PDA

View Full Version : Sealy (1-2) at Bellville (1-2)

Scoop27
09-13-2015, 10:15 PM
What do they call this Austin County rivalry?

Pudlugger
09-14-2015, 06:17 AM
Both teams are coming into this game with narrow loses to ranked opponents. Which team gets back on track first wins. My money is on Bellville mainly due to HFA. Brahmas by 7.

OLE'BULL
09-14-2015, 08:06 AM
What do they call this Austin County rivalry?

I guess there are a couple different variations: The Mill Creek Shootout, The Mill Creek Rivalry, The Battle of Mill Creek, etc. I am sure I am missing some. My personal favorite is the first one listed. We also don't like saying "Sealy" around town when referring to the football team so you will hear things like "that team on the wrong side of the creek, that team South of here, that team across the twin bridges, etc.". It is a very heated rivalry. I will be interested to see how well we contain their stud RB Christian Wallace. We are banged up and without a couple others but Rowe always finds a way to get things turned around. The team never needs any motivation during Sealy week so a good week of practice should give us a good chance. It will be a great one this Friday at The Pasture of Pain. My prediction will come later in the week once I can get some things confirmed but will definitely say the Brahmas will get the W!!!

duckhunter
09-14-2015, 03:00 PM
S&H Liquor Store Game of the Week!!!:2thumbsup

OLE'BULL
09-14-2015, 03:15 PM
S&H Liquor Store Game of the Week!!!:2thumbsup

Hahaha, well done duckhunter!

OLE'BULL
09-16-2015, 06:54 AM
It appears Sealy is having the same troubles as the Brahmas with depth? I saw that they were down to their 3rd string RB by the end of the Wharton game. What happened to Christian Wallace?

PurplePop
09-16-2015, 07:41 AM
Bellville has a very deceiving 1-2. They've played tough teams and had two close losses. Very good team IMO.

The Bull #40
09-16-2015, 04:44 PM
I'm pretty surprised to see how short this thread is?!! A couple of years ago and the Bellvile vs Sealy thread would've been 5+ pages by Wednesday... Can any Sealy posters give us an update on the team's injuries? I know we're missing a few big players for this game but obviously the fewer playmakers out, the more fun the rivalry is for everyone!

speedbump
09-16-2015, 07:01 PM
Bellville has a very deceiving 1-2. They've played tough teams and had two close losses. Very good team IMO.

The Stafford loss was 40 - 15.

maestro
09-18-2015, 06:35 AM
A great rivalry between two communities that love their football. I hate to read that both teams are suffering through injuries and players lost for games.

MJMbrahmas10
09-18-2015, 11:25 PM
28-14. Bellville. A lot of brahmas stepped up tonight. Great game and class showed by both teams. It met expectations for a rivalry game.

OLE'BULL
09-19-2015, 08:43 AM
Good recap MJM. That win makes me feel much better about the Brahmas. I knew this week would really expose what kind of team we were going to be for better or worse. Christian Wallace is a stud but besides the long run for a TD on their first drive, we couldn't have done much better containing him. Brisco played his butt off on both sides of the ball and I think Higginbotham is finally getting healthy. He ran the ball great after being semi-injured since the scrimmage. I look for him to only get better and stronger runner as the season progresses. I believe Rowe challenged our team and told them to go out and prove we don't need Graves/Scyrus/etc. They were a cancer and the coaches were probably able to really focus on everyone during practice instead of babysitting trouble makers. We should be able to relax some (but not overlook) these next two or three weeks with Bay City, Gonzales, and Brookshire coming up. We had a tough past three weeks so hopefully we can heal up and stay that way before taking on Wharton. I noticed Streider got injured, looked like a hip/groin/leg type of injury so hopefully nothing serious. I think Marcus Ward did a great job this season moving up from the JV and filling in for our first and second team QBs but it was nice to see Maeker back. I don't believe the QB position is set yet so don't be surprised if Ward ends up back under center. Great win and great TEAM effort!!! Proud to be a Brahma today on the right side of the creek!!!

BB BULLS
09-19-2015, 09:54 AM
Good recap MJM. That win makes me feel much better about the Brahmas. I knew this week would really expose what kind of team we were going to be for better or worse. Christian Wallace is a stud but besides the long run for a TD on their first drive, we couldn't have done much better containing him. Brisco played his butt off on both sides of the ball and I think Higginbotham is finally getting healthy. He ran the ball great after being semi-injured since the scrimmage. I look for him to only get better and stronger runner as the season progresses. I believe Rowe challenged our team and told them to go out and prove we don't need Graves/Scyrus/etc. They were a cancer and the coaches were probably able to really focus on everyone during practice instead of babysitting trouble makers. We should be able to relax some (but not overlook) these next two or three weeks with Bay City, Gonzales, and Brookshire coming up. We had a tough past three weeks so hopefully we can heal up and stay that way before taking on Wharton. I noticed Streider got injured, looked like a hip/groin/leg type of injury so hopefully nothing serious. I think Marcus Ward did a great job this season moving up from the JV and filling in for our first and second team QBs but it was nice to see Maeker back. I don't believe the QB position is set yet so don't be surprised if Ward ends up back under center. Great win and great TEAM effort!!! Proud to be a Brahma today on the right side of the creek!!!

could not have said it any better great job guys keep up the good work and stay healthy. Great job by the coaches keeping the team focused after the things that went on the last couple weeks. Ole'Bull our side is the only side haha