PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Greenwood

wildstangs
12-28-2002, 04:14 PM
I think these guys are gonna be bad next year. Heard they are losing some key defensive players? What do yall think? I know there have been some teams such as Bridgeport and Wylie that have made deep runs and seem to have great teams coming back that dont do much. Speak up Ranger fans! We have MUCH time to kill until the games!

vet93
12-28-2002, 04:50 PM
Wildstangs...when you say "bad", I assume you mean "goooood"! Right? I think that they have like 15 returning starters. They should be very good. However, sometimes team chemistry is a funny thing. The seniors that graduated seemed to be leaders who knew how to get ready for big games. Sometimes it is hard to replace players like this. They may not be the "marquee" players but they are the heart and soul of a team. Having said all of this...I expect them to have some good leadership from a very talented junior class this year. They have tasted success without achieving their ultimate goal so they should be well motivated. Taking an early look at division II, Region I this year I would have to say that Greenwood and Decatur are the two favorites. You have seen both teams play and know what each has returning...what do you think?

wildstangs:
I think these guys are gonna be bad next year. Heard they are losing some key defensive players? What do yall think? I know there have been some teams such as Bridgeport and Wylie that have made deep runs and seem to have great teams coming back that dont do much. Speak up Ranger fans! We have MUCH time to kill until the games!

wildstangs
12-28-2002, 07:35 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by vet93:
[QB]Wildstangs...when you say "bad", I assume you mean "goooood"! Right? I think that they have like 15 returning starters. They should be very good. However, sometimes team chemistry is a funny thing. The seniors that graduated seemed to be leaders who knew how to get ready for big games. Sometimes it is hard to replace players like this. They may not be the "marquee" players but they are the heart and soul of a team. Having said all of this...I expect them to have some good leadership from a very talented junior class this year. They have tasted success without achieving their ultimate goal so they should be well motivated. Taking an early look at division II, Region I this year I would have to say that Greenwood and Decatur are the two favorites. You have seen both teams play and know what each has returning...what do you think?

Greenwood and Decatur are my early favorites for Region 1. I wonder what Decatur has retuning besides the QB and receiver. They are both sophomores. OUCH!

Ranger Mom
12-28-2002, 10:13 PM
My early prediction is that Greenwood will be fine losing the seniors that they will be losing. Not only have these boys been great leaders but also great teachers. They have earned the younger boys respect and will be passing the torch to a talented group of juniors who, in my opinion, will get the same type of respect. In the regular season, we had one sophomore on the Varsity team. During the play-offs we had quite a few who moved up and were able to get some valuable playing time. I look forward to seeing how the 2003 team will compare with 2002.

vet93
12-28-2002, 10:34 PM
Wildstangs...When the two kids from Decatur are seniors we will be in 2A...hehe...so you and RangerMom will have to carry the torch of west texas football against the rampaging horde from the metroplex... wink Actually...the way that the UIL usually configures 3A the bottom will be 200 and the top will be 1000 students :mad:

Buffalo
12-29-2002, 12:49 AM
Greenwood will be very good next year. They open up with ballinger at home but the true test will come in the mustang bowl 3rd week of the season. That will be a great game again. Those 2 teams could clash 2 times again next year. Both having great experience back and very good def.

wildstangs
12-29-2002, 03:25 PM
Buffalo:
Greenwood will be very good next year. They open up with ballinger at home but the true test will come in the mustang bowl 3rd week of the season. That will be a great game again. Those 2 teams could clash 2 times again next year. Both having great experience back and very good def.Think Greenwood could hand the Mustangs their first loss on the turf? I hope not! We also get Graham, Snyder, Lamesa, and Merkel at home this year.