PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood Lions @ Alvarado Indians

Pages : [1] 2

toddg
09-13-2015, 11:13 AM
first home game for the Indians this season..will be packed with loud and proud Indian fans, Indians will be debuting their new home unis, new scoreboard, and just happy to be home after 3 games on the road. Lion fans will enjoy the new lighted visitor parking lot, which are right next to the visitor bleachers.

hollywood
09-13-2015, 11:38 AM
Drums are beating. Indians are dancing. Jungle is alive. Lions are roaring. Chomp chomp.

Lions take this one going away in the second half.

Lions by 21.

toddg
09-13-2015, 12:00 PM
Drums are beating. Indians are dancing. Jungle is alive. Lions are roaring. Chomp chomp.

Lions take this one going away in the second half.

Lions by 21.

im thinkin once the dust settles we'll be singing:
A-wina-weh, a-wina-weh, a-wina-weh, a-wina-weh..
...In the jungle, the mighty jungle
The lion sleeps tonight
In the jungle the quiet jungle
The lion sleeps tonight..!

Bosqueville
09-13-2015, 01:23 PM
Brownwood big.

Gen.Pat
09-13-2015, 01:59 PM
Got to go with my Neighbors on the East side of Johnson county. Tribe 36 Lions 14.

THE BEAST
09-13-2015, 02:50 PM
Not taking Alvarado lightly by any stretch, but I think Brownwood will win again this week.

BEAST

toddg
09-13-2015, 03:19 PM
Not taking Alvarado lightly by any stretch, but I think Brownwood will win again this week.

BEAST

my middle son plays JV, but i wont make the trip because of work, but i'll be there to watch my oldest friday night. wanted to see our freshmen team against the Wood also, we have a NG on the frosh team you would appreciate..he's a beast! LOL!
look fwd to hosting the Lions friday night, should be a great hard hitting game..but, being an alum and a parent..the Indians will grind out the win the old-fashioned way.

THE BEAST
09-13-2015, 03:31 PM
my middle son plays JV, but i wont make the trip because of work, but i'll be there to watch my oldest friday night. wanted to see our freshmen team against the Wood also, we have a NG on the frosh team you would appreciate..he's a beast! LOL!
look fwd to hosting the Lions friday night, should be a great hard hitting game..but, being an alum and a parent..the Indians will grind out the win the old-fashioned way.

I will get to watch the 9th grade game. i will be watching for the NG.

BEAST

bwdlionfan
09-13-2015, 03:41 PM
Got to go with my Neighbors on the East side of Johnson county. Tribe 36 Lions 14.

You must think that your Johnson County neighbors Cleburne and Joshua will play for the district 8-5A title too.

Rocket
09-13-2015, 03:54 PM
Brownwood by 28 points. 42-14. Alvarado finds a nut with about 2 minutes left in the game to get their 14 points.

toddg
09-13-2015, 04:12 PM
Brownwood by 28 points. 42-14. Alvarado finds a nut with about 2 minutes left in the game to get their 14 points.

blind squirrels are rare in Alvarado...blowouts are even more rare at Charles Head Stadium....

bwdlionfan
09-13-2015, 04:39 PM
blind squirrels are rare in Alvarado...blowouts are even more rare at Charles Head Stadium....

I don't mean any disrespect in asking this, but who's Charles Head?

toddg
09-13-2015, 04:49 PM
I don't mean any disrespect in asking this, but who's Charles Head?

He was Coach, teacher, and supt. of schools in Alvarado for many years 40s-60s

Hollyville
09-13-2015, 06:51 PM

BEAST

Better and they should because got to live up to the #4 spot.

lostaussie
09-13-2015, 07:06 PM

Now now. That's a lot of disrespecting:D

Lions win in a close one.

THE BEAST
09-13-2015, 07:09 PM

That ranking sure has you stirred up. LOL

BEAST

toddg
09-13-2015, 08:10 PM

the Indians are a major underdog in this one for sure, being we're #30 somethin' ranked and all...

91 lion
09-13-2015, 08:39 PM
You must think that your Johnson County neighbors Cleburne and Joshua will play for the district 8-5A title too.

Ahh, the good ol days....we used to own our Johnson County foes when we're in the same district ;)

91 lion
09-13-2015, 08:43 PM

Let's reverse that....Lions 36 Tribe 14. There, that looks better.

toddg
09-13-2015, 08:59 PM
Let's reverse that....Lions 36 Tribe 14. There, that looks better.

wow! you guys must have zero respect for our Indians here in Alvarado...hope ya'll know the I formation is much different than the wing/slot-T..
but, we're not a percieved top 10 team, so what do i know:smoker:

91 lion
09-13-2015, 09:14 PM
wow! you guys must have zero respect for our Indians here in Alvarado...hope ya'll know the I formation is much different than the wing/slot-T..
but, we're not a percieved top 10 team, so what do i know:smoker:

Hey, the way I see it, we have a mutual and equal respect for eachother....seeing as though we have the same prediction....just opposite ends. So if you think we have zero respect for yall, then what does that say about your respect for us?

As for the polls, I take zero stock in them....

I like the poll that's taken on the field....and come Friday, we get our chance to dance ;)

91 lion
09-13-2015, 09:17 PM
Hey, the way I see it, we have a mutual and equal respect for eachother....seeing as though we have the same prediction....just opposite ends. So if you think we have zero respect for yall, then what does that say about your respect for us?

I like the poll that's taken on the field....and come Friday, we get our chance to dance ;)

......and the I-formation? Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna shoot the coaching staff a message to let them know to be ready for this new offense that no one else runs. Hopefully we'll have enough time to prepare for all of the wrinkles....

bearbear78
09-13-2015, 09:18 PM
Friday nights are made for upsets and the way things are going so far, no upset surprises me and no ranking is even close to how it'll play out in December, imho.

91 lion
09-13-2015, 09:19 PM
Friday nights are made for upsets and the way things are going so far, no upset surprises me and no ranking is even close to how it'll play out in December, imho.

Agreed

Rocket
09-13-2015, 09:23 PM

Great! You'll get to see one. Too bad Alvarado will be on the losing end.

Rocket
09-13-2015, 09:24 PM

You should know. That's all your Friday nights have been for the last 2 weeks.

Rocket
09-13-2015, 09:25 PM
That ranking sure has you stirred up. LOL

BEAST

It sucks when they realize they dropped a class and still aren't relevant and won't be for a long time.

toddg
09-13-2015, 09:26 PM

I like the poll that's taken on the field....and come Friday, we get our chance to dance ;) i have'nt predicted a score yet..

toddg
09-13-2015, 09:34 PM
Great! You'll get to see one. Too bad Alvarado will be on the losing end.

you already writing that check?

toddg
09-13-2015, 09:42 PM
......and the I-formation? Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna shoot the coaching staff a message to let them know to be ready for this new offense that no one else runs. Hopefully we'll have enough time to prepare for all of the wrinkles....:2thumbsup

hollywood
09-13-2015, 09:53 PM

Agreed

hollywood
09-13-2015, 09:57 PM
It sucks when they realize they dropped a class and still aren't relevant and won't be for a long time.

Ignorant thought process coming from a genious

91 lion
09-13-2015, 10:48 PM
i have'nt predicted a score yet..

Ahh....I was referring to Gen.Pat's prediction.

Hollyville
09-13-2015, 11:36 PM

If believe think this, then Lions haven't been relevant since 1981. Jackets won State a few years ago and always go deep in the playoffs.

But unlike you, I've always believed Lions have been relevant. You disappear when they don't live up to your likings. Welcome back fair weather.

Hollyville
09-13-2015, 11:39 PM

Agreed! Actually the most ignorant post this year. SAD! Bless his heart!

bearbear78
09-13-2015, 11:44 PM
You should know. That's all your Friday nights have been for the last 2 weeks.
Yep the whole 3 of them.we lost some last year too and adjusted to go on and pound your lions AGAIN, then playing in December, while your lions aired up the round balls. It's week 3, the Lions are looking decent and decent means beating a down Graham team by 6, and LH having turnover nightmares and giving up the lead..so yeah ill say their looking decent, consistent teams are adjusting to some key player loss, and Rocket still has zero class and less common sense...so I'd say pretty good start to the season...thing can and will change as it progresses, OTHER than Rocket being what he is!!!

bearbear78
09-13-2015, 11:46 PM
you already writing that check?
Alligator mouth over riding that, we'll you know the rest.

Indians212
09-14-2015, 06:44 AM

I believe I would take a state title and 2 semi finals in 4 years. I don't think you could call that irrelevant. Alvarado will have it's hands full on friday night. We will show up and see what happens. I will predict my score later this week. Rocket I want some of that stuff you smoke it makes you delusional. Good luck and safe travels Brownwood.

Rocket
09-14-2015, 09:08 AM
I believe I would take a state title and 2 semi finals in 4 years. I don't think you could call that irrelevant. Alvarado will have it's hands full on friday night. We will show up and see what happens. I will predict my score later this week. Rocket I want some of that stuff you smoke it makes you delusional. Good luck and safe travels Brownwood.

I wasn't talking to you. But Alvarado is a far cry from a traditional powerhouse. Good job on the last 4 years. Whoopty-doo.

Rocket
09-14-2015, 09:10 AM
Yep the whole 3 of them.we lost some last year too and adjusted to go on and pound your lions AGAIN, then playing in December, while your lions aired up the round balls. It's week 3, the Lions are looking decent and decent means beating a down Graham team by 6, and LH having turnover nightmares and giving up the lead..so yeah ill say their looking decent, consistent teams are adjusting to some key player loss, and Rocket still has zero class and less common sense...so I'd say pretty good start to the season...thing can and will change as it progresses, OTHER than Rocket being what he is!!!

Oh the good ol' days...Lol it's ok, bearbear... Don't cry.
Bearbear loves Brownwood football. He can't leave us alone. Camping out on the Brownwood threads. Typical hater. Same for Hollywood and Hollyville.

Rocket
09-14-2015, 09:12 AM

The well is almost out of water, if not already dry in Stephenville. GENIUS! That's me...

Rocket
09-14-2015, 09:16 AM
If believe think this, then Lions haven't been relevant since 1981. Jackets won State a few years ago and always go deep in the playoffs.

But unlike you, I've always believed Lions have been relevant. You disappear when they don't live up to your likings. Welcome back fair weather.

No not really. You have done nothing but not believe in the Lions. I can't believe I'm having to defend Brownwood football to a an alumni. Im a fairweather fan only on this stupid board. Again, quit equating support for a team with activity on here! I get on here to piss Brownwood haters off. I see it's working. Haha

dawgwood
09-14-2015, 09:20 AM

Graham wasn't down the week before the lions knocked them off their high horse!!!

warpig
09-14-2015, 09:28 AM
Lions fans better get ready for another tough game. Alvarado is a good football team and I think the score will be closer than the pontificators think.

toddg
09-14-2015, 09:32 AM
I wasn't talking to you. But Alvarado is a far cry from a traditional powerhouse. Good job on the last 4 years. Whoopty-doo.
Brownwood was lucky they went D2 in 2010, the Lions fairy tale season would have ended much sooner!
He didn't say any thing about Alvarado being a traditional powerhouse..Stephenville most definitely has been for the last 25 years..good to see that puff the magic dragon is alive and well!! Thanks, have a nice day!

panfan
09-14-2015, 09:39 AM
Brownwood was lucky they went D2 in 2010, the Lions fairy tale season would have ended much sooner!
He didn't say any thing about Alvarado being a traditional powerhouse..Stephenville most definitely has been for the last 25 years..good to see that puff the magic dragon is alive and well!! Thanks, have a nice day!

Brownwood was lucky to win last week - we gift wrapped them a W - two turnovers inside our 40 after leading into the 3rd. The wheels fell off. Ladies and Gents, don't let the B-wood hype stir you, They didn't stop us til we stopped us. They will get a few more wins, just like we will, but post district will see them fold up like a old lawn chair!! Carry on....

BwdLions
09-14-2015, 09:46 AM
Playing any opponent on the road, in what should be a hostile environment, is not an easy task. I predict a Lions' win, but I think it will be close until the 4th quarter. I'm predicting a score of 42-28.

Indians212
09-14-2015, 09:48 AM

I guess that means you will not share.... we have the same agenda and that's beating Stephenville. We both might get our chance this year.

hollywood
09-14-2015, 09:54 AM
I guess that means you will not share.... we have the same agenda and that's beating Stephenville. We both might get our chance this year.

You should get with Rocket and share the piece pipe Indians212. Brownwood is quality this season. Alvarado is quality this season. Neither will beat Stephenville. Guess it's good for the ego to hallucinate though.

Indians212
09-14-2015, 10:09 AM
You should get with Rocket and share the piece pipe Indians212. Brownwood is quality this season. Alvarado is quality this season. Neither will beat Stephenville. Guess it's good for the ego to hallucinate though.

I definitely know it will not be easy playing Stephenville never is. Our best chance to beat you guys in the last 4 years is this year. I hope everybody keeps thinking we are the team that got pounded by La Vega. We will be rested and waiting for the Lions and the yellerjackets.

Rocket
09-14-2015, 11:13 AM

We will both pound the Ville this year. And the next few years for that matter....

bwdlionfan
09-14-2015, 12:38 PM

You're nuts. You guys won Region 1 of D1 that year and we won Region 1 of D2. If you think Alvarado would have stopped us had we gone D1 in 2010 you're crazy. You guys barely beat Bridgeport (35-27) and Wylie (35-21) that season. We beat Bridgeport 61-31 and Wylie 45-7 (and our starters were pulled in the 3rd quarter).

91 lion
09-14-2015, 12:59 PM
You're nuts. You guys won Region 1 of D1 that year and we won Region 1 of D2. If you think Alvarado would have stopped us had we gone D1 in 2010 you're crazy. You guys barely beat Bridgeport (35-27) and Wylie (35-21) that season. We beat Bridgeport 61-31 and Wylie 45-7 (and our starters were pulled in the 3rd quarter).

Thank you for saving me some key strokes bwdlionfan, because I was about to say the same thing. Common opponents tell the story in this 'woulda-coulda' non sense, but to think that a team that scored over 35 only 3 times all year could have kept up with a a team that had four 50+ games, four 60+ games and an 88 point game is far fetched. You're lucky that your team went D1.

bearbear78
09-14-2015, 01:05 PM
Graham wasn't down the week before the lions knocked them off their high horse!!!

You must be a tennis fan... yes Graham was and is in a rebuild mode. You're on the same kool-aid as ole fast fingers lol

toddg
09-14-2015, 01:19 PM
Thank you for saving me some key strokes bwdlionfan, because I was about to say the same thing. Common opponents tell the story in this 'woulda-coulda' non sense, but to think that a team that scored over 35 only 3 times all year could have kept up with a a team that had four 50+ games, four 60+ games and an 88 point game is far fetched. You're lucky that your team went D1.
Our D would have nailed that offense, who cares that you scored 45 on Wylie or 61 on Bridgeport..we dominated those games in a different way..coulda woulda ding dong the witch would have been dead! The only defense Yall faced as good as ours was Carthage.

91 lion
09-14-2015, 01:35 PM
Our D would have nailed that offense, who cares that you scored 45 on Wylie or 61 on Bridgeport..we dominated those games in a different way..coulda woulda ding dong the witch would have been dead! The only defense Yall faced as good as ours was Carthage.

.....and the only offense yall faced as good as our was......oh wait...

91 lion
09-14-2015, 01:45 PM
Brownwood was lucky to win last week - we gift wrapped them a W - two turnovers inside our 40 after leading into the 3rd. The wheels fell off. Ladies and Gents, don't let the B-wood hype stir you, They didn't stop us til we stopped us. They will get a few more wins, just like we will, but post district will see them fold up like a old lawn chair!! Carry on....

So, yall stopped yourselves? Well, why didn't yall ever think to stop us in the process? Since youre so good at stopping things...

As for later in the year, we will be battling it out in a real region, while you're getting healthy and holding pep rallies.....pretty easy for you to look towards the future. Pretty sure our district is tougher than your entire region.....and also pretty sure that China Spring is gonna spank you if that game ever comes around.

toddg
09-14-2015, 02:03 PM
.....and the only offense yall faced as good as our was......oh wait...
Guess it doesn't really matter, we both spit the bit in the semis..que sera sera

Rocket
09-14-2015, 02:19 PM

I think LH was LUCKY to even be in the game. They had to run trick plays (throw the ball) to make something big happen. Brow wood gave LH a turnover in the first half. Good teams don't let the wheels fall off, they make adjustments. LH crapped a brick in the second half. Played scared. And that was because Brownwood is good, not because a fluke by LH.

clcannon17
09-14-2015, 02:23 PM

Really??
Carthage only stopped us once, and that was on a bs call by the ref. No D stopped Brownwood in 2010.

clcannon17
09-14-2015, 02:25 PM

Except Brownwood was the same way in the first half, remember we could've went up 14-0 to start the game, but 2 penalties to start the drive killed us.

bwdlionfan
09-14-2015, 02:30 PM
Except Brownwood was the same way in the first half, remember we could've went up 14-0 to start the game, but 2 penalties to start the drive killed us.

Don't forget the score we had called back in the second half and wound up punting. Both teams made mistakes, only one is making excuses.

toddg
09-14-2015, 08:36 PM
Don't forget the score we had called back in the second half and wound up punting. Both teams made mistakes, only one is making excuses.

Wont be any excuses this Friday night from the Indians regardless the outcome!!

defense51
09-14-2015, 09:40 PM

Looks like Rocket has already been smoking something... Brownwood goes down 35-28 this week.

THE BEAST
09-14-2015, 10:39 PM

Did your team have something to do with our mistakes in the first half? Yes sir they did. Did our team cause some of yalls, absolutely. We beat you guys physically in the 2nd half. We only allowed 90 total yards that half and 0 points. Take off the purple glasses bro.

BEAST

THE BEAST
09-14-2015, 10:40 PM
Looks like Rocket has already been smoking something... Brownwood goes down 35-28 this week.

We wont give up 35 to you guys. Maybe 21. Bigger question is, can you stop us? We put 38 on LH. One TD called back and played nice at the end and took a knee inside the 5. Easily couldve been 52 to 28.

BEAST

defense51
09-14-2015, 10:59 PM
We wont give up 35 to you guys. Maybe 21. Bigger question is, can you stop us? We put 38 on LH. One TD called back and played nice at the end and took a knee inside the 5. Easily could've been 52 to 28.

BEAST

If our secondary comes to play and performs to potential, then yes we can stop the Lions. IMO, that will make or break us. Has Brownwood ever played here before, or will this be the first time?

toddg
09-14-2015, 11:09 PM

Bought time you showed up!!
Last years difference was #51 didn't play the 2nd half..48 is doing him proud this season!

THE BEAST
09-14-2015, 11:27 PM
If our secondary comes to play and performs to potential, then yes we can stop the Lions. IMO, that will make or break us. Has Brownwood ever played here before, or will this be the first time?

Not sure. But let me introduce you to reality. We have played at:

A High
Wylie
Permian
Cove
Waco
Temple
Cowboy Stadium
Mustang Bowl
Liberty Hill
Burnet

To name a few. Yalls stadium aint gonna blow our skirts up at all.

BEAST

THE BEAST
09-14-2015, 11:28 PM

You thing we are all pass? Your secondary will be put in no mans land. We rush for as man as we throw for. Get ready.

BEAST

toddg
09-15-2015, 12:01 AM
You thing we are all pass? Your secondary will be put in no mans land. We rush for as man as we throw for. Get ready.

BEAST

Our backs are pretty good, better than LH's IMO..I'm sure some of the players that played JV last year remember one of them..he ripped them pretty good..
Going to be an interesting game Beast, whichever way it goes

defense51
09-15-2015, 12:14 AM
:clap::clap::clap:

A High
Wylie
Permian
Cove
Waco
Temple
Cowboy Stadium
Mustang Bowl
Liberty Hill
Burnet

To name a few. Yalls stadium aint gonna

BEAST

That's impressive only three weeks into the season... That bunch is a well seasoned team... :rolleyes:

defense51
09-15-2015, 12:15 AM

BEAST

I think our D-line will handle the rush just fine.

toddg
09-15-2015, 05:53 AM
Our D line and backers are solid,
Secondary is athletic, but young..getting better each week.

91 lion
09-15-2015, 08:21 AM
Our D line and backers are solid,
Secondary is athletic, but young..getting better each week.

I have no doubt that your young secondary will get better this week, but it will come from breaking down the film after the game when theyre trying to figure out what went wrong.

91 lion
09-15-2015, 08:26 AM

A High
Wylie
Permian
Cove
Waco
Temple
Cowboy Stadium
Mustang Bowl
Liberty Hill
Burnet

BEAST

BEAST, don't forget the Alamodome and Floyd Casey stadium

ahs_indian_fan
09-15-2015, 08:51 AM

A High
Wylie
Permian
Cove
Waco
Temple
Cowboy Stadium
Mustang Bowl
Liberty Hill
Burnet

BEAST

You're an idiot ... I don't think he was posing the question as y'all don't know what you're in store for from big bad Charles Head Stadium. He was just asking if y'all have ever played in Alvarado. Get your head out of your backside and use whatever small amount of common sense your momma gave you. And, for what it's worth, I'm not at all surprised you wear a skirt.

toddg
09-15-2015, 08:53 AM
I have no doubt that your young secondary will get better this week, but it will come from breaking down the film after the game when theyre trying to figure out what went wrong.
They have already learned the "chase two rabbits, they both escape" lesson..marked improvements have ensued.

Dawgs
09-15-2015, 08:54 AM
Don't know how the 2010 season came up, but I will clarify. Carthage defense absolutely didn't stop Brownwood. Jaxon Shipley is still the best HS player I have seen other than Daylon Mack. Hunter Holland rushed for 30 carries and over 300 yards in that game, that's how we limited them to 28 points. No question Brownwood and Carthage were the 2 best teams that year. I just went back and looked at the bracket. Both teams blew the doors off everybody in the playoffs, and then Carthage thumped CS in the final. I forgot we beat Argyle that bad that season. Carthage had there way with Henderson, and Henderson put Alvarado out in the playoffs. Brownwood ran into a buzz saw, that had played 46 games from 2008-2010 when we met Brownwood. That's still IMO the only time I walked out feeling lucky to have a win. That was the best team Carthage has ever played in the playoffs, but Carthage wouldn't be denied that game. Anyway just though I would clarify. That has nothing todo with this weeks game. Good to see Brownwood back in the mix. D1 is better off with them being good.

hollywood
09-15-2015, 09:19 AM
BEAST, don't forget the Alamodome and Floyd Casey stadium

Ah, Floyd Casey stadium. Remember that one well as a Jr. Played Taylor on a rainy day in the second round. It was fun tackling Ducks on the wet turf. I nailed this poor WR coming across the middle and we slid for at least 5 yards after the hit. Dang that was a blast!

Nevermind me, just reminiscing. ;)

91 lion
09-15-2015, 09:27 AM
Don't know how the 2010 season came up, but I will clarify. Carthage defense absolutely didn't stop Brownwood. Jaxon Shipley is still the best HS player I have seen other than Daylon Mack. Hunter Holland rushed for 30 carries and over 300 yards in that game, that's how we limited them to 28 points. No question Brownwood and Carthage were the 2 best teams that year. I just went back and looked at the bracket. Both teams blew the doors off everybody in the playoffs, and then Carthage thumped CS in the final. I forgot we beat Argyle that bad that season. Carthage had there way with Henderson, and Henderson put Alvarado out in the playoffs. Brownwood ran into a buzz saw, that had played 46 games from 2008-2010 when we met Brownwood. That's still IMO the only time I walked out feeling lucky to have a win. That was the best team Carthage has ever played in the playoffs, but Carthage wouldn't be denied that game. Anyway just though I would clarify. That has nothing todo with this weeks game. Good to see Brownwood back in the mix. D1 is better off with them being good.

Nice post Dawgs....and not bc I'm a Brownwood fan....but bc you offered an unbiased 3rd party insight. I too feel that Carthage was the best team that Brownwood has faced when you factor in everything.

-Playoff experience
-The most balanced offense I've seen....(ran for over 300 against us, then threw for a bazillion yards a week later in the SC)
-BIG
-Fast
-Big Time playmakers (Pope/Holland, etc)
-Smart talented and experienced QB
-Ball Hawks on Defense (Thompson, etc)
-Been there, done that coaching staff

Yeah, Carthage was the real deal in 2010, no doubt....and while it still stings a little bit to think about, I'm so glad I was there to witness it. It was the best HS game I have ever seen, bc Brownwood was up to the task....our boys showed up....but so was Carthage....we just came up short in the end.

91 lion
09-15-2015, 09:30 AM
Ah, Floyd Casey stadium. Remember that one well as a Jr. Played Taylor on a rainy day in the second round. It was fun tackling Ducks on the wet turf. I nailed this poor WR coming across the middle and we slid for at least 5 yards after the hit. Dang that was a blast!

Nevermind me, just reminiscing. ;)

.......and you would have thought that a bunch of ducks would've fared better in the rain...hehe

hollywood
09-15-2015, 09:47 AM
Nice post Dawgs....and not bc I'm a Brownwood fan....but bc you offered an unbiased 3rd party insight. I too feel that Carthage was the best team that Brownwood has faced when you factor in everything.

-Playoff experience
-The most balanced offense I've seen....(ran for over 300 against us, then threw for a bazillion yards a week later in the SC)
-BIG
-Fast
-Big Time playmakers (Pope/Holland, etc)
-Smart talented and experienced QB
-Ball Hawks on Defense (Thompson, etc)
-Been there, done that coaching staff

Yeah, Carthage was the real deal in 2010, no doubt....and while it still stings a little bit to think about, I'm so glad I was there to witness it. It was the best HS game I have ever seen, bc Brownwood was up to the task....our boys showed up....but so was Carthage....we just came up short in the end.

Couldn't have said it better myself! Top 5 HS games I've witnessed in my book!

hollywood
09-15-2015, 09:51 AM
.......and you would have thought that a bunch of ducks would've fared better in the rain...hehe

LOL.. true.

Has anyone ever been to Taylor? Their HS is looks pretty cool from the road. They actually have a pond in front of their school that attracts ducks.

But the best thing about Taylor, TX is Louie Mueller BBQ! Man that is some real good BBQ.

slingshot
09-15-2015, 09:54 AM
...the best thing about Taylor, TX is Louie Mueller BBQ! Man that is some real good BBQ.Stop it! You're making me hungry! Love that place...

91 lion
09-15-2015, 10:14 AM
LOL.. true.

Has anyone ever been to Taylor? Their HS is looks pretty cool from the road. They actually have a pond in front of their school that attracts ducks.

But the best thing about Taylor, TX is Louie Mueller BBQ! Man that is some real good BBQ.

Very good BBQ, but you come out of there smelling like you were actually inside of the pit.

Ville-D
09-15-2015, 10:15 AM

I might come check this game out.

panfan
09-15-2015, 01:15 PM
So, yall stopped yourselves? Well, why didn't yall ever think to stop us in the process? Since youre so good at stopping things...

As for later in the year, we will be battling it out in a real region, while you're getting healthy and holding pep rallies.....pretty easy for you to look towards the future. Pretty sure our district is tougher than your entire region.....and also pretty sure that China Spring is gonna spank you if that game ever comes around.

Ya know - it sounded a lot better when I punched it out than it does now. Yep - Lions took it to us. As I wasn thinking through this though, In theback of my mind, I keep thinking about the third quarter, 2 turnovers that result in scores and yes limited to no yardage. Lions got the ball, held on to it and racked up yards. We didn't. So wasn't trying to make excuses, but that is the way it comes across now that I reread it. On a different day or night coming soon, though, if we get a chance to meet again, LH will not make the same mistakes!! Good luck Lions going forward.

toddg
09-15-2015, 03:12 PM
Ya know - it sounded a lot better when I punched it out than it does now. Yep - Lions took it to us. As I wasn thinking through this though, In theback of my mind, I keep thinking about the third quarter, 2 turnovers that result in scores and yes limited to no yardage. Lions got the ball, held on to it and racked up yards. We didn't. So wasn't trying to make excuses, but that is the way it comes across now that I reread it. On a different day or night coming soon, though, if we get a chance to meet again, LH will not make the same mistakes!! Good luck Lions going forward.
Yeah, they will need that luck Friday night..

solocam
09-15-2015, 05:46 PM
Brownwood by21

Rocket
09-15-2015, 06:28 PM
Yeah, they will need that luck Friday night..

HAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHH A no

toddg
09-15-2015, 08:59 PM
hahahhahahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahh a noha ha!!....yes!

hollywood
09-15-2015, 11:44 PM
The next two weeks will be fun. Alvarado vs Brownwood.. Then Alvarado vs Stephenville the very next week. Poor Alvarado... Especially next week. ;)

toddg
09-15-2015, 11:56 PM
The next two weeks will be fun. Alvarado vs Brownwood.. Then Alvarado vs Stephenville the very next week. Poor Alvarado... Especially next week. ;)

Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-do
I have a perfect puzzle for you
Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-dee
If you are wise, you'll listen to me
What do you get when you come to big A?
A stomach full of crow at the end of the day.
tryin to stop the run, and the occasional pass,
tryin to tame a dog, who takes a bite of your a@%..
like the Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-do

LionFan72
09-16-2015, 01:07 AM
Best I can tell ya, prepare for a loss Indians, we coming and you will enjoy it!

JacketSwarm
09-16-2015, 07:28 AM
if brownwood thinks they are for real they should beat alvarado by at least 47 points. la vega did.

FIRE AWAY!

jason
09-16-2015, 07:54 AM
yeah, stephenville might score in the 30's on them....

dawgwood
09-16-2015, 08:10 AM
You must be a tennis fan... yes Graham was and is in a rebuild mode. You're on the same kool-aid as ole fast fingers lol

All I heard from you and briandumbass was how Graham will win by as many as they want. And the lions weren't good enough to carry y'all's jockstraps. Now y'all lose two (fixing to be three) in a roll and all of a sudden are down?

bearbear78
09-16-2015, 08:25 AM
All I heard from you and briandumbass was how Graham will win by as many as they want. And the lions weren't good enough to carry y'all's jockstraps. Now y'all lose two (fixing to be three) in a roll and all of a sudden are down?

Dawgwood , don't be a sissy and call a dude names on the keyboard when you don't have to fortitude to do in person. That really makes you look bad. Brian tried to get you to M&G game 2 last year and you wouldn't have it. And yep, if you know football you'll be at least smart enough to see losing a handful of starters has set em back. You know, the starters that wrecked you guys TWICE last year? It's okay though, they're making changes and will get it together. Think you vanished after whooping 2 last year and now you wanna call a dude you didn't have the grapefruits to even shake hands with a dumbass? Lol

hollywood
09-16-2015, 08:27 AM
Dawgwood , don't be a sissy and call a dude names on the keyboard when you don't have to fortitude to do in person. That really makes you look bad. Brian tried to get you to M&G game 2 last year and you wouldn't have it. And yep, if you know football you'll be at least smart enough to see losing a handful of starters has set em back. You know, the starters that wrecked you guys TWICE last year? It's okay though, they're making changes and will get it together. Think you vanished after whooping 2 last year and now you wanna call a dude you didn't have the grapefruits to even shake hands with a dumbass? Lol

Preach it!

bearbear78
09-16-2015, 08:27 AM
And I don't think I said the lions couldn't carry my jock...I'll hang it on your ears if you want.

dawgwood
09-16-2015, 11:51 AM
I would've absolutely had a m&g. I didn't attend the game due to traveling and watching my nephew play for Brady. Get your facts straight before you try to call someone out. I have no problem telling him to his face what I think of him!!!

Ville-D
09-16-2015, 12:01 PM

Alvarillo by 7

bearbear78
09-16-2015, 01:59 PM
I would've absolutely had a m&g. I didn't attend the game due to traveling and watching my nephew play for Brady. Get your facts straight before you try to call someone out. I have no problem telling him to his face what I think of him!!!
Lol...get him big fella...calling a guy dumbass to his face for loving his team might just get your hair parted.

toddg
09-16-2015, 03:12 PM
Best I can tell ya, prepare for a loss Indians, we coming and you will enjoy it!

we'll do what we want, the lions will endure what they must..

toddg
09-16-2015, 03:16 PM
if brownwood thinks they are for real they should beat alvarado by at least 47 points. la vega did.

FIRE AWAY! apparantly, you dont play the "for real" game..

91 lion
09-16-2015, 03:20 PM
apparantly, you dont play the "for real" game..

Agreed

dawgwood
09-16-2015, 03:22 PM
You Graham posters do it all the time!

bearbear78
09-16-2015, 03:29 PM
You Graham posters do it all the time!

I am not calling anyone a dumbass for loving their team fella. One guy called you a dumbass and it wasn't brian. The guy that did is at every game so talk it over with him. I may call dumbass if you make a comment that deserves it like calling someone dumbass over the internet, but not loving your team.

toddg
09-16-2015, 03:35 PM
I am not calling anyone a dumbass for loving their team fella. One guy called you a dumbass and it wasn't brian. The guy that did is at every game so talk it over with him. I may call dumbass if you make a comment that deserves it like calling someone dumbass over the internet, but not loving your team.
Red on "that 70s show" does it all the time..i was a dumbass back in the 70s, but i had the excuse of preteen angst

bearbear78
09-16-2015, 03:37 PM
Red on "that 70s show" does it all the time..i was a dumbass back in the 70s, but i had the excuse of preteen angst
Dumbass is a common phrase I use. But I won't use it for someone because they support back and love their teams. The kids need that.

ccmom
09-16-2015, 03:41 PM
Dumbass is a common phrase I use. But I won't use it for someone because they support back and love their teams. The kids need that.

My momma has always said "He's just eat up with the dumbass" . Sometimes it just can't be said any better than that!!

bearbear78
09-16-2015, 03:58 PM
My momma has always said "He's just eat up with the dumbass" . Sometimes it just can't be said any better than that!!

Lol, I always say "he's consumed by tha dumbass"

toddg
09-16-2015, 04:32 PM
Talk about a snooty a-hole...I am not amused...real classless representation there Brownwood peeps!!!
http://brownwoodexaminer.com/2015/09/15/travelling-to-watch-brownwood-vs-alvarado-friday-weve-got-the-scoop/

91 lion
09-16-2015, 04:46 PM
Talk about a snooty a-hole...I am not amused...real classless representation there Brownwood peeps!!!
http://brownwoodexaminer.com/2015/09/15/travelling-to-watch-brownwood-vs-alvarado-friday-weve-got-the-scoop/

wow...i cant believe something like that was even published. its baseless (devoid of facts) and worse yet, as toddg said....real classless.

we get on here and razz each other daily, but deep down we respect the heck each other teams and towns and value the rivalries that we forge. there nothing like Texas high school football.....especially in the 4a ranks where teams are playing for and representing their ENTIRE communities.

i have no clue who wrote that...and I'm embarrassed that it came from Brownwood. My apologies to Alvarado fans as a Brownwood supporter.

Sweetwater Red
09-16-2015, 04:47 PM

It's satire. I've seen them make fun of Brownwood as much as anybody.

Bosqueville
09-16-2015, 04:53 PM

Pretty funny!

91 lion
09-16-2015, 04:54 PM

i hope so, but for the uninformed (me included) it looks bad.....and especially to visiting fans. ive never read the examiner, and probably neither have visiting fans of teams we play....so, i wouldnt get their satire and inside jokes.....but imagine googling your team's upcoming matchup every week, and the week you play brownwood, you come across a "published" article thats ragging on your town....not very amusing if youre not informed that its satire.

Sweetwater Red
09-16-2015, 04:56 PM
i hope so, but for the uninformed (me included) it looks bad.....and especially to visiting fans. ive never read the examiner, and probably neither have visiting fans of teams we play....so, i wouldnt get their satire and inside jokes.....but imagine googling your team's upcoming matchup every week, and the week you play brownwood, you come across a "published" article thats ragging on your town....not very amusing if youre not informed that its satire.

I understand but look down at the left hand corner of the page.

91 lion
09-16-2015, 04:58 PM

.....and if thats the case, Hollywood and that other Holly are probably the contributing editors ;)

91 lion
09-16-2015, 05:00 PM
I understand but look down at the left hand corner of the page.

ahhhhhhhh.....ok, thats better!

Rocket
09-16-2015, 05:06 PM

FIRE AWAY!

Brownwood would beat LaVega by 21.

toddg
09-16-2015, 05:24 PM
Brownwood would beat LaVega by 21.
since when did you start writing satire?

Rocket
09-16-2015, 05:35 PM
since when did you start writing satire?

ask your mama...

toddg
09-16-2015, 05:44 PM
ask your mama... i did!! she said you were eat up with dumbass!

Indians212
09-16-2015, 06:02 PM
i did!! she said you were eat up with dumbass!

Lol....

ccmom
09-16-2015, 06:04 PM

:clap:

Indians212
09-16-2015, 06:08 PM
wow...i cant believe something like that was even published. its baseless (devoid of facts) and worse yet, as toddg said....real classless.

we get on here and razz each other daily, but deep down we respect the heck each other teams and towns and value the rivalries that we forge. there nothing like Texas high school football.....especially in the 4a ranks where teams are playing for and representing their ENTIRE communities.

i have no clue who wrote that...and I'm embarrassed that it came from Brownwood. My apologies to Alvarado fans as a Brownwood supporter.

I've lived in Alvarado my whole life and support the Indians until the end. I must say I thought it was funny. My wife and the rest of the football mom's not so much. Yall are lucky you have to park on the other side. If you show up like they did for the 8th grade last night you will only need 7 parking spots. Lol

bwdlionfan
09-16-2015, 06:17 PM
I've lived in Alvarado my whole life and support the Indians until the end. I must say I thought it was funny. My wife and the rest of the football mom's not so much. Yall are lucky you have to park on the other side. If you show up like they did for the 8th grade last night you will only need 7 parking spots. Lol

Hopefully varsity will travel better on a Friday night than 8th grade on a Tuesday night.

By the way... how were the junior high games? I haven't heard anything.

BwdLion73
09-16-2015, 06:17 PM

Good lord people its satire. Take time to check out the source and you will find they bash Brownwood more than anything. This is as bad as when they wrote a story that they were going to drain Lake Coleman to fill up Lake Brownwood! Coleman people had a fit!!

Ya'll need to get back to who can beat up who. LOL

91 lion
09-16-2015, 06:22 PM
Good lord people its satire. Take time to check out the source and you will find they bash Brownwood more than anything. This is as bad as when they wrote a story that they were going to drain Lake Coleman to fill up Lake Brownwood! Coleman people had a fit!!

Totally agree.....and I fell for it hook line and sinker....lol

So here goes....I said the Wood would win 36-14 earlier this week......but now I think 38-14 sounds better ;)

Gen.Pat
09-16-2015, 06:25 PM
Go Indians.

ccmom
09-16-2015, 06:25 PM

The comments under the article are hilarious! Those people are ticked!! Haha!

I've been reading their articles since they started their site and you are right...they poke fun at their own town more than anything.

toddg
09-16-2015, 06:26 PM

Ya'll need to get back to who can beat up who. LOL so the headline should have read.."backwards thinking with Trent Ray"?

Indians212
09-16-2015, 06:27 PM
Hopefully varsity will travel better on a Friday night than 8th grade on a Tuesday night.

By the way... how were the junior high games? I haven't heard anything.

B teams tied 19 to 19 and the A teams tied at 0. Good luck and safe travels for Brownwood and the players. I imagine we will see a good game because both teams will be ready to play.

bwdlionfan
09-16-2015, 06:42 PM
B teams tied 19 to 19 and the A teams tied at 0. Good luck and safe travels for Brownwood and the players. I imagine we will see a good game because both teams will be ready to play.

Were the 7th graders in Brownwood?

hollywood
09-16-2015, 06:56 PM
It's looking more and more likely that I'll be at this game.

Anyone up for a M&G?

toddg
09-16-2015, 07:37 PM
It's looking more and more likely that I'll be at this game.

Anyone up for a M&G? halftime good for you? bring Ville-D! first home game..might be a mad house, my son is #76

Indians212
09-16-2015, 07:45 PM
Were the 7th graders in Brownwood?

Yes, Alv. B team won and the A team lost 8 to 6. Keep us up to date on the Freshman and JV games tomorrow.

hollywood
09-16-2015, 07:52 PM
halftime good for you? bring Ville-D! first home game..might be a mad house, my son is #76

Perfect! Last time we had a M&G it was crazy. So I can only imagine what it will be like on the first home game and against this years Brownwood team!

Calling all Brownwood posters... BEAST, 91 lion (although you may be too far away), Rocket (I know you're too far away), bwdlionfan, Bosqueville (via China Spring), dawgwood, BwdLions, clccannon17. And all Alvarado posters... Indians212 and defense51 and of course the popular toddg. Anyone else?

toddg, south end of the field?

Indians212
09-16-2015, 07:58 PM
I'm in south end is the best place.

Bosqueville
09-16-2015, 08:04 PM
Perfect! Last time we had a M&G it was crazy. So I can only imagine what it will be like on the first home game and against this years Brownwood team!

Calling all Brownwood posters... BEAST, 91 lion (although you may be too far away), Rocket (I know you're too far away), bwdlionfan, Bosqueville (via China Spring), dawgwood, BwdLions, clccannon17. And all Alvarado posters... Indians212 and defense51 and of course the popular toddg. Anyone else?

Well, as much as I'd love to be there I will be in Corsicana cheering on those CS Cougars.

toddg
09-16-2015, 08:05 PM

toddg, south end of the field?sounds good! maybe cobra will be there too

91 lion
09-16-2015, 08:36 PM

I would really love to, but I'll be in Davenport Iowa on Friday.....buy I'll definitely have Dallas Huston on the airwaves.

defense51
09-16-2015, 08:44 PM

Since the Lions game plan will be headed south anyway, that should work out well...

defense51
09-16-2015, 08:46 PM
:spitlol:

THE BEAST
09-16-2015, 10:30 PM
we'll do what we want, the lions will endure what they must..

LOL. Thats all!!

BEAST

toddg
09-16-2015, 10:38 PM
The Indians play Indian football.. Hard hitting, rat tat tat defense.. Methodic grind it out offense, when all is said and done 35-27 upset..yeah I'm a homer with a son on the team, but that's the way I see it..as an alum and parent, I bleed purple!! Go 76!!!

THE BEAST
09-16-2015, 10:47 PM
The Indians play Indian football.. Hard hitting, rat tat tat defense.. Methodic grind it out offense, when all is said and done 35-27 upset..yeah I'm a homer with a son on the team, but that's the way I see it..as an alum and parent, I bleed purple!! Go 76!!!

Good luck to your son. I truly mean that. This is what its all about.

BEAST

hollywood
09-16-2015, 10:56 PM

BEAST

Agreed!

Will you be making the trip?

toddg
09-16-2015, 10:59 PM

BEASTyes it is..hate that I have to miss my soph. son's game tomorrow,but, bills have to get paid..and I have a 5th grader to boot!!
I have a lot of respect for the Lion program..since I met Coach Wood as a youngster back in 1977..should be a great game!!
Good luck to your son tomorrow..that should be a heck of a freshmen game!!

Rocket
09-17-2015, 08:49 AM
yes it is..hate that I have to miss my soph. son's game tomorrow,but, bills have to get paid..and I have a 5th grader to boot!!
I have a lot of respect for the Lion program..since I met Coach Wood as a youngster back in 1977..should be a great game!!

Good luck to your son.

toddg
09-17-2015, 08:55 AM
Thanks!http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/17/fd423434afa07baa7995973469d9e1df.jpg he's a senior team captain 76

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LionFan72
09-17-2015, 11:56 AM
Gonna be a slobberknocker, sorry to say, but Lions 45-28!

bearbear78
09-17-2015, 01:55 PM
yes it is..hate that I have to miss my soph. son's game tomorrow,but, bills have to get paid..and I have a 5th grader to boot!!
I hated missing my sons sub varsity games but in the oilfield there's no mercy. My oldest went varsity as a Soph and now my youngest has so I'll get 3 years of Friday night TX high school football.

76 looks pretty stout bud. Good luck to him tomorrow night!

hollywood
09-17-2015, 02:57 PM
Since the Lions game plan will be headed south anyway, that should work out well...

I just saw your post! Lol

You'll be there defense51? Looking forward to it.

Rocket
09-17-2015, 03:58 PM
76 looks pretty stout bud. Good luck to him tomorrow night!

#2 Is 4'8 and weighs 134 pounds. Just giving you boys some perspective.

Indians212
09-17-2015, 05:56 PM
#2 Is 4'8 and weighs 134 pounds. Just giving you boys some perspective.
You will find out tomorrow how big he is... you have a lot of room to talk you probably never played a down on varsity. Why don't you show up at the m&g and we can discuss how good he is.....

toddg
09-17-2015, 08:13 PM
Last I heard, the freshmen Indians were leading 26-6..I'm sure it's over by now..Trying to get update on JV game..

toddg
09-17-2015, 09:09 PM
Sources told me freshmen final
Alvarado 26
Brownwood 20

toddg
09-17-2015, 09:21 PM
Indian JV up 14-0 3rd

hollywood
09-17-2015, 09:25 PM
Sources told me freshmen final
Alvarado 26
Brownwood 20

:eek: Congrats Alvarillo! Great win against a solid freshman team.

Can't wait for Stephenville's and Brownwood's freshman teams to collide in Brownwood in a few weeks. Heck for that matter, Ville and Alvarillo will play next week. Stephenville's smallest OLinemen is 6'1" 235. And have loads of speed at the skill positions. Someone from Brownwood mentioned in a post a while back that they guarantee there is no one faster than a freshman player on the Lions team. I'm willing to bet one of the Ville's freshman player would take him. They have a good QB too. Ville's freshman class is loaded.

toddg
09-17-2015, 09:33 PM
:eek: Congrats Alvarillo! Great win against a solid freshman team.

Can't wait for Stephenville's and Brownwood's freshman teams to collide in Brownwood in a few weeks. Heck for that matter, Ville and Alvarillo will play next week. Stephenville's smallest OLinemen is 6'1" 235. And have loads of speed at the skill positions. Someone from Brownwood mentioned in a post a while back that they guarantee there is no one faster than a freshman player on the Lions team. I'm willing to bet one of the Ville's freshman player would take him. They have a good QB too. Ville's freshman class is loaded.
Should be a good freshmen game next week.. Those big linemen will have their hands full..the NG on the frosh is just plain nasty..I'm stuck at work or I would have been there, middle son is a TE on JV

hollywood
09-17-2015, 09:38 PM
Should be a good freshmen game next week.. Those big linemen will have their hands full..the NG on the frosh is just plain nasty..I'm stuck at work or I would have been there, middle son is a TE on JV

Yes sir.. I agree. Cool to hear your middle son is TE for the JV. Good stuff! I'll defintely will have to catch the AV vs SV freshman game next week.

toddg
09-17-2015, 09:43 PM
Yes sir.. I agree. Cool to hear your middle son is TE for the JV. Good stuff! I'll defintely will have to catch the AV vs SV freshman game next week.
I don't know why we don't split the JV and Frosh teams..there's like 70 players on JV , probably more on the freshmen team..smh

hollywood
09-17-2015, 09:53 PM
I don't know why we don't split the JV and Frosh teams..there's like 70 players on JV , probably more on the freshmen team..smh

Wow, yeah it seams like that would be the logical thing to do. How can kids develop to their best ability by limited play in games.

toddg
09-17-2015, 10:19 PM
Alvarado JV put first blemish on the Brownwood JV..
Indian JV 29
Lion JV. 12 final

defense51
09-17-2015, 10:22 PM
I just saw your post! Lol

You'll be there defense51? Looking forward to it.
I'll be there sometime before halftime.

toddg
09-17-2015, 10:26 PM
JV and Frosh starting the sweep..
Varsity needs to complete it!!

bearbear78
09-18-2015, 04:54 AM
Congratulations on tonight's wins Indians.

toddg
09-18-2015, 08:43 AM
drums are beating..talk about "welcome to the jungle"..if anthing, this game will be exciting! volumn will be turned up!

Bosqueville
09-18-2015, 09:16 AM
drums are beating..talk about "welcome to the jungle"..if anthing, this game will be exciting! volumn will be turned up!

Don't expect a very big crowd from Bwd as the Reunion Celebration and concert starts tonight.

toddg
09-18-2015, 09:20 AM
Yeah, understandable..you're probably like me.. Nothing beats Friday night lights!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BwdLions
09-18-2015, 09:35 AM
Congratulations to the JV and Freshman teams from Alvarado. I wasn't there, but sounds like you have a bright future with those two sub-varsity squads.

toddg
09-18-2015, 12:34 PM
Congratulations to the JV and Freshman teams from Alvarado. I wasn't there, but sounds like you have a bright future with those two sub-varsity squads. both very solid for sure..my soph.son got home around 12:30am..6am came pretty quick!! senior plays tonite, we only have 4 home games this year, so have to make'em count!!

toddg
09-18-2015, 04:31 PM
safe travels to the Lions..its on like donkey kong as they say!!

Indians212
09-18-2015, 06:08 PM
safe travels to the Lions..its on like donkey kong as they say!!
I predict a 28-27 Alvarado win with their 4'-8" qb.

83Indian
09-18-2015, 07:50 PM
Alvarado 6
BW 0

2:13 1st

83Indian
09-18-2015, 07:54 PM
Alvarado 6
BW 0

End of 1st

BW on Indians 7 yard line
1st and goal

83Indian
09-18-2015, 07:56 PM
Alvarado 6
BW 7

11:54 2nd

83Indian
09-18-2015, 08:08 PM
Alvarado 9
BW 7

37 yd FG

7:09 2nd

83Indian
09-18-2015, 08:37 PM
Alvarado 9
BW 7

Half

83Indian
09-18-2015, 09:27 PM
End of 3rd

Alvarado drives from own 3 to BW 12 and fumbles

BW ball

Alvarado 9
BW 7

83Indian
09-18-2015, 09:30 PM
BW scores on 45 yard pass. 2 pt failed

Alvarado 9
BW 13

10;35 4th

83Indian
09-18-2015, 09:40 PM
Alvarado threatens again but a holding penalty stalls another drive.

Alvarado 9
BW 13

5:57 4th

Ball on BW 9

83Indian
09-18-2015, 09:43 PM
Alvarado stops BW

Touchback on punt

Alvarado ball on 20

4:09 4th

83Indian
09-18-2015, 09:46 PM
Alvarado converts long 3rd down

Ball on Alvarado 36

2 BW players down.

Pray these kids are ok

83Indian
09-18-2015, 09:48 PM
Pass complete for 10 yard gain

Ball Indians 46

83Indian
09-18-2015, 09:49 PM
Gain of 9

Second and 1

83Indian
09-18-2015, 09:50 PM
Another 1st down

Timeout

1:41 left

Ball on BW 37

83Indian
09-18-2015, 09:51 PM
No gain

2nd and 10

83Indian
09-18-2015, 09:51 PM
3rd and 7

Ball on 34

BwdLion73
09-18-2015, 09:52 PM
It's a stem winder 83Indian!

83Indian
09-18-2015, 09:52 PM
Timeout 50 seconds lef

Ball on BW 34

bobcat1
09-18-2015, 09:53 PM
Timeout 50 seconds lef

Ball on BW 34
Sounds like a heck of a game

83Indian
09-18-2015, 09:53 PM
4th and 7

Ball on BW 34

Down to the wire

83Indian
09-18-2015, 09:55 PM
Timeout BW

26 seconds

4th and 7

Ball on BW 34

bobcat1
09-18-2015, 09:57 PM
Come on with it

83Indian
Pass complete to BW 5

17 seconds left

83Indian
2nd down

Ball on 5

bobcat1
09-18-2015, 09:58 PM
Big sale on Fake fingernails tomorrow

83Indian
09-18-2015, 09:59 PM
TOUCHDOWN

Alvarado going for 2

Alvarado 15
BW 13

8 seconds left

bobcat1
09-18-2015, 10:00 PM
WOW! Down goes Frazier!

bobcat1
09-18-2015, 10:01 PM
Congrats Injuns. Tough loss Woodies. See ya next time Rockette

83Indian
09-18-2015, 10:02 PM
PAT kick good

Alvarado 16
BW 13

8 seconds left

BwdLion73
09-18-2015, 10:03 PM
That was exciting, Great game!

Congratulations to the Alvarado Indians.

defense51
09-18-2015, 10:04 PM
Hmmmm.......

83Indian
09-18-2015, 10:04 PM
Final

Alvarado 16
BW 13

#8 made that kickoff return interesting

Great game

defense51
09-18-2015, 10:05 PM
Break out the brooms!

Rocket
09-18-2015, 10:05 PM
Much respect to the Alvarado Indians. Great defensive game. You guys have a very good team. Could have gone either way. Good luck to you guys the rest of the season and in the playoffs!

91 lion
09-18-2015, 10:06 PM
PAT kick good

Alvarado 16
BW 13

8 seconds left

Congrats Indians. It sounded like a GREAT game to be at. Safe travels to all that are headed home.

bobcat1
09-18-2015, 10:07 PM
Much respect to the Alvarado Indians. Great defensive game. You guys have a very good team. Could have gone either way. Good luck to you guys the rest of the season and in the playoffs!

Security Breach! Who is posting classy posts in Rocket's name?

bearbear78
09-18-2015, 10:08 PM
Alvarado takes down the worldbeaters, great job indians....rocket and beast yall come sit in the reality section now...with us!

91 lion
09-18-2015, 10:08 PM
Security Breach! Who is posting classy posts in Rocket's name?

pretty sure it was nobogey72 that hijacked his account. he is full of classy posts.

jason
09-18-2015, 10:13 PM
wow
Good win

bobcat1
09-18-2015, 10:13 PM
pretty sure it was nobogey72 that hijacked his account. he is full of classy posts.
That's funny right there.

91 lion
09-18-2015, 10:15 PM

...... ;)

bobcat1
09-18-2015, 10:18 PM

...... ;)

We need to sink some hooks in roofs of mouths someday

91 lion
09-18-2015, 10:19 PM

ABSOLUTELY!!

just tell me when and where

Hollyville
09-18-2015, 10:21 PM

LOL! Who's irrelevant??? Your Fresh, your JV and Varsity owned this week.

defense51
09-18-2015, 10:21 PM
:hand:

A High
Wylie
Permian
Cove
Waco
Temple
Cowboy Stadium
Mustang Bowl
Liberty Hill
Burnet

BEAST

Time to pull your skirt down Beast!

91 lion
09-18-2015, 10:23 PM
:hand:

Time to pull your skirt down Beast!

so how was the Brownwood crowd tonight? was it a good visitor turnout?

91 lion
09-18-2015, 10:25 PM
LOL! Who's irrelevant??? Your Fresh, your JV and Varsity owned this week.

its "our" 2nd-Holly.....not 'your'....."our" Fresh, JV and Varsity...;)

Hollyville
09-18-2015, 10:27 PM
its "our" 2nd-Holly.....not 'your'....."our" Fresh, JV and Varsity...;)

Was Alvarado ranked????

toddg
09-18-2015, 10:28 PM
so how was the Brownwood crowd tonight? was it a good visitor turnout?

I know it doesn't take much, but they somewhat filled the stands..
Good job by the Indians..that's Indian football.. Limit possessions and grind it out

Hollyville
09-18-2015, 10:29 PM
I'm thinking a legit #4 team wins this matchup by 21 easy.

91 lion
09-18-2015, 10:31 PM
Was Alvarado ranked????

who knows....im sure it depends on which poll youre looking at. i think in that 1 man Stephenville poll they were #2, but I cant confirm that bc i used it for bedding for my daughters hampster....that was the best use i could find for it.

.....but i think you missed the point....or just avoiding it

91 lion
09-18-2015, 10:34 PM
I know it doesn't take much, but they somewhat filled the stands..
Good job by the Indians..that's Indian football.. Limit possessions and grind it out

i agree. you guys stuck to your gameplan, and made improbable plays when you absolutely needed it....a sign of a very good team.

hollywood
09-18-2015, 10:36 PM
Great game! Glide I made the trip. The team that executed the best, won.

hollywood
09-18-2015, 10:37 PM
Great visiting with toddg as always! Glad to see 50yardlinefan as well

toddg
09-18-2015, 10:45 PM
Great visiting with toddg as always! Glad to see 50yardlinefan as well
Yeah that was greatness..and inspiring.. I need to get in shape like you Hollywood!!

bwdlionfan
09-18-2015, 10:45 PM
Alvarado had a great defensive game plan and it worked. Their OC also had some great calls on when to throw the ball. What was Alvarado on 4th down? 3 for 3? Maybe 4 for 4

Hollyville
09-18-2015, 10:47 PM
Alvarado had a great defensive game plan and it worked. Their OC also had some great calls on when to throw the ball. What was Alvarado on 4th down? 3 for 3? Maybe 4 for 4

Brownwood finally plays a real team! Back to reality.

Indians212
09-18-2015, 10:48 PM

What about that 4 foot 8 number 2. Rocket..... What a great game...

lostaussie
09-18-2015, 10:51 PM
ABSOLUTELY!!

just tell me when and where

Bob Sandlin.......TOMORROW:D

hollywood
09-18-2015, 10:51 PM
What about that 4 foot 8 number 2. Rocket..... What a great game...

He's what you a gamer!

Ville-D
09-18-2015, 11:42 PM
Alvarillo by 7

Just missed it. Nice job Alvarillo.

You best be gettin' ready VilleD is looking good this year. Especially against the run.

Ville-D
09-18-2015, 11:44 PM
JV and Frosh starting the sweep..
Varsity needs to complete it!!

Sweeeeeeeep

Ville-D
09-18-2015, 11:47 PM
Hmmmm.......

Thangs that make ya go.....

Gen.Pat
09-18-2015, 11:51 PM
Way to go Indains!!!!!! Big win over a Solid Brownwood team.

Ville-D
09-18-2015, 11:52 PM
Way to go Indains!!!!!! Big win over a Solid Brownwood team.

Solid is debatable.

LionFan72
09-19-2015, 01:50 AM
Solid is debatable.
We are still building souls and filling holes. Ville will not have automatic success this year, Great game by the Indians. That "little" running back is a beast. Time to get out the stitching thread out and sew up a few wounds, and grow the success of a fine start! Good luck to the Indians down the road,

toddg
09-19-2015, 05:48 AM
We are still building souls and filling holes. Ville will not have automatic success this year, Great game by the Indians. That "little" running back is a beast. Time to get out the stitching thread out and sew up a few wounds, and grow the success of a fine start! Good luck to the Indians down the road,
The Lions will be fine, good running game, playmakers on the outside, and a tenacious defense..they will have a good year no doubt and be a force in the playoffs!!

1st and goal
09-19-2015, 08:02 AM
Did Rocket crawl back into his troll hole?

hollywood
09-19-2015, 08:13 AM
Did Rocket crawl back into his troll hole?

Rocket only wrights checks when there is money in the bank... In other words, only when they are winning. So yes.. He is MIA until Brownwood wins against a formidable opponent. Aka.. The VILLE! Lol And that ain't happening! He will come out then unless Pojo takes it to the WOOD.

Hollyville
09-19-2015, 08:14 AM

Speaking of beast....where is BEAST!

Put Alvarado in the top 10; they beat Brownwood (Rocket and Beast logic).

Wayne
09-19-2015, 08:17 AM
Congrats on the win Alvarado.

Rocket
09-19-2015, 10:15 AM
No excuses! Alvarado was up for this one. Great job! Brownwood is a young, talented team that will learn from this and grow. Alvarado won, but not by much. Is it a shocker that Alvarado pulled out a win? Why would it be? Hmmmm.

I'm glad the Hollytwins got to see their Alma mater get beat last night. I'm sure it made their day.

I'm pulling for Alvarado this next week! Destroy the Ville!

Rocket
09-19-2015, 10:23 AM
Rocket only wrights checks when there is money in the bank... In other words, only when they are winning. So yes.. He is MIA until Brownwood wins against a formidable opponent. Aka.. The VILLE! Lol And that ain't happening! He will come out then unless Pojo takes it to the WOOD.

Are you my spokesperson? Lol this is our season to learn and grow and get better and also knock off some good teams while they are at it.
Don't speak for me. I post when I want and how I want. You guys act like Alvarado just owned Brownwood. This could have gone either way! Alvarado sure didn't want another minute on that clock... It worked out in their favor. Good job. How does this affect our postseason? It don't.

Rocket
09-19-2015, 10:29 AM

And fry 'em up!