PDA

View Full Version : Paris Wildcats(4-0) @ Argyle Eagles(3-1)

regaleagle
09-19-2015, 10:32 AM
The Paris Wildcats will come into Eagles Stadium next Friday night undefeated and led by 3rd yr QB sensation Quez Allen. The Wildcats have literally buried their competition so far this season behind Allen, a D-1 recruit. Paris is coming off a 63-13 shellacking of Palestine, and cruised to a 42-21 victory against Tyler Chapel Hill the week before. The week before that, the Wildcats began by dismantling the Melissa Cardinals 72-31. And to start their season, Paris defeated Mt. Pleasant 44-14. So you can see that this year's Paris team is a scoring machine behind all-everything Quez Allen. This should be a very interesting game to pay attention to in North Texas. All of Region 2 will be interested in the way this game goes. Can the Wildcats come into Eagles Stadium and hand the Argyle Eagles a loss? That's the big question for this week's game in Argyle.....two explosive teams going at it for a big win in the last predistrict game for each team before district play begins the following week. We all know that Argyle suffered a loss in that big game against Celina 2 weeks ago 46-36. Celina is also undefeated at 4-0. Argyle began its season against Abilene Wylie(3-1) in Abilene with a 20-10 hard-fought win. The next week the Eagles traveled to Denison(2-1) and defeated a good Yellowjackets squad 50-33. This past week, Argyle won its home opener against the Graham Steers 47-21. Both teams seem to be able to score from anywhere on the field and score quickly. The question comes down to which team's defense can get enough stops on the other's offense when it matters most. The stats point toward an offensive shoot-out in this one. Can the Eagles contain Quez Allen and force some turnovers? We will see.

d0tc0m
09-19-2015, 11:46 AM
Just can't bet against the Eagles. Paris is explosive, no doubt, and they'll get their yards/points. But Argyle is also explosive and getting better and better. I don't think the Wildcats can contain Estrada, and in trying to slow him down, McCook, Chalk, Sweatt and company will burn the Cats for some big plays. Ledford is looking more and more comfortable under center, and I think he has another big game next Friday. Argyle's defense did better against Graham last night, and I think they continue to make proper adjustments. Paris may be the most athletic/explosive team Argyle will have played so far, but I think the Eagles will be ready. I think Argyle is still just too talented, and has one of the best coaching staffs in their corner. Game is close for a half, Eagles pull away for double-digit win in the second half.

Leopardfan201
09-19-2015, 11:50 AM
What a game this is going to be..but give me Argyle by 14

regaleagle
09-19-2015, 12:02 PM
Quez Allen is 6-3, 212 lbs and totally athletic. I'm certain they have some other athletes at the skill positions, but it's difficult to find ANY stats on this team. None is recorded by MaxPreps at all. Maybe there's a Paris newspaper I can search to find out some stats. Obviously, their defense has been doing a pretty good job so far, also. I'll compile the numbers and see what each team looks like on paper.

catgut
09-19-2015, 01:05 PM
Quez Allen is 6-3, 212 lbs and totally athletic. I'm certain they have some other athletes at the skill positions, but it's difficult to find ANY stats on this team. None is recorded by MaxPreps at all. Maybe there's a Paris newspaper I can search to find out some stats. Obviously, their defense has been doing a pretty good job so far, also. I'll compile the numbers and see what each team looks like on paper.

Paris has rolled over everyone this year, but while this schedule looked tough two years ago when made its been weak this year. Of all the teams we've played only Palestine has a win. So we don't know how good we are. I do believe we will score points on anyone. Allen isn't running near as much this year but been doing a great job passing. Should be a great game IMO.

LionFan72
09-20-2015, 11:51 AM
I'll stand with Argyle Eagles by 10 points!

regaleagle
09-20-2015, 07:01 PM
Can't get no numbers on Paris, except for the points for and points against with the teams they have played.
Argyle is averaging 231 yds. passing and 117 yds rushing in 4 games against stellar competition. That don't count the return yardages. I think the Eagles defense has recorded 13 sacks and 5 interceptions. They've averaged 44 pts/game but given up 31 pts/game, albeit to some very good teams.
Paris has scored a whopping 221 pts in 4 games and given up 79. That's an average of 55 pts/game scored and only 19.75 given up/game. Even if it was against less than stellar competition, it does show that the Wildcats have an explosive offense. And some of the points allowed were probably against second teamers late in the games. So that means their defense may be fairly salty too.

lostaussie
09-20-2015, 07:13 PM
Paris has played what looked to be an awesome schedule. After further observation we don't know what they have. It would be a signature win over Argyle...... But its not gonna happen. Eagles by 2 TDs.

Wayne
09-23-2015, 05:56 PM
Sure is quite here. This game is a Big game for both teams.

Aesculus gilmus
09-23-2015, 06:00 PM
http://phs.parisisd.net/192687_3

Here are some highlights from three of their four games. I guess they decided Melissa was just too damn far away. I had that same thought on our road trip there last year.

Wayne
09-23-2015, 08:48 PM
This could turn into a shoot out. Both teams can score on each other no doubt. I'm gonna say the best defense and special teams wins this one.

lostaussie
09-23-2015, 08:50 PM
This could turn into a shoot out. Both teams can score on each other no doubt. I'm gonna say the best defense and special teams wins this one.then I'm gonna say Argyle......but I hope Paris is ALL UP IN THEY BUISNESS :D

Aguilafanatico
09-23-2015, 09:40 PM
Paris hasn't played anybody yet so tough to judge how good they really are. They will get their test this week in Argyle. If Argyle comes to play I don't expect much of a game. However, we have seen this team stroll into games this year so if that happens this week, game on. Key for the Eagles is stopping Quez Allen. Key to stopping Quez Allen is to hit him.......a lot. Keep him uncomfortable. I have confidence that Argyle will be able to move the ball. If the defense comes in with a chip on their shoulder it's over. No predictions as I did that once this year and that didn't work out well.

Aguilafanatico
09-23-2015, 09:42 PM
then I'm gonna say Argyle......but I hope Paris is ALL UP IN THEY BUISNESS :D

And I have been pulling for Gilmer???

d0tc0m
09-23-2015, 10:41 PM
Paris hasn't played anybody yet so tough to judge how good they really are. They will get their test this week in Argyle. If Argyle comes to play I don't expect much of a game. However, we have seen this team stroll into games this year so if that happens this week, game on. Key for the Eagles is stopping Quez Allen. Key to stopping Quez Allen is to hit him.......a lot. Keep him uncomfortable. I have confidence that Argyle will be able to move the ball. If the defense comes in with a chip on their shoulder it's over. No predictions as I did that once this year and that didn't work out well.

I'm not close to the Argyle program, so I can't say for sure, but I imagine the Celina game provided a bit of a wake up call for the Eagles. It's just hard to see them coming into a game with the same approach as that week three matchup. That's bad news for the Argyle opposition. They've got all kinds of weapons and speed to keep up with any East Texas team, and plenty of discipline. The Eagles had a good win last week, and I'm thinking they have an even better one this Friday.

regaleagle
09-24-2015, 12:19 AM
Just looking at the videos, it looks like Paris can be explosive. But that was against some fairly vanilla defenses. But they could play harder if they need to.....we just don't know. They haven't had to. You can see they have some talented players at the skill positions besides Quez Allen. Looks like the are fairly balanced between the pass and run this year. Argyle just needs to contain Quez. If you bullrush him on passes, he's big, strong, and fast enough to break one.

regaleagle
09-24-2015, 12:26 AM
At the end of the first quarter against Melissa, it was 28-24 Paris. At halftime it was 65-31 Paris. The final score was 72-31. Paris only scored 7 more points in the 2nd half, mainly because they probably played backups most of the 2nd half. I would call that explosive, LOL. Last week they scored 63 against Palestine. I don't care who you play, that's alot of scoring. Palestine and Melissa can't be that terrible. Looks to me like Paris can score, huh?

Celina8
09-24-2015, 04:30 AM
When Paris dropped from 5A to 4A I thought they would be a team that would really benefit from the move down. This is a town of over 20,000 people and they have talent from what people tell me but in terms of sports they have been very quite. Argyle will roll in this one.

waterboy
09-24-2015, 08:34 AM
Yes, Paris has about 25,000 people, but they do have two 4A schools (Paris and North Lamar), with a smaller 2A school (Chisum) on the southern edge of town. That dilutes the talent quite a bit.

I would lean toward Paris winning this game IF they showed the ability to get defensive stops. They've given up way too many points, in my opinion, to some suspect offenses. This game is also in Argyle. Surmise it to say, this will likely be a shootout, with Argyle having a better defense, and better specials teams.

Argyle wins in a shootout by around 7-10 points.

Aguilafanatico
09-24-2015, 11:56 AM
Yes, Paris has about 25,000 people, but they do have two 4A schools (Paris and North Lamar), with a smaller 2A school (Chisum) on the southern edge of town. That dilutes the talent quite a bit.

I would lean toward Paris winning this game IF they showed the ability to get defensive stops. They've given up way too many points, in my opinion, to some suspect offenses. This game is also in Argyle. Surmise it to say, this will likely be a shootout, with Argyle having a better defense, and better specials teams.

Argyle wins in a shootout by around 7-10 points.

Geez, I hope its not shootout. Still waiting for this Eagles team to take control of a game and slam the door shut. Hope its this week. They did that to a degree in the Denison game though the 2's and 3's on defense leaked mightily and allowed Denison to put up 20 points in the final quarter and a half to make it a little interessting. We had a good lead in the Graham game but the defense leaked some (Graham had something to do with that) and Graham to put up a TD or two to keep Argyle from running away. If they are going to get to where they want to go, (and they have the top end talent to do it) then Argyle is going to have to learn to play 4 quarters and not take games for granted once up a few scores. Argyle should win this game handily. It's at home, its the final non-district game leading into a bye and then district, its an undefeated team coming in, they are still smarting from the Celina game........ Gotta start stringing them together. Last game of season 1 and with the schedule they have played, 4-1 wouldn't be bad.

regaleagle
09-24-2015, 11:57 AM
Yep.....that's kinda the way I was leaning, too. Argyle should control field position all night with their superior kicking game, and be able to capitalize on that. They will probably get a few turnovers, too. I fully expect at least one interception by Argyle. Paris will get their yards from goal line to goal line, but when they get inside the Red Zone, I think the Argyle defense will become very effective with a compressed field to defend. Explosive teams like to score from way out, so the Eagles need to stay in their coverages on defense. It's better to give up a few yards regularly and slow down Paris than it is to gamble on sacks and losses. I think Argyle will out-physical Paris by the 4th quarter and have them worn down. Still, they are a very dangerous team and can score on any play when they have the ball. Looks like Argyle will still need to put lots of points up, regardless.

regaleagle
09-24-2015, 12:37 PM
I'm hoping Ledford has a career-best outing in this game. The way he's been progressing each week, and with the weapons Argyle has in the receiving corps, I would not be surprised to see him eclipse 300 yds. passing this week. Argyle may need that kind of production to win this game.....we'll see. Still not sure about the Paris defense. They really haven't given up many points so far, but kinda hard to gauge so far. This game should tell much about both teams, but esp. Paris. I think both teams will be able to do well in the playoffs this season, if they can keep their qb healthy.

Wayne
09-25-2015, 05:58 AM
It's game day, and I'm chomping at the bit for kick off! I can see Ledford having a great night. With so many targets to choose from I think it will be hard to stop Argyle's passing game. On the other side of the ball, look for Argyle's D to come up with some drive killing takeaways. 45-21 Argyle

catgut
09-25-2015, 07:17 AM
At the end of the first quarter against Melissa, it was 28-24 Paris. At halftime it was 65-31 Paris. The final score was 72-31. Paris only scored 7 more points in the 2nd half, mainly because they probably played backups most of the 2nd half. I would call that explosive, LOL. Last week they scored 63 against Palestine. I don't care who you play, that's alot of scoring. Palestine and Melissa can't be that terrible. Looks to me like Paris can score, huh?
Paris scored only 7 points in the second half because they played backups but they also ran the clock straight through.

catgut
09-25-2015, 07:21 AM

Argyle wins in a shootout by around 7-10 points. Paris has five school districts within 10 miles. The three mentioned and Prairiland on southeast side and Roxton southwest of Paris. Of the five school districts Paris has the smallest district size wise.

waterboy
09-25-2015, 07:40 AM
Paris has five school districts within 10 miles. The three mentioned and Prairiland on southeast side and Roxton southwest of Paris. Of the five school districts Paris has the smallest district size wise.

I didn't count Prairiland and Roxton because they are further out of town. If I counted schools like that, I would have to count Harmony, Union Hill, maybe even New Diana, and a lot of Gladewater and Union Grove as being Gilmer proper.:D

Wayne
09-25-2015, 09:52 AM
Argyle doesn't even have a grocery store! Hahaha

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 11:01 AM
Hello TGIF Gameday in Texas!!! BIG game tonite in Argyle against Paris High, for sure. It will be the Quez Allen show vs. the Eagles D.....regardless of what some might say. All I gotta say is the usual>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GO GET EM EAGLES!!!

lostaussie
09-25-2015, 11:26 AM
And I have been pulling for Gilmer???

Trying to get you guys playoff ready:thumbsup:

Aguilafanatico
09-25-2015, 03:35 PM
Argyle doesn't even have a grocery store! Hahaha

Johnny Joes!

Eagle Nation
09-25-2015, 04:12 PM
Johnny Joes!

Aguila, if we have to there, it must a real emergency for something to eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 06:21 PM
Looks like another Friday nite doing the play-by-play for tonight's Argyle/Paris battle. I'll try to keep the action as current as possible, but it ain't easy listening to those Argyle Broadcasters and typing at the same time, lol. Sometimes they get excited and start calling the play or penalty before it's official. GO EAGLES!!!

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 07:28 PM
Argyle won the toss and deferred to the 2nd half and will be kicking to the Paris Wildcats to start this ballgame. The National Anthem is being played by the Eagles Band right now.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 07:30 PM
Ok....here we go. Estrada will kickoff as the Eagles will attempt to play field position tonight and kick it deep each time.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 07:32 PM
Estrada kicks one in the endzone for a touchback. Paris starts at the 25. Here comes Quez Allen. Dren Rollersen is the RB. They will run the ball, and pass it. Flags on the 1st play. Illegal procedure on the Wildcats for 1st and 15. Quez completes a 17-yd pass for a first down.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 07:34 PM
Quez gets pressure and scrambles down to the Argyle 37, but personal foul chopblock against Paris. The ball will come back and the penalty marked off. Now it will be first and 20 from the Paris 27. One yard run for Rollersen. 2nd and 19 now.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 07:34 PM
Quez runs the qb draw and picks up 9. 3rd and 10 now for Paris.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 07:35 PM
Allen had all sorts of time and overthrows intended receiver. Wildcats will have to punt.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 07:36 PM
McCook lets it bounce and roll to the Argyle 28 as they down it. Argyle starts on first down now.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 07:37 PM
Taylor Sweatt gets a 20 yd run on first down to the Argyle 48. First down Argyle. Now a jet sweep to Estrada for 7 yds. but a flag against Argyle. Looks like holding. Backs up the Eagles 10 yds. First and 20 now for Argyle.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 07:38 PM
Dillon Carter is @qb for Argyle tonite. Not sure where Ledford is. Flag on Paris now. 1 and 10 Argyle.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 07:40 PM
Carter hits Scott Smith outside for only 1 yd. 2nd and 9 at their own 49. Taylor Sweatt with a counter left then broke right to the 39 for another Eagles first down.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 07:40 PM
Motion against Argyle now.....that will make it 1st and 15 for the Eagles.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 07:41 PM
Sweatt runs the counter again for 13 yds. Now its 2nd and 2 for Argyle.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 07:42 PM
Carter hands it off to Sweatt again, but he is hit for a loss of 3. 3rd and 5 now.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 07:43 PM
Jet sweep to Estrada as he is hit hard at the 30 but gets it to the 28 for a first down.

Eagle Nation
Regal, we have our Freshman starting at Qb tonight.

regaleagle
Carter to Estrada on the bubble screen for 5 yds now. 2nd and 5 Argyle.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 07:44 PM
McCook takes the sweep down to the 15 for a gain of 6 or 7 and another 1st down.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 07:44 PM
McCook takes it down to the 7 on another sweep.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 07:47 PM
Argyle blocking looks very strong. This is an area the Eagles have been working on. Taylor Sweatt thrown for a loss, but a flag on the play. Offsides declined and facemask on Sweatt accepted by Argyle. 1st and goal from the 3 now for the Eagles.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 07:49 PM
Carter hands off to Sweatt as he is hit in the backfield but gets it back to the LOS. 2nd and goal. Taylor Sweatt bounces it outside and runs it in off a good block by Kaelen Keenan. Kick by Caleb Holt is good
Argyle 7
Paris 0

Nice extended drive by Argyle on its first possession.

Eagle Nation
09-25-2015, 07:50 PM
Ledford is on the sidelines suited up. He now has his helmet on.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 07:51 PM
Kickoff goes out of the endzone by Caleb Holt for a touchback. Paris starts at their own 25. Holt has done much work over the offseason to become a great kicker.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 07:52 PM
Perfectly thrown ball to Brown down the middle down to the Argyle 39. It was a perfect pass as Gage Campbell had good coverage.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 07:52 PM
2nd and 4 for Paris as Rollersen gains a yd or 2. 3rd and 2 now for Paris.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 07:55 PM
At the Argyle 40 yd line. Quez Allen keeps it off the fake and runs it all the way for a TD. An offsides flag against Argyle is rejected. The kick is good.

Argyle 7
Paris 7

Allen kept the ball on that 3rd and 3 and just found a hole outside and went the 40 yd distance.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 07:56 PM
Dylan Sadler takes the kick back to the Argyle 47 and he is hit and the ball is loose. Paris recovers the fumble at the Argyle 47 for a big turnover and good field position.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 07:57 PM
Paris calls a timeout here to get their offense ready to go. There was some confusion on the field.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:00 PM
Rollersen takes the handoff for 1 yd on a very hard hit. Allen is hit in the backfield and spins away, but David Bearden hits him again to wrap him up for a 3 yd loss. 3rd and 12 as Rollersen gets 3 yds. They will go for it here on 4th down, but time runs out in the quarter.

End of 1st

Argyle 7
Paris 7

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:01 PM
Looks like the ball is on about the Argyle 45 and it will be 4th down and about 8 yds for a first. Paris comes back out and now punts it and downs it on the 9 yd line. Here comes Dane Ledford out to qb the Eagles now.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:02 PM
Ledford hands to Sweatt as he breaks a tackle and takes it to the 21 for a first down.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:03 PM
Ledford takes the snap and runs it to the sideline for no gain. The snap was low. 2nd and 10. Ledford hits Chalk at the 22 and Chalk takes it down to the 32 for a first down.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:05 PM
Ledford throws it, but it's way underthrown to an open Smith and is intercepted by Paris. That pass just slipped out of his hand. Now Paris is on the Argyle 37.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:06 PM
Now Argyle is minus 2 on the turnovers tonite. Paris is down to the Eagle 26 now. 3rd and 3 for Paris.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:07 PM
Quez slips as he cuts for no yardage. 4th and 3 for Paris. Allen throws deep down the middle to Scott but it is overthrown slightly. Argyle will take over on downs at their own 27.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:08 PM
Throw from Ledford to McCook for a firstdown for 10 yds. Now a false start on Argyle. 1st and 15 now for Argyle.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:09 PM
Argyle playing a little sloppy on offense here tonite. Throw to JC Chalk is incomplete. 2nd and 15.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:09 PM
Ledford rolls to his right and hits McCook at the 40 for a gain of 9. 3rd and 6 now for Argyle.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:12 PM
Pass is complete to JC Chalk as he runs it down to the Paris 45 for a first down. Flag on the play. Looks like it will go against Argyle here. 3rd and 11 now. Ledford hits Smith for 6 yds, but that's it. Argyle will punt. Estrada punts it rugby style and it goes out of bounds at the Paris 34.....off the side of his foot. Not a typical long punt for Estrada.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:15 PM
Allen takes it out to the 41 yd line. 2nd and 3. Rollersen is hit at the LOS, but a late flag. Lots of flags here tonite. Personal foul on Paris and a player is ejected for targeting. 15 yd penalty against Paris. He used his helmet as a weapon hitting an Argyle player already on the ground. Maybe not a correct call for targeting, but definitely a personal foul.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:17 PM
3rd and 17. Allen is tackled in the backfield. 4th and 19. The Paris player threw a big punch and he was ejected on that personal foul. Paris will punt.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:20 PM
Luna drops the football and scrambles to the get the punt away as Matt Rowe hits him and gets a roughing call. 1st down for Paris. Matt thought he was running and too late on the attempted tackle as Luna got the punt away first. Running into the kicker is called, so not an automatic first down. Paris will take the punt as it would not have been a first down.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:21 PM
Ledford to McCook past midfield for 5 yds. 2nd and 5 for Argyle from the Paris 49. Now Sweatt gains 9 to the Paris 40 for an Eagle firstdown.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:22 PM
Inside pitch to JC Chalk good for 9 yds in the middle.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:22 PM
Ledford rolls right, but takes it as a keeper for a first down on that 2 yd gain.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:23 PM
Ledford fakes to Sweatt and goes deep to Estrada for a TD. Hold on.....ineligible receiver downfield against Argyle. Too bad because that was a great catch by Estrada.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:26 PM
1st and 15 from the Paris 35. Sweatt gains 7 to the Paris 27. 2nd and 8 for Argyle. Ledford takes a low snap and throws it deep to Estrada complete but there is another flag as these refs are really flaghappy tonite. Another late flag. They are calling it offsetting penalties. Who knows what happened there. 3rd and 8 for Argyle. Sweatt takes it for 6 yds. 4th and 2.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:27 PM
Caleb Holt makes a beautiful 39 yd field goal for an Argyle score.

Argyle 10
Paris 7

Too many flags in this game so far against both teams.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:29 PM
Argyle will kick and hits at the 3 yd line as Brown leaps over the Argyle tackler, but a flag is thrown against Paris for holding.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:30 PM
Paris starts at their own 9 yd line 1st and 10. Throw to Pipken is broken up by Tarwater. Lots of trash talk going on between the teams now.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:31 PM
Allen for a keeper just short of the firstdown good for 13 yds. 3rd and 2 as Argyle calls a timeout.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:33 PM
Allen keeps it and is hit and then bounces and steps out of another tackle for a firstdown. There is another flag thrown against Argyle, but they decline it.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:33 PM
Pass completed at the Argyle 48 for a Paris firstdown.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:35 PM
Jailbreak pass is incomplete. Now Allen is blitzed and hit hard as he releases the ball. Another flag down, but now they wave it off. 3rd and 10 for Paris. A screen set up on the jailbreak as Casey Harper breaks it up. 4th and 10 now for Paris with only 4 secs. left as Argyle calls a timeout.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:36 PM
I guess Argyle wants to take its final timeout of the half to set the defense.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:38 PM
They will set up for a punt by Luna. Luna runs around with the ball and then he eventually is run out of bounds at the 40.

Halftime

Argyle 10
Paris 7

Argyle is accepting the Lone Star Cup at halftime by the UIL for last year.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 08:55 PM
Argyle will receive to start the 2nd half and will need to find a way to put more points on the board. This Paris squad is just too explosive and can score at anytime anywhere on the field. Quez Allen is big, strong, fast, and dangerous if he gets into the open field. You have to keep him bottled up or he will win a one-on-one in the open field.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:08 PM
Paris defense has played very well in the first half tonite against the Eagles. They have some good athletes and some big boys too. Not sure who is wearing out who so far, haha. I think its gotten a little chippy at times.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:11 PM
Argyle takes the kick as Spencer Cullen takes it down the sideline and 2 flags are down. One is a late hit and the other is offsides on Paris. The late hit was out of bounds. Argyle will start at the Paris 19.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:13 PM
Ledford to JC Chalk down to the 8 yd line. That was a great return on the kickoff by Spencer Cullen. Great blocking outside as Sweatt goes up and over for the TD.

Argyle 17
Paris 7

Argyle strikes quickly to start the 2nd half, scoring in just 2 plays after a big kick return.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:15 PM
Still over 11 minutes left in this 3rd quarter as Argyle kicks to Paris. Holt kicks it for a touchback again. Quez Allen runs the zone option by is hit hard and loses 5 yds.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:16 PM
Long pass to Pipken over Tarwater all the way up to the Arygle 48 for another perfect pass. Allen takes it on the zone read and gains a yard. 2nd and 9 for Paris.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:18 PM
Now Quez Allen is back to pass and hit hard by Shane McKinney for a big sack. 3rd and 17 for Paris. Now Quez Allen is trapped in the backfield as he tries to pass, but Quez gets out of there and gains 20 yds for a firstdown. Now Rollersen gains 7. 2nd and 3 for Paris. Rollersen takes it to the Argyle 28 for 4 yds for a first.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:19 PM
Allen on the keeper for a yard loss on that firstdown play. He's hard to bring down.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:20 PM
Argyle defensive front takes Quez down back at the Argyle 40 for a big loss now. 3rd and 17 for Paris. Allen has nowhere to go here and is dropped for no gain.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:21 PM
4th and 16 and they throw it to Pipken as it is overthrown with Campbell on the coverage. Argyle takes over on downs as the defensive front dominated that series.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:24 PM
Sweatt takes it for 9 yds on firstdown. Ledford hands it off to Sweatt and he has room all the way down to the Paris 30 yd. line. Surprise, surprise.....a flag down on the 40 yd line. Ball comes back and it is 2nd and 12 now. Ledford is run out of bounds but another holding penalty against Argyle. This will back them up even more. They were on the 30 and now they are all the way back to the Argyle 28.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:25 PM
Estrada picks up a big gain to midfield for an Argyle first down on 3rd and 17 after Sweatt had run it for 12.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:27 PM
1st and 10 for Argyle at midfield as Drew Estrada takes the sweep on the leftside as he gains 20 downs the sideline. Ledford throws complete on the far sideline to Estrada for 8 more.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:28 PM
2nd and 2 as McCook takes it for 5 more on the jetsweep down to the Paris 13.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:29 PM
Ledford almost throws an interception as he tried to thread the needle to McCook. 2nd down from the 13. Sweatt takes it to the 5 yd line. Pickup of 9 yds.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:30 PM
Estrada takes it in for another TD from 4 yds out. The kick is good.

Argyle 24
Paris 7

1:24 left 3rd quarter

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:33 PM
Holt kicks off and it is taken by Brown full steam ahead, but here's another flag for a late hit out of bounds. Out to the 28 yd line. Still talking it over. They have waved it off as the man out of bounds was not the ball carrier.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:34 PM
2nd and 1 after a 9 yd carry. Now a big pass completion by Allen to Brown down inside Argyle territory. Argyle broadcasters do not say what yardline.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:36 PM
They are talking too much again and not calling the game. Here they go talking again. 1st and 20 now as another flag in the backfield. Paris Olineman all over Shane McKinney and threw him down. 2nd and 28 and Allen runs it for 1 yd. 3rd and 27 now for Paris.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:37 PM
End of 3rd quarter

Argyle 24
Paris 7

Some of the Paris players are losing their composure and the flags are flying.

Aesculus gilmus
09-25-2015, 09:37 PM
If you're easily defeating Paris, how did you lose to Celina? Was it an off night or is Celina just really good this season? I hope it was just an off night.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:39 PM
Long pass and it is a 40 yd pass in the air to Pipken. An interference is called on Tarwater. 1st down at the Argyle 47. Now Allen takes off and gets 8 before Casey Harper gets a shoestring tackle.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:40 PM
Jacob Forrer sacks Allen on that snap, but a flag is down as the pocket collapses and holding on Paris. 2nd and 11 for Paris after the penalty. Allen throws it incomplete.

Eagle Nation
09-25-2015, 09:42 PM
Aesculus, Celina is good this year.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:42 PM
Luna punts it down to the Argyle 14 as Estrada had to call fair catch. Good coverage for Paris on that punt.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:43 PM
Argyle starts at their own 14 yd line. Illegal procedure on Argyle. Now first and 15 from the 9. Lots of pressure on Ledford as he is sacked on the 2 yd line by the Wildcat defense.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:44 PM
Sweatt gains only 3 yds. 3rd and 19 for the Eagles.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:45 PM
Handoff to Sweatt and gains 12 yds, but not enough for a first down. 4th and 8 as Argyle will punt from deep in their own end.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:46 PM
Williams drops the ball on the return, picks it up and runs it down the middle before being tackled at midfield. Argyle overran the kick.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:47 PM
Paris run for a TD, but another holding penalty against Paris as Casey Harper was held. Really an unnecessary penalty there by Paris. 1st and 18 for Paris at the Paris 42 now.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:48 PM
Allen passes to Brown to midfield. Harper on the tackle. Gain of 9. Now Allen hits Brown again at the Argyle 26 yd line for a first down.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:49 PM
Argyle calls a timeout.

Aesculus gilmus
09-25-2015, 09:49 PM
Aesculus, Celina is good this year.

Thanks. Sorry to hear that. :eek:

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:50 PM
This will be a first down at the Argyle 26. Pass over the head of Rollersen on the sideline. 2nd and 10 for Paris now.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:51 PM
Quez throws it over the middle, but it is overthrown to his man that was open by a couple of steps on Dylan Sadler. 3rd and 10.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:52 PM
Great throw by Allen as Estrada makes the tackle to save a TD. Now Allen is sacked again.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:53 PM
Now Allen overthrows the receiver again. He throws such a pretty ball with so much ease. He's tall and makes it look easy. Now an inadvertent facemask against Argyle. Goes down to 8 yd line for Paris.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:54 PM
Allen throws a lob pass incomplete, but a flag down for motion against Paris.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:56 PM
At the 13, Allen runs left and Harper knocks it out of his hand and it bounces out of bounds for a pickup of 4. 2nd and goal from the 9 for Paris. Now Allen hits an open Pipken for a nice TD play for the Wildcats. The kick is good.

Argyle 24
Paris 14

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:58 PM
Onside kick line drive goes right to Spencer Cullen at the Argyle 45 yd line and he falls on it. 6 mins. left in the game.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 09:59 PM
Estrada gets it on the zoomsweep left and gains 9 for Argyle. Now Argyle is past midfield. 2nd and 1. Option by Carter at qb on a keeper. Flag thrown against Chalk holding against Argyle. Now Argyle back to their own 44. 2nd and 11.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 10:00 PM
Dillon hits Chalk for only 2 yds as he is hit as soon as he catches it. 3rd and 9 now for Argyle.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 10:01 PM
McCook takes the jetsweep, cuts it back to the middle and runs into Estrada. He is short of the first by 4 yds. 4th and 4 and too far for a field goal.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 10:03 PM
Estrada will go back in punt formation. Estrada is going for it on the fake. Estrada dives for it at the Paris 44 for the first down.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 10:03 PM
Sweatt picks up 5 yds at the Paris 39.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 10:04 PM
McCook in motion as the ball is handed off to Sweatt. He's hit hard but Sweatt gains 7 for a firstdown.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 10:05 PM
Sweatt going left and a big block thrown to open the hole for a gain to the 15 yd line.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 10:06 PM
Argyle's O-line is dominating now. Paris cannot stop them. 1st and 10 from the 16. Carter to Sweatt gains 5 yds after he was dead to rights in the backfield.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 10:08 PM
Now Taylor Sweatt takes it right, breaks a tackle at the 5 and walks into the endzone. A 13 yd run for that TD for Sweatt. The kick is good.

Argyle 31
Paris 14

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 10:09 PM
That TD run puts the game out of reach now for Argyle as not much time is left in this game. 1:14 left in the game.

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 10:10 PM
Paris takes the kickoff and Williams takes it all the way back for a kickoff return TD for the Wildcats. The kick is low and no good.
Argyle 31
Paris 20

regaleagle
09-25-2015, 10:14 PM
I guess Paris will try an onside kick here. Yep, Cullen bobbles it but gets a handle on it. Argyle will have about a minute and no timeouts left. Victory formation for Argyle here taking a knee each play to run down the clock. Argyle will win this game as they hold Paris to season lows on yards and points. This game is over.

Final
Argyle 31
Paris 20

Aguilafanatico
09-26-2015, 01:55 AM
I guess Paris will try an onside kick here. Yep, Cullen bobbles it but gets a handle on it. Argyle will have about a minute and no timeouts left. Victory formation for Argyle here taking a knee each play to run down the clock. Argyle will win this game as they hold Paris to season lows on yards and points. This game is over.

Final
Argyle 31
Paris 20

Guess that Argyle D is pretty good after all.

Wayne
09-26-2015, 06:09 AM
How many sacks did the Argyle defense have last night?