PDA

View Full Version : Steve Patterson out at Texas?

Roughneck93
09-15-2015, 09:05 AM
Per sources....

http://www.hookem.com/story/breaking-steve-patterson-expected-out-as-texas-athletic-director/ (http://www.hookem.com/story/breaking-steve-patterson-expected-out-as-texas-athletic-director/)

NastySlot
09-15-2015, 09:14 AM
Per sources....

http://www.hookem.com/story/breaking-steve-patterson-expected-out-as-texas-athletic-director/ (http://www.hookem.com/story/breaking-steve-patterson-expected-out-as-texas-athletic-director/)

Wait so does that mean no more games in Dubai or Mexico City?

Roughneck93
09-15-2015, 09:16 AM
Wait so does that mean no more games in Dubai or Mexico City?
Lol, I hope....

New Taiton
09-15-2015, 09:49 AM
What a bunch of knee jerk reactions the Texas decision makers have made in the past several weeks.

So now there's going to be an interim AD until at least football season is over which could actually extend through the end of March Madness? The interim guy will be placed to maintain status quo so in reality, nothing will change until the new guy is hired.

It's been a surprising clown show on the 40 acres in the past month.

Weebe
09-15-2015, 11:16 AM
They need a circus tent over the 40 acres.

hookandladder
09-15-2015, 11:17 AM
What a bunch of knee jerk reactions the Texas decision makers have made in the past several weeks.

So now there's going to be an interim AD until at least football season is over which could actually extend through the end of March Madness? The interim guy will be placed to maintain status quo so in reality, nothing will change until the new guy is hired.

It's been a surprising clown show on the 40 acres in the past month.

Go suck an aggy egg, you bitch about Texas no matter what .Typical aggy troll, get a freaking life.

duckhunter
09-15-2015, 11:57 AM
#letsride

more like #letshide................amirite?:smoker:

Scoop27
09-15-2015, 12:23 PM
Not a big surprise=He was just a little bit too cool to be a AD for Texas

New Taiton
09-15-2015, 01:03 PM
Go suck an aggy egg, you bitch about Texas no matter what .Typical aggy troll, get a freaking life.

Care to add your opinion or are you just down here to call people names?

Phil C
09-15-2015, 03:17 PM
Remember: BE POLITICALLY CORRECT! :mad:

coach
09-15-2015, 03:26 PM
Some names i am hearing are Jason Cook, Mack Brwon, Oliver Luck, and even Matthew Mcconaughey

Rabid Cougar
09-15-2015, 03:57 PM
Had to go get a Cameron Yoeman to right the ship as Interim.

duckhunter
09-15-2015, 05:58 PM
Got a feeling all of their top choices will pass just like they did when they were searching for a head coach. Look for them to get a guy who isn't qualified

Roughneck93
09-15-2015, 08:29 PM
Steve Patterson statement....

After considerable discussion, The University of Texas at Austin President, Gregory Fenves, and I have agreed that our great university will be best served by a new men’s athletic director. Accordingly, I have agreed to step aside effective today. Change is never easy, but I have every confidence that UT Athletics will continue to thrive as it embraces the future. I want to thank President Fenves for the graciousness he has displayed throughout this process.

“I am very proud of what we have accomplished in a relatively short period of time, including the historic addition of coaches in football and basketball, improvements to ticketing operations, facilities and other initiatives that will greatly benefit our Longhorn student-athletes and the many fans who care deeply about them. As a Longhorn myself, a graduate of the University and its law school, I want nothing but the best for my alma mater, and I wish President Fenves and everyone at UT-Austin well as we continue the journey. I leave behind a motivated and dedicated team committed to the world-class standards that all Longhorns expect.

“I thank this team, our student athletes and the entire Longhorn family for having given me this opportunity to serve.

“Hook ‘em!”

1st and goal
09-15-2015, 08:47 PM
Steve Patterson statement....

After considerable discussion, The University of Texas at Austin President, Gregory Fenves, and I have agreed that our great university will be best served by a new men’s athletic director. Accordingly, I have agreed to step aside effective today. Change is never easy, but I have every confidence that UT Athletics will continue to thrive as it embraces the future. I want to thank President Fenves for the graciousness he has displayed throughout this process.

“I am very proud of what we have accomplished in a relatively short period of time, including the historic addition of coaches in football and basketball, improvements to ticketing operations, facilities and other initiatives that will greatly benefit our Longhorn student-athletes and the many fans who care deeply about them. As a Longhorn myself, a graduate of the University and its law school, I want nothing but the best for my alma mater, and I wish President Fenves and everyone at UT-Austin well as we continue the journey. I leave behind a motivated and dedicated team committed to the world-class standards that all Longhorns expect.

“I thank this team, our student athletes and the entire Longhorn family for having given me this opportunity to serve.

“Hook ‘em!”

this plus a 6 million contract buyout. Things are f'd up at UT. I'm glad SP is gone. Playing half way around the world, just trying to get a payday....what a buffoon.

Saggy Aggie
09-15-2015, 10:17 PM

Lol....