PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer vs Carthage at Lobo Stadium

Dawgs
09-19-2015, 08:14 AM
I have been talking a little smack to my Gilmer friends about this one. Honestly the only thing I know for sure is that it will be much closer than last year. I don't see any glaring strength or weakness from either team to have a clear cut favorite. Should be a good game, and I expect the teams to be evenly matched. We did a decent job last night stopping the GW running game, but still made too many mistakes. QB got knocked out in the 1st half, and we battled thru to win a very close game. He should be back this week, along with our starting tailback.

buckeyebob
09-19-2015, 08:26 AM
The meeting of the Bux & Dawgs has turned into a great rivalry game...having it @ Lobo on a Saturday night...having it at Lobo on a Saturday night has kicked it up a notch...no doubt, this will be an epic battle.

lostaussie
09-19-2015, 08:26 AM
I honestly have no prediction this week other than I believe it will be a good test for both. I said before the season I thought we would end regular season at 8-2 9-1. After watching kids get a little better each week I believe we can run the winning streak to 21 on Saturday night. Didn't say it was going to happen, just that I think we have a shot. One thing is for sure. It will be a high electricity playoff type atmosphere for both teams and should be an enjoyable game to watch.

hollywood
09-19-2015, 08:41 AM
Carthage by 7. Will become an instinct classic after this one is over.

Dawgs
09-19-2015, 08:43 AM
I honestly have no prediction this week other than I believe it will be a good test for both. I said before the season I thought we would end regular season at 8-2 9-1. After watching kids get a little better each week I believe we can run the winning streak to 21 on Saturday night. Didn't say it was going to happen, just that I think we have a shot. One thing is for sure. It will be a high electricity playoff type atmosphere for both teams and should be an enjoyable game to watch.

I agree. Both teams have a shot in this one. Wouldn't be surprised if Gilmer ran the streak to 21, but I would love for the Dawgs to be the one to end it. Where is ol' Cowboy? We need him in here to give us a little homerism.

lostaussie
09-19-2015, 08:43 AM
He will have some, I guarantee:D

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

cowboyandchrist
09-19-2015, 08:44 AM
I agree 100% with Dawgs, this game will come down to the last play. I am a homer and I believe the Dawgs will win for no other reason than how they have gotten better each week. The Dawgs beat a dang good football team last night without their Q/B and tail back that has rushed for 100 yards in three straight games. Townsend and Davis played really good at Q/B last night in place of Blissett. Davis comes in and throws a 40 yard TD pass to Townsend. The defense front seven are down right nasty, but we still need a lot of work on defending the deep pass. Guys are still looking at the receiver when the ball is in the air. They could have picked off several passes last night if they would have turned there head around. I like where the Dawgs are at right now, they have played four really tuff games and will be prepared for Gilmer. The stands will be packed and I cant wait. Payback time is just around the corner. Lets go Dawgs !!!!!! God Bless players, coaches, and fans.

lostaussie
09-19-2015, 08:45 AM
Speaking of:D

Dawgs
09-19-2015, 08:48 AM
I agree 100% with Dawgs, this game will come down to the last play. I am a homer and I believe the Dawgs will win for no other reason than how they have gotten better each week. The Dawgs beat a dang good football team last night without their Q/B and tail back that has rushed for 100 yards in three straight games. Townsend and Davis played really good at Q/B last night in place of Blissett. Davis comes in and throws a 40 yard TD pass to Townsend. The defense front seven are down right nasty, but we still need a lot of work on defending the deep pass. Guys are still looking at the receiver when the ball is in the air. They could have picked off several passes last night if they would have turned there head around. I like where the Dawgs are at right now, they have played four really tuff games and will be prepared for Gilmer. The stands will be packed and I cant wait. Payback time is just around the corner. Lets go Dawgs !!!!!! God Bless players, coaches, and fans.
Come on Cowboy. You know I was trying to play good cop bad cop. Tell these Buckeyes they don't have a chance against these Mighty Bulldogs! Do you hear'em growling!!

cowboyandchrist
09-19-2015, 10:01 AM
Come on Cowboy. You know I was trying to play good cop bad cop. Tell these Buckeyes they don't have a chance against these Mighty Bulldogs! Do you hear'em growling!!

I wished I could say they don't stand a chance, but this is a non district game and coach S is not going to show his hand before district starts. He may throw at wrinkle or two at Gilmer, but I doubt it. The Dawgs will be ready and know they (the players) want to beat Gilmer. This game will only make both teams better. Remember the storm from the East is coming and it starts in three weeks.
Lets Go Dawgs !!!!!! God Bless Players, coaches, and fans.

Leopardfan201
09-19-2015, 11:29 AM
Overtime game...Gilmer wins in OT

lostaussie
09-19-2015, 12:20 PM
Overtime game...Gilmer wins in OTShut yo mouth.........my big arse couldn't take that:D

waterboy
09-19-2015, 11:24 PM
I am a Buckeye fan to the end as all of you know, but I would be pleasantly surprised if we won this one.

First, the Buckeyes' weaknesses are Carthage's strengths. Our passing game has been terrible, so we won't be able to capitalize on the Bulldog weakness there.

Secondly, Carthage is a good passing team, which plays into our weakness.

Thirdly, penalties, turnovers, lack of execution, and key injuries have plagued the Buckeyes' this year. Through four games nothing has been cleaned up, and the discipline is not there to get it cleaned up.

Fourthly, Carthage has Surratt, and in a big game situation there's no one better. Coach Turner just hasn't learned how to place his players in the right positions to have the best chance to win. I'm hoping he gets this figured out and fixed, or our playoff run will be a lot shorter this year.

Lastly, I absolutely KNOW we have enough talent to win this game, and every game after it if only we utilize that talent the way we should. As a Buckeye fan for life, this year has been extremely frustrating to watch. I guess I have just joined the spoiled fan ranks after all the success we've had over the years.

Here's hoping for a Buckeye victory! Show us what you have, Bucks! ,Prove me dead wrong!

FAMILY!

buckeyebob
09-20-2015, 08:36 AM
I am a Buckeye fan to the end as all of you know, but I would be pleasantly surprised if we won this one.

First, the Buckeyes' weaknesses are Carthage's strengths. Our passing game has been terrible, so we won't be able to capitalize on the Bulldog weakness there.

Secondly, Carthage is a good passing team, which plays into our weakness.

Thirdly, penalties, turnovers, lack of execution, and key injuries have plagued the Buckeyes' this year. Through four games nothing has been cleaned up, and the discipline is not there to get it cleaned up.

Fourthly, Carthage has Surratt, and in a big game situation there's no one better. Coach Turner just hasn't learned how to place his players in the right positions to have the best chance to win. I'm hoping he gets this figured out and fixed, or our playoff run will be a lot shorter this year.

Lastly, I absolutely KNOW we have enough talent to win this game, and every game after it if only we utilize that talent the way we should. As a Buckeye fan for life, this year has been extremely frustrating to watch. I guess I have just joined the spoiled fan ranks after all the success we've had over the years.

Here's hoping for a Buckeye victory! Show us what you have, Bucks! ,Prove me dead wrong!

FAMILY!

I do agree totally...continue the spoiling

LionFan72
09-20-2015, 09:08 AM
I think the game of the week in 4A, wish I could see the game. Good teams with a playoff spirit, should be epic! Good luck to both teams, keep it classy boys!

cowboyandchrist
09-20-2015, 09:13 AM
I think the game of the week in 4A, wish I could see the game. Good teams with a playoff spirit, should be epic! Good luck to both teams, keep it classy boys!

Glad to here Brownwood is back and playing some good football. Carthage/Brownwood game of 2010 was the best game I ever saw.

lostaussie
09-20-2015, 11:47 AM
Let's not give in now Waterboy. I, myself would like to see us do a few things different........... But with that said WE are the champions, WE are the ones with a 20 game winning streak, WE are the ones who WILL NOT be intimidated by ANYBODY. WE are the Buckeyes!!! WE can do this and it won't be an upset if we do.

91 lion
09-20-2015, 11:58 AM
Glad to here Brownwood is back and playing some good football. Carthage/Brownwood game of 2010 was the best game I ever saw.

+1 cowboy....best game for me too.

But you and I must need to watch more football, because Brownwood/Carthage was only barely good enough to make the top 5 for Hollywood ;).....

Dawgs
09-20-2015, 07:40 PM
Let's not give in now Waterboy. I, myself would like to see us do a few things different........... But with that said WE are the champions, WE are the ones with a 20 game winning streak, WE are the ones who WILL NOT be intimidated by ANYBODY. WE are the Buckeyes!!! WE can do this and it won't be an upset if we do.
+1...We have everything to prove. Yall are the champs. On a 20 game win streak, and beat us worse than we have been beat in a long time last year. This group of Dawgs does not know how to win these big games yet. This is not the kids from 2008-2013. These Dawgs have proven nothing, but they have a chance to take what they want. The talent is there. Can we beat a Gilmer on a 20 game win streak, backed up by all the tradition? I don't know. My 100% honest gut feeling is, no. Paper, ya I think we should win by prolly 10 points or more. We are strong where Gilmer has shown weakness, plain and simple. I just have a feeling this Carthage team is not ready for this kind of game, I really don't. IMHO we don't have anybody that has stepped up that is willing to take a game over. Truly great teams always have those 1 or 2 guys that just elevates everybody else, and can put the team on their shoulders. I can name one on every Carthage team that has won state, and some of those teams had 2 or 3. You knew they were going to get it done. Put the team on their back and make a winning play when you needed it the most. We have some great players this season, but none have stepped up to that level yet. Hunter Townsend showed some guts last week. Maybe he is the guy, idk. This game will not make or break our season. It's how we respond after this one, win or lose, will determine how far we go. We have played with a lot of intensity this season, and from all things coming from Surratt he loves the effort. We will see what happens Saturday night. Could be one of those special games that you remember for a long time.

Dawgs
09-20-2015, 07:49 PM
If you really sit back and think about what these 2 programs have accomplished over the last 10 years it honestly is pretty amazing. These 2 programs have combined for 7 state championships in 10 years. We been on 30+ game win streaks, and they are currently on a 21. Both programs have played a ridiculous amount of games in that time, and have some of the best winning percentages in TXHSFB. I just sat down and thought about it. Pretty cool for these fanbases to experience playing each other. I really hope we continue this series.

Ohh by the way, you have no idea whats coming!!!

WOS87
09-20-2015, 07:55 PM
Gilmer is totally gonna win and WOS will lose and they will lock down that #1 spot for the rest of the season. Don't even try to argue me out of it.

lostaussie
09-20-2015, 07:59 PM
Ohh by the way, you have no idea whats coming!!!Keep telling yourself that....lol. We've played in 5 championship games in 10 years.......and you don't think we know what we are up against? We own it......come get it!!!

lostaussie
09-20-2015, 08:01 PM
Gilmer is totally gonna win and WOS will lose and they will lock down that #1 spot for the rest of the season. Don't even try to argue me out of it.Carfarage will be tough. We know whats up. But we ain't scared.......just because they are the Carfarage Bulldogs......lmao

Dawgs
09-20-2015, 08:03 PM
Carfarage will be tough. We know whats up. But we ain't scared.......just because they are the Carfarage Bulldogs......lmao

Gilmo Bucknuts get cracked this week!!

lostaussie
09-20-2015, 08:04 PM
Gilmo Bucknuts get cracked this week!!maybe.......but it won't be because we are intimidated.

Dawgs
09-20-2015, 08:05 PM
So we got Carfarage, Gilmo, Henneson, and Kilgo. Who am I forgetting?

lostaussie
09-20-2015, 08:06 PM
So we got Carfarage, Gilmo, Henneson, and Kilgo. Who am I forgetting?

Its GILMER to you sir:D

Dawgs
09-20-2015, 08:08 PM
maybe.......but it won't be because we are intimidated.

No reason to be...yall are the team on top right now. We gotta prove we belong. After a 6-6 season all the "benefit of the doubt" is out the window. A lot of people doubting the Dawgs right now.

lostaussie
09-20-2015, 08:18 PM
No reason to be...yall are the team on top right now. We gotta prove we belong. After a 6-6 season all the "benefit of the doubt" is out the window. A lot of people doubting the Dawgs right now.

That's odd.....cause a lot of people doubting the Bucks right now. Our fan base has lost sight of reality......just saying.

buckeyebob
09-20-2015, 09:16 PM
That's odd.....cause a lot of people doubting the Bucks right now. Our fan base has lost sight of reality......just saying.

No doubt here...Saturday 7:00PM...smells like blood in the water

hollywood
09-20-2015, 10:36 PM
Good luck to both this weekend. If I wasn't coaching soccer this Sat, I'd be there. Both fantastic programs.

hollywood
09-20-2015, 10:40 PM
+1 cowboy....best game for me too.

But you and I must need to watch more football, because Brownwood/Carthage was only barely good enough to make the top 5 for Hollywood ;).....

Yes, definetly top 5. Hard to argue Brownwood vs Stephenville 1996... Or Highland Park vs Stephenville 2005... Or Brownwood vs Texarkana Texas High 1998... Or Stephenville vs El Campo 2012. Many more to list.. Brownwood vs Carthage 2010, top 5 for sure!

waterboy
09-21-2015, 07:52 AM

I'm certainly not giving in, and the Buckeyes will never be "intimidated". If anything, other teams have been intimidated because of who Gilmer is. That helps, and is one of the reasons we are 4-0 so far this season, in my opinion. I just haven't seen the improvement I've been hoping for this season. If we can get a passing game going, and limit penalties and turnovers, I think we have a real shot at a repeat. The talent is there for sure. Can we beat Carthrage? Absolutely. Will we? It depends on the factors I mentioned, with the same factors being equal to both teams. One thing I know for sure, we can't just "show up" in this game and expect to win. We will have to TAKE it.

lostaussie
09-21-2015, 09:13 AM
Is this a 6 or 7 kickoff. Need to know how long I can fish:D

waterboy
09-21-2015, 09:46 AM

I have 'em down for 7. It looks like you have an extra hour.:D

oldtownag
09-21-2015, 09:50 AM
Gilmer gonna win big this week. I just hope no one gets hurt.

waterboy
09-21-2015, 10:05 AM

Carthage gonna win big this week. I just hope no one gets hurt.

toddg
09-21-2015, 10:29 AM
Yes, definetly top 5. Hard to argue Brownwood vs Stephenville 1996... Or Highland Park vs Stephenville 2005... Or Brownwood vs Texarkana Texas High 1998... Or Stephenville vs El Campo 2012. Many more to list.. Brownwood vs Carthage 2010, top 5 for sure!

..or WF Hirschi vs Brownwood 1989..:cool:

Gsquared
09-21-2015, 10:39 AM
How about a roll call for this game. Who's goin??? Ill start by adding my name. Ill be there. Cant wait

waterboy
09-21-2015, 11:29 AM
How about a roll call for this game. Who's goin??? Ill start by adding my name. Ill be there. Cant wait

Here!

movethechain
09-21-2015, 11:30 AM

I will be there. I'm really looking forward to seeing a great game between the Bux and the Dawgs.

Gsquared
09-21-2015, 11:42 AM
So far its just me, movethechain, and waterboy. Guess we will have the entire stadium to ourselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regaleagle
09-21-2015, 11:44 AM
Should be a great game. I think Carthage has played a little tougher predistrict schedule to get ready for this one. Not sure if the Buckeyes are ready for a team like Carthage. Yep, they did beat a good LE team to start the season, but not sure about Tatum, Dangerfield, and Pine Tree. And they barely got by LE.....could've gone either way. I like this matchup at this time of the year for both clubs. I'll take Carthage by a touchdown.....just have a feeling Surratt will have the boyz ready for this one.

poisoned10
09-21-2015, 11:47 AM
There!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Gsquared
09-21-2015, 12:24 PM
There!

So there are now four of us!

waterboy
09-21-2015, 12:29 PM

You could bring your girlfriend, dad, and five midget "friends", and it would be a party. Heck, we could play the loser of this game afterwards. The loser buys the beer!

Gsquared
09-21-2015, 12:30 PM
You could bring your girlfriend, dad, and five midget "friends", and it would be a party. Heck, we could play the loser of this game afterwards. The loser buys the beer!

Im bringing some ole broad for sure, ill check with the midgets and see if they are off on Saturday night. Im betting not, Saturday's are their biggest nights at the strip club.

waterboy
09-21-2015, 12:31 PM
Im bringing some ole broad for sure, ill check with the midgets and see if they are off on Saturday night. Im betting not, Saturday's are their biggest nights at the strip club.

But.., you ARE their biggest tipper. I'll bet you can convince them.

Gsquared
09-21-2015, 12:33 PM
But.., you ARE their biggest tipper. I'll bet you can convince them.

Ok ok ill try. If I do bring them, you have to change their litter box. Deal?

waterboy
09-21-2015, 01:18 PM
Ok ok ill try. If I do bring them, you have to change their litter box. Deal?

I ain't havin' nuttin' to do with no litter box! It gets deep in doodoo just a little too quick for me...

buckeyebob
09-21-2015, 06:08 PM

Good grief...a friggin love fest...next thing you now, y'all will be exchanging spit.

buckeyebob
09-21-2015, 06:09 PM

You could bring the Salad Sisters...great act

cowboyandchrist
09-21-2015, 08:17 PM

Cowboyandchrist will be on the 50 yard line, 7 rows up. LETS GO DAWGS!!!!!!!

lostaussie
09-22-2015, 07:58 AM
You got reserved seats for a neutral site game? That's amazing!!!

Gsquared
09-22-2015, 07:58 AM

That's about where ill be if I can manage it

lostaussie
09-22-2015, 01:50 PM
Who is home team?

waterboy
09-22-2015, 02:45 PM
Who is home team?

Carthrage

oldtownag
09-23-2015, 08:23 AM
If they had wanted me to come they shouldn't have played it the same time as Aggies vs. Roothogs. Friday is for HS football. Saturday is for College football.

waterboy
09-23-2015, 08:34 AM
If they had wanted me to come they shouldn't have played it the same time as Aggies vs. Roothogs. Friday is for HS football. Saturday is for College football.

High school football trumps all other football! Get your priorities straight! :tisk:;)

poisoned10
09-23-2015, 08:49 AM

You can't talk trash and not even show up to the game. Haven't you ever heard of DVR?

waterboy
09-23-2015, 08:52 AM
You can't talk trash and not even show up to the game. Haven't you ever heard of DVR?

He's from Carthrage! Don't confuse him... :p

oldtownag
09-23-2015, 09:04 AM
He's from Carthrage! Don't confuse him... :p

I would certainly DVR the Dawgs if they were televised. I still have a couple of the below games on my DVR :2thumbsup

waterboy
09-23-2015, 09:11 AM
I would certainly DVR the Dawgs if they were televised. I still have a couple of the below games on my DVR :2thumbsup

You still don't get it... I have all Buckeye games on DVR, plus I attend them in person. I also DVR college and pro games if I miss them live. I have to avoid people telling me what happened, though.

As I said..., high school football trumps all other football, period!

oldtownag
09-23-2015, 09:32 AM
You still don't get it... I have all Buckeye games on DVR, plus I attend them in person. I also DVR college and pro games if I miss them live. I have to avoid people telling me what happened, though.

As I said..., high school football trumps all other football, period!

Nope, You don't get it. Aggie football trumps all other football with me! Bulldog football is #2 though.

lostaussie
09-23-2015, 10:31 AM
Nope, You don't get it. Aggie football trumps all other football with me! Bulldog football is #2 though.

Are you as surly and grumpy on the Aggie forum as you are over here?:D

waterboy
09-23-2015, 11:32 AM

Just like an Aggie..., you think Aggie football trumps high school football in your own hometown. It's sad..., really...

lostaussie
09-23-2015, 01:38 PM
Just like an Aggie..., you think Aggie football trumps high school football in your own hometown. It's sad..., really...Everyone is is entitled to their own preferences Waterboy. I like the Ags too. I'll just have to keep up with them via mobile phone on Saturday.

waterboy
09-23-2015, 02:18 PM
Everyone is is entitled to their own preferences Waterboy. I like the Ags too. I'll just have to keep up with them via mobile phone on Saturday.

I like the Aggies, too, but I wouldn't miss a Buckeye game just to watch them on TV. If I were going to watch them in person, that might be a different story... You gotta have priorities..., and his are just wrong. :D That's why they make DVRs...:thumbsup:

oldtownag
09-23-2015, 03:57 PM
I like the Aggies, too, but I wouldn't miss a Buckeye game just to watch them on TV. If I were going to watch them in person, that might be a different story... You gotta have priorities..., and his are just wrong. :D That's why they make DVRs...:thumbsup:

Just wow. I didn't condemn your priorities. Why you want to condemn mine. Doesn't matter cause they want change.

Gig'em #1
Sic'em #2

From the inside looking out you cant explain it. From the outside looking in you cant understand it.

waterboy
09-23-2015, 04:17 PM
Just wow. I didn't condemn your priorities. Why you want to condemn mine. Doesn't matter cause they want change.

Gig'em #1
Sic'em #2

From the inside looking out you cant explain it. From the outside looking in you cant understand it.

Now you done got all personal and stuff...:crazy1:

It's okay. We all have different priorities...

I just choose to give you a hard time about yours...:D

cowboyandchrist
09-23-2015, 09:15 PM
Blissett and Hardy are good to go, now I feel much better. Lets Go Dawgs !!!!!!! God Bless both Teams, coaches, and fans.

hollywood
09-23-2015, 09:41 PM
Carthage by 7 on neutral ground. Should be a duzzy!

Aguilafanatico
09-23-2015, 09:46 PM

I say Gilmer wins but I am hoping Carthage gets all in their grill. 😉

Aesculus gilmus
09-24-2015, 08:17 AM
Blissett and Hardy are good to go, now I feel much better. Lets Go Dawgs !!!!!!! God Bless both Teams, coaches, and fans.

I reluctantly give the edge to Carthage then. Not saying Gilmer couldn't pull an upset, but our offense is just not ready for primetime yet. It may never be this season.

Having said that, if the Buckeyes O-line can do what they did to Liberty-Eylau, we still have a fighting chance. It is not written that you have to score through the air.

waterboy
09-24-2015, 08:53 AM
I reluctantly give the edge to Carthage then. Not saying Gilmer couldn't pull an upset, but our offense is just not ready for primetime yet. It may never be this season.

Having said that, if the Buckeyes O-line can do what they did to Liberty-Eylau, we still have a fighting chance. It is not written that you have to score through the air.

Most people say it would be an upset if Carthage were to win, but I think this game is more of a toss-up, in my opinion. Personally, I think I would also give a slight edge to Carthage, but the Buckeyes know how to win. They will have to get their game cleaned up, though, and I think they will this week.

Tink4392
09-24-2015, 09:14 AM
Have tons of respect both programs, both have great teams this year! Turnovers will be the key to this one, still think Gilmer wins by less than 7!

Aesculus gilmus
09-24-2015, 09:31 AM
Most people say it would be an upset if Carthage were to win...

Yeah, Grant and Terry had a good discussion of that this week. They said Gilmer was overrated by the AP. I agree. The only reason "most people" would say that is that they are doing AP pollster-level analysis. Carthage has played a tougher schedule and is still nearly undefeated. Gilmer has only one signature win. It's always a good thing that we catch Liberty-Eylau early. It is a team that always starts out slow and gains momentum as the season progresses.

lostaussie
09-24-2015, 08:04 PM
Word on the street is Demarco Boyd is out for Carthage game. That's a big blow for us......... But if that helps us in the BIG picture.......so be it.

cowboyandchrist
09-24-2015, 08:13 PM
Word on the street is Demarco Boyd is out for Carthage game. That's a big blow for us......... But if that helps us in the BIG picture.......so be it.

No Boyd for Gilmer, that is too bad, he is the best player on that team. I believe Carthage is a touch down better than Gilmer with him in the game, without him, I say two touch downs better. If you cant pressure Blissett, he will pick that defense apart and with Hardy and Townsen running the ball. I see a very balanced Dawg team Saturday night. Lets Go Dawgs !!!!! God Bless players, coaches, and fans.

lostaussie
09-24-2015, 08:16 PM
No Boyd for Gilmer, that is too bad, he is the best player on that team. I believe Carthage is a touch down better than Gilmer with him in the game, without him, I say two touch downs better. If you cant pressure Blissett, he will pick that defense apart and with Hardy and Townsen running the ball. I see a very balanced Dawg team Saturday night. Lets Go Dawgs !!!!! God Bless players, coaches, and fans.

Time will tell.......but I can assure you that you are in no way giving enough credit to our defensive line. Demarco is a big piece, but they are very solid and 2 deep.

waterboy
09-24-2015, 10:09 PM
Time will tell.......but I can assure you that you are in no way giving enough credit to our defensive line. Demarco is a big piece, but they are very solid and 2 deep.
Not to mention that Demarco Boyd hasn't played nearly as much on the defensive side of the ball as last year. We will miss his team leadership and field presence, however.

We just need to focus on getting better, eliminating penalties and turnovers, stay focused and execute the way we're supposed to. If we do that like I know we can, we should win. If not..., it could get ugly. Nobody likes to lose, but that might be what it will take to get this team's focus back.

LionFan72
09-25-2015, 06:02 AM
When y'all gonna quit patting each other on the back and get a little nasty?? Im thinking Surrat and the Dawgs by 10 at this point!

lostaussie
09-25-2015, 09:15 AM
When y'all gonna quit patting each other on the back and get a little nasty?? Im thinking Surrat and the Dawgs by 10 at this point!
I agree there hasn't been much mouthing but I think they have great respect for our program and I know the we have great respect for theirs. Besides that the taste of crow is bitter and I don't like it. With that said.......I hope we kick cricket dung out of their arse:D

pirate4state
09-25-2015, 12:17 PM
GO BUCKEYES!!! :cheerl:

ctown81
09-25-2015, 12:35 PM

I think both fan bases online realize it's about the bigger picture with bigger goals in mind. If the dawgs lose, i won't lose a lick of sleep due to the fact I just want us ready for playoff time. Have a feeling other fans see it that way too.

waterboy
09-25-2015, 02:26 PM

I just heard Demarco is playing! Where did you hear this?

lostaussie
09-25-2015, 02:41 PM
I just heard Demarco is playing! Where did you hear this?

Can't name my freaking sources:D might not get any more info!!! Albeit if its bad info, it really doesn't matter, does it:D

waterboy
09-25-2015, 04:58 PM
Can't name my freaking sources:D might not get any more info!!! Albeit if its bad info, it really doesn't matter, does it:D

Hahaha..., you're just trying to give the Carthrage peeps some hope! :D

lostaussie
09-25-2015, 04:59 PM
Hahaha..., you're just trying to give the Carthrage peeps some hope! :D

No. I still have the text:D

waterboy
09-25-2015, 05:05 PM
No. I still have the text:D

Forward it to me.... :D

lostaussie
09-25-2015, 05:09 PM
forward it to me.... :d

not:D

waterboy
09-25-2015, 08:20 PM
not:D

Liar... :D

cougartino
09-26-2015, 09:48 AM
I'll be headed to this one later on. Yak if you see me.

lostaussie
09-26-2015, 07:52 PM
Gilmer 8
Carthage 7
3:47 left in 2nd

d0tc0m
09-26-2015, 08:11 PM
Wow. 15-15 at the break. What a drive by the Bulldogs to end the first half. This sounds like a freaking early-December matchup more than a late September game.

lostaussie
09-26-2015, 08:14 PM
This is a battle but both teams seem to be getting into a little more of an offensive rythem.

Dawgs
09-26-2015, 08:17 PM
Didn't expect anything less. 2 evenly matched teams IMO. Dawgs get the ball to start the 2nd half.

Aesculus gilmus
09-26-2015, 08:38 PM
This game is painful to watch. Hard to believe it is tied. The game is boring me. Just another spoiled fan. I admit it. Been thinking of poor Jeff Traylor to alleviate my boredom. Heard the end of the Texas game and thought that was prolly a bad omen for us tonight.

lostaussie
09-26-2015, 08:43 PM
Personally its frustrating watching our offense sometimes........but I guarantee Carthage folks saying same thing. This two pretty good defenses.

Dawgs
09-26-2015, 09:01 PM
I agree. Sometimes we look like world beaters, and sometimes not. Both defenses playing good. I think both teams are going to live on defense the rest of the season.

cowboyandchrist
09-26-2015, 09:10 PM
I agree. Sometimes we look like world beaters, and sometimes not. Both defenses playing good. I think both teams are going to live on defense the rest of the season.

We have dropped two TD passes to wide open receivers. Both defenses are playing good football. Hardy has averaged 6 yards a carry, I don't know why we just don't give it to him the rest of the night.

cowboyandchrist
09-26-2015, 09:34 PM
This the first time I have seen Gilmer this year, they are a lot better than what I thought or heard they were. They will go a long way in DII.
My Dawgs are the real deal, but dang we have got to catch the dang football.

lostaussie
09-26-2015, 09:50 PM
I'm real happy:D

Bosqueville
09-26-2015, 09:54 PM
Score?? Anyone??

Roughneck93
09-26-2015, 09:59 PM
Score?? Anyone??

Gilmer won 18-15.

lostaussie
09-26-2015, 10:47 PM
This the first time I have seen Gilmer this year, they are a lot better than what I thought or heard they were. They will go a long way in DII.
My Dawgs are the real deal, but dang we have got to catch the dang football.

I tried to tell you our defensive front was our strongest point. We rotate 8 pretty mean dudes. Y'all thought Boyd was all we had.

Now question.........what do you put in the water to grow them 7 foot defensive ends? Carthage has guys like that every dang year. Those 2 DE's are lights out and I for one am glad we won't see them again this year.

bansheefan03
09-26-2015, 11:00 PM
Surratt said at the beginning of the season he is not going to bang up his running back in nondistrict and limit his touches. If the game mattered I would think he would of use the run alot more since it was productive the little he did use it.

bansheefan03
09-26-2015, 11:01 PM
We have been very pass happy all of non district

lostaussie
09-26-2015, 11:03 PM
We have been very pass happy all of non districtneed to keep working on it.........just like we do.

Aesculus gilmus
09-26-2015, 11:35 PM
I have to apologize for being bored by this game. I'm just not a defensive guy.

I went into this thinking we didn't have much of a chance so I'm still kinda in shock at the outcome.

Of course, Carthage can always say they are just working on stuff in nondistrict and holding back their full arsenal. I can tell the Dawgs, though, that you got Gilmer's best shot tonight. Our philosophy is not to hold back, especially since this may be the only meaningful game for the rest of the regular season.

Either your defense is really exceptionally good this year or our offense just isn't all that good. It may be some of both. We only scored 23 against Tatum, after all. At any rate, I miss offense. When I was younger, I could appreciate a good defense. I don't know what happened. Now I need to see points scored every few minutes to hold my interest.

I think you'd have to go back to about 2002 to find a game Gilmer won with only 18 points. I happen to recall we won district that year over Lindale with an 18-14 win at Buckeye Stadium. There may have been a low-scoring win since then, but I can't recall it.

movethechain
09-26-2015, 11:57 PM
It looked obvious that both Surratt and Turner were determined to work on pass play execution in this game. Also obvious that both teams need a lot more work on the same. Running game is the real deal for the Dawgs and the Bux. Hard to believe that the LE and Carthage games against Gilmer were decided by the kicking game, giving Gilmer the wins in both. Tied 15-15 at the half tonight, we come out and kick a field goal to go up 18-15, but everyone was like ho-hum, 3 point lead is nice, but expecting a lot more scoring. Game decided by our made field goal and a Carthage missed field goal (LE couldn't kick an extra point, although I think I heard they finally found a kicker). A sloppy mess for both teams with periods of fluid plays and clean execution off and on. Who would have dreamed that in a Gilmer vs Carthage game, that only 3 points would be scored in the second half, by both teams combined? Can I get/hear a WOW !!!??? :eek: No consistent offensive production by either team, but both defenses looked solid and capable of carrying their teams a good ways in the playoffs.

buckeyebob
09-27-2015, 12:04 AM
I was in Hawg Heaven...great game of smash mouth football...my good bud, Tristan Olivares, was awesome...got the scholarship, a couple of sacks, lots of tackles...what a night to remember...maybe we need to remember that we are on the sidelines of a great bunch of kids that make big time sacrifices, be it players, or band, the cheerleaders, ROTC, on & on...just because they enjoy being a part of it...thanks guys from an old fat boy...a lot of fun...THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

oldtownag
09-27-2015, 10:50 AM
I was in Hawg Heaven...great game of smash mouth football...my good bud, Tristan Olivares, was awesome...got the scholarship, a couple of sacks, lots of tackles...what a night to remember...maybe we need to remember that we are on the sidelines of a great bunch of kids that make big time sacrifices, be it players, or band, the cheerleaders, ROTC, on & on...just because they enjoy being a part of it...thanks guys from an old fat boy...a lot of fun...THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Congratulations Bob. Gilmer has bragging rights for another year. We both went 1-1 for the day. Aggies won and Horns lost.

lostaussie
09-27-2015, 11:44 AM
I went 2-0 :D

lostaussie
09-27-2015, 12:58 PM
So according to Smoakys site........Carthage coach should be fired.......as he really didn't try to win the game, but was more concerned about working on his passing game. GMAFB that's some funny sheet right there:D

Dawgs
09-27-2015, 03:40 PM
Congrats to the Buckeyes. I said I didn't think Carthage was ready to beat Gilmer, and we weren't. Both teams play good defense, and both offenses leave a lot to be desired. I just hope both teams have top 5 defenses. Gilmer now leads the recent series 3-2. They win the best outta 5. I hope we can keep this game going, cause it's a lot of fun. I've said it all along that we will go as far as our QB will take us. Still holds true. Kid had some huge shoes to fill after the run of QB we have had the last 8-9 years. You put any of the last 3 QB on this team and we are automatically state title contenders. Just not there yet. Let's see if we can keep improving and make a run. Again, good game Bucks and great win. You have a team that will fight for a win, and should make another strong run in D2. As for the Dawgs we just need to get better.

bansheefan03
09-27-2015, 05:58 PM
No one ever said Carthage coach should be fired and did he throw all they had just to win not even close he said at start of the season he is not gonna rely on the run game if it came down to it till the games count to keep from getting his running back banged up. Last night would of been one of those nights since could not ever seem to connect on anything down field and gilmer did a good job defending the short stuff. Our rb had 11 carries for almost 90 yds had that been 20-25 carries could of been a different outcome and would of opened the pass game up more . does this game matter one bit as far as how far Carthage makes it? No so why risk injury to key players if not needed.

lostaussie
09-27-2015, 08:06 PM
No one ever said Carthage coach should be fired and did he throw all they had just to win not even close he said at start of the season he is not gonna rely on the run game if it came down to it till the games count to keep from getting his running back banged up. Last night would of been one of those nights since could not ever seem to connect on anything down field and gilmer did a good job defending the short stuff. Our rb had 11 carries for almost 90 yds had that been 20-25 carries could of been a different outcome and would of opened the pass game up more . does this game matter one bit as far as how far Carthage makes it? No so why risk injury to key players if not needed.

Carthage lost.........but I would keep telling myself it didn't matter.......that would make me feel better. Just saying

waterboy
09-27-2015, 10:51 PM
Hogwash!!! I get tired of hearing this "We held back" bull crap. We hear that every time we play Carthage. If only we would've fed Hardy the ball more... Excuses anyone? Is it any wonder why beating Carthage makes us Buckeye fans a special kind of happy? Both teams played close to the vest, limiting touches by valuable players.

By the way, several of our best players barely played in this game, not to mention we still have one of the best offensive linemen in the state injured on the sidelines. We didn't make excuses, though.

Face it. This was two good teams that played their butts off to win. Both teams have very good defenses, and both teams' offenses have struggled at times.

There's always things coaches do that we don't agree with, or that we would do differently, but the only thing that matters is wins and losses. Us Buckeye fans have been spoiled by years of almost flawless executing and explosive offenses. This year's offense is difficult to watch at times. We are very slowly getting better at limiting mistakes, but execution is inconsisent. Now that we are playing the weaker part of our schedule, I'm hoping we can get our offense rolling.

By the way, when I say Buckeye fans are spoiled, think about it. We are 5-0 against a pretty stout schedule, yet we still are complaining, myself included. A whole lot of teams around the state would absolutely LOVE being on a 21 game win streak.

Aesculus gilmus
09-28-2015, 07:53 AM
Amen to all that, waterboy.

The Buckeyes are the opposite of the Longhorns at this point, even though our former coach is there. Buckeyes win games they should have lost. Longhorns lose games they should have won.

lostaussie
09-28-2015, 09:11 AM
We should just delete Carthage from the schedule and play teams that actually TRY to win:D lmao

waterboy
09-28-2015, 09:22 AM
We should just delete Carthage from the schedule and play teams that actually TRY to win:D lmao

:D Apparently, they only "try" to win when it matters... That's just plain silly. We played close to the vest, too, and actually tried to win..., and DID win. :thumbsup:

waterboy
09-28-2015, 04:07 PM
Have tons of respect both programs, both have great teams this year! Turnovers will be the key to this one, still think Gilmer wins by less than 7!

Good call!

buckeyebob
09-28-2015, 09:11 PM
Congratulations Bob. Gilmer has bragging rights for another year. We both went 1-1 for the day. Aggies won and Horns lost.

& thank you

oldtownag
09-29-2015, 08:32 AM
:D Apparently, they only "try" to win when it matters... That's just plain silly. We played close to the vest, too, and actually tried to win..., and DID win. :thumbsup:

And yall wondered why I was more interested in the Aggie game.

lostaussie
09-29-2015, 09:04 AM
And yall wondered why I was more interested in the Aggie game.

Hey......it was a great one. One time Carthage made a first down and I hollered TOUCHDOWN. Everyone turned and looked at me.......had to explain in was an Aggie TD :D

d0tc0m
09-29-2015, 04:09 PM
I just watched the highlights from this game on YouTube. And thanks to whoever the Gilmer poster is who always puts the games up each week. They usually get me through Tuesday afternoons at work haha.

But anyway, I can't really tell if Carthage's offense is pretty bad, if they just had a really off night or if Gilmer's defense is just really good. It looks pretty clear that the Bulldogs have some good athletes. But Blissett looked off a little bit, and maybe some of that was due to the huge hit he took early on and the concussion he had a week or two ago. And his receivers dropped a couple of big passes, too that looked like they could've turned the tide a little bit.

I'm leaning more towards the Gilmer defense just being really good, because it's hard to imagine Carthage being bad at anything with the athletes they have. But the Buckeyes fly to the football, defensively, and they don't miss many tackles. I continue to be impressed with them on that side of the ball. Offensively, they're not going to turn heads like last year, obviously, but they've still got some pretty dang good athletes out there.

More importantly, they found a way to win a big game against a big, talented rival. That's worth something, and it could be worth something down the road in other big matchups.

cowboyandchrist
10-01-2015, 03:23 PM
I just watched the highlights from this game on YouTube. And thanks to whoever the Gilmer poster is who always puts the games up each week. They usually get me through Tuesday afternoons at work haha.

But anyway, I can't really tell if Carthage's offense is pretty bad, if they just had a really off night or if Gilmer's defense is just really good. It looks pretty clear that the Bulldogs have some good athletes. But Blissett looked off a little bit, and maybe some of that was due to the huge hit he took early on and the concussion he had a week or two ago. And his receivers dropped a couple of big passes, too that looked like they could've turned the tide a little bit.

I'm leaning more towards the Gilmer defense just being really good, because it's hard to imagine Carthage being bad at anything with the athletes they have. But the Buckeyes fly to the football, defensively, and they don't miss many tackles. I continue to be impressed with them on that side of the ball. Offensively, they're not going to turn heads like last year, obviously, but they've still got some pretty dang good athletes out there.

More importantly, they found a way to win a big game against a big, talented rival. That's worth something, and it could be worth something down the road in other big matchups.

To answer all the Gilmoes remarks. Carthage did try and win, but only with the passing game. Hardy carried 11 times for 83 yards and that was it. He average seven yards a carry. coach S knows what he is doing. Do you believe if Hardy carries 25 times how that would have made a huge difference. Gilmer could not stop Hardy. He chose to try and win the game throwing the ball because you have to do both really well to win a championship. The Dawgs could not catch a cold against Gilmer and that is why they lost the game. Both teams have outstanding Defenses and both can run the ball, but they both better get the passing game going or neither one will win a state championship.
Gilmer will be a tuff nut to crack by any team in DII. The Dawgs are still my pick to win it all in DI. How many times have the Dawgs lost in Non-district and played well in district and the playoffs. Remember what I said the storm from the East starts next week, the first town to get hit by the storm will be Henderson.

waterboy
10-01-2015, 03:42 PM
To answer all the Gilmoes remarks. Carthage did try and win, but only with the passing game. Hardy carried 11 times for 83 yards and that was it. He average seven yards a carry. coach S knows what he is doing. Do you believe if Hardy carries 25 times how that would have made a huge difference. Gilmer could not stop Hardy. He chose to try and win the game throwing the ball because you have to do both really well to win a championship. The Dawgs could not catch a cold against Gilmer and that is why they lost the game. Both teams have outstanding Defenses and both can run the ball, but they both better get the passing game going or neither one will win a state championship.
Gilmer will be a tuff nut to crack by any team in DII. The Dawgs are still my pick to win it all in DI. How many times have the Dawgs lost in Non-district and played well in district and the playoffs. Remember what I said the storm from the East starts next week, the first town to get hit by the storm will be Henderson.

Just out of curiosity, I watched the complete game again just to see what Hardy actually did. I don't know who the statisticians were, but the stats I came up with had Hardy carrying the ball 13 times for 65 yards. He also made 3 catches for 36 yards. Not that it matters much, but Gilmer had several players that didn't play nearly as much as they usually do. We also had several starters out. Both teams worked on things that needed improving, and didn't do exactly what they would've done had this game meant more. The point is there is no need to make excuses for what happened, or didn't happen, in this game. I can guarantee you BOTH teams played close to the vest, BOTH teams restricted play by key players, and BOTH teams tried to win.

lostaussie
10-01-2015, 04:22 PM

Ahhhhh.......go watch Hardin-Jefferson and Tatum.........Gilmer/Carthage is OVER

cowboyandchrist
10-01-2015, 07:34 PM
Ahhhhh.......go watch Hardin-Jefferson and Tatum.........Gilmer/Carthage is OVER

Cant watch Tatum this year, great players, but do not know how to win. I am at a loss for words when it come to my Eagles.