PDA

View Full Version : Time to take The Wood seriously now?

clcannon17
09-12-2015, 01:16 PM
Brownwood has now won two games in a row against very good teams, plus a win against a solid Gatesville team (I know they're not great, but they are decent at least). I still don't see Brownwood as the best in the district, but I see it's going 9-1.

Alvarado will be a good test next week, but Brownwood should handle them and pull away in the 4th

I'm not sold on the Ville. They are a good team, yes, but not a top ten team imo. It should be a good game, but I've got the Wood winning it.

Wylie is the one team I'm sure will beat Brownwood, they are just too big and talented, if you ask me.

Considering I picked this team to go 6-4, I'm as shocked as y'all, but good to see the lions are back. Go Lions!

Hollyville
09-12-2015, 01:32 PM
Brownwood is not a top 10 team IMO! Brownwood will place 3 in district.

Bosqueville
09-12-2015, 01:42 PM

Maybe after 10-0?

Hollyville
09-12-2015, 02:26 PM
Welp! Graham has turned out to be nothing as far as winning against them. Liberty Hill? We will see but dont see them going far.

Hollyville
09-12-2015, 02:39 PM
If Graham would have played tight against Wylie, then a top 10 discussion warranted. Graham is 1-2 and Liberty Hill is 1-2; Gatesville 0-3. Play somebody!!! Then lets talk.

Bosqueville
09-12-2015, 02:41 PM
If Graham would have played tight against Wylie, then a top 10 discussion warranted. Graham is 1-2 and Liberty Hill is 1-2; Gatesville 0-3. Play somebody!!! Then lets talk.

Then please tell me Stephenville has no business there as well..

Hollyville
09-12-2015, 02:43 PM
Agree 100%!!! Ville not in top 20.

toddg
09-12-2015, 02:53 PM
Polls..are fools gold.. Where you're ranked doesn't mean anything..I could post the most accurate, scientific and accredited poll ever.. and it would still be debated, questioned, and still not mean anything at this point of the current football season.

Yoe_09
09-12-2015, 02:53 PM
Brownwood has now won two games in a row against very good teams, plus a win against a solid Gatesville team (I know they're not great, but they are decent at least). I still don't see Brownwood as the best in the district, but I see it's going 9-1.

Alvarado will be a good test next week, but Brownwood should handle them and pull away in the 4th

I'm not sold on the Ville. They are a good team, yes, but not a top ten team imo. It should be a good game, but I've got the Wood winning it.

Wylie is the one team I'm sure will beat Brownwood, they are just too big and talented, if you ask me.

Considering I picked this team to go 6-4, I'm as shocked as y'all, but good to see the lions are back. Go Lions!

Not sure about Gatesville being solid. Connally just beat them 23. Connally was outscored 122-26 in their first two loses to Cameron & China Spring. However, Cameron and China Spring are both really good. These results are all great to look at, but it's all about how you progress from now until you hit the playoffs. Looks like Brownwood is on the right track.

d0tc0m
09-12-2015, 03:34 PM
We may find that these first three wins don't amount to much, but at this point, I think the 3-0 start is a pretty good early-season resume for Brownwood. The question is can they continue to build on them and get better each week? I think they can and will. Sure will make for some exciting district games with playoff atmospheres.

And I for one love that Brownwood is 'back.' And I love that it has brought Beast and Rocket out of the shadows. Love them or hate them, they're entertaining.

clcannon17
09-12-2015, 03:58 PM

2nd, not 3rd, but I agree with the top ten, not this year, next year

clcannon17
09-12-2015, 04:04 PM
Not sure about Gatesville being solid. Connally just beat them 23. Connally was outscored 122-26 in their first two loses to Cameron & China Spring. However, Cameron and China Spring are both really good. These results are all great to look at, but it's all about how you progress from now until you hit the playoffs. Looks like Brownwood is on the right track.

Not saying Gatesville are a great team.
But certainly not bad, considering their score against the Ville

clcannon17
09-12-2015, 04:05 PM
Maybe after 10-0?

Lol, if your a Brownwood hater.

clcannon17
09-12-2015, 04:09 PM
Welp! Graham has turned out to be nothing as far as winning against them. Liberty Hill? We will see but dont see them going far.

Nothing? Overrated sure! But nothing?!?!?

clcannon17
09-12-2015, 04:10 PM
Polls..are fools gold.. Where you're ranked doesn't mean anything..I could post the most accurate, scientific and accredited poll ever.. and it would still be debated, questioned, and still not mean anything at this point of the current football season.

Bingo

clcannon17
09-12-2015, 04:11 PM
We may find that these first three wins don't amount to much, but at this point, I think the 3-0 start is a pretty good early-season resume for Brownwood. The question is can they continue to build on them and get better each week? I think they can and will. Sure will make for some exciting district games with playoff atmospheres.

And I for one love that Brownwood is 'back.' And I love that it has brought Beast and Rocket out of the shadows. Love them or hate them, they're entertaining.

They definitely spice up the forums lol

THE BEAST
09-12-2015, 04:45 PM
All we can do is play who is on our schedule. When we played Graham, they were ranked anywhere from #1 to #4. When we played Liberty Hill they were ranked #4. We won both. I am telling you, Brownwood is for real and will play a while. Dont take for granted this team. We may get beat by Wylie or Ville. But we CAN beat them both.

BEAST

91 lion
09-12-2015, 04:55 PM
All we can do is play who is on our schedule. When we played Graham, they were ranked anywhere from #1 to #4. When we played Liberty Hill they were ranked #4. We won both. I am telling you, Brownwood is for real and will play a while. Dont take for granted this team. We may get beat by Wylie or Ville. But we CAN beat them both.

BEAST

Ditto! Well said BEAST.

Rocket
09-12-2015, 05:12 PM
Everman is a Top 20 5A? nope

Leopardfan201
09-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Brownwood is a great team and will get far..but to when state u have too beat carthage or Navasota...region 3 is tough in both divisions...Carthage amd Navasota in D1...LG and WOS in D2

Red Carpet
09-12-2015, 05:26 PM
It's nice to see such genius on the forum. So what I gather from some of you "villes" is that it is only a big win if you so deem it!? Hmmmm I suspect Brownwood will keep winning and so feel free to let all of the pollsters and the rest of the fans know what is a big win. We woukd appreciate it.

ccmom
09-12-2015, 05:36 PM

BEAST
Two questions..
1. Why do you not use your original account? I just looked it up and it's still there with all your old posts.

2. Which poll was LH #4 in? I'm really not being a smarty for once...just wondering which poll you are using.

For the record, I tend to agree with you in that if Brownwood has beaten a highly ranked team two weeks in a row, for people to dismiss them by saying their opponent's were just overrated is kinda BS. Can you believe I agreed with you? ;)

Anyway, polls are all guesses anyway, and especially this early in the season. However, I don't think the poll makers can ignore what the Lions have done so far. District should be a blast!!

toddg
09-12-2015, 05:54 PM

BEAST
its almost embarrassing that the lions have to play little ole', (not in the top20) Alvarado this week huh?....thats ok, overlook all you want.

toddg
09-12-2015, 05:57 PM
they hangin their hat on Everman again?.....smh

Leopardfan201
09-12-2015, 06:02 PM
Two questions..
1. Why do you not use your original account? I just looked it up and it's still there with all your old posts.

2. Which poll was LH #4 in? I'm really not being a smarty for once...just wondering which poll you are using.

For the record, I tend to agree with you in that if Brownwood has beaten a highly ranked team two weeks in a row, for people to dismiss them by saying their opponent's were just overrated is kinda BS. Can you believe I agreed with you? ;)

Anyway, polls are all guesses anyway, and especially this early in the season. However, I don't think the poll makers can ignore what the Lions have done so far. District should be a blast!!

LH is not overrated they r very good..we beat them by 15 points..and graham dam sure ain't over rated

slingshot
09-12-2015, 06:29 PM
Again... been saying it since last year--Brownwood is good. I picked them to finish second in district behind us and go several rounds in the playoffs. I still believe that. I also still believe they will not beat us if we can stay reasonably healthy. They have a very good team... we're better--bigger, stronger, deeper. Next year? If Brownwood can keep everyone playing (which has been a HUGE problem for them for the last few years) the sky is the limit.

clcannon17
09-12-2015, 07:36 PM

BEAST

I typically do not like to bring up Carthage for obvious reasons, but in 2010 Carthage started 1-3. By all of these peoples' logic, the Carthage that beat the greatest lion team in history, is a bad team. The team that destroyed Coldspring-Oakhurst in the ST is a bad team. The team that three-peated is a bad team! Lol, please don't judge off the predistrict schedule.

clcannon17
09-12-2015, 07:37 PM
It's nice to see such genius on the forum. So what I gather from some of you "villes" is that it is only a big win if you so deem it!? Hmmmm I suspect Brownwood will keep winning and so feel free to let all of the pollsters and the rest of the fans know what is a big win. We woukd appreciate it.

Lol, they're spoiled. The lions have been humbled.

Hollyville
09-12-2015, 09:44 PM
Uh! Yep! 19 before the Ville game! Max prep!

Hollyville
09-12-2015, 09:46 PM

My respond above!

THE BEAST
09-12-2015, 10:04 PM
Two questions..

No clue what the password is. LOL. Also a new computer and different email than last account. Just thought it easier to start a new one. Send me the info and I will use the old one.
As for the LH ranking, Im going off of local news sources. Not 100% sure but I think it was the Harris ranking system that had LH at 4. Either way, they are a good and physical team.

BEAST

THE BEAST
09-12-2015, 10:06 PM
its almost embarrassing that the lions have to play little ole', (not in the top20) Alvarado this week huh?....thats ok, overlook all you want.

Aint nobody in The Wood overlooking you guys or any other team we play. It was just a short 9 days ago and we were the underdog to almost every team on the schedule.

BEAST

Hollyville
09-12-2015, 10:20 PM
No clue what the password is. LOL. Also a new computer and different email than last account. Just thought it easier to start a new one. Send me the info and I will use the old one.
As for the LH ranking, Im going off of local news sources. Not 100% sure but I think it was the Harris ranking system that had LH at 4. Either way, they are a good and physical team.

BEAST

Same thing happened to my old name. I just created a new name and password. Good to see you posting again.

ccmom
09-12-2015, 11:36 PM
I don't have any pull around here but I bet if you ask the big wigs, they can help you get back on your old account. Looks like you posted as recently as last year.

Harris still does polls? I'm way out of the loop, if so. :duh:

If my terrible memory serves me correctly, your oldest is a freshman this year, correct? Mine is an 8th grader so we will be making the trip to play Brownwood in a few weeks. Looking forward to it!!

ccmom
09-12-2015, 11:36 PM
Same thing happened to my old name. I just created a new name and password. Good to see you posting again.

What was your old username?

Hollyville
09-13-2015, 12:34 AM
What was your old username?

what is the answer to the "random question"! Trying to reset my password to my previous email address.

hollywood
09-13-2015, 11:45 AM

Since when does rankings matter? LOL! You know better Rocket.

hollywood
09-13-2015, 11:47 AM
what is the answer to the "random question"! Trying to reset my password to my previous email address.

Doesn't matter! You have more posts with Hollyville in the last week than ever with the old user name! LOL

Now keep giving us your perspective Hollyville... Great insight!

hollywood
09-13-2015, 11:49 AM
Aint nobody in The Wood overlooking you guys or any other team we play. It was just a short 9 days ago and we were the underdog to almost every team on the schedule.

BEAST

Brownwood thinks they have a target on their chest now. They way I see it, Lions playing with a chip on their shoulder! Keep it up... Brownwood makes Texas HS football better! Let's go Lions.. Keep it rolling. Will at least set up a competitive VILLE vs WOOD game this year for once in last few years.

hollywood
09-13-2015, 11:51 AM
Again... been saying it since last year--Brownwood is good. I picked them to finish second in district behind us and go several rounds in the playoffs. I still believe that. I also still believe they will not beat us if we can stay reasonably healthy. They have a very good team... we're better--bigger, stronger, deeper. Next year? If Brownwood can keep everyone playing (which has been a HUGE problem for them for the last few years) the sky is the limit.

You may be on to something slingshot. You don't always get the picks wright :D, but every now and then, you hit the jackpot.

Maybe you should visit Winstar soon. :wave:

hollywood
09-13-2015, 11:53 AM

BEAST
Where is your sig?! "Don't start none, won't be none?"

toddg
09-13-2015, 12:23 PM
Brownwood thinks they have a target on their chest now. They way I see it, Lions playing with a chip on their shoulder! Keep it up... Brownwood makes Texas HS football better! Let's go Lions.. Keep it rolling. Will at least set up a competitive VILLE vs WOOD game this year for once in last few years.

the Indians have excellent aim...robert conrad with a durecell batt. on his shoulder!!! baa baa baaaa

THE BEAST
09-13-2015, 02:53 PM
Where is your sig?! "Don't start none, won't be none?"

I guess its still on my old username.

BEAST

THE BEAST
09-13-2015, 02:55 PM
I don't have any pull around here but I bet if you ask the big wigs, they can help you get back on your old account. Looks like you posted as recently as last year.

Harris still does polls? I'm way out of the loop, if so. :duh:

If my terrible memory serves me correctly, your oldest is a freshman this year, correct? Mine is an 8th grader so we will be making the trip to play Brownwood in a few weeks. Looking forward to it!!

You are correct. My oldest is a freshman this year. Its kinda strange having a kid in high school.

BEAST

slingshot
09-13-2015, 08:22 PM
You are correct. My oldest is a freshman this year. Its kinda strange having a kid in high school.

BEASTIt gets weirder. Driving then dating then college then... :speech:

bearbear78
09-13-2015, 09:04 PM
It gets weirder. Driving then dating then college then... :speech:
Two graduated last year, still have a sophmore, 6th grader, 5th grader, 1st grader, and pre K........take a walk in my shoes! 2 boys 5 girls. We have one at A&M and ole number 20 says he may decide to play some more football next year.

THE BEAST
09-13-2015, 10:42 PM
Two graduated last year, still have a sophmore, 6th grader, 5th grader, 1st grader, and pre K........take a walk in my shoes! 2 boys 5 girls. We have one at A&M and ole number 20 says he may decide to play some more football next year.

Good lord man. 7 kids??? You are a brave hombre.

BEAST

bearbear78
09-13-2015, 11:58 PM
Good lord man. 7 kids??? You are a brave hombre.

BEAST
I'm a stud...what can I say. Mine , hers , and ours....the boys are mine and I must say this Clydesdale made some good colts.

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2015, 12:10 AM
It gets weirder. Driving then dating then college then... :speech:

It gets even worse..taking mine to celebrate her 21st birthday in NO in two weeks

JacketSwarm
09-14-2015, 03:16 PM

answer is not just no. but never. bunch of blabber mouth posters is all brownwood has that is for real.

FIRE AWAY!

91 lion
09-14-2015, 06:22 PM
answer is not just no. but never. bunch of blabber mouth posters is all brownwood has that is for real.

FIRE AWAY!

JacketSwarm = Rocket wannabe

You don't have sizzle....give it up. You rile up no one and you are reaching on your takes. Posters here love Rocket.....or love to hate him.....they just indifferently tolerate you....big difference.

I got it....take a stab at a civil post.....like ccmom or wos87.....that'll probably fit you better. Carry on.

ccmom
09-14-2015, 06:26 PM

You don't have sizzle....give it up. You rile up no one and you are reaching on your takes. Posters here love Rocket.....or love to hate him.....they just indifferently tolerate you....big difference.

I got it....take a stab at a civil post.....like ccmom or wos87.....that'll probably fit you better. Carry on.

Haha I'm not sure how to take that. I've gotten boring and nice over the years. It's kinda sad. ;)

Rocket
09-14-2015, 06:29 PM
Haha I'm not sure how to take that. I've gotten boring and nice over the years. It's kinda sad. ;)

What happened to you? You are boring now. LOL

91 lion
09-14-2015, 06:29 PM

Oh no....nothing but love for you ccmom....and much respect :)

91 lion
09-14-2015, 06:34 PM
What happened to you? You are boring now. LOL

No....not boring....just civil...but make no mistake....I....
1.Have Rocket and BEAST back
2.Call out nonsense
3.Loves that it all will be settled on the field
4.Have Rocket and BEAST back.....(just to make sure there's no confusion on that one)
5.Love my LIONS!!!

Bosqueville
09-14-2015, 06:38 PM

Oh no.. There's some spice there laying dormant. I see a dusting of it ever once in a while.

bearbear78
09-14-2015, 07:17 PM
Rocket does have more with about his trash jabber than Jacketswarm....I'm not saying a lot more, but more.

Now let's build a giant hamster ball, stick em both in it and enjoy the show.

91 lion
09-14-2015, 07:58 PM
Rocket does have more with about his trash jabber than Jacketswarm....I'm not saying a lot more, but more.

Lol....Swarm doesn't stand a chance..

BwdLion73
09-14-2015, 08:21 PM

Now there is something I would like to see.

I enjoy some good natured ribbing and it's good to be proud of you team or kids...but at the risk of being berated I will say some of this B.S. makes me cringe.

toddg
09-14-2015, 08:26 PM
You going to the game Friday?

BwdLion73
09-14-2015, 08:36 PM

toddg, If your asking me I'm stuck out of state with this pesky business. Guess I will depend on Dallas Huston or the down low to keep me informed.

toddg
09-14-2015, 08:43 PM
toddg, If your asking me I'm stuck out of state with this pesky business. Guess I will depend on Dallas Huston or the down low to keep me informed.
Going to be a rowdy crowd on the home side..we've been filling the stadium at our sub-varsity games.
Should be a great game..I know 83Indian will be updating.

BwdLion73
09-14-2015, 08:48 PM
It's one I hate to miss. I will be listening! LOL

ccmom
09-14-2015, 09:02 PM
Going to be a rowdy crowd on the home side..we've been filling the stadium at our sub-varsity games.
Should be a great game..I know 83Indian will be updating.

What is seating capacity there? I've never been there.

toddg
09-14-2015, 09:18 PM
What is seating capacity there? I've never been there.
Approx.2500
http://youtu.be/mNPuP0u0qPs

ccmom
09-14-2015, 09:33 PM
Approx.2500

Not many seats but that makes for a super fun atmosphere!!

Looks like a nice place...love the video!

bobcat1
09-14-2015, 09:39 PM
The title to this thread makes me chuckle. I mean come on..... Taking the wood???

Trashman
09-14-2015, 09:41 PM
Please don't take us seriously......

bwdlionfan
09-14-2015, 09:49 PM
Approx.2500

Who the heck are ya'll playing in that video? They didn't have any fans on the visitor side.

If the whole stadium seats 2,500... I'm guessing it's probably about 1,500 home and 1,000 visitor?

THE BEAST
09-14-2015, 10:31 PM

FIRE AWAY!
Come on man. Now you sound like what you called Brownwood posters. You guys havent set the world on fire and you know it.

BEAST

THE BEAST
09-14-2015, 10:35 PM
If 1/3 of our home fans attend the game, and they will, we will be standing room only.

BEAST

toddg
09-14-2015, 10:55 PM
If 1/3 of our home fans attend the game, and they will, we will be standing room only.

BEAST

That's what the ville guys said a couple of years ago..they actually fit rather nicely when all was said and done..my dream is a new stadium on the HS campus someday..but, with new turf, new scoreboard along with the new JH school..I'll have to wait a while for that!
To answer who we were playing..Diamond Hill-Jarvis.. They don't travele well, obviously lol!

toddg
09-14-2015, 10:58 PM
Who the heck are ya'll playing in that video? They didn't have any fans on the visitor side.

If the whole stadium seats 2,500... I'm guessing it's probably about 1,500 home and 1,000 visitor?
We've expanded some since that figure was published..I'm thinking the home side seats around 2000 now

toddg
09-14-2015, 11:01 PM

Coming from my senior son.. Very seriously.

ccmom
09-14-2015, 11:01 PM

No worries there!! :taunt:

toddg
09-14-2015, 11:04 PM
Not many seats but that makes for a super fun atmosphere!!

Looks like a nice place...love the video!

when I graduated 30 years ago..the bleachers were half as big, and the grass was real..but it was still nice at the time.

Rocket
09-14-2015, 11:06 PM
That's what the ville guys said a couple of years ago..they actually fit rather nicely when all was said and done..my dream is a new stadium on the HS campus someday..but, with new turf, new scoreboard along with the new JH school..I'll have to wait a while for that!
To answer who we were playing..Diamond Hill-Jarvis.. They don't travele well, obviously lol!

It is sad that a lot of towns do not travel well. Especially in the smaller levels and metroplex area.

Rocket
09-14-2015, 11:11 PM

Man...ccmom has turned into ccyawn. I remember when she would rip me apart like a slobbering Sandifer Bulldog. Now she just posts like a dud.

THE BEAST
09-14-2015, 11:17 PM

I can tell you this, if Ville didnt show up or if THE WOOD doesnt show up itll be because the fans did think theyd have a place to sit. I think its safe to say both teams fans are spoiled.

BEAST

slingshot
09-14-2015, 11:34 PM
It is sad that a lot of towns do not travel well. Especially in the smaller levels and metroplex area.For once we agree... many times at away games we will have more fans there than the home team.

bwdlionfan
09-15-2015, 06:22 AM
I can tell you this, if Ville didnt show up or if THE WOOD doesnt show up itll be because the fans did think theyd have a place to sit. I think its safe to say both teams fans are spoiled.

BEAST

The Brownwood Reunion Celebration starts this weekend so that may cause some to miss the game that would normally make it.

Trashman
09-15-2015, 08:05 AM
:inlove:

Ville-D
09-15-2015, 08:28 AM

I might be there...

ccmom
09-15-2015, 09:38 AM
Man...ccmom has turned into ccyawn. I remember when she would rip me apart like a slobbering Sandifer Bulldog. Now she just posts like a dud.

That was back in the days when I thought it was fun to make you look like a fool. Then I realized how much MORE fun it is to just sit back and watch you do it all on your own. :rolleyes:

slingshot
09-15-2015, 09:55 AM
That was back in the days when I thought it was fun to make you look like a fool. Then I realized how much MORE fun it is to just sit back and watch you do it all on your own. :rolleyes:Ouch. Zinger... She's baaack!

Ville-D
09-15-2015, 10:00 AM
Ouch. Zinger... She's baaack!

Somebody over there needs to get Garcia riled up...

Remember these:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1403040/Images/noexcusescopy-1.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1403040/Images/Rocketcorona01copy-1-1.jpg

JacketSwarm
09-15-2015, 10:01 AM

i dont pretend on here. i dont fire shots i cant backup. rocket rubs his brothers hiney then fires blank bullets. beast and rocket cant admit the JACKETS kick the crap out of brownwood every year. that will not change any time soon. thats why they are such haters. i speak the truth and the truth hurts them. come out and play dream weavers.

FIRE AWAY!

hollywood
09-15-2015, 10:07 AM
I might be there...

I might go as well.

hollywood
09-15-2015, 10:09 AM
Somebody over there needs to get Garcia riled up...

Remember these:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1403040/Images/noexcusescopy-1.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1403040/Images/Rocketcorona01copy-1-1.jpg

:spitlol:

Wholly shite... That is hilarious! I forgot about those. Garcia was the best man! Where is that cat? Or should I say, dawg?

toddg
09-15-2015, 11:02 AM
Don't have a kid in junior high this year... They playing today?

Smitty
09-15-2015, 12:37 PM
Friday night in Alvarado, then Saturday afternoon in Lubbock.....sounds like a plan.

91 lion
09-15-2015, 01:17 PM
i dont pretend on here. i dont fire shots i cant backup. rocket rubs his brothers hiney then fires blank bullets. beast and rocket cant admit the JACKETS kick the crap out of brownwood every year. that will not change any time soon. thats why they are such haters. i speak the truth and the truth hurts them. come out and play dream weavers.

FIRE AWAY!

That's cute.

techex95
09-15-2015, 01:45 PM

Liberty Hill has played some pretty good opponents in their first 3 games. They started out with LaGrange, then 5A Brenham, and then Brownwood. i would say that them being 1-2 does not make them a nobody. They did play 15 games last year.

bearbear78
09-15-2015, 02:08 PM
That's cute.

He's Rocket inspired, but he just doesn't have it.

Cam
09-15-2015, 02:31 PM
Let me bring you "Songs from the Wood!"......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqlKgxWLkTw

Ville-D
09-15-2015, 02:46 PM
Let me bring you "Songs from the Wood!"......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqlKgxWLkTw

I feel better now.

91 lion
09-15-2015, 05:42 PM

Lol.....awsome.

Almost as good as your manly kerosene reference....that was good.

bobcat1
09-15-2015, 07:18 PM
Rocket back in the day!
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/259/c71article1010586imagel.jpg
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/63/imagescasgo1y3.jpg

hollywood
09-15-2015, 08:42 PM
Rocket back in the day!
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/259/c71article1010586imagel.jpg
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/63/imagescasgo1y3.jpg

Hahahahaha... Classic bobcat1!!

THE BEAST
09-15-2015, 10:10 PM

FIRE AWAY!
Yall have had the upper hand as of late. We still own the all time record. We will beat you guys this season.

BEAST

Rocket
09-15-2015, 10:12 PM

FIRE AWAY!

Every year? Like 2010? Oh. When a 3A beat a good 4A? LOL

THE BEAST
09-15-2015, 10:22 PM
Every year? Like 2010? Oh. When a 3A beat a good 4A? LOL

Its ok Rocket. Let him fell good about having the upper hand. Its coming to end very soon.

BEAST

Rocket
09-15-2015, 10:35 PM
Its ok Rocket. Let him fell good about having the upper hand. Its coming to end very soon.

BEAST

It's already over. They just don't see it yet.

Leopardfan201
09-15-2015, 11:13 PM
Liberty Hill has played some pretty good opponents in their first 3 games. They started out with LaGrange, then 5A Brenham, and then Brownwood. i would say that them being 1-2 does not make them a nobody. They did play 15 games last year.

LH is the best team on our schedule we will play during the regular season..they r a very good team and will go real far in postseason

Rocket
09-16-2015, 12:49 AM
LH is the best team on our schedule we will play during the regular season..they r a very good team and will go real far in postseason

If that's true, Brownwood should win a state championship with ease...

JacketSwarm
09-16-2015, 07:03 AM
Yall have had the upper hand as of late. We still own the all time record. We will beat you guys this season.

BEAST

i would say more than upper hand. call it the superior hand. brownwood has lost to stephenville 17 times and won only 5 times in the past 25 years. talk about sucking it up. no changes coming from brownwood anytime soon. same ole same ole average teams.

FIRE AWAY!

bwdlionfan
09-16-2015, 07:09 AM
i would say more than upper hand. call it the superior hand. brownwood has lost to stephenville 17 times and won only 5 times in the past 25 years. talk about sucking it up. no changes coming from brownwood anytime soon. same ole same ole average teams.

FIRE AWAY!

I'll admit you guys have turned the tables on us the past couple of decades. But I have a question for you. If you call 17 to 5 "superior," what do you call the 0-24-1 you went to us the previous 25 years?

Tides can turn. It turned 25 years ago. Now it's turning back.

panfan
09-16-2015, 07:14 AM
If that's true, Brownwood should win a state championship with ease...

rocket, rocket rocket, rocket - you are gonna find out, come post season how good we are. Carry on.

JacketSwarm
09-16-2015, 07:19 AM
I'll admit you guys have turned the tables on us the past couple of decades. But I have a question for you. If you call 17 to 5 "superior," what do you call the 0-24-1 you went to us the previous 25 years?

Tides can turn. It turned 25 years ago. Now it's turning back.

i agree on previous 25 years. but this is today. it is not turning back. brownwood has barely won their games against average teams this season. play someone before you think its turning it back around. dooms day October 9. The Stephenville Yellow Jackets will exude superior power over the poor little lions again.

FIRE AWAY!

JacketSwarm
09-16-2015, 07:20 AM

Phony

FIRE AWAY!

JacketSwarm
09-16-2015, 07:23 AM
I got a question. how many brownwood posters actually played varsity football? rocket? beast? bwddlionfan? 91 lion?

FIRE AWAY!

Hollyville
09-16-2015, 07:31 AM

Why do you expect us to see it; Lions haven't proved a thing yet? Especially the last 5 years.

Hollyville
09-16-2015, 07:35 AM
I got a question. how many brownwood posters actually played varsity football? rocket? beast? bwddlionfan? 91 lion?

FIRE AWAY!

Crickets???

hollywood
09-16-2015, 07:51 AM

FIRE AWAY!

Ooooo, burn! Lol Uh, I think this guy just called out some Lions! Lol

Well JacketSwarm, I am actually a Brownwood alum who played varsity football. But this is pretty funny to be honest. Carry on.

bearbear78
09-16-2015, 08:33 AM
Phony

FIRE AWAY!
Irony is you calling anyone fake. ..when the jackets went down to Graham you were history!!!! The real Ville fans stuck around! That's the difference between mice and men!

bearbear78
09-16-2015, 08:35 AM
No program gets to be king of the hill forever....what amazes me is some actually can't comprehend that fact.

jason
09-16-2015, 10:07 AM
some polls don't even have brownwood in top 25...

http://stephenvillecomputers.com/poll.html

bwdlionfan
09-16-2015, 10:27 AM

FIRE AWAY!

I'll bite. I didn't play varsity. I stopped playing sophomore year. I do regret that I stopped playing though. I tore the same muscle in my back in back to back years and decided not to play anymore. I've been around it my entire life and have coached/scouted at the middle school and varsity level.

Red Carpet
09-16-2015, 11:49 AM
Oh yea....well my dad can beat up your dad!..........idiot

clcannon17
09-16-2015, 12:44 PM

FIRE AWAY!

Your opinion is irrelevant. You wanna attack with ad hominems, fine, considering you are a jackets fan that only knows how to blow crap out of his mouth without an actual intellectual argument.

bearbear78
09-16-2015, 01:57 PM
I'll bite. I didn't play varsity. I stopped playing sophomore year. I do regret that I stopped playing though. I tore the same muscle in my back in back to back years and decided not to play anymore. I've been around it my entire life and have coached/scouted at the middle school and varsity level.
Not sure why he even came up with this question. It's right after he says it's about today only. Well I'm pretty sure he's not playing today. Just a dumb question from a dumb guy.

91 lion
09-16-2015, 02:52 PM

FIRE AWAY!

I played basketball.....by choice, and had the fortune of watching the Lions every week for four years virtually every game, home and away.....

And before you even get started, we dominated in basketball also. We went 29-1 in district my 3 years of varsity and we're #2 in the state behind Port Arthur Lincoln. We won 27 games in a row my junior year.....and SPANKED Sville by 40 all 3 times. We were damn good, and I have the skins to prove it...I didn't have to play to know that I would have taken you to school on the grid iron.....ask anyone that knows me.....and since you asked the question, i assume you played football, but for you, its pretty sad to know that I would beat you in your own sport......

toddg
09-16-2015, 03:22 PM
I played basketball.....by choice, and had the fortune of watching the Lions every week for four years virtually every game, home and away.....

And before you even get started, we dominated in basketball also. We went 29-1 in district my 3 years of varsity and we're #2 in the state behind Port Arthur Lincoln. We won 27 games in a row my junior year.....and SPANKED Sville by 40 all 3 times. We were damn good, and I have the skins to prove it...I didn't have to play to know that I would have taken you to school on the grid iron.....ask anyone that knows me.....and since you asked the question, i assume you played football, but for you, its pretty sad to know that I would beat you in your own sport......

nothin' but net!

Rocket
09-16-2015, 04:47 PM

FIRE AWAY!

I played basketball for 3 years and quit my senior year. I coached at Brownwood for 4 years. I was on the field the night Brownwood rolled into the Ville and beat your'98 team, which was probably the most talented team you guys ever put on the field. That was fun and funny. That really has nothing to do with me getting on the board and saying how much your team sucks.

Hollyville
09-16-2015, 06:14 PM
I played basketball for 3 years and quit my senior year. I coached at Brownwood for 4 years. I was on the field the night Brownwood rolled into the Ville and beat your'98 team, which was probably the most talented team you guys ever put on the field. That was fun and funny. That really has nothing to do with me getting on the board and saying how much your team sucks.

Agree! I was in the band, but never missed a Friday night game. So I know music and football.

JacketSwarm
09-16-2015, 06:49 PM

funny

FIRE AWAY!

JacketSwarm
09-16-2015, 06:49 PM

weird

FIRE AWAY!

JacketSwarm
09-16-2015, 06:50 PM

sad case and excuses

FIRE AWAY!

JacketSwarm
09-16-2015, 06:52 PM

fail

FIRE AWAY!

JacketSwarm
09-16-2015, 06:54 PM
Not sure why he even came up with this question. It's right after he says it's about today only. Well I'm pretty sure he's not playing today. Just a dumb question from a dumb guy.

glad you cared to read my dumb posts. what does that say about you? you know you would rather be a Jacket fan.

its about Jackets, Jesus and football.

FIRE AWAY!

hollywood
09-16-2015, 06:59 PM
Agree! I was in the band, but never missed a Friday night game. So I know music and football.

Don't forget, drum major! Hollyville would have been an awesome football player if allowed to play. ;)

hollywood
09-16-2015, 06:59 PM
nothin' but net!

Swish!!!

Hollyville
09-16-2015, 07:15 PM
Don't forget, drum major! Hollyville would have been an awesome football player if allowed to play. ;)

Doubt it, too much talent on the team....glad I was in the band. David Riker, Joe Reeves, Jason Alred, Sammy Burnet, Kevin Creager, Paul Infinger, Dusty Fisher, Brad Sharp just to name a few......Lions were stacked deep with talent in 87 and 88. All very good friends thought and it was fun being a fan.

91 lion
09-16-2015, 07:31 PM
funny

FIRE AWAY!

Bravo, the one word replies suit you well and make you sound waaaaaaay more intelligent......I think you should stick to it....instead of.....

.......er, shooting blanks.....er, er, dreamweaver

bearbear78
09-16-2015, 09:21 PM
glad you cared to read my dumb posts. what does that say about you? you know you would rather be a Jacket fan.

its about Jackets, Jesus and football.

FIRE AWAY!

Somebody forgot to tell the Steers that last season. We had your Jackets praying to Jesus " please father make this stop"!

bearbear78
09-16-2015, 09:23 PM
Bravo, the one word replies suit you well and make you sound waaaaaaay more intelligent......I think you should stick to it....instead of.....

.......er, shooting blanks.....er, er, dreamweaver

Isn't it funny though? He gets himself completely WRECKED here and stoops to one liner attempts. You can tell Rocket let him live with momma growing up.

Hollyville
09-16-2015, 09:24 PM
Somebody forgot to tell the Steers that last season. We had your Jackets praying to Jesus " please father make this stop"!

Your allowing Swarm to get under your skin.

bearbear78
09-16-2015, 09:29 PM
Your allowing Swarm to get under your skin.
Oh no, not at all....hes a great punching bag in the shootouts on here for sure.

bearbear78
09-16-2015, 09:41 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/16/68d81adf85b057403d1170bdc71a6517.jpgJacketSwarm really did play ball...I found an old photo of him stretching on the sideline.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Ville-D
09-16-2015, 09:45 PM
Rocket and Swarm:

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/files/2012/05/lance-closet-10.jpg

A couple of Internet Trolls.

Ville-D
09-16-2015, 09:48 PM
Isn't it funny though? He gets himself completely WRECKED here and stoops to one liner attempts. You can tell Rocket let him live with momma growing up.

I just cannot believe how the reappearance of Swarm has made Bear buddy up the the Lion clan? I guess the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Before Swarm showed up y'all were goin' at each other... Deep down Swarm is a "unite'r"?

hollywood
09-16-2015, 10:12 PM
Rocket and Swarm:

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/files/2012/05/lance-closet-10.jpg

A couple of Internet Trolls.

LOL... both twollers!

91 lion
09-16-2015, 10:19 PM
I just cannot believe how the reappearance of Swarm has made Bear buddy up the the Lion clan? I guess the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Before Swarm showed up y'all were goin' at each other... Deep down Swarm is a "unite'r"?

We were going at eachother pretty good....and sure we will again in the near future....but the difference is, I (speaking for myself) see bear as a worthy adversary in intellect and team pride....and class....plus, I've learned that we have a similar motto (ala BEAST)......don't start none, won't be none.

None of this description applies to Swarm...

......that......is all.

bearbear78
09-16-2015, 10:28 PM

You got that all wrong, I like 91 lion, he's alright. I like some Ville folks too, Rocket and swarm are not among my favorite folks. Rocket is much better at being a jack arse than swarm is. Swarm tries to hard and I do think rockets a natural.

bearbear78
09-16-2015, 10:32 PM
I do know there are some other good folks in the wood...I know there are some other good Ville folks and I also know at some point I will rile them up. It's in fun, they love their program as I do mine....some just lose the ability to have a shootout and keep it good fun. And like most of us id like a little more challenging debates vs "yall suck".. .

hollywood
09-16-2015, 10:32 PM
We were going at eachother pretty good....and sure we will again in the near future....but the difference is, I (speaking for myself) see bear as a worthy adversary in intellect and team pride....and class....plus, I've learned that we have a similar motto (ala BEAST)......don't start none, won't be none.

None of this description applies to Swarm...

......that......is all.

You crack me up 91 lion. Intellectually, humor, and even satire. Good ole Brownwood education, huh?

BTW, bear is a pretty cool fella. Recommended a bbq joint north of Mineral Wells last year before the VILLE vs Graham game. Great place!

bearbear78
09-16-2015, 10:36 PM
You crack me up 91 lion. Intellectually, humor, and even satire. Good ole Brownwood education, huh?

BTW, bear is a pretty cool fella. Recommended a bbq joint north of Mineral Wells last year before the VILLE vs Graham game. Great place!

Did you just say I have no intellectual abilities?

Aweeeeee nah you didnt....

bearbear78
09-16-2015, 10:37 PM

Are there Friday and it's even better.

THE BEAST
09-16-2015, 10:38 PM

FIRE AWAY!

Its coming bud. Oh my its coming. Yall had a home game last week against Everman. Thats become a really good game for both squads the last 10 years or so. We were your fans? They dont believe anymore? HMMMMM

BEAST

THE BEAST
09-16-2015, 10:40 PM

FIRE AWAY!

3 years worth here. And?

BEAST

91 lion
09-16-2015, 10:43 PM

Yep....Brownwood education....aaaaaaaand about 8 extra years of schooling after that...but I can still hear Mrs. Stovall and Coach Gab in my ears from time to time.

bearbear78
Its coming bud. Oh my its coming. Yall had a home game last week against Everman. Thats become a really good game for both squads the last 10 years or so. We were your fans? They dont believe anymore? HMMMMM

BEAST
Ville has a good fan following. Classy too.

hollywood
Did you just say I have no intellectual abilities?

Aweeeeee nah you didnt....

Que amigo? Usted tiene mucho cerveza?

bearbear78
09-16-2015, 10:44 PM

No, too much rootbeer. I gave up cerveza.

91 lion
09-16-2015, 10:52 PM

.......and Mrs. Leverett must be in your ear, huh?

hollywood
09-16-2015, 10:54 PM
.......and Mrs. Leverett must be in your ear, huh?

Hahahaha... Yes! One of my favorites.

91 lion
09-16-2015, 10:58 PM
Hahahaha... Yes! One of my favorites.

.......;)

toddg
09-17-2015, 06:42 AM
Yep....Brownwood education....aaaaaaaand about 8 extra years of schooling after that...but I can still hear Mrs. Stovall and Coach Gab in my ears from time to time.
8 years? Man! What do you do?

91 lion
09-17-2015, 07:39 AM
8 years? Man! What do you do?

I treat athletes....pretty sure my company has treated a few kids from the teams that post on here.

Rocket
09-17-2015, 08:43 AM
You got that all wrong, I like 91 lion, he's alright. I like some Ville folks too, Rocket and swarm are not among my favorite folks. Rocket is much better at being a jack arse than swarm is. Swarm tries to hard and I do think rockets a natural.

You would love me in real life. It's all shtick, bro.

clcannon17
09-17-2015, 11:50 AM

Everyone loves rocket, even it's who tend to read more than chat. You being a lion fan helps too though.

bearbear78
09-17-2015, 01:58 PM

I don't doubt that. You're a worthy opponent in the game of trash talk for sure. I'm sure you put even more effort into the game of life. I enjoy the fun here. Keeps me lightened up for real life challenges.

nobogey72
09-17-2015, 02:33 PM
From my perspective The Ville and the Wood are just alike. All I know is that a good dentist could make a fortune in both towns. :taunt:

hollywood
09-17-2015, 02:50 PM
From my perspective The Ville and the Wood are just alike. All I know is that a good dentist could make a fortune in both towns. :taunt:

We have excellent dentists AND orthodontists in Stephenville. With a athletic program as successful as Stephenville's, puts a smile on everyone. Excellent dental care is a must. :D

nobogey72
09-17-2015, 03:20 PM
We have excellent dentists AND orthodontists in Stephenville. With a athletic program as successful as Stephenville's, puts a smile on everyone. Excellent dental care is a must. :D

I have to admit my comment was aimed more at Brownwoo (d left off intentionally), but thought I might as well take a cheap shot at both towns while I was at it.

ronwx5x
09-17-2015, 03:29 PM
Everyone loves rocket, even it's who tend to read more than chat. You being a lion fan helps too though.Wrong!

Ville-D
09-17-2015, 03:41 PM
I have to admit my comment was aimed more at Brownwoo (d left off intentionally), but thought I might as well take a cheap shot at both towns while I was at it.

I'll tell you what surprised me... I went to the Graham/Argyle game last year and sat on the Argyle side in the first half... The amount of toothless rednecks in the Argyle crowd really caught me off guard. Maybe it was some of the local cedar hackers that sat on the visitor side, but it was impressive.

Both of the Hollys were there with me and can back me up on this...

Rocket
09-17-2015, 03:47 PM

I was hoping you would show up. You can always tell when nobogey has been around. The toilet's not flushed and the cat is pregnant.

nobogey72
09-17-2015, 03:48 PM
I'll tell you what surprised me... I went to the Graham/Argyle game last year and sat on the Argyle side in the first half... The amount of toothless rednecks in the Argyle crowd really caught me off guard. Maybe it was some of the local cedar hackers that sat on the visitor side, but it was impressive.

You sure those weren't Brownwoo fans just checking out their State Championship Game opponent. They are 3-0 you know, and are unbeatable. "Bottle Rocket" might have been one of them. From what I remember of him he was "enamel challenged".

nobogey72
09-17-2015, 03:50 PM
I was hoping you would show up. You can always tell when nobogey has been around. The toilet's not flushed and the cat is pregnant.

We don't have a cat. But, our goat has not been herself lately. You been to my house again?

Rocket
09-17-2015, 03:52 PM
You sure those weren't Brownwoo fans just checking out their State Championship Game opponent. They are 3-0 you know, and are unbeatable. "Bottle Rocket" might have been one of them. From what I remember of him he was "enamel challenged".

I grew up in West Texas, so yeah my teeth had a little too much fluoride. But I had it fixed way back. If I remember, nobogey is ugly, and botox and makeup and nobody can fix it.

Rocket
09-17-2015, 03:54 PM
We don't have a cat. But, our goat has not been herself lately. You been to my house again?

You would know why the goat is walking funny. I don't know where you live. Probably in some horrible place like Jim Ned after you were banned from Wylie for increasing the cat population by 300% in 3 months.

91 lion
09-17-2015, 05:25 PM
You would know why the goat is walking funny. I don't know where you live. Probably in some horrible place like Jim Ned after you were banned from Wylie for increasing the cat population by 300% in 3 months.

Jim Ned? Rocket, you're giving him too much credit. Pretty sure that "no birdie" is from Merkel or Lawn. Last I heard, he was living in a trailer in Abilene State Park, but I can't confirm that.

slingshot
09-17-2015, 05:51 PM
Wow! A nobogey72 sighting! Was beginning to think me and ccmom were going to have to represent Wylie on here all by our lonesomes...

Hollyville
09-17-2015, 05:56 PM

I have your back on this for sure. Argyle side was full of toothless rednecks. Or maybe it was just a few that stood out or one that never sat down.....you know the one with the wife beater shirt.

hollywood
09-17-2015, 07:11 PM
I have your back on this for sure. Argyle side was full of toothless rednecks. Or maybe it was just a few that stood out or one that never sat down.....you know the one with the wife beater shirt.

Lol.. The one with the pink sweat towel draped over his shoulder?

nobogey72
09-18-2015, 09:46 AM
[QUOTE=Hollyville;1871141]I have your back on this for sure. Argyle side was full of toothless

I'm sure that Argyle has a pretty drastic "haves" and "have nots" situation. I'm sure you guys saw some of those massive horse farms and gigantic houses around that area. There is plenty of money in that area, but evidently there are some other end of the spectrum areas as well. We are excited at Wylie because they are building a 400 unit apartment complex directly across the street from Wylie High School as we speak. That will be the first complex ever in the school district. Some people don't want it and are mad, but the way I figure it, it will help us be able to run a few toss sweeps and will help our sprint relay.

slingshot
09-18-2015, 10:08 AM
[QUOTE=Hollyville;1871141]I have your back on this for sure. Argyle side was full of toothless

I'm sure that Argyle has a pretty drastic "haves" and "have nots" situation. I'm sure you guys saw some of those massive horse farms and gigantic houses around that area. There is plenty of money in that area, but evidently there are some other end of the spectrum areas as well. We are excited at Wylie because they are building a 400 unit apartment complex directly across the street from Wylie High School as we speak. That will be the first complex ever in the school district. Some people don't want it and are mad, but the way I figure it, it will help us be able to run a few toss sweeps and will help our sprint relay.I've heard from reliable sources that is just the 1st of at least 3 apartment complexes in Wylie ISD... a friend who is in the AISD administration told me that their long term growth models have Wylie being the largest school in Abilene within 12-15 years, maybe sooner. Cooper is land-locked and A-High's only growth area is 351 on the north side. Just glad all of mine will be long graduated.

91 lion
09-18-2015, 02:24 PM

I'm sure that Argyle has a pretty drastic "haves" and "have nots" situation. I'm sure you guys saw some of those massive horse farms and gigantic houses around that area. There is plenty of money in that area, but evidently there are some other end of the spectrum areas as well. We are excited at Wylie because they are building a 400 unit apartment complex directly across the street from Wylie High School as we speak. That will be the first complex ever in the school district. Some people don't want it and are mad, but the way I figure it, it will help us be able to run a few toss sweeps and will help our sprint relay.

What is that supposed to mean nobogey??

HEMOTOXIC
09-18-2015, 02:26 PM
[QUOTE=nobogey72;1871207]

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to seem like the odd man.

91 lion
09-18-2015, 02:28 PM
[QUOTE=91 lion;1871239]

On a flight....but, I will be checking back in.

Nobogey, please feel free to explain.....

Sweetwater Red
09-18-2015, 02:48 PM

On a flight....but, I will be checking back in.

Nobogey, please feel free to explain.....

Somebody is in trouble!

Don't worry though nobogey. 91 lion in like 5'6" and about 150 lbs. :devil:

toddg
09-18-2015, 03:11 PM
Somebody is in trouble!

Don't worry though nobogey. 91 lion in like 5'6" and about 150 lbs. :devil:yeah right!! haha those numbers on the height are switched

Sweetwater Red
09-18-2015, 03:45 PM
yeah right!! haha those numbers on the height are switched

:D :stirpot:

91 lion
09-18-2015, 04:51 PM

I_DONT_CARE
09-18-2015, 06:48 PM
YAWN :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

91 lion
09-18-2015, 07:30 PM
YAWN :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Imagine that....

hollywood
09-18-2015, 08:39 PM
Guess Alvarado is for real if Brownwood is for real. Alvarado leads 9-7 at the half.

Hollyville
09-18-2015, 10:13 PM
Guess Alvarado is for real if Brownwood is for real. Alvarado leads 9-7 at the half.

Nope! Brownwood is a good team; not a great team. And shouldn't be and will be no longer be in the top 20. Fraud!!!!

Hollyville
09-18-2015, 10:15 PM
Rocket's bank account is gone; can only write hot checks.

bobcat1
09-18-2015, 10:16 PM
Somebody is in trouble!

Don't worry though nobogey. 91 lion in like 5'6" and about 150 lbs. :devil:

:D :stirpot:
I know Red knows better. 91 Lion is a very big man and a goodun too.

Hollyville
09-18-2015, 10:17 PM
I'm guessing BEAST and Rocket will both go away. Maybe in 5 years they return? Oh wait, their JV and Freahman team got donkey stomped too. BYE!!

91 lion
09-18-2015, 10:46 PM
I'm guessing BEAST and Rocket will both go away. Maybe in 5 years they return? Oh wait, their JV and Freahman team got donkey stomped too. BYE!!

not 'their'.....'our'.....

91 lion
09-18-2015, 10:47 PM
I know Red knows better. 91 Lion is a very big man and a goodun too.

its bc of all those slabs that I eat ;)

Hollyville
09-18-2015, 10:48 PM
not 'their'.....'our'.....

LOL!! Ok then "our"!

91 lion
09-18-2015, 10:51 PM
LOL!! Ok then "our"!

thats better! there's hope for you yet....

Hollyville
09-18-2015, 10:56 PM
I agree! 91 Lion is a class act!!!

91 lion
09-18-2015, 11:04 PM
I agree! 91 Lion is a class act!!!

i appreciate the that. now, if we can just get 'no-show72' acclimated to the 21st century, we can resume jabbing eachother on our lively threads.

c'mon back no-show. i dont bite. luckily,we live in a forgiving society.....

toddg
09-18-2015, 11:20 PM
To answer the original question of this thread..we took Brownwood very seriously!!

Ville-D
09-18-2015, 11:57 PM
I guess Alvarado owns this thread now...

hollywood
09-19-2015, 12:01 AM
Facts: Brownwood's opponents' records through 4 games is 6-10. Alvarado is the only team Brownwood has played with a winning record.

Ville-D
09-19-2015, 12:26 AM
Facts: Brownwood's opponents' records through 4 games is 6-10. Alvarado is the only team Brownwood has played with a winning record.

Rocket don't need no stinking facts.

Leopardfan201
09-19-2015, 12:28 AM
I wouldn't consider Brownwood or Alvarado a elite team

Ville-D
09-19-2015, 12:33 AM

7-3 now? 6-4? 5-5? Lets hear your rationale...

toddg
09-19-2015, 05:52 AM
I wouldn't consider Brownwood or Alvarado a elite team
Maybe not elite by somes standards..but very tough teams that play hard good football.

Wayne
09-19-2015, 08:20 AM
Last week Brownwood posters stayed up all night discussing there Championship run they were on. Looks like this week they are sleeping in.

hollywood
09-19-2015, 08:27 AM
Last week Brownwood posters stayed up all night discussing there Championship run they were on. Looks like this week they are sleeping in.

Boards would have blown up last night and into this morning if Brownwood would have won. They lost so it's still sleepy time in the Jungle.

bwdlionfan
09-19-2015, 09:17 AM

Keep in mind some probably didn't get home until 1:00 AM. Then again some may not show for awhile. Alvarado kept our offense off balance all night. I thought we got a little impatient on a couple of drives where we were moving it on the ground and then would try to go deep. Our passing game never got going against their defense. Alvarado had a good game plan and it worked.

hollywood
09-19-2015, 09:31 AM
Keep in mind some probably didn't get home until 1:00 AM. Then again some may not show for awhile. Alvarado kept our offense off balance all night. I thought we got a little impatient on a couple of drives where we were moving it on the ground and then would try to go deep. Our passing game never got going against their defense. Alvarado had a good game plan and it worked.

BW QB Lewis was off all night. He missed several open receivers either by under throwing or over throwing. And I agree, Alvarado had a good game plan and they executed it enough to work.

91 lion
09-19-2015, 11:55 AM

Pretty sure I posted more last night than I did last weekend after a win..

Hollyville
09-19-2015, 12:02 PM
Pretty sure I posted more last night than I did last weekend after a win..

No doubt!

LionFan72
09-19-2015, 02:03 PM
If we stay healthy, we will win over Stephenville, get over it! Guess y'all or Big Springs playing for 3rd an 4th>

bwdlionfan
09-19-2015, 11:24 PM
If we stay healthy, we will win over Stephenville, get over it! Guess y'all or Big Springs playing for 3rd an 4th>

Stay healthy? We've got to get healthy first. We lost two more last night on defense in the 4th quarter. I haven't heard what their injuries were though. We really need Diaz out there on defense. He hasn't played at all this season yet.

Hollyville
09-20-2015, 08:10 AM
[QUOTE=LionFan72;1871955]If we stay healthy, we will win over Stephenville, get over it! Guess y'all or Big Springs playing for 3rd an 4th>[/QUOTE

Then I hope the Lions stay healthy! Anything can happen. Come October 9th, Jackets want a healthy Lion team. Bring it!!!

hollywood
09-20-2015, 08:37 AM
Mark it down. Remember it, Lions will not have an easy game Oct 9th. Brownwood still acting like they're going to roll in and roll the Jackets. That... Will not happen. Period.

LionFan72
09-20-2015, 08:49 AM
Yap, yap, yap, Where did I say it would be easy? It is a game of high schoolers, never know which ones broke up with their girlfriend, kicked their dogs, or gasolined a yellow jacket nest. Time will tell, but you better pay attention!