PDA

View Full Version : Rockport-Fulton vs Ingleside

RkptFltn
09-13-2015, 04:28 PM
Rockport had a clean shutout last week. But the last couple games between these two teams have been dogfights.

Im taking the Pirates 35-0

SintonFan_inAustin
09-13-2015, 04:47 PM
Ingleside offense coming around some but most likely finding it hard this week to get things going against RF D

Looking forward to the following week for RF against Orange Grove.

RF should challenge La Vernia for district title this season.

Leopardfan201
09-13-2015, 04:49 PM
I doubt that La Vernia is dam good with lotz of speed and size

RkptFltn
09-13-2015, 04:58 PM
RF vs LV should be a good game

Leopardfan201
09-13-2015, 05:02 PM
Should be but I would still pick LV by 20+ points

MUSTANG69
09-13-2015, 08:08 PM
R-F by 40. Mustangs just can't hang in there with a team like this.

LV_Bearfan
09-14-2015, 12:17 AM
I doubt that La Vernia is dam good with lotz of speed and size

If LV starts playing both halves, look out. Turnovers and second half collapses by new O killing them. AND THEY'VE LOST THE BALL ON 3 KICKOFFS. Once they get it going, look out. Most talent I've seen IN LV, but FRUSTRATING RIGHT NOW......

Leopardfan201
09-14-2015, 01:05 AM
LG outplayed LV all game the score should of been worse...LG lived up too thr #5 ranking

Pudlugger
09-14-2015, 06:23 AM
LG outplayed LV all game the score should of been worse...LG lived up too thr #5 ranking

LG defense was most impressive against LV. That being said the Leps offense got it going in the second half and pulled away.

RF looks to be a very strong team and should beat the Mustangs handily but it is a rivalry game so anything can happen.
As for LV v RF we'll have to wait and see.

RF by 21.

LV_Bearfan
09-14-2015, 09:18 AM
LG defense was most impressive against LV. That being said the Leps offense got it going in the second half and pulled away.

RF looks to be a very strong team and should beat the Mustangs handily but it is a rivalry game so anything can happen.
As for LV v RF we'll have to wait and see.

RF by 21.

I agree that LG showed why they are highly ranked. The D played very well in the second half for sure.
JK is just fun to watch. Sweep left and Wild-cat to the left are almost unfair.
Two good lead blocks, and teams are left with one guy one-on-one with Dobbins.
That's money in the bank.
I am impressed as much by his power as I am by his speed.
He is one of the best high school backs I've ever watched.

I agree with Leopardfan though, LV has some tools to work with. The pieces just haven't come together.
They might, or they might not. There are some athletes with great speed that are still learning how to be football players at their positions.
LG is a great team because, in addition to Dobbins, they play a clean, generally well executed game.
This has been LV's mo for years also, and LG has done it better in the two recent meetings.
This year, LV has yet to find a groove offensively. There are flashes, but consistency for four quarters is lacking.

LV_Bearfan
09-14-2015, 09:20 AM
I'll stop hi-jacking the thread and take RF by 17 in this one.
I agree that they'll be a real challenger to win the district this year.

99IHSMustang
09-14-2015, 10:20 AM
R-F by 40. Mustangs just can't hang in there with a team like this.

Every game they have gotten closer and closer to winning, but a loss is a loss. I hate to agree, but it is going to look like they took a huge step back after Friday. RF looks like they have themselves a great team this year. Could be a special year for them.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-14-2015, 12:12 PM
Pigskin prep's 4A Div II week 4 picks

Ingleside at Rockport-Fulton (29)

SintonFan_inAustin
09-14-2015, 12:15 PM
LG outplayed LV all game the score should of been worse...LG lived up too thr #5 rankinglol every game you say that it should of been worse, it could of or should of but just be happy it was a win and no serious injuries as these are just non district games. LG right on target to another great season no style points needed.

MUSTANG69
09-14-2015, 12:16 PM
Pigskin prep's 4A Div II week 4 picks

Ingleside at Rockport-Fulton (29)

They give us more credit than I do.:thinking:

SintonFan_inAustin
09-14-2015, 12:21 PM
They give us more credit than I do.:thinking:
I think offensively it's getting better, might be tougher this week but Mustangs shouldn't get shut out maybe scored a couple. Mustangs just need to get going by the time they face Jourdanton and if they win that one then any other upset in district is a plus. Good thing about this new district is there is plenty of time for the young and experience to get some games under their belt before district so should be more ready by then.

MUSTANG69
09-14-2015, 12:29 PM
I think offensively it's getting better, might be tougher this week but Mustangs shouldn't get shut out maybe scored a couple. Mustangs just need to get going by the time they face Jourdanton and if they win that one then any other upset in district is a plus. Good thing about this new district is there is plenty of time for the young and experience to get some games under their belt before district so should be more ready by then.

If the Mustangs don't develop some type of passing game it is going to be tough to beat anybody.

LV_Bearfan
09-14-2015, 03:25 PM
lol every game you say that it should of been worse, it could of or should of but just be happy it was a win and no serious injuries as these are just non district games. LG right on target to another great season no style points needed.

Yep. It could have been worse, but it also could have been closer, so better just be happy with the nice win. Things happen in the course of a game that are just part of the game. LV had a bunch more turnovers than LG, so I don't see where you think it should have been worse. No one watching objectively would say LG outplayed LV in the first half. LG picked off a pass in the end zone or the game would have been tied, and LV was probably ahead on the stat sheet. The second half was a different story. LG has a good team. Yes, they could have punched it in one more time at the end after another back breaking turnover on a kickoff. They didn't, but give your opponent some credit when it is due.

pancho villa
09-15-2015, 08:08 AM
The Mustangs can't pass cause they learned from the women there, who can't PASS a BEER JOINT!!!!

pirate4state
09-15-2015, 12:16 PM
R-F by as much as they want!

99IHSMustang
09-18-2015, 08:27 AM
Game Day! Good luck tonight Mustangs!

RkptFltn
09-19-2015, 10:27 AM
Rockport took care of business 47-0. Ingleside looks really weak right now, lots of coaching mistakes. i think Ingleside had 5 plays where they only had 10 guys on the field.

Rockport once again had a healthy portion of penalties, that will cost us when it counts. Should be a good test next week against OG

SintonFan_inAustin
09-19-2015, 10:33 AM
Rockport took care of business 47-0. Ingleside looks really weak right now, lots of coaching mistakes. i think Ingleside had 5 plays where they only had 10 guys on the field.

Rockport once again had a healthy portion of penalties, that will cost us when it counts. Should be a good test next week against OGGood job, stats show Ingleside had only 2 first downs and 20 something yards of offense? yea saw the 13 penalties on there also.

Yea Orange Grove passing game might be the best around in our area, should be very good test for RF defense. 3 shut outs in 4 games very impressive, even in the scrimmage against Gregory Portland defense looked good.

RkptFltn
09-19-2015, 03:57 PM
yeah defense looks good. Just curious where are you finding those stats?

SintonFan_inAustin
09-19-2015, 04:46 PM
yeah defense looks good. Just curious where are you finding those stats?
Callertimes.com

it was passing yards and total yds for Ingleside was under 100

R-F 47, INGLESIDE 0

Ingleside 0 0 0 0 — 0

Rockport-Fulton 13 13 7 14 — 47

First quarter

R-F — Cynea Perry 14 pass from Austin Taylor (Adrian Gonzalez kick), 6:24

R-F — C. Perry 64 run (kick failed), 2:37

Second quarter

R-F — Hunter Jolley 2 run (kick failed), 9:57

R-F — H. Jolley 2 run (A. Gonzalez kick), 4:26

Third quarter