PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville @ Lubbock-Cooper

Ville-D
09-15-2015, 04:52 PM
Well, thoughts?

Lets hear from the Haters and the Homers and those who could care less.

Smitty
09-15-2015, 07:25 PM
Did their QB from last year graduate? That dude was impressive last year in the ESPN game.

Sweetwater Red
09-15-2015, 07:33 PM
For what it's worth Lubbock Cooper has really blown up in population recently and they were prepared for it.
They have all new facilities. Their baseball field is really nice.

Ville-D
09-15-2015, 08:21 PM
Did their QB from last year graduate? That dude was impressive last year in the ESPN game.

I think he did

slingshot
09-15-2015, 09:25 PM
'Ville in a close one. Payback.

JacketSwarm
09-16-2015, 07:29 AM
payback for last year. lubbock got lucky. JACKETS big in this one.

FIRE AWAY!

Red&White_9x5
09-16-2015, 08:11 AM
No offense meant here, but the entire nation watched that game. I would not say Cooper got lucky. The jumped on a bus for what I would figure was a 4 hour trip, on a Thursday, to play the so called #1 team in the state and they dominated that game from start to finish. There was no luck, they were the better team! And from what I have heard, they are as good if not better this year than they were last year

hollywood
09-16-2015, 08:22 AM
No offense meant here, but the entire nation watched that game. I would not say Cooper got lucky. The jumped on a bus for what I would figure was a 4 hour trip, on a Thursday, to play the so called #1 team in the state and they dominated that game from start to finish. There was no luck, they were the better team! And from what I have heard, they are as good if not better this year than they were last year

I agree. Cooper was a very solid 5A team. They had a great game plan and were the better team that night. For someone to say they got lucky is dumb! But Stephenville was in that game and made a couple of costly mistakes and had no answer for their QB's play. Stephenville's D appears to be stouter this season while the offense of still developing its strengths.

bearbear78
09-16-2015, 08:37 AM
What hollywood said!

Bosqueville
09-16-2015, 09:00 AM
Great looking stadium.

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=1313

Sweetwater Red
09-16-2015, 09:24 AM
Great looking stadium.

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=1313

Plus, it's really easy to get to and because it's on the south side of town you can avoid all the traffic
inside Lubbock.

jason
09-16-2015, 09:40 AM
i bet the visitor side will be packed.....if they all sit on the same row...

Ville-D
09-17-2015, 11:47 PM
Heard today that...

Ville-D
09-18-2015, 11:53 PM
Heard today that...

...Our QB is back.

wyliefan
09-19-2015, 06:42 PM
Score from this game...

ccmom
09-19-2015, 06:44 PM
Score from this game...

Cooper won 41-7

Rocket
09-19-2015, 06:48 PM
Crickets... Chirp chirp

Hollyville
09-19-2015, 07:14 PM
Crickets... Chirp chirp

LOL! I'm not dodging this. Ville got owned in a big way. Jackets are not worthy to be in the top 30 with that performance and I'll say that the Lions will own Tarleton stadium come October 9th if the Jackets don't get it together. I totally understand Cooper was really good, but Jackets cant take one thing from this game as a positive. Total arse whoopin!

Rocket
09-19-2015, 07:35 PM
LOL! I'm not dodging this. Ville got owned in a big way. Jackets are not worthy to be in the top 30 with that performance and I'll say that the Lions will own Tarleton stadium come October 9th if the Jackets don't get it together. I totally understand Cooper was really good, but Jackets cant take one thing from this game as a positive. Total arse whoopin!

Lol love it

Hollyville
09-19-2015, 07:42 PM
Lol love it

No doubt you do. Kinda takes the sting off the Lions loss. Jacket will match up nice against the Indians, but not the Lions. Matchup October 9th will be in the Lions favor.

Rocket
09-19-2015, 07:43 PM
No doubt you do. Kinda takes the sting off the Lions loss. Jacket will match up nice against the Indians, but not the Lions. Matchup October 9th will be in the Lions favor.

Still early.... Lots of football to be played...

Hollyville
09-19-2015, 07:44 PM

It might even bring BEAST back!

Rocket
09-19-2015, 07:55 PM
It might even bring BEAST back!

Beast is around. Busy weekend for him.

toddg
09-19-2015, 08:23 PM

:crazy1:crazy talk!!

Rocket
09-19-2015, 09:07 PM

Agreed.

Hollyville
09-19-2015, 09:18 PM

I didn't say Jackets win!

Sweetwater Red
09-19-2015, 11:44 PM
i bet the visitor side will be packed.....if they all sit on the same row...

There were actually more people there than I thought there would be given the drive. I had forgotten how
small the visitor's side was and it is small but still a decent crowd.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/image.jpg1_5.jpg

LionFan72
09-20-2015, 08:53 AM
A serving of humble pie left on the table?

91 lion
09-20-2015, 09:52 AM
Cooper won 41-7

So, for those that went to the game.... was Cooper just that good and Sville got out classed or did it just get out of hand early?

toddg
09-20-2015, 10:23 AM
So, for those that went to the game.... was Cooper just that good and Sville got out classed or did it just get out of hand early?
I know a couple of turnovers went for scores..

Sweetwater Red
09-20-2015, 10:43 AM
I know a couple of turnovers went for scores..

One a fumble recovery that was returned for a TD and also a Pick 6. There were more TOs than that by
the SV offense though. The Ville offense just seemed really infective from the onset. It was obvious they
miss both their QB and RB. In my opinion it just looked like the offensive plays took too long to develop
and the LC defense seemed a step faster, reacting to reads and the DBs jumped routes. They were really
agressive all game long.

hollywood
09-20-2015, 11:17 AM
One a fumble recovery that was returned for a TD and also a Pick 6. There were more TOs than that by
the SV offense though. The Ville offense just seemed really infective from the onset. It was obvious they
miss both their QB and RB. In my opinion it just looked like the offensive plays took too long to develop
and the LC defense seemed a step faster, reacting to reads and the DBs jumped routes. They were really
agressive all game long.

That is the effect of what a Soph QB who has limited varsity experience can have vs teams who are just bigger, stronger and faster. Sville will be fine and hold their own within the 4A classification. There is a reason Sville plays a tough pre-district schedule.

hollywood
09-20-2015, 11:18 AM

I don't think anyone was boasting that Sville would dominate this season. Especially against the solid 5A and 7A teams. ;)

toddg
09-20-2015, 11:37 AM
That is the effect of what a Soph QB who has limited varsity experience can have vs teams who are just bigger, stronger and faster. Sville will be fine and hold their own within the 4A classification. There is a reason Sville plays a tough pre-district schedule.

Both Stidham and Jones were juniors when they took the helm as the starting QBs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

91 lion
09-20-2015, 11:48 AM

They will be fine.

hollywood
09-20-2015, 01:33 PM
Beast is around. Busy weekend for him.

Aren't we all busy? :D

hollywood
09-20-2015, 01:36 PM

Both facts and both QB's had their share of adversity to work through. E. Jones will be fine. SYJ's will fight for their pride and to continuously improve. Let's see how far it takes them this season.

toddg
09-20-2015, 02:11 PM
I'm all for the Jackets doing great...after next Friday...

Rocket
09-20-2015, 02:22 PM

Homer... I smell excuses....

panfan
09-20-2015, 02:59 PM
Homer... I smell excuses....

Kinda like the one you threw out after the indians whipped your cubs.

BwdLions
09-20-2015, 04:06 PM
I don't think anyone was boasting that Sville would dominate this season. Especially against the solid 5A and 7A teams. ;)

The ville is playing 7A teams now?

vtskneb
09-20-2015, 05:41 PM

The Florida team.

speedbump
09-20-2015, 07:00 PM
Quote Originally Posted by BwdLions View Post
The Florida team."

They would be avg. 5A in Texas. About the size of Angleton or Dallas Adams.

hollywood
09-20-2015, 08:36 PM
The Florida team."

About 1,900 students grades 9-12.

hollywood
09-20-2015, 09:01 PM
Lubbock Cooper approx 1,500 students.

Ville-D
09-20-2015, 09:04 PM

E Jones is a Soph... Your point?

Ville-D

Ville-D
09-20-2015, 09:09 PM

We will be fine vs schools our size. Haven't lost to many equal sized schools in the last few years.

This game reminded me of when we were in district with Waco Midway... They just had too much talent to pick from.

They suited up about twice as many kids as we do.

They have a great program and we were just outmatched.

Ville-D

toddg
09-20-2015, 09:10 PM
Folks need to be patient with him..by playoffs he'll be playing with confidence and throwing darts..the two QBs mentioned didn't have that pressure as sophs!!!!
Look at our QB.. he started as a soph last year.. Had his ups and downs..now he's hitting passes he never would attempt a year ago!!

Ville-D
09-20-2015, 09:11 PM
Folks need to be patient with him..by playoffs he'll be playing with confidence and throwing darts..the two QBs mentioned didn't have that pressure as sophs!!!!
Look at our QB.. he started as a soph last year.. Had his ups and downs..now he's hitting passes he never would attempt a year ago!!

Agreed.

Ville-D

vtskneb
09-20-2015, 10:03 PM
The Florida team."

If you mean talent wise I would say they were top ten in the classification they would fall in, in Texas. If you mean median size then yes I would agree.

At 1900 students would that not put them in the division 1 5a bracket? All that being said Stephenville needs to strap it on tight because you can bet Alvarado isn't feeling sorry for anyone.

slingshot
09-20-2015, 10:47 PM
If you mean talent wise I would say they were top ten in the classification they would fall in, in Texas. If you mean median size then yes I would agree.

At 1900 students would that not put them in the division 1 5a bracket? All that being said Stephenville needs to strap it on tight because you can bet Alvarado isn't feeling sorry for anyone.About the same size as Abilene Cooper--so yes, 5A, Div I.

LionFan72
09-21-2015, 07:18 AM
To be the best, you have to beat the best, Learning curve is pre-district. Ville will be alright.