PDA

View Full Version : Taylor @ La Grange

Pudlugger
09-12-2015, 10:28 AM
Ducks come into Leopard Stadium with hopes of giving the Leps their first home field loss since 2011 on Homecoming night. They are 1-2 coming of two straight losses to 3A Rockdale and Halletsville after a narrow victory over Robinson 43-41 in week one. The lep offense ought to hang 30+ points on the Ducks before Coach Kates puts in the subs in the 3rd quarter but anything can happen. Will the Leps continue to roll? I say yes big time.

Leopardfan201
09-12-2015, 01:44 PM
Give LG by 40

Pudlugger
09-12-2015, 02:00 PM
I don't think Kates will run up the score like that especially when he puts everyone in for experience in the second half. We'll score 40+ imo but our second and third D will give up a couple of late tds like in Columbus. It messes with your stats and in the power ratings but in the end it pays off when you have developed depth for the late playoff runs.

Any word on Siptak? He limped off the field late in the 2nd half last night and didn't play thereafter. Hope he will be back in play soon.

Leopardfan201
09-12-2015, 02:12 PM
I'm sure he will..he's a tough young man

solocam
09-12-2015, 04:18 PM
Give LG by 40

I agree

Pudlugger
09-12-2015, 07:00 PM
I agree

Look I know Taylor is 1-2 but if you look at their record they are putting up some points, 115 points in three games or 38points per game. Rockdale and Hallettsville are two ranked 3a teams and the Ducks put up 70 points on them combined. They have some good athletes and good size so don't take them lightly. I think we will win but it is going to be a physical game with plenty of scoring on both sides. I think the leps will get some big stops early on defense and pull away in the third quarter but anything can happen and the Ducks will come to play.

Leopardfan201
09-12-2015, 07:36 PM
LG is not Rockdale or halletsville far from it...our defense won't allow more than 20

Pudlugger
09-15-2015, 08:19 PM
Dobbins ran for 239 yards in the La Vernia game what will he do against Taylor? He has over 650 rushing in 3 games so far and only played in the first half against Columbus. If he keeps this up he should break 2500 by the end of the regular season.

The Ducks like to pass the football so this will be the first passing team the Leps will have faced thus far. last week we got a key interception against the Bears in the end zone just before the half that prevented a probable go ahead td before the break. janda is playing a lot of defense and has been very effective in his coverage. out=r secondary looks to be stronger this year than last with more height and speed. That will be important especially against passing teams that we should encounter in the play offs.

LV_Bearfan
09-15-2015, 10:09 PM
Taylor is improved, but this won't be a good week for the ducks. Hopefully, Duck fans can just appreciate watching the rare talent that is JK Dobbins.

Pudlugger
09-18-2015, 07:35 AM
Game day is here! Tonight the Leps will have the opportunity to find out how well their defense is against a strong passing attack. Last year the Leps got burned right off the bat by WOS in game 4 of the play offs unable to defend against a strong passing game and two very skilled WRs. If the Leps are to have a chance to advance out of region III this year they must be able to wage a strong pass rush and better cover the secondary. Right now the Leps appear to be better at both these jobs. They have been able to pressure the Qb with a quick and physical D line and a punishing linebacker corp. In the secondary there is more speed and overall height than last year and as the season progresses they should develop into an excellent unit in coverage of the quality WRs they will be facing deep in the play offs. I look for some strong work by juniors #2 and #3 tonight along with the aggressive play from seniors Janda and Neiser. Go Leps!

Leopardfan201
09-18-2015, 07:52 AM
Go leps..beat the ducks Leps..49/17

PurplePop
09-18-2015, 08:34 AM
Game day is here! Tonight the Leps will have the opportunity to find out how well their defense is against a strong passing attack. Last year the Leps got burned right off the bat by WOS in game 4 of the play offs unable to defend against a strong passing game and two very skilled WRs. If the Leps are to have a chance to advance out of region III this year they must be able to wage a strong pass rush and better cover the secondary. Right now the Leps appear to be better at both these jobs. They have been able to pressure the Qb with a quick and physical D line and a punishing linebacker corp. In the secondary there is more speed and overall height than last year and as the season progresses they should develop into an excellent unit in coverage of the quality WRs they will be facing deep in the play offs. I look for some strong work by juniors #2 and #3 tonight along with the aggressive play from seniors Janda and Neiser. Go Leps!

LG is definitely on track working in some new offensive contributors around Dobbins. And, the D looks sound. I would favor LG over WOS at this point of the season. WOS lost so much on O and D. Jack Dallas is one of the best QB's in 4A-DII. But he doesn't have any dominant receivers to throw to. And, their running game isn't what it was last year. And, JK, JK, JK!!!

ronwx5x
09-18-2015, 01:27 PM
Look I know Taylor is 1-2 but if you look at their record they are putting up some points, 115 points in three games or 38points per game. Rockdale and Hallettsville are two ranked 3a teams and the Ducks put up 70 points on them combined. They have some good athletes and good size so don't take them lightly. I think we will win but it is going to be a physical game with plenty of scoring on both sides. I think the leps will get some big stops early on defense and pull away in the third quarter but anything can happen and the Ducks will come to play.
Phil, is that you?

HEMOTOXIC
09-18-2015, 01:37 PM

LG is on an entirely different level.

Leopards by 21+

Roughneck93
09-18-2015, 01:40 PM
Yeah, Leps roll....

PappaFeelGood
09-18-2015, 11:02 PM
Good show by the Leps tonight. The offensive line took over Dobbins with unofficially 300+ and he only played three Qs.
The defense also proved they can defend the pass. Leps 42-14

Pudlugger
09-18-2015, 11:03 PM
Yeah, Leps roll....

42-14 LG Final

Pudlugger
09-19-2015, 11:06 AM
Good show by the Leps tonight. The offensive line took over Dobbins with unofficially 300+ and he only played three Qs.
The defense also proved they can defend the pass. Leps 42-14

300+ yards for Dobbins! And they called back a 50 yard run for holding in the 3rd quarter too. He scored on the first play from scrimmage on a 75 yard run around the left side and a 79 yard td run off left tackle latter in the game plus several long gainers, What a great athlete he is. Everyone in the stands was treated to a rare tour de force last night. Our offense is spreading the wealth around with several supporting roles from Cabrera, Ramirez, Stackhouse, Janda, Ward and freshman rb Jarico Hardt. That kid can move the chains. He will be a big factor in the Leps future as will so many of our juniors and sophomores who are contributing so much already. We have much to be proud about in La Grange today.