PDA

View Full Version : Graham @ Argyle - State semifinal rematch

Aguilafanatico
09-14-2015, 02:57 PM
Well definitely not as much buzz for this one as has been in the past. Argyle losing to Celina on Friday and Graham coming in losing two in a roll has moved this game out of primetime. Very quiet on the threads. I for one am very confident in a big bounce back by Argyle. However, certainly do not expect Graham to come in and lay down. Too much recent history between these two (2 straight state semifinal matchups). Will Argyle, loaded with all those dastardly move-ins, and playing in their home opener (going to have to show them where the home dressing room is) be able to handle the Graham home-growners (except for their qb of course)?

Fire away!

charlesrixey
09-14-2015, 03:07 PM
what were the scores from the last two semifinal games? I don't recall off of the top of my head

Aguilafanatico
09-14-2015, 03:25 PM
what were the scores from the last two semifinal games? I don't recall off of the top of my head

2013 - Argyle 38 / Graham 14
2014 - Argyle 23 / Graham 20

Bosqueville
09-14-2015, 04:25 PM
This will be ugly. Argyle by 28.

d0tc0m
09-14-2015, 04:30 PM
I think Gaham will be able to move the ball on Argyle, just not enough. The Eagles are too speedy and too experienced, and they pull away late in the third quarter. Panic ensues in Steer country afterwards with a third straight loss.

ICML
09-14-2015, 04:45 PM
Argyle by 21+

briandumith*
09-14-2015, 05:05 PM
https://flynnpc.smugmug.com/Sports/Graham/Football/2014-06-FB-Steers-vs-Argyle/i-6F6c8Nd/0/M/FB_Steers_2014-09-19_1540-M.jpg
This guy ran for 197 yards and 4 Touchdowns against Argyle last year.. He has yet to touch the ball this year...Will that change Friday.....Interesting..

d0tc0m
09-14-2015, 05:10 PM
https://flynnpc.smugmug.com/Sports/Graham/Football/2014-06-FB-Steers-vs-Argyle/i-6F6c8Nd/0/M/FB_Steers_2014-09-19_1540-M.jpg
This guy ran for 197 yards and 4 Touchdowns against Argyle last year.. He has yet to touch the ball this year...Will that change Friday.....Interesting..

Why hasn't he touched the ball yet?

briandumith*
09-14-2015, 05:12 PM
Why hasn't he touched the ball yet?
that is a VERY VERY good question...I have heard that we are not playing all our cards yet..but can not confirm this.. he does play safety

Wayne
09-14-2015, 05:18 PM

1 game, or is that total for both games?

briandumith*
09-14-2015, 05:19 PM
1 game, or is that total for both games?
game one 120 3 Tds
game two 77 1 Td
7.1 yards per carry in 1st game...4.3 yards per in 2nd.. and we are a passing O

d0tc0m
09-14-2015, 05:25 PM
that is a VERY VERY good question...I have heard that we are not playing all our cards yet..but can not confirm this.. he does play safety

Seems silly. I get not playing 'all your cards,' but more in terms of the play book, not playing personnel just to keep things close to the vest seems like a recipe for disaster down the road.

briandumith*
09-14-2015, 05:25 PM
Seems silly. I get not playing 'all your cards,' but more in terms of the play book, not playing personnel just to keep things close to the vest seems like a recipe for disaster down the road.
yes you are not alone with that thought... But I can confirm that the team has gone very quiet from the start of the season. .and a few of players are playing different positions than normal ... from the start..

bearbear78
09-14-2015, 05:43 PM
It's just not the hyped game it's been for the last couple years. Both programs suffered big loss of key players you don't replace so soon. We have a lot of new faces and it's gonna take some time to make adjustments and get these guys firing on all cylinders. Whoever has learned the most and made proper adjustments will win Friday night. 3 and 41 have got to carry the ball or we will be in trouble.

briandumith*
09-14-2015, 05:54 PM
It's just not the hyped game it's been for the last couple years. Both programs suffered big loss of key players you don't replace so soon. We have a lot of new faces and it's gonna take some time to make adjustments and get these guys firing on all cylinders. Whoever has learned the most and made proper adjustments will win Friday night. 3 and 41 have got to carry the ball or we will be in trouble.
man bear I think you hit the nail on the head.. 3 and 41 might just be the ticket....

bearbear78
09-14-2015, 06:02 PM
Can't be dropping passes, have to do a better job protecting the QB too. If he has some time he's gonna find the bullseye..... but the darts gotta stick.

bearbear78
09-14-2015, 06:04 PM
Plus our O Line is much better than they were against AW. It seemed as though we just gave up and you can't do that against teams like that.....they'll make you pay and that's what happened.

Wayne
09-14-2015, 07:30 PM
game one 120 3 Tds
game two 77 1 Td
7.1 yards per carry in 1st game...4.3 yards per in 2nd.. and we are a passing O

That second game was prolly the best one yet!

bearbear78
09-14-2015, 07:45 PM
If it's a blowout I think it's by the Eagles. We aren't capable of "whipping" the Eagles right now. A close hard fought game I can see us winning, if we have made some changes I hear we have made.

briandumith*
09-14-2015, 10:43 PM
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/t31.0-8/12001053_10204585180179759_6449383918461805173_o.j pg
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/11227960_10204585180339763_4841592194575674040_o.j pg
by the numbers.. Computer says Graham wins Friday.. It's not me it's the computer..

Aguilafanatico
09-14-2015, 10:49 PM
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/t31.0-8/12001053_10204585180179759_6449383918461805173_o.j pg
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/11227960_10204585180339763_4841592194575674040_o.j pg
by the numbers.. Computer says Graham wins Friday.. It's not me it's the computer..

We are screwed. Might as well start preparing for Paris.

briandumith*
09-14-2015, 10:50 PM
We are screwed. Might as well start preparing for Paris.
man don't get down on yourself...ahh....umm I will delete it ...ahh ..wa wa wa will that help...

Aguilafanatico
09-14-2015, 10:52 PM

Just curious about the operating system you are using. Is it Graham Wins 8 or Graham Wins XP?

briandumith*
09-14-2015, 10:54 PM
Just curious about the operating system you are using. Is it Graham Wins 8 or Graham Wins XP?
Ah... its Max Preps Computer Not Mine.... sorry i wont share my bookie computer stuff...FYI its about the same...
http://www.maxpreps.com/games/football-fall-15/argyle-vs-graham/9-18-2015-lVjsaHKImEORBMq9qiHA4w.htm this is the page from MaxPreps

regaleagle
09-15-2015, 04:06 AM
If there were a couple of teams this season that the predistrict schedule could really help, I believe it would be Graham and Argyle. Both teams need some time to develop their team chemistry and give some of the younger players more minutes against good teams. At the same time, I believe that both of these schools have enough talent on their rosters to go very deep come playoff time. Sometimes a loss or two early pays dividends later.....sometimes. I really don't think a loss for either team this week greatly affects the outcome of success in district play or the playoffs. Just another week where two very good football teams will meet in action and the result will not matter in the grand scheme of the season. Don't get me wrong.....a win is big here for the winning team, but I don't believe a loss will crush the season for either team.

briandumith*
09-15-2015, 11:11 AM
If there were a couple of teams this season that the predistrict schedule could really help, I believe it would be Graham and Argyle. Both teams need some time to develop their team chemistry and give some of the younger players more minutes against good teams. At the same time, I believe that both of these schools have enough talent on their rosters to go very deep come playoff time. Sometimes a loss or two early pays dividends later.....sometimes. I really don't think a loss for either team this week greatly affects the outcome of success in district play or the playoffs. Just another week where two very good football teams will meet in action and the result will not matter in the grand scheme of the season. Don't get me wrong.....a win is big here for the winning team, but I don't believe a loss will crush the season for either team.
Agree %100

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Aguilafanatico
09-16-2015, 09:46 AM
Watched the entire AW vs Graham game last night. At this point, I am going to chalk it up to a bad game by Graham. Otherwise they did not look very good. Guess we will see which team simply had a bad game on Friday and which team is just not what they expected when the season started. Possibility exists that both teams play great this week but one has to lose and I don't think the losing team comes out feeling very good about their seasoon. I think this is a huge game for both teams, at least in terms of their psyche. Coaches for the losing team will have their hands full getting the train back on the tracks. Yes it's early but losing two in a row, including the home opener to Graham, would be tough to swallow for Argyle, especially with Paris coming in. If Argyle takes care of business the next two weeks at home, the Celina game becomes what we all think it was, a bump in the road. For Graham, if they somehow win this game, I have to think it would be huge and would make the past two weeks more "stomachable". I expect they suddenly feel pretty good about themselves. If they lose 3 in a row.....

Yes it's early but I think this is a bigger game than some are making it out to be.

d0tc0m
09-16-2015, 10:01 AM
Watched the entire AW vs Graham game last night. At this point, I am going to chalk it up to a bad game by Graham. Otherwise they did not look very good. Guess we will see which team simply had a bad game on Friday and which team is just not what they expected when the season started. Possibility exists that both teams play great this week but one has to lose and I don't think the losing team comes out feeling very good about their seasoon. I think this is a huge game for both teams, at least in terms of their psyche. Coaches for the losing team will have their hands full getting the train back on the tracks. Yes it's early but losing two in a row, including the home opener to Graham, would be tough to swallow for Argyle, especially with Paris coming in. If Argyle takes care of business the next two weeks at home, the Celina game becomes what we all think it was, a bump in the road. For Graham, if they somehow win this game, I have to think it would be huge and would make the past two weeks more "stomachable". I expect they suddenly feel pretty good about themselves. If they lose 3 in a row.....

Yes it's early but I think this is a bigger game than some are making it out to be.

Yep. I agree with this. And I think it's Argyle that takes this one. I don't see the Eagles losing for a while.

Wayne
09-16-2015, 10:01 AM
This has become my favorite Rivalry game. I look forward to this game every year, because it's always a good one!

Aguilafanatico
09-16-2015, 10:53 AM
This has become my favorite Rivalry game. I look forward to this game every year, because it's always a good one!

I expect it to be a rowdy house come Friday night. Should be a great atmosphere for high school football, just as was last week at Celina. Just hopeing for a better performance by the Eagles. If practice this week is any indication, the intensity will be ramped up.

briandumith*
09-16-2015, 11:36 AM
This may be the last one for a while.. as we have been decimated by loss of student enrollment.. the oil field is to blame.. The enrollment will be way down come Jan. As much as 150+ students..there is no way we stay in D1.. heck they are saying we might even drop to 3a.. we shall see..

Aguilafanatico
09-16-2015, 01:12 PM
This may be the last one for a while.. as we have been decimated by loss of student enrollment.. the oil field is to blame.. The enrollment will be way down come Jan. As much as 150+ students..there is no way we stay in D1.. heck they are saying we might even drop to 3a.. we shall see..

Hate to see good rivalries go away. Gilmer was a great matchup every year and now that's gone, unless something is scheduled in non-district in the coming years. Celina Graham, and AW are also in that group. There is a finite number of games (mostly all non-district and playoffs) that really get the juices flowing. Fortunately, Coach Rodgers has not shied from a very tough, competitive non-district schedule, providing huge early games. There is a risk-reward in doing so. Yes the record can get blemished (see this week) but the team comes out of non-district playing much faster and executing better than otherwise.

Reuters news today "Oil surges as much as 5% as US crude stockpiles fall".

bearbear78
09-16-2015, 01:52 PM

Spot on...it's a huge game for both sides.

briandumith*
09-16-2015, 02:50 PM
Hey this may be off topic a little..but does ANYBODY have a copy of last year's semis... the chan 21 broadcast one..or know a way to get it.. a few of the players from last season would like it.. thanks in advance....

Aguilafanatico
09-16-2015, 03:11 PM
Spot on...it's a huge game for both sides.

Dang it. Bearbear and I keep agreeing this year.

ccmom
09-16-2015, 03:12 PM

Snapshot day is in October (not January), unless that has changed. Anyway, you really think y'all will lose that many? That's sad. I really do like that little town of Graham.

91 lion
09-16-2015, 03:14 PM
I can't wait for this game. I have no doubt that the coaches and players for both sides will be ready to play.

All will be settled on the field. Gotta love it!

briandumith*
09-16-2015, 03:14 PM
Snapshot day is in October (not January), unless that has changed. Anyway, you really think y'all will lose that many? That's sad. I really do like that little town of Graham.
If it was Oct then it was down over 100 according to Wichita Falls NBC news..they say Graham and Bowie have been crushed by it. We have already lost Schlumberger a major company here and our hospital is slowly closing it's doors..losing its Maternity wing just last week.. our Jr highs have been hit hardest so far....

Slick50
09-16-2015, 03:39 PM
When you can run the ball it obviously helps open up the passing game. Maybe our running game will be a little better this week, who knows. Our QB has been getting roughed up pretty good the last 2 games with all the dropbacks and running for his life. Defense looked alot better last week then they did against Bwood. We shall see, lots of work to do on the Graham side.

ccmom
09-16-2015, 03:42 PM
If it was Oct then it was down over 100 according to Wichita Falls NBC news..they say Graham and Bowie have been crushed by it. We have already lost Schlumberger a major company here and our hospital is slowly closing it's doors..losing its Maternity wing just last week.. our Jr highs have been hit hardest so far....

It's not October yet, dear. ;)

I really hate to hear that, though.

briandumith*
09-16-2015, 03:45 PM
It's not October yet, dear. ;)

I really hate to hear that, though.
they will have already decided the A status before next Oct... this year is the change out year for the next 2 years.. other wise we would not know who we would be playing come next season.. district alignment and such.. I know two years ago Graham was over by 7 students (I think).. and that's why we are d1 now.. but I am certain we will not be next year..

briandumith*
09-16-2015, 04:54 PM
https://flynnpc.smugmug.com/Sports/Other/Sports-Favorites/i-6r4dkXN/3/X3/7on7_2013-07-12_3426-X3.jpg
This moment was the true start of the rivalry... This is the non-td in the 7 on 7 State championship in 2013.. It was ruled a touchdown then quickly and correctly reversed.. Giving the win to Graham... Argyle had a bit of a fit afterwards.. but I think you can clearly see that this is a no catch. This really started the bad blood between the two programs.. that now has turned to respect for each other... BTW the picture had three D1 players in it.. Sadler (TT), Freeze (he will be back TCU), and Gonzales (Texas State)...:2thumbsup video below..

https://youtu.be/C-KzIDGv418

ccmom
09-16-2015, 06:11 PM
they will have already decided the A status before next Oct... this year is the change out year for the next 2 years.. other wise we would not know who we would be playing come next season.. district alignment and such.. I know two years ago Graham was over by 7 students (I think).. and that's why we are d1 now.. but I am certain we will not be next year..

This October's snapshot numbers are used for the realignment that will be announced in February 2016. I'm not trying to argue with you. I'm just right...trust me!! Haha! ;)

briandumith*
09-16-2015, 06:15 PM
This October's snapshot numbers are used for the realignment that will be announced in February 2016. I'm not trying to argue with you. I'm just right...trust me!! Haha! ;)
Lol of coarse I think that's what we were both referring too.. as of last month we were down 100.. by Jan it will be 150 or so.. I figure Oct will be somewhere in that.. that's what I meant...sorry...sometimes I confuse me

JacketSwarm
09-16-2015, 07:13 PM
Good

FIRE AWAY!

briandumith*
09-16-2015, 07:14 PM
Its hard to tell in the video of he catches it and holds onto the ball or not. When he caught the ball, his left foot was inbounds. But can't tell if he had control of the ball or not.
Ah... see the picture above..no catch..no control..lol I caught it before you could delete it.....funny.

JacketSwarm
09-16-2015, 07:24 PM
Ah... see the picture above..no catch..no control..lol I caught it before you could delete it.....funny.

Good, you are quick. catch. Its a catch. it could have been a no catch if you beleive it but graham probably cried to the refs like they always do and got it reversed. argyle should have been state champs.

FIRE AWAY!

briandumith*
09-16-2015, 07:27 PM
Good, you are quick. catch. Its a catch. it could have been a no catch if you beleive it but graham probably cried to the refs like they always do and got it reversed. argyle should have been state champs.

FIRE AWAY!
Lol ...ok to late to defend the delete.. but fine everyone is entitled to their own opinion have fun with that

Hollyville
09-16-2015, 07:27 PM

FIRE AWAY!

LOL! Out of control.

hollywood
09-16-2015, 07:28 PM
https://flynnpc.smugmug.com/Sports/Other/Sports-Favorites/i-6r4dkXN/3/X3/7on7_2013-07-12_3426-X3.jpg
This moment was the true start of the rivalry... This is the non-td in the 7 on 7 State championship in 2013.. It was ruled a touchdown then quickly and correctly reversed.. Giving the win to Graham... Argyle had a bit of a fit afterwards.. but I think you can clearly see that this is a no catch. This really started the bad blood between the two programs.. that now has turned to respect for each other... BTW the picture had three D1 players in it.. Sadler (TT), Freeze (he will be back TCU), and Gonzales (Texas State)...:2thumbsup video below..

https://youtu.be/C-KzIDGv418

Dang Brian! That's pretty cool! That picture tells the tale for sure!! Cool effect on the picture as well. Video didn't really show much after they all 3 collided. None the less, very cool to see all 3 of those guys in D1 programs.

briandumith*
09-16-2015, 07:31 PM
Dang Brian! That's pretty cool! That picture tells the tale for sure!! Cool effect on the picture as well. Video didn't really show much after they all 3 collided. None the less, very cool to see all 3 of those guys in D1 programs.
Yeah that was the real thing..not the non-catch but the fact that those three were in it...soooo cool..

hollywood
09-16-2015, 07:33 PM
Yeah that was the real thing..not the non-catch but the fact that those three were in it...soooo cool..

Yes! Exactly... I hope Freeze gets everything going back in the right direction. True talent. And I love watching Sadler. #WreckEm

BTW. Sadler was one helluva soccer player before he only focused on football. Dude could have gotten a D1 scholarship in soccer as well.

Aguilafanatico
09-16-2015, 08:42 PM
Yes! Exactly... I hope Freeze gets everything going back in the right direction. True talent. And I love watching Sadler. #WreckEm

BTW. Sadler was one helluva soccer player before he only focused on football. Dude could have gotten a D1 scholarship in soccer as well.

Estrada is a helluva soccer player also💪😬

briandumith*
09-16-2015, 08:49 PM
Estrada is a helluva soccer player also����
Estrada was a true bright spot in the game last week.. 204 yards very impressive.. :clap:

regaleagle
09-16-2015, 09:13 PM
Back on topic.....I don't buy that any losses in predistrict for the Argyle Eagles will greatly affect this year's results for the team. I've been supporting Argyle since inception, and have seen every season come and go. The first time we went to State in 2A we had 3 losses, but still went to the State Final. Other seasons we had the best team and lost too early in the playoffs. Now the coaching staff and expectation by the players is different. The mountain has been climbed several times. The Argyle Eagles will be a good team to be reckoned with by the powers regardless of the predistrict results and won/loss record, IMHO.

briandumith*
09-16-2015, 09:35 PM
Back on topic.....I don't buy that any losses in predistrict for the Argyle Eagles will greatly affect this year's results for the team. I've been supporting Argyle since inception, and have seen every season come and go. The first time we went to State in 2A we had 3 losses, but still went to the State Final. Other seasons we had the best team and lost too early in the playoffs. Now the coaching staff and expectation by the players is different. The mountain has been climbed several times. The Argyle Eagles will be a good team to be reckoned with by the powers regardless of the predistrict results and won/loss record, IMHO.
This is a very true statement.. even the reverse can be noted.. Graham went 10-1 in 2007 and lost in the 2nd round (to Argyle BTW).. so Pre-district wins and loses are not to important but it still will be a great game..

Tink4392
09-16-2015, 10:36 PM
This is a very true statement.. even the reverse can be noted.. Graham went 10-1 in 2007 and lost in the 2nd round (to Argyle BTW).. so Pre-district wins and loses are not to important but it still will be a great game..

Sorry to correct you Brian but we also lost to Vernon that year as well,so we ended up 9-2 with one of the best teams Graham has ever had in my opinion!

briandumith*
09-16-2015, 10:39 PM
Sorry to correct you Brian but we also lost to Vernon that year as well,so we ended up 9-2 with one of the best teams Graham has ever had in my opinion!
Tink we are both right..we went into the Argyle game 10-1.. with the regular season loss to Vernon. Then the 2nd loss was Argyle..but I see what you are saying..the final record was 10-2

Deuce
09-17-2015, 07:29 AM
Hate to say it, but this team has to many holes to beat Argyle at this point. Was hoping to see a bounce back last week after the Brownwood loss but that didn't happen. The only way we have a chance is to get a few turnovers. I still think this predistrict schedule will make us better for district and a playoff run. Time for some upper classmen to step up and lead this young team!!

Tink4392
09-17-2015, 08:35 AM
Hate to say it, but this team has to many holes to beat Argyle at this point. Was hoping to see a bounce back last week after the Brownwood loss but that didn't happen. The only way we have a chance is to get a few turnovers. I still think this predistrict schedule will make us better for district and a playoff run. Time for some upper classmen to step up and lead this young team!!
I could not agree more, this predistrict schedule has helped us see where our weaknesses are, so hopefully we can fix them before district and get back on track to our winning ways so we can make another deep run in the playoffs!

Steer81
09-17-2015, 10:43 AM
The big things I see in this game is. Can the Steers O-Line give Turner Time to do his thing? He ran for his life last week. Can the DB's contain the Argyle WR's? Giving up 212 yards a game. Can the Steers run on Argyle? Giving up 32 yards a game. These are areas that the Steers need to work on. Still 2 weeks till the real deal. 2011 the Steers were 1-5 and ran the table and won Dist. So hope no one else gets hurt and play well next two weeks and get ready for the Big Show.

regaleagle
09-17-2015, 11:11 AM
Lots of interest in this one for both fanbases to pay close attention to. Both teams still working out their kinks trying to find the right chemistry. I have no doubt about the talent on the field from both teams.....just a matter of time and games. Most teams don't have this kind of talent level or predistrict scheduling, even lots of the "undefeated" teams. It's been a gauntlet so far for both Argyle and Graham. We'll see how Brownwood fares going forward. It was said before the season they also had some talent for this season. They have problems to work out as well. All in all, looks like this will be a very competitive season in 4A D-1 with more very good teams this season than in the past several seasons. I think the parity will be there this season in 4A.

LionFan72
09-17-2015, 11:59 AM
Guys on both sides are in for a treat, classy teams coming off losing weeks, get to see their team gear up for the real season. Think both will be fine, should be a good game!! Stay classy, it is just a game (groan).

d0tc0m
09-17-2015, 12:11 PM
The big things I see in this game is. Can the Steers O-Line give Turner Time to do his thing? He ran for his life last week. Can the DB's contain the Argyle WR's? Giving up 212 yards a game. Can the Steers run on Argyle? Giving up 32 yards a game. These are areas that the Steers need to work on. Still 2 weeks till the real deal. 2011 the Steers were 1-5 and ran the table and won Dist. So hope no one else gets hurt and play well next two weeks and get ready for the Big Show.

Stopping Estrada is difficult. The kid is for real, and he's gonna get yards, even if/when Ledford doesn't have a ton of time to throw. Celina had Ledford in the backfield for a sure sack several times, and the kid just wouldn't give up, and ended up making big plays happen with Estrada.

That said, you can move the ball on Argyle. The Eagles didn't have a prayer stopping Celina. The 600 yards speaks for itself, and but for more than 100 yards in penalties and a fumbled snap when our QB had to sit a play because his helmet came off, it could've been much worse. But it all started with Celina's young offensive line getting a good push up front, as well as buying time for our QB Pingleton to make some big throws.

If the Graham o-line can get any kind of push, the Steers can move the ball this week, too. But Argyle has the kind of athletes on the offensive side of the ball that can break off a big play anytime they touch the football. I think Graham makes some strides this week, but I think the Eagles are still just too talented and too much to handle for the Steers right now.

regaleagle
09-17-2015, 01:16 PM
Stopping Estrada is difficult. The kid is for real, and he's gonna get yards, even if/when Ledford doesn't have a ton of time to throw. Celina had Ledford in the backfield for a sure sack several times, and the kid just wouldn't give up, and ended up making big plays happen with Estrada.

That said, you can move the ball on Argyle. The Eagles didn't have a prayer stopping Celina. The 600 yards speaks for itself, and but for more than 100 yards in penalties and a fumbled snap when our QB had to sit a play because his helmet came off, it could've been much worse. But it all started with Celina's young offensive line getting a good push up front, as well as buying time for our QB Pingleton to make some big throws.

If the Graham o-line can get any kind of push, the Steers can move the ball this week, too. But Argyle has the kind of athletes on the offensive side of the ball that can break off a big play anytime they touch the football. I think Graham makes some strides this week, but I think the Eagles are still just too talented and too much to handle for the Steers right now.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a few changes made regarding the Argyle D.....whether it's personnel, scheme, or a combination of the two. Still a work in progress for this team which will end up being a scoring dynamo. The misdirections by Celina and too many missed tackles(broken tackles) resulted in scores that will not occur against this defense going forward. A couple of TD's were on big plays and broken tackles that are not the norm against a good defensive team. It happened and was not the beatdown the Celina fans are so giddy about.....sorry Celina. You played well, and Argyle didn't. That's about the size of it. It's early and losses do occur early if your schedule is against elite teams.

d0tc0m
09-17-2015, 01:23 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a few changes made regarding the Argyle D.....whether it's personnel, scheme, or a combination of the two. Still a work in progress for this team which will end up being a scoring dynamo. The misdirections by Celina and too many missed tackles(broken tackles) resulted in scores that will not occur against this defense going forward. A couple of TD's were on big plays and broken tackles that are not the norm against a good defensive team. It happened and was not the beatdown the Celina fans are so giddy about.....sorry Celina. You played well, and Argyle didn't. That's about the size of it. It's early and losses do occur early if your schedule is against elite teams.

Same could be said about Argyle's offensive production against Celina. But 600 yards of total offense and plenty left on the board is nothing but a beat down, Regal, doesn't matter how you try to shape it. Argyle is good, nobody questions that. They'll be a force come December, and might even be able to best the Bobcats then - if it were even a possibility. But on this night when it counted, the Bobcats handed it to you. But you're free to marinade the loss in whatever makes it easier to swallow.

Aguilafanatico
09-17-2015, 01:41 PM
Same could be said about Argyle's offensive production against Celina. But 600 yards of total offense and plenty left on the board is nothing but a beat down, Regal, doesn't matter how you try to shape it. Argyle is good, nobody questions that. They'll be a force come December, and might even be able to best the Bobcats then - if it were even a possibility. But on this night when it counted, the Bobcats handed it to you. But you're free to marinade the loss in whatever makes it easier to swallow.

Dotcom, did you come in for this one?

slingshot
09-17-2015, 01:54 PM
Have watched both--up close. Argyle is bigger and more physical, Graham is probably quicker. If it turns into a shootout--Graham has a good chance. If it turns into a physical slugfest--Argyle takes it. I'm leaning towards a slugfest...

d0tc0m
09-17-2015, 01:57 PM
Dotcom, did you come in for this one?

Man, I wish! Looked like a great atmosphere! Lots of Red and Black in the stands, obviously, and plenty more crowding the fence. Both sides looked jazzed the whole game, too. Sadly, I had to just listen to the broadcast, and then watch the whole game on film later.

As impressive as Celina was to me, honestly, the thing that stood out to me maybe even more is how good Estrada is. Kid is so dang fast, runs super clean routes and never gives up on a play. Celina had a hard time bringing him down a lot of times - and he's not that big. He's gonna give every team Argyle faces this season fits. I expect he'll have another mega performance this week too.

I really think Argyle runs away and hides with this one on Friday. The Eagles are too talented and too well-coached to let last week have much of a negative, residual impact.

ccmom
09-17-2015, 02:27 PM

LOL...:clap:

briandumith*
09-17-2015, 05:03 PM
I know opinions vary on this subject and that is really why we are all here.. I am a numbers guy.. Numbers are the facts we base everything on.. I already made the case for our running back potentially having a great night this week... Now let me set the table a little for our D..
https://flynnpc.smugmug.com/Sports/Graham/Football/2015-04-FB-Steers-vs-Brownwood/i-b2psh4B/0/M/FB_Steers_2015-09-04_0115-M.jpg
This guy had 20 tackles in the two games last year against Argyle.. 13/7
https://flynnpc.smugmug.com/Sports/Graham/Football/2015-04-FB-Steers-vs-Brownwood/i-GCrCN3M/0/M/FB_Steers_2015-09-04_0141-M.jpg
This guy had 18... 11/7
https://flynnpc.smugmug.com/Sports/Graham/Football/2015-04-FB-Steers-vs-Brownwood/i-Ccb4sWG/0/M/FB_Steers_2015-09-04_0120-M.jpg
He had 32...18/14
These are facts.. Not opinions.. It is also a fact that they will be playing Friday.... Don't get all huffy fellas just having fun with numbers .. and they look real good I must say

regaleagle
09-17-2015, 08:35 PM
yards gained on offense due to long broken off plays on a safety blitz with nobody back is misleading at best. Congrats on the couple of plays that gave your team long yardage numbers on offense, but don't get too giddy....just sayin'. "oh, we could've scored more". Right....ya did'nt. and your pickoff middle of the 4th and TD after that on the breakaway of the safety blitz miss put you up for good. But before that, you're defense was working hard to stop the Argyle attack. This message is directed at the overwhacked Celina fans that have gone overboard on their win against Argyle. You still have much work to do on defense, and everything went your way on offense. It will not be so easy as you go forward into the playoffs. Yes.....your team should improve.....just like many good teams. Argyle salutes you on a good game plan and executing it. Beyond that, it was a 10 point difference after the interception deep into Celina territory wiith 4 mins. left and Argyle deep in your territory. Not exactly the beat down some fans claim. But that's OK if it makes you feel good. We told your team it was a good win for you, and that's that. Past that, I will want to see more in the playoffs. Your district is milktoast. I think both Graham and Argyle are very good teams that will show their colors late this season.....check it out and mark my prediction early here. Good luck to all the teams in 4A this season.....there's lots of parity, IMO.

regaleagle
09-17-2015, 08:49 PM
BTW....y'all know that I'm gracious but take Argyle losses hard, haha. Guess what? That's exactly the way the team is at Argyle, and all the teams in every sport and UIL events. It's called being the best you can be....competitive. We are not ashamed of losing.....only determined to win. GO EAGLES!!!!

briandumith*
09-17-2015, 08:49 PM
yards gained on offense due to long broken off plays on a safety blitz with nobody back is misleading at best. Congrats on the couple of plays that gave your team long yardage numbers on offense, but don't get too giddy....just sayin'. "oh, we could've scored more". Right....ya did'nt. and your pickoff middle of the 4th and TD after that on the breakaway of the safety blitz miss put you up for good. But before that, you're defense was working hard to stop the Argyle attack. This message is directed at the overwhacked Celina fans that have gone overboard on their win against Argyle. You still have much work to do on defense, and everything went your way on offense. It will not be so easy as you go forward into the playoffs. Yes.....your team should improve.....just like many good teams. Argyle salutes you on a good game plan and executing it. Beyond that, it was a 10 point difference after the interception deep into Celina territory wiith 4 mins. left and Argyle deep in your territory. Not exactly the beat down some fans claim. But that's OK if it makes you feel good. We told your team it was a good win for you, and that's that. Past that, I will want to see more in the playoffs. Your district is milktoast. I think both Graham and Argyle are very good teams that will show their colors late this season.....check it out and mark my prediction early here. Good luck to all the teams in 4A this season.....there's lots of parity, IMO.
Weren't you the one that was saying "back on topic" earlier ..why are you worried about last week so much.. sounds like you're the one that's doing all the excuse making.. jus sayn

regaleagle
09-17-2015, 08:53 PM
Just answered you question on the post above yours, but we damn near posted at the same time, Brian. You can't blame me for supporting our troops....you do the same. It's good stuff and makes all the fans better fans, imo.

briandumith*
09-17-2015, 09:14 PM
Just answered you question on the post above yours, but we damn near posted at the same time, Brian. You can't blame me for supporting our troops....you do the same. It's good stuff and makes all the fans better fans, imo.
I know just trying to have fun... been kinda stale here you know.....but I will say this "IF" yall win the game....I will only except razz from you and AUGFINAWHATEVERTHEHELLHISNAMEIS...and no one else.. you guys are at least chatting it up before the game...no being after the fact-ors and fair weather fans.. like that fun bunch from Bwood... yea! me!

Aguilafanatico
09-17-2015, 10:04 PM
I know just trying to have fun... been kinda stale here you know.....but I will say this "IF" yall win the game....I will only except razz from you and AUGFINAWHATEVERTHEHELLHISNAMEIS...and no one else.. you guys are at least chatting it up before the game...no being after the fact-ors and fair weather fans.. like that fun bunch from Bwood... yea! me!

Aguilafanatico
Aguila = Eagle
fanatico = fan

Sorry but been serving the team at the team dinner. Brisket and pulled pork. One of the dads had been smoking it since 6:30am. Dang good. Gotta love football season around here.

briandumith*
09-17-2015, 10:06 PM
Aguilafanatico
Aguila = Eagle
fanatico = fan

Sorry but been serving the team at the team dinner. Brisket and pulled pork. One of the dads had been smoking it since 6:30am. Dang good. Gotta love football season around here.
Hehe.. I like it...that pork ul slow um down...keep it coming...:):)

Aguilafanatico
09-17-2015, 10:36 PM
Hehe.. I like it...that pork ul slow um down...keep it coming...:):)

We try to keep it consistent so it's the same meal they have been served prior to the last 4 Graham - Argyle games💪.

d0tc0m
09-17-2015, 11:15 PM

LOL, Regal, I think you're the only one 'overwhacked' - whatever than even means. You can't handle the outcome and the fact that the game wasn't as close as the score shows. You didn't just 'give up big plays.' You gave up sustained drives. You gave up a handful of big third down conversions. And our running game flat had it's way with you, clearly. That Argyle defense struggled all night up front, and never could set the edge. And you act like Celina played the best game it's ever played, and Argyle it's worst. But I promise you, the Bobcats were no where near satisfied, and walked away feeling/understanding there was a lot to improve. But we still won. You still gave up 600 yards of offense and 46 points to a team most thought wouldn't pose that big of a challenge. So keep flavoring the Kool-Aid to your liking. Bobcat fans are excited about the win, as they should be, and you tried to diminish it from the start, and now you can't handle it that someone is calling you on it.

Aguilafanatico
09-17-2015, 11:41 PM
[QUOTE=d0tc0m;1871179]LOL, Regal, I think you're the only one 'overwhacked' - whatever than even means. You can't handle the outcome and the fact that the game wasn't as close as the score shows. You didn't just 'give up big plays.' You gave up sustained drives. You gave up a handful of big third down conversions. And our running game flat had it's way with you, clearly. That Argyle defense struggled all night up front, and never could set the edge. And you act like Celina played the best game it's ever played, and Argyle it's worst. But I promise you, the Bobcats were no where near satisfied, and walked away feeling/understanding there was a lot to improve. But we still won. You still gave up 600 yards of offense and 46 points to a team most thought wouldn't pose that big of a challenge. So keep flavoring the Kool-Aid to your liking. Bobcat fans are excited about the win, as they should be, and you tried to diminish it from the start, and now you can't handle it that someone is calling you on it.[/QUOTE

You coming down for the parade?

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 12:02 AM
LOL, Regal, I think you're the only one 'overwhacked' - whatever than even means. You can't handle the outcome and the fact that the game wasn't as close as the score shows. You didn't just 'give up big plays.' You gave up sustained drives. You gave up a handful of big third down conversions. And our running game flat had it's way with you, clearly. That Argyle defense struggled all night up front, and never could set the edge. And you act like Celina played the best game it's ever played, and Argyle it's worst. But I promise you, the Bobcats were no where near satisfied, and walked away feeling/understanding there was a lot to improve. But we still won. You still gave up 600 yards of offense and 46 points to a team most thought wouldn't pose that big of a challenge. So keep flavoring the Kool-Aid to your liking. Bobcat fans are excited about the win, as they should be, and you tried to diminish it from the start, and now you can't handle it that someone is calling you on it.

I already admitted that in the post below this one, dotcom....haha. Yeah, we hate losing over in Argyle, and hate it when we get our shorts handed to us, too. But heckfire, we ain't gonna sit idlly by and take it. Winners don't like eating beans when they're used to eating steak. I seriously doubt them boys will be eating beans much the rest of the way. I don't think this bunch has ever even had to before. And once they've tasted the difference now, it will be steak from here on out, imo.

gully81
09-18-2015, 12:38 AM
Argyle by 21+

Wayne
09-18-2015, 06:48 AM
Game day! Just like every Friday, I am ready for this game to get started. Good luck to both teams tonight. I hope everyone coming up from Graham has safe travels. Let's go Eagles!

RPF2666
09-18-2015, 08:15 AM
I admittedly have not seen Graham... But...

If Graham can't run the ball, I believe Argyle will handle them fairly easily.

Good luck to both tonight... stay healthy heading into District...

Eagle Nation
09-18-2015, 08:38 AM
Game day! Just like every Friday, I am ready for this game to get started. Good luck to both teams tonight. I hope everyone coming up from Graham has safe travels. Let's go Eagles!

:thumbsup:

d0tc0m
09-18-2015, 09:41 AM
I already admitted that in the post below this one, dotcom....haha. Yeah, we hate losing over in Argyle, and hate it when we get our shorts handed to us, too. But heckfire, we ain't gonna sit idlly by and take it. Winners don't like eating beans when they're used to eating steak. I seriously doubt them boys will be eating beans much the rest of the way. I don't think this bunch has ever even had to before. And once they've tasted the difference now, it will be steak from here on out, imo.

Celina fans know the feeling haha! There's nothing wrong with being competitive and hating to lose! Still pulling for Argyle in this one tonight, and still like their chances.

d0tc0m
09-18-2015, 09:46 AM
You coming down for the parade?

Unfortunately, won't be able to make it to this one either. I'll be listening to the broadcast, and I'll watch the whole game later. But I cover sports up here in the Springfield area, so my Friday nights are spoken for until October. Football ends early here. The state games are always held the weekend of Thanksgiving. No teams in my coverage area will go that far - barring a miracle - so I'll be done with football by mid October. Then I'll probably come down for a few games. I've gotta introduce my 2 month old son to Celina football at some point.

BwdLions
09-18-2015, 10:11 AM

FIRE AWAY!

Hey sport, your dribble gets old.

Oh, FIRE AWAY!

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 10:26 AM
TGIF Everybody!!! Nowhere else but Texas!!! Gameday started here, still lives here!!! Best High School Football in the country!!! :2thumbsup:taunt::smoker:

ccmom
09-18-2015, 10:29 AM
TGIF Everybody!!! Nowhere else but Texas!!! Gameday started here, still lives here!!! Best High School Football in the country!!! :2thumbsup:taunt::smoker:
Are you going to the game, regal? I'd like to see this one.

hollywood
09-18-2015, 12:21 PM
Hey sport, your dribble gets old.

Oh, FIRE AWAY!

Nevermind that dude or dudette. They seem to be the village idiot. We all have them. Lol

briandumith*
09-18-2015, 12:37 PM
Nevermind that dude or dudette. They seem to be the village idiot. We all have them. Lol
Amen...we all do..hehe

toddg
09-18-2015, 12:37 PM

theres a lions88 in every town....

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 01:09 PM
Are you going to the game, regal? I'd like to see this one.

No can do today, ccmom. I've got apptmts. here in San Antonio and it's a 4.5 hr. drive one way. I was going to try to make it, but things just didn't work out. We're very busy right now with the business. Gotta get it when its good, ya know. I'll listen to it and do my play-by-play on here for everybody to review tomorrow. Y'all enjoy your Friday Night Lights, though. I'll make a few later in the season. Not really anybody here around SA I'd like to go watch.

Aguilafanatico
09-18-2015, 01:12 PM
No can do today, ccmom. I've got apptmts. here in San Antonio and it's a 4.5 hr. drive one way. I was going to try to make it, but things just didn't work out. We're very busy right now with the business. Gotta get it when its good, ya know. I'll listen to it and do my play-by-play on here for everybody to review tomorrow. Y'all enjoy your Friday Night Lights, though. I'll make a few later in the season. Not really anybody here around SA I'd like to go watch.

I don't know Regal. Seems like there is a referee - player cage match every week down there.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 01:14 PM
I don't know Regal. Seems like there is a referee - player cage match every week down there.

HaHa.....really? I'll have to look that up and see what's going on then. Sounds like a fun time, haha. Actually, SA Jaybirds are not the team you wanna go watch, anyways. Kerrville Tivy is not too far up the road, and I think they are pretty good this season. As is Boerne Champion and SA Brennan. But none are 4A. But I might get hard-up and hafta find a good game somewhere closeby.

Eagle Nation
09-18-2015, 03:54 PM
Graham fans travel safe on the way here. Parking will be tight and the only place to eat will be Fuzzy's Taco.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 07:30 PM
Here we go for the kickoff at Argye's home opener. I'm watching the Rangers vs Mariners while I listen to the Argyle Broadcast team and type. Argyle won the toss and deferred to the 2nd half, so Graham will be receiving the kick. Estrada kicks it deep for a touchback.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 07:31 PM
Graham starts at their own 25 and only a yard or half yard on that run on first.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 07:33 PM
Third and 3 as Escalon picks up almost 7. Escalon is hit hard behind the line for a loss as Matt Wagner blew threw for the tackle. Graham is forced to punt. McCook picks it up and takes it to the 44, but a flag on the play.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 07:34 PM
Personal foul on Graham puts it on the Graham 41. Run by Sweatt for 7 yds. Now Ledford finds Scott Smith for a pass down to the 15 for a first down.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 07:35 PM
Bubble screen to Estrada down to the 11 now. 2nd and 6, Ledford looks to throw and then tucks it and runs down to the 4 for another first down.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 07:36 PM
Sweatt up the middle to the 3, but stopped by Cottongame. 2nd and goal from the 3 now.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 07:37 PM
Drew Estrada on the Jetsweep as he cuts inside and scores untouched. The kick by Holt is good.

Argyle 7
Graham 0

8:40 1st qtr.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 07:40 PM
'Estrada kicks off another touchback now and Graham will start with their 2nd possession. Landry Turner throws a screen to Mills for about 4 yds. there. 2nd and 6. Landry Turner on a qb draw is hit hard at the LOS for a loss. 3rd and 7 now.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 07:42 PM
Turner back to pass and is sacked by Shane McKinney. Cottongame will punt for Graham now from deep in their own end. The punt goes to Estrada and he runs it back to the Graham 31 yd. line.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 07:43 PM
Sweatt takes the handoff and runs behind the block of JC Chalk for 3 yds.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 07:44 PM
Cottongame hammers Sweatt now at the LOS for no gain. 3rd and 7 after that hard hit by Cottongame. Ledford throws to Scott Smith again down to the 18 yd line for a first down.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 07:45 PM
Throw to Chalk almost intercepted by two different Steers, Martin and another Dback.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 07:46 PM
Bonner Cottongame makes another tackle to save a big gain that time as Chalk took the carry outside. Now Ledford hits Chalk and he carries it down to the 5 for a first down.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 07:48 PM
Now Gage McCook gets the handoff, gets hit, spins, gets hit again, spins again and scores a touchdown for Argyle. The kick is good again.

Argyle 14
Graham 7

5 mins. left in 1st

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 07:49 PM
Caleb Holt will kick off this time, and it goes end over end into the endzone for another touchback. Graham will begin again on their 25.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 07:50 PM
QB draw for Landry Turner on first down good for 11 yds as he found a hole. 1st and 10 for Graham. Now the Steers run the option and David Bearden makes the tackle behind the line for a 2 yd loss. 2nd and 12 now on a high snap. Landry handles it and throws it away. 3rd and 12 now for Graham.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 07:54 PM
Turner threw for about 9 to Escalon, but its short. 4th and 3 for Graham. Escalon was wide open but the Eagles closed the distance. Now a fake punt as Cottongame and Hudson Speed collide at the LOS. Cottongame has a head of speed and just bowls over Speed and keeps running all the way down to the Argyle 35 on that fake punt and run call. It was a huge collision at the LOS with Cottongame keeping his balance and with a big gain and first down.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 07:57 PM
Now the handoff goes to Nick Martin for a one yard loss. 2nd and 11. Turner looks long and there is a wide open receiver in the endzone with an Argyle mixup in the backfield. The receiver dropped the ball. 4th and 3 now. Nick Martin takes the ball and is stopped just short by about 4 inches as Graham gives it up on downs back to Argyle. That dropped pass they will talk about after the game.....a sure TD.

Eagle Nation
09-18-2015, 07:57 PM
From my side, that looked like a bad spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 07:58 PM
Graham buckling down on defense now. 3rd and 9 deep in their own end for Argyle now as the 1st quarter ends.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 07:59 PM
Ledford back to pass and finds JC Chalk for 14 yds and a first down for Argyle .

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 08:03 PM
Nick Martin hobbles off the field after an injury timeout. Now Ledford is chased by Cottongame and throws it away. Ledford finds Estrada for 7 yds now. 3rd and 3 for the Eagles now. Handoff to Taylor Sweatt as he hits the hole hard, but there is no hole. He picked up one yard. 4th and 2. Argyle will punt. Delay of game for Argyle.
's

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 08:05 PM
no fake punt now with penalty. Guess what? Estrada takes off on a fake punt and runs it down to the Graham 24 yd line as he outran the defense. He had the first down before anybody from Graham new he was running.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 08:05 PM
Now Ledford hits Scott Smith again wide open down to the 14 for a first down. Nick Martin back on the field for Graham now.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 08:06 PM
2nd and 9 as Cottongame make the stop.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 08:07 PM
Fade into the corner of the endzone as Ledford drops it high and right in there as Estrada runs right under it for a perfect execution of that play. Kick is good and a little skirmish after the kick.

Argyle 21
Graham 0

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 08:08 PM
Now Gage McCook gets the handoff, gets hit, spins, gets hit again, spins again and scores a touchdown for Argyle. The kick is good again.

Argyle 14
Graham 7

5 mins. left in 1st

Sorry.....this earlier post was a typo.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 08:12 PM
Graham runs the kick back to their 36. Now the offense is flagged with a delay of game. 1st and 15. Pass to Escalon for a couple of yds. 2nd and 13 now. Landry throws it in the middle as Dillon Sadler is there for the break up. 3rd and 12 now. Turner throwing deep to Cody Perry on the near side but it's a pass interference on Argyle for a first down. Hubert was on the coverage, but the pass was underthrown and the receiver came back for the ball and early contact was made.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 08:14 PM
Graham 3rd and 2 now. Cottongame gets the ball straight up the middle for 3 and a first down. He runs upright like Eric Dickerson, but he has lots of power.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 08:15 PM
Now Escalon takes the handoff from the Argyle 41 for about one yard. 2nd and 9 from the Argyle 40. Landry Turner is under deep pressure and eludes the rush as he picks up some blocks for a big gain down to the Argyle 23 yd line for a first down.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 08:16 PM
Turner to Escalon down to the Argyle 11 for another Steers first down.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 08:16 PM
Turner keeps it for 5 on the zone read.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 08:18 PM
Cottongame down to the 3 now. 3rd and 2 for a first down or 3 yds for a touchdown. Graham timeout here.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 08:19 PM
I fully expect to see Cottongame in the backfield. Escalon is hit in the backfield by Bearden back to the 5 yd line for a 2 yd loss.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 08:21 PM
4th and 4 from the 5 and Cottongame comes out of the backfield for the pass and completion. Nobody was near Cottongame on that roll out. Extra point by Hernandez is good.

Argyle 21
Graham 7

2:27 left in 2nd

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 08:22 PM
Landry Turner 5 yd TD pass to Bonner Cottongame on that score. Graham kicks off now a popup to McCook at the 25 on a dead run and takes it to the Argyle 40.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 08:24 PM
Ledford has JC Chalk wide open as he hits Chalk for a strike and JC Chalk pulls away from the safety for a 60 yd pass and run scoring drive in one play.

Argyle 28
Graham 7

Still over 2 mins. left in 2nd

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 08:26 PM
Holt kicks off a line drive to Cody Perry at the 9 yd line. He runs it back to the 26, but a flag on the play. A facemask against Argyle on the tackle. Graham will now start on their own 41.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 08:27 PM
A throwback trickery play and Pierce Davies sniffs it out and drops him for a big loss.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 08:29 PM
Turner picks up 14 and that pass flush as he scrambles. 3rd and 4 now. Pass down the middle deep for a perfect pass to Wes Martin as he runs it down to the 10. Great pass there and good catch and ramble after the catch.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 08:29 PM
Landry Turner on the fade to Wilson in the endzone was overthown.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 08:30 PM
Argyle calls a timeout. Close to half as Graham is knocking on the door with 51 secs before the half.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 08:31 PM
A little run and gun here right before the half by both teams.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 08:32 PM
3rd and goal from the 5 as Turner keeps it and fumbles inside the one, but they call it down. 4th and less than one with only 3 secs left in the half and timeout by Graham.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 08:34 PM
Graham will either score on this last play of the half or Argyle will make a great stand. Cottongame will probably get the handoff. Escalon gets the handoff off left tackle for an easy score. Graham gets the kick thru.

Argyle 28
Graham 14

halftime

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 08:37 PM
Argyle dominating the LOS but still having trouble with some of the defensive alignment and lack of experience in the secondary. Graham scored 2 TD's fairly quicky in the 2nd quarter and is now only 14 points down. Argyle looked to be dominating the game, but the score does not really reflect that. Landry Turner can lead Graham to scoring drives very quickly.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 08:55 PM
Argyle will receive the 2nd half kickoff as they deferred on the coin toss.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:07 PM
Escalon's kick to the 30 yd line as Estrada takes it out to the Argyle 38 to start the 2nd half. Argyle first and 10 to start here as Ledford options a pitch to Taylor Sweatt and he hits the hole and goes untouched to the endzone for a 62 yd TD run on the first play from scrimmage to start this 2nd half. JC Chalk blocked Bonner Cottongame and Sweatt was off to the races. Kick is good.

Argyle 35
Graham 14.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:08 PM
Kickoff is muffed by Perry, but he picks it up and runs it out to the Graham 30. Colton Liggett made a big hit on that tackle for Argyle.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:09 PM
Pass incomplete to Mills as it hit the ground first. 2nd and 10 from the Steers 29. Turner keeps it on the option for 8 yds before Hudson Speed catches him from behind.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:10 PM
3rd and 2 as Escalon is hit at LOS and is hit hard and loses a yard or two on that one. 4th down for Graham. Turner takes the ball and runs it. He needed 3 yds but is short. Argyle will take over on the Graham 38..

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:12 PM
McCook takes the handoff for 11 down the sideline, but a flag for block in the back. The ball will come back from the spot of the foul, so it goes back to the 38 after the penalty.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:12 PM
2nd and 7 fake to Sweatt and a flip pass incomplete. Ledford just let it go too quickly with plenty of time.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:14 PM
Fake handoff and bubble screen to Gage McCook and nobody is there as McCook takes it all the way down the sideline for another Eagles score. Extra point good

Argyle 42
Graham 14

9:43 left in 3rd

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:16 PM
Kickoff bounces at the 22 and Escalon takes it 18 yds to the 40 yd line. 1st down Graham now.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:17 PM
Turner Landry will be sacked by Jacob Forrer and John Philips for Argyle. 2nd and 14 now. Escalon gets zero yds as he is hit hard by Pierce Davies. 3rd and 15 now for Graham.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:19 PM
They bring the rush and Turner is sacked back at the 15 yd line as he is hit hard by Hudson Speed and Shane McKinney. 4th down and about 35 for Graham deep in their own end.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:20 PM
Cottongame's punt is fielded by McCook and taken back to the Argyle 43 yd line. 1st and 10 Argyle

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:21 PM
Taylor Sweatt finds 3 yds in the middle. Cottongame on the tackle. Ledford rolls to his right and hits McCook but drops it. He turned his head and had one guy to beat.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:22 PM
Quick bubble screen to Casey Harper and cuts back to midfield for about 3 yds. 4th down and Estrada will punt. Low line drive and fields it at the 5 and gets hammered at the 4 yd line by Scotty Dunham. Scotty is the deep snapper for Argyle.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:24 PM
Turner to Escalon for 4 yds to the 14 now. 2nd and 6. Inside pitch to Brockway and is tripped up by Sadler for one yard. 3rd and 5 now for the Steers.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:25 PM
Bubble screen and nice block as he just gets the first down with a big hit by Liggett. Escalon gets the handoff for 4 yds to the 20 now.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:26 PM
2nd and 5 with good blocking up front for a 6 yd gain and a first down. 27yd line and one yard for Escalon. 2nd and 9 now.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:27 PM
Looks like Turner will not be carrying the ball as much here to keep him healthy for district play. Escalon for another run. 3rd and 5 .

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:28 PM
Nice bubble screen for about 15 yds as he almost broke that one and had open field. Graham is working the ball downfield here.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:28 PM
Turner Landry hits Brockway on a pass as he takes it down to the 3 yd line. Nice pass and run for the Steers there.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:29 PM
Handoff to Escalon as he runs left but is stacked up at the 5 for a yard loss.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:30 PM
Wow.....delay of game by Graham on the 5 yd line. Maybe its the end of the 3rd quarter. That's what happened.

Argyle 42
Graham 14

End of 3rd

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:33 PM
They did call delay of game and will extend the 3rd quarter with one second left. 2nd and goal from the 9 yd line. Turner throws it up and it is knocked away at the last second by Dillon Sadler or it would have been a TD. Now that's the end of the 3rd quarter. It will be 4th and 9 from the 9 for Graham to start the 4th.

Eagle Nation
09-18-2015, 09:34 PM
Hopefully, Turner is ok.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:35 PM
3rd and goal now, not 4th and goal. Turner takes off running and Colton Liggett hits him hard at the 2 and Landry is hurt. Injury time out here. It will be 4th down at the 2 yd line, but Turner is down.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:36 PM
Turner is tough and has been taking his licks tonite, but he can't keep getting hit hard like this for the Steers. They are still attending to Landry Turner on the far sideline where the play ended.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:38 PM
Turner makes his way off the field as Jackson Brockway takes the snap and gets it into the endzone for a Steers TD. Hernandez extra point is good.

Argyle 42
Graham 21

11:42 left in the 4th

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:40 PM
Graham will kickoff here to Argyle now. They really need to try an onside kick here to have a chance. And they do, but Argyle finally gets a handle on it as Colton Liggett recovers it for the Eagles at midfield.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:42 PM
False start on Argyle here. 1st and 15 now for the Eagles. Ledford takes the snap from their own 37. Taylor Sweatt takes the handoff and runs right into Bonner Cottngame at the LOS. Ledford goes deep on the right side as Weston Womack interfers with Estrada on the catch. 1st down Argyle.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:44 PM
Now the bubble screen to Chalk is a little too tall for Chalk. 2nd and 10 from the Graham 48. Ledford rolls and tries to cut it back behind Cottongame, but slips and falls for a loss. 3rd and 17 as the pass is complete, but out of bounds for JC Chalk. Argyle will punt and need to play some Defense.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:45 PM
Estrada kicks it all the way into the endzone in the air.....70 yds from where he hit it, but officially 55 yds from LOS.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:46 PM
Estrada is a soccer star in the Metroplex. Brockway back in there at qb and keeps it for a yard around the end. Speed on the tackle. 3rd and 6 now.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:49 PM
Ball loose as it goes thru Brockway's legs and ends up in the endzone. There's a scrum for the ball and Brockway comes up with it for a safety for Graham. Bad snap by the Steers center there. Now Graham will have to kick off to Argyle on a free kick from the Steers. Graham will punt it. McCook takes it at the Argyle 40 and runs it back to the Graham 38 yd line.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:51 PM
Here comes the wholesale change out for the Argyle line and Pelton takes the handoff to for 4 yds. Lambert, Tarwater, and Kel Nanny are the receivers now. 2nd and 6 from the 34. Now Pelton takes it for 10 yds for a firstdown.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:51 PM
At the Graham 24 yd line, Ledford to Pelton for 3 yds.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:52 PM
Ledford to Pelton as he cuts it back down to the Graham 13 for another Eagles firstdown.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:53 PM
Pelton again off right tackle for another pickup of about 3.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:54 PM
2nd and 7 for Argyle. Hands off to Pelton again and he cuts back right into Preston Langley for one yard only.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:55 PM
Langley on the stop again as he brings down Pelton for a one yard loss. Caleb Holt was going to try a field goal but the snap was high as Argyle is called for motion.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:56 PM
Now Holts' 35 yd field goal is good.

Argyle 47
Graham 21

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:58 PM
Bell kicks it end over end at the 6 yd line as Brockway gets down the sideline as Liggett makes the TD saving tackle or he's got open field, but Argyle is offsides.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 09:59 PM
Gang tackling at the 48 yd line for a yd loss for Delauren of Graham.

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 10:00 PM
Brockway keeps it for 3 yds as he was trying to option it but nobody was there to give it to.

briandumith*
09-18-2015, 10:00 PM
Great win you guys.. il have my crow raw with the feathers still on. lol.. Anyway thanks for keeping it classy.. not good luck..but great luck for yall.. god bless..

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 10:01 PM
3 and 8 as Delauren picks up 5 yds. 4th down and that's the final play of the ballgame. This game is over.

Argyle 47
Graham 21

Final

regaleagle
09-18-2015, 10:03 PM
Okay, I did my duty and now it's time for me to eat. I have some Mexican casserole in the oven I put in at halftime. I'll make a salad and have a nice meal now.

Tink4392
09-18-2015, 10:03 PM
3 and 8 as Delauren picks up 5 yds. 4th down and that's the final play of the ballgame. This game is over.

Argyle 47
Graham 21

Final
Thanks for the play by play updates! Great win by Argyle and good luck on the rest of the season!

bobcat1
09-18-2015, 10:04 PM
Okay, I did my duty and now it's time for me to eat. I have some Mexican casserole in the oven I put in at halftime. I'll make a salad and have a nice meal now. Bastage. You could have sent out invites! Congrats on the win Argyle.

Eagle Nation
09-18-2015, 10:09 PM
Have a safe trip back Graham fans. Good luck on the rest of the season.

Wayne
09-18-2015, 11:39 PM
Any word on how Landry is doing? Will definitely keep him in my prayers. Very talented young man, I hope it's nothing serious. And my next question. Why is #5 not starting at RB? He is a freaking game changer.... I can see why you Graham Fans are frustrated. I was happy to see Argyle clean up some things. Still got some work to do, but by the time district is over they will be firing on all cylinders. Graham, keep your heads up. It's not over yet. Besides that, we still have our yearly meeting in the semis. Don't give up. See you at the SEMI Finals

Aguilafanatico
09-19-2015, 11:04 AM
Total team win for Argyle. Can't think of any real standouts which is the way it should be with a talented team. Intensity was light years better than last week. Proud of the way they responded.

Slick50
09-22-2015, 09:53 AM
Here is some pics of the game some fans may be interested in. A guy named David Flynn takes them at every game and does great work.

https://flynnpc.smugmug.com/Sports/Graham/Football/2015-06-FB-Steers-vs-Argyle/

Wayne
09-22-2015, 03:46 PM
Cool Pics! Thanks for posting. I wish there was a pic of both teams praying together in the middle of the field after the game.

briandumith*
09-22-2015, 03:51 PM
Cool Pics! Thanks for posting. I wish there was a pic of both teams praying together in the middle of the field after the game.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/22/0d8496f52ea82b7a6469527aafe42dcc.jpg all you got to do is ask...we do this after every game..:D