PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Pirates

lostaussie
09-18-2015, 11:02 PM
You D1 guys better not overlook them.....just saying

Aesculus gilmus
09-18-2015, 11:15 PM
Spelling Nazi here. The Pittsburgh Pirates are a MLB team. But I know who you meant.

Pittsburg is headed toward a showdown with Liberty-Eylau in Chicken Town on Oct. 16.

lostaussie
09-19-2015, 07:50 AM
Spelling Nazi here. The Pittsburgh Pirates are a MLB team. But I know who you meant.

Pittsburg is headed toward a showdown with Liberty-Eylau in Chicken Town on Oct. 16.Dang spell check got me. I had it spelled Pittsburg and it auto corrected:D

Dawgs
09-19-2015, 08:17 AM
We scrimmaged them the 1st week. I knew they had some pieces to be good, but didn't expect them to be this good this fast with a new coaching staff and system. I agree. People should watch out for them boys. Should be a great game with them and LE for what should be for the district championship.

Aesculus gilmus
09-19-2015, 09:41 AM
Dang spell check got me. I had it spelled Pittsburg and it auto corrected:D

To avoid confusion with the one in Pennsylvania, we always liked to call it "Pitchburg.":) That was back when we played them practically every year.

That's one thing I don't understand about our scheduling. Pittsburg, just due to proximity (closer to us than any other 4A school except Gladewater and Spring Hill), ought to be on there every year.

Daingerfield is about 15 miles farther away and is no longer a similar-sized school. Even though it might have meant we'd have a loss on our record, I'd rather we play Pitt than D'field.