-26-2015, 12:07 AM
Evidently the Billies have improved quite a bit since y'all played them, huh? Or else, EVERYTHING must've gone wrong for the Leps....or a combination of the two. Congrats to the Billies on a big win.

....just goes to show ya never turn your back on a mean ass billy goat!......

pirate4state
09-26-2015, 12:33 AM
whoa....what happened here?

lostaussie
09-26-2015, 05:48 AM
It was like........SHAZAM

Celina8
09-26-2015, 08:01 AM
The Billies might just be a good team as you just don't beat a team like LaGrange because they played bad. Most time a team plays bad or makes mistakes because the other team is forcing you to make those mistakes.

lostaussie
09-26-2015, 08:24 AM
The Billies might just be a good team as you just don't beat a team like LaGrange because they played bad. Most time a team plays bad or makes mistakes because the other team is forcing you to make those mistakes.

Whats crazy is nobody from LaGrange even gave Fred a shot in the dark chance. It was blowout all the way. Em' Billie Goats done got disrespected and PO'ed!!!!

Pudlugger
09-26-2015, 08:32 AM

Well what can You say? The Billies just out played and out coached us. Even if you take away the offensive pass interference call against us in the endzone that nobody saw in the 2nd quarter and the 10 point swing it caused or the holding call after Dobbins 70 yard reception in the 4th they still would have won. They just were a much better team than anyone from LG expected. Hats off to the Billies no excuses they beat us and now we need to fix some big problems especially our secondary pass coverage and our front 4 defensive line's pass rush and defense against the run up the middle. We got blown back off the line all night and gave up 5 yards on first downs until the cows(or goats) came home.

BTW it might be a good idea to take a lesson from Coach Darrell Royal regarding the importance of field position and put either Janda, Ramirez or Dobbins back to receive a punt. They put us in the coffin corner twice last night when we did not put a man back to receive a punt. If you're going to have 11 guys up on the rush at least try to block a kick once in a while. Also need to practice our onsides kick, both kicking and receiving. Go Leps! Beat Yoakum.

hookandladder
09-27-2015, 12:22 PM
Any time LG faces a team with a decent QB and solid WR's we will struggle just like last year against WOS, we just do not have the athletes in the secondary to matchup. Just from listening to the radio it sounded about like last years game with WOS, all about match ups in the secondary when facing a passing team. You can work on pass coverage all you want at the HS level but if you do not have the athletes not much will change, just got to try and outscore the opponent.

WOS1
09-27-2015, 01:59 PM
Any time LG faces a team with a decent QB and solid WR's we will struggle just like last year against WOS, we just do not have the athletes in the secondary to matchup. Just from listening to the radio it sounded about like last years game with WOS, all about match ups in the secondary when facing a passing team. You can work on pass coverage all you want at the HS level but if you do not have the athletes not much will change, just got to try and outscore the opponent.

This is absolutely true. You can run the pass plays and work different coverages all week long, but if you can't duplicate the speed at practice, you're going to be in trouble.

PappaFeelGood
09-28-2015, 10:58 AM
Both Hook and Pud couldn't be more correct. I agree LG fans underestimated the Billies.. Make no mistakes Fred is a all around great team that is well coached. Fred will be a DI playoff contender. LG will re-group and be ready for this weeks game.